AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-16, 11:16   Link #14961
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Why do two women have to be gay and in a relationship to raise a child together anyway? I think it does a disservice to those close female friends out there who do decide to raise a child together, to assume they must be gay and in a relationship. ;p

Partly tongue-in-cheek, as I've seen that argument used before; just tossing it right back, heh.

But yeah, the short seems a bit out of canon, or at least Fate is being a bit inconsistent, considering part of Vivid being special, is that Fate is actually around at this time.

And Demi, no offense, but you'll see almost anything through "this must mean it's NanoFate!" glasses. :P

Alternate explanation: Fate is in the habit of rescuing orphans and making sure they are taken care of. Erio, Caro, and Vivio all fall into that, so she considers herself a bit of a mother in that respect to all of them. She'd gladly watch Vivio if Nanoha wasn't around, so the focus isn't in any sort of romantic relationship with Nanoha; the focus is in the relationship between Fate and Vivio. A subtle, but distinct difference.
Old 2010-12-16, 11:43   Link #14962
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Why do two women have to be gay and in a relationship to raise a child together anyway? I think it does a disservice to those close female friends out there who do decide to raise a child together, to assume they must be gay and in a relationship. ;p
Agreed, two womans can raise a child without the needing of being a gay couple. In short, Nanoha, Fate and Vivio maybe can be "Two and a Half Women" xD

Also i'm interested in that Vivio/Fate short, if someone feels like sharing send me a PM please xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2010-12-16 at 12:09.
Old 2010-12-16, 12:07   Link #14963
mielipuoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
"Two and a Half Women"
Now that's a fanfic I'd read! b
Old 2010-12-16, 13:00   Link #14964
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Also i'm interested in that Vivio/Fate short, if someone feels like sharing send me a PM please xD
Don't tempt fate, you'll find yourself with a Cyphia x Signum lemon in your box. With Signum as the uke.
Old 2010-12-16, 13:06   Link #14965
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Don't tempt fate, you'll find yourself with a Cyphia x Signum lemon in your box. With Signum as the uke.
ahem >_> someone of us wouldn't mind.
Old 2010-12-16, 13:11   Link #14966
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
I wouldn't mind reading that myself.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-12-16, 13:12   Link #14967
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
... I... fail to see that as a bad thing, honestly.
Old 2010-12-16, 13:32   Link #14968
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Your 2nd sentence doesn't make sense. If it's 'official', then regardless who does the artwork, the short would be an official Nanoha manga.
For the artist to be official as well, the artist would need to be payed, in which case, I don't know if it was a fan thing, or he was actually given money to publish his artwork. And I never said the manga wasn't official, you put it on the same level as a fanfic, when it can't be a fanfic considering who the script writer is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo
Sure, two females can raise a child, but the way that manga presented it? The implications looked pretty blatant to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo
And Demi, no offense, but you'll see almost anything through "this must mean it's NanoFate!" glasses. :P
You must be thinking of some one else. I'm Fate x anyone, long as Fate's happy.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-12-16 at 13:44.
Old 2010-12-16, 13:42   Link #14969
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I believe the argument trying to be made here would properly translate into "Something being official does not mean it is canon."
Old 2010-12-16, 13:44   Link #14970
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
You're not gonna troll me xDU(i have the power of christmas by my side now =D). Also i'm refering to the "oficial" short writen by Tsuzuki, i know he's a master troll but i really doubt he ever will write something of that scale(specially when he doesn't have the guts to confirm any popular pairing xDU).

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-12-16, 13:52   Link #14971
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Actually, the 2nd Mothers Day thing doesn't have Tsuzuki's name anywhere. It only has Yuki Mashio listed, so I don't think Tsuzuki wrote it. He's had his name attached to everything else he's written.

But yeah, echoing Kaijo's comments here. Two women don't have to be in a relationship with each other to raise a child. This mind set is a strange mix of old and new mind sets. People are willing to accept a new form of family, yet at the same time they cling to the old fashioned idea that parents of a child must be a married couple.

In the end, Fate's official status as Vivio's god mother has never been explicitly changed to co-adopter. Doesn't change the fact that, to Vivio, Fate is her precious 2nd mother. This Vivio-Fate bond does not reflect on the Nanoha-Fate bond, though.
Old 2010-12-16, 13:58   Link #14972
Justin_Brett

Quote:
With Cypha as the uke.
If she gets that pissed off from Signum touching her in battle, well...
Old 2010-12-16, 14:05   Link #14973
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

So, in the end that "oficial" doujin doesen't have anything to do with Tsuzuki at all right? ...still if you guys think is worth reading i dont mind giving it a look xD

Returning to the "official non-canon" material topic, it's not that uncommon, i've readed mangas where the writer release from time to time short stories with the characters in situations completely untied to the main plot(Nobuhiro Watsuki does this for example). I don't have info of Tsuzuki doing this but for example it will be great if he decides to came a little more close to his fans, reading the writers commentaries and opinions at the end of a manga chapter is quite a relaxing experience, it helps the reader to understand the writer's intentions and vision of the story, i remember how Ken Akamatsu apologizes when he feel the need to do something bad to a well-received character or reflecting how his experiences affects the plot. If Tsuzuki haved done that, much things in the past would be a million times more understandable(also helps to gain some distance from the characters and be able to see as just that, characters).

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2010-12-16 at 14:24.
Old 2010-12-16, 14:13   Link #14974
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
So, in the end that "oficial" doujin doesen't have anything to do with Tsuzuki at all right? ...still if you guys think is worth reading i dont mind giving it a look xD

Returning to the "official non-canon" material topic, it's not that uncommon, i've readed mangas where the writer release from time to time short stories with the characters in situations completely untied to the main plot(Nobuhiro Watsuki does this for example). I don't have info of Tsuzuki doing this but for example it will be great if he decides to came a little more close to his fans, reading the writers commentaries and opinions at the end of a manga chapter is quite a relaxing experience, it helps the reader to undertand the writer's intentions and vision of the story, i remember how Ken Akamatsu apologizes when he deel the need to do something bad to a well-received character or refelcting how his experiences affects the plot. If Tsuzuki haved done that much things in the past would be a million times more understandable(also helps to gain some distance from the characters and be able to see as just that, characters).
Oh yeah, it's definitely worth a read. Just take it's potential canonicity with a grain of salt.

As for the rest of what you said, I think Force Dimension fits that bill why is no one translating those? If I had the raws maybe vic-vic and I will tackle it
Old 2010-12-16, 14:33   Link #14975
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
As for the rest of what you said, I think Force Dimension fits that bill why is no one translating those? If I had the raws maybe vic-vic and I will tackle it
Those things need to be tranlated then xD.

I'm also remebered about Jin Kobayashi(School rumble) and Nagaru Tanigawa(Haruhi Suzumiya), both of them also make commentaries(Kobayashi-sensei go as far as made then during the chapters themselves, more frenquently on the page's corners and frames xD!) and while they have different methods(Nagaru-sensei often put a single "chpater" at the end of one of his visual novels to comment things related about the progression of the plot and sometimes his personal life, philosophy or random stuff is a bit confusing sometimes), it's also a form of approaching and/or understanding.

I know Tsuzuki receives interviews from time to time but i hope he decide to do something similar in the future, he seems to be a very misterious and reserved person and i'm very curious about the vision he have for his stories ....i'm reaaaaally curious.

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-12-16, 14:51   Link #14976
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
I dun understand what canon means. You are missing a phrase, 'non canon with ____' At any rate, those new shorts are in the queue, maybe? I'm a sucker for new material.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2010-12-16, 15:38   Link #14977
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Doraneko started and then stopped. And seems to be on hiatus from everything.... Not even saying hi. ;A;

You could botherbotherbother Nina.Wolken for any raws you'd need, though I have a couple of issues that I could scan as well to ease the load off sensei. I only seem to have September Nyantype saved — the extra long special in this issue is also the same one that's in the Nanoha anthology book.

If a friend and I ever finish with SonoHana8, we might be able to pick up Dimension if you don't wanna. (/ω\)

On a somewhat related note, hope you guys don't mind me releasing a first draft copy of Memory;ex eventually. There's a giant gap on the two double-pagers that I'll eventually fix, whether better scans appear or I have to re-draw it. <___>

Also, wot do I put it as when uploading to MangaFox? Is this like chapter 19.5 or something? orz

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-12-16, 15:42   Link #14978
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
I'd just say "ViVid Special" when you upload it.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-12-16, 15:52   Link #14979
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I will wait with anticipation xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-12-16, 16:16   Link #14980
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Actually, the 2nd Mothers Day thing doesn't have Tsuzuki's name anywhere. It only has Yuki Mashio listed, so I don't think Tsuzuki wrote it. He's had his name attached to everything else he's written.
I think there's some misunderstanding about this. This short is not a doujin, it's part of one-shot collection published by Kadokawa's Comp Ace manga imprint (same as Vivid). So, I don't know how canon it is, but it's certainly official.

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen