AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-03, 21:28   Link #461
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I largely agree with the oversized boobs criticism, but in the age of the lolicon, it's refreshing to see full-bodied females for a change (even if their breast size would make Mikuru Asahina green with envy ).
Old 2011-10-03, 22:07   Link #462
Entropy
Flame warrior

Words cannot possibly convey how much I despise the character designs on this show. They are just so utterly terrible, especially the main guy with his Down's Syndrome face with no nose. Actually, practically no one in this first episode has a nose from their frontal profile, save for that one likely side character dude, which is probably why I almost universally hate every single one of them, especially since no one but the teacher so far has shown any redeeming qualities. I'm not even talking about the breasts, because they've somehow, from the bottom of the animators' dark, wizened hearts also managed to ruin oversized boobs for me, which if you know me is damn near impossible.

Overall, 10/10 because this first ep is just so bad that I had to finish just so that I had to destroy in front of my select group of peers.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 22:19   Link #463
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

That was quite interesting. Liked the OP and the bgm was good as well. Aoi is definitely the best. Perfect way to get an attack on sensei.
Old 2011-10-04, 00:34   Link #464
Forsaken_Infinity

What the heck was that o_O ???!!!!

It was kinda fun though.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 00:44   Link #465
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
What the heck was that o_O ???!!!!
A moral lesson; Even if civilization gets destroyed and history is rewritten over and over again, Man would still find a way to ensure that Eroge survives no matter what.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 00:52   Link #466
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

it's kinda funny how many people still don't understand what's going on in this ep despite stuopidget trying to explain it in the simplest way numerous time.
Quote:
I don't think it was very chaotic/random though. Just your regular PE lesson for the day with an eccentric, overpowered teacher . Seems like most characters are holding back though, no surprise there.
Quote:
Literally the whole episode is a physical education lesson, you get to see the character's faces, their names, their skills and their concentration/majors in school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89
That was quite interesting. Liked the OP and the bgm was good as well. Aoi is definitely the best. Perfect way to get an attack on sensei.
yes of course, Aoi Toori FTW!
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 01:01   Link #467
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
it's kinda funny how many people still don't understand what's going on in this ep despite stuopidget trying to explain it in the simplest way numerous time.
I thought it was funny how most shows start off with introducing the Main characters, but Horizon starts us off by showing all of the supporting cast only to have Toori steal a feel- I mean, steal the spotlight at the end.
Old 2011-10-04, 01:09   Link #468
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

It was more entertaining than I thought it'd be.

I'm not sure where to even begin with the curry throwing Indian. LoL.

I'm so used to Ryoko Shiraishi as Hayate that it was weird to hear her as "Sensei". It's really too bad her boob size wasn't the norm. Some of the boobs bouncing around (with sound effects!) were quite...big. :/

Anyone know how much of the light novels they're planning on following, seeing as the light novels are like over 5k pages, and this is only a 13 episode series?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 01:13   Link #469
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I thought it was funny how most shows start off with introducing the Main characters, but Horizon starts us off by showing all of the supporting cast only to have Toori steal a feel- I mean, steal the spotlight at the end.
he's actually appeared on the beginning (my ava, my ava ) but I had to admit his perfomance on the ending gave more impact (too bad it was censored and ended 'badly' for him) LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb
seeing as the light novels are like over 5k pages, and this is only a 13 episode series?
second season is already confirmed for next year.
Old 2011-10-04, 01:20   Link #470
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
he's actually appeared on the beginning (my ava, my ava ) but I had to admit his perfomance on the ending gave more impact (too bad it was censored and ended 'badly' for him) LOL
Which I don't get because it was clearly not censored for the PV
Old 2011-10-04, 01:26   Link #471
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
A moral lesson; Even if civilization gets destroyed and history is rewritten over and over again, Man would still find a way to ensure that Eroge survives no matter what.
and they are lining up to buy it as well

Quote:
Which I don't get because it was clearly not censored for the PV
last minute adjustment to increase BD sales?

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2011-10-04 at 01:49.
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 03:20   Link #472
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Have to say, an entertaining episode that was. Loved the interaction between the team. Hope we see more of that in the future. Don't know which girl is prettier, they have such awesome design. Guess the personality will have to decide that later. Gotta mention their chest size, all squashy and fluffy.

While the females are gorgeous, I can't say the same for the male cast who came in... various shapes and sizes. I know that its done for the comedic parts but some designs for the males are just out of place, like that curry guy. I wish the guys got a same treatment, not The Lost Canvas beauties, but at least some more normal ones to even the odds. The main guy didn't go much on my nerves as I thought he would be. But it is too soon to say that.
Old 2011-10-04, 03:30   Link #473
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Have to say, an entertaining episode that was. Loved the interaction between the team. Hope we see more of that in the future. Don't know which girl is prettier, they have such awesome design. Guess the personality will have to decide that later. Gotta mention their chest size, all squashy and fluffy.

While the females are gorgeous, I can't say the same for the male cast who came in... various shapes and sizes. I know that its done for the comedic parts but some designs for the males are just out of place, like that curry guy. I wish the guys got a same treatment, not The Lost Canvas beauties, but at least some more normal ones to even the odds. The main guy didn't go much on my nerves as I thought he would be. But it is too soon to say that.
The teacher's far and way the best duh. FAR AND AWAY. She's so badass too.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 04:04   Link #474
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
The teacher's far and way the best duh. FAR AND AWAY. She's so badass too.
i personally prefer kimi-nee with her boobs sharp and slutty tongue

though that teacher is also badass and hot as well

===

btw what is this 'gutei' means? some kind of nickname?
Old 2011-10-04, 04:06   Link #475
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:

That ninja guy, man. That ninja.
Old 2011-10-04, 04:14   Link #476
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
i personally prefer kimi-nee with her boobs sharp and slutty tongue

though that teacher is also badass and hot as well
I kinda of like Kimi for that reason too, she's pretty hilarious with her speech pattern

(Could this be?! For the first time this year I have a favorite female character that has a sizable rack?!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
btw what is this 'gutei' means? some kind of nickname?
The Chinese translation has it as "silly brother" I think... Well, it's something-brother that's for sure

Quote:
What's wrong with the Incubus ? Or the robot-dragon? Or the Poring

Maahhh, if the OP is to be trusted, the good thing about the guys is that no matter what shape or size, they all enjoy a good ero-book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
That ninja guy, man. That ninja.
Kinda reminds me of TK from Angel Beats
Old 2011-10-04, 04:19   Link #477
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:

Anyway , the fights look good , there are many differents characters , some of them look cool , -NINJA- , some of them not , the "main lead" oh god , really , he looks like a gay pervert for real !
Well , still , this anime can be a good watch with the war story.

Btw , the Slime was hilarious
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 05:33   Link #478
endarion88

is there a LN thread of this?
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 05:45   Link #479
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
is there a LN thread of this?
yes it is Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon [Light Novel]

and about the girl, my current favourite is her even though I've only saw her on OP snd PV
Old 2011-10-04, 05:54   Link #480
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Probably the most random anime I've seen so far. It's like an amalgam of different anime character archetypes merged into one.

As I told my friend, it is so random. I've seen the first episode twice so far. At times I asked myself if the author of the light novel was under the influence of some controlled substance at the time he wrote it.

However, the anime has three things going for it so far, maybe four:
  1. Animation looks fluid and smooth.
  2. It's funny and fun to watch.
  3. The background music is impressive. I'm looking forward to the soundtrack.
  4. http://genesis-horizon.net/character/index25.html

I've managed to sit through the entire episode without going "Derp"-mode in-between. Plus, if it relates to history in some way, I may enjoy it. At the moment, this is going into the "maybe I'll continue watching it" pile.

It's a fun first episode. I had my laughs. The characters vary between "" to crazy to weird. And, the music and animation looks and sounds good.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise