AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 06:01   Link #481
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
That ninja guy, man. That ninja.
The ero version of Strider Hiryu no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What's wrong with the Incubus ? Or the robot-dragon? Or the Poring

Maahhh, if the OP is to be trusted, the good thing about the guys is that no matter what shape or size, they all enjoy a good ero-book
The robot-dragon is cool, but that Incubus burns my eyes. Dude, it's not even a eye-candy for females.

And I doubt that slime will actually enjoy the ero-book. He can only.. well... watch.
Old 2011-10-04, 06:51   Link #482
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Eh probably is the reason why nobody pick it up but Hadena crappy fansub.
Definitely going into the "maybe" pile for now. I'll see how the second episode turns out.

Really, I'm thinking the author was on something when he wrote this. I wasn't at all expecting there to be so many random characters thrown in from angels to male succubus (O.o) to a slime to a witch to a demon... *takes a deep breath* and whatever other anime shows have come up with since their inception.

And, if going by the LN thread, 5000-plus pages just for the prologue! That amounts to a total of about four or five history books I've had since Freshman year in high school.

I wonder how they'll cover everything or most of it.

However, I do admit I did enjoy the first episode. Confusing, yes, but it was still fun to watch. It'll most likely have one of the most unique plots I've seen so far in an anime.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 09:22   Link #483
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

No idea what's going on. But it seems in the future humans are fighting over something and some of them have become mutants.

Some kid with earrings is supposed to be someone important but he still has to go to class?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 12:45   Link #484
Jarmel

This was an absolute mess.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 13:35   Link #485
tsunade666

I watched the raw and understand a little and after watching the subs I understand a bit but still it's a mess with the part when Toori shows up until the ending kicks in. What the heck is happening? like confession to Horizon? and the original is already dead and the one in the bakery is a fake and just created?
Old 2011-10-04, 14:52   Link #486
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
btw what is this 'gutei' means? some kind of nickname?
The Chinese translation has it as "silly brother" I think... Well, it's something-brother that's for sure
The kanji for "gutei" is 愚弟, so "silly brother" is a good translation. It would be perfect if it was "silly younger brother", but it's kind of big for a nickname

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Really, I'm thinking the author was on something when he wrote this.
Haha, in fact the author of the LNs (Kawakami Minoru) already had ideas about his stories when he was in the junior high. But he couldn't write because he didn't have enough knowledge, so he studied, studied and what we got was something crazy like this. The sequence of his series are:

FORTH (連射王) -> AHEAD (Owari no Chronicle)-> EDGE -> *GENESIS (Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon) -> OBSTACLE (Obstacle Overture) -> CITY (Toshi Series)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Some kid with earrings is supposed to be someone important but he still has to go to class?
Yes. All the important people are "students" in Horizon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I watched the raw and understand a little and after watching the subs I understand a bit but still it's a mess with the part when Toori shows up until the ending kicks in. What the heck is happening? like confession to Horizon? and the original is already dead and the one in the bakery is a fake and just created?
There was a question exactly like yours on the Q&A of the first episode in the 2ch thread. The answer is like most of the others: "You'll know later, so you don't have to worry about this now."
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 15:17   Link #487
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

That was pretty boring. The male protagonist droopy eyes bothers me for some reason.
Old 2011-10-04, 17:27   Link #488
U<3Anime
Boo!

Thought it was pretty damn entertaining for a first episode. Needed some action after watching the first episode of fate/zero and this is what I needed.

Some group needs to sub this damn show already.
Old 2011-10-04, 18:22   Link #489
jzmagic
flargansbog

I had no idea what was going on in the 1st episode. And the description of this series is pretty confusing.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 18:27   Link #490
PzIVf3

For those who are confuse. Here's the explanation.

>Humanity went to another war and made the Earth uninhabitable.
>Most people ran away to a pocket dimension and decided to push a reset button on their culture that lead to that war
>They started to repeat their history, fixing what necessary, but 100 years before the series, the 'book' that was telling them how to live in order to rebuild, stopped.
>People from pocket dimension went back and conquered the remaining habitable land.
>The ship is what left of those who stayed home, forced to drift because their land was taken away and is a military academy that trains representatives of different countries
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 18:48   Link #491
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

That's still a little confusing....

Let me try and paraphrase:

Humanity was on the brink of extinction after a catastrophic war and its effect made most of the planet uninhabitable. (I'm amusing this war and the anime takes place far in the future were technology is pretty much like magic.)

Humanity created a small dimension (the flying ships?) to start over and voluntary regressed their civilization in an attempt to not repeat another war. 100 years have passed and humanity began to make the same mistakes. Another catastrophe happened and now humans have gone back to the old world to take over what habitable places are left.
------------------------------------

I couldn't make heads or tales of what was going on in this first episode however it has caught my attention with it's animation and the varied and unique characters it has shown.
Old 2011-10-04, 20:03   Link #492
kemal_1915

this is what I know and there is no spoiler

The setting:
Kawakami Sensei has created a huge setting about his work and he is planning to finish it (!)
How huge is it?
There are six series
"FORTH" > "AHEAD" > "EDGE" > " GENESIS" > "OBSTACLE" > "CITY"
they are in chronological order
He depicts a series of evolution of human across thousand years
He has finished "CITY" - a short collection of novel but I haven't read them
also he has finished "AHEAD" - "Owarino Kuronikuru" or "The chronicle of the End"
"Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon" is "GENESIS"
In "EDGE", men were able to fly into space (as he said) and the Earth is nearly deserted (for unknown reason)
In "GENESIS", some men came back to Earth and found it was inhabitable except Japan
At the same time, a unknown reason (I don't know, maybe they will tell later) made them unable to fly back into space again
so they created a pocket dimension for them to live by using Japan's land
In order to fly into the space again, they intend to re-live the history (according to the holy bible) and find the way to go back again
However, something goes wrong (holy bible is ended) then the story begins

Yes, it is very confusing
and it is impossible for people to understand that by wacthing the anime
for the anime, it is all about doing the visual part right
it is NOT NECESSARY and NOT REASONABLE to understand the whole plot
As the visual part, I think they do a good job in the ep 1
for those who want to know more about the story, read the novel

Last edited by kemal_1915; 2011-10-04 at 20:34.
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 20:28   Link #493
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

So, I watched it again, with subs that didn't give me brain cancer, and I have to say...it's really quite hilarious.

Normally, I wouldn't give a show that visually screams "Infinite Stratos" vibes so much as a glance, but Sensei and Aoi have me a believer in this show producing laughs. As long as it sticks to the humor and doesn't collapse under the weight of the apparently very complicated source material, I think it'll do just fine, gag-inducing boobs aside.

Also, lol @ "..stick your #$*# in the power socket and die!"
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 20:38   Link #494
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Well. The subs came across did weird me out a bit, but nevertheless, I understood what was going on.

Though, that was one of the weirdest opening episodes I've ever seen. I mean, I'm digging the character diversity (though some of them seem... Unnecessary?) and the voice acting is great IMO, but it seems to have created a mile-long tangent from what I was expecting. I'll go ahead and assume it's meant for simple character introductions with a few setting tidbits here and there, so I'm not put off by the fact. Most likely, the real plot will occur next episode.

Maybe it was the months of research that managed to prevent me from becoming swamped with confusing information, but I didn't have trouble here.

Hopefully I can find some better subs though.
Old 2011-10-04, 21:02   Link #495
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Holy mackerel batman, too many characters first episode and information overload. What is going on here?

I mean sure, production values are sky-high, but lets be honest here... first episode pretty much nothing happens of consequence and no info was given except by giving us an overview by the narrator. No hook given either except for the fact that main guy is going to ask someone out (dead no less lols) in the second episode, which is different to be fair. But can't say this was an excellent first episode, though I thoroughly enjoyed the eye candy (fanservice or not).

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 23:26   Link #496
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
this is what I know and there is no spoiler

The setting:
Kawakami Sensei has created a huge setting about his work and he is planning to finish it (!)
How huge is it?
There are six series
"FORTH" > "AHEAD" > "EDGE" > " GENESIS" > "OBSTACLE" > "CITY"
they are in chronological order
He depicts a series of evolution of human across thousand years
He has finished "CITY" - a short collection of novel but I haven't read them
also he has finished "AHEAD" - "Owarino Kuronikuru" or "The chronicle of the End"
"Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon" is "GENESIS"
In "EDGE", men were able to fly into space (as he said) and the Earth is nearly deserted (for unknown reason)
In "GENESIS", some men came back to Earth and found it was inhabitable except Japan
At the same time, a unknown reason (I don't know, maybe they will tell later) made them unable to fly back into space again
so they created a pocket dimension for them to live by using Japan's land
In order to fly into the space again, they intend to re-live the history (according to the holy bible) and find the way to go back again
However, something goes wrong (holy bible is ended) then the story begins

Yes, it is very confusing
and it is impossible for people to understand that by wacthing the anime
for the anime, it is all about doing the visual part right
it is NOT NECESSARY and NOT REASONABLE to understand the whole plot
As the visual part, I think they do a good job in the ep 1
for those who want to know more about the story, read the novel
.....That's one of the most insane plot summaries I've seen in a good long time. They needed to have put atleast half of this info at the beginning of the episode in visual format as some sort of prologue. Right now the director and scriptwriter both deserve to be fired.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 23:34   Link #497
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

And people will complain about how the first ep is so confusing with too much information.

Seriously, the first ep did well to draw people's attention. We may get all the explanation at 2nd ep.

Btw, I don't know how you could stack enough info from Kyoukai Horizon alone in the first ep, and you ask for all of his works into one? Go read the novel if that's what you want.
Old 2011-10-04, 23:36   Link #498
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
And people will complain about how the first ep is so confusing with too much information.

Seriously, the first ep did well to draw people's attention. We may get all the explanation at 2nd ep.
Naturally, anything with more than 4 girls or 1 guy is a complicating story
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 23:44   Link #499
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

fortunately I manage to understand the story in this ep by just read the synopsis on the first post in this topic and watch better sub.
about the amount of characters, it was also already stated on the first post and the website so it's not a big surprise for me.

I really enjoyed this ep after watch the sub, can't wait for the next ep!
btw, is this new trailer is the preview for ep 2? can't open it in my country >.<
http://genesis-horizon.net/#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell
Btw, I don't know how you could stack enough info from Kyoukai Horizon alone in the first ep, and you ask for all of his works into one? Go read the novel if that's what you want.
I couldn't agree more with you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Naturally, anything with more than 4 girls or 1 guy is a complicating story
LOL
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 23:56   Link #500
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Maahhh~ In any case, I couldn't care less with the setting for now- I'm trying to learn the names of all the classmates The only ones I've remembered are Kimi and Renji, everybody else I refer to their class or physical appearance.

Ninja
Boxer
Robot Dragon
Incubus
Giant
Indian Guy
Fat Guy
Money Guy
Blond girl that hangs around Money Guy
Brown hair normal looking guy... Or is it a girl?... Trappish.
Winged-Girl Blond
Winged-Girl Black
Archer Miko
Rider Shy Girl
Lancer Megane Girl
Sliver hair drills Flatchest Girl

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-10-05 at 00:38.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise