AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-24, 01:24   Link #81
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
White Fox has a really mixed TV record. Katanagatari was an OVA first off so they got a lot more time compared to their TV series. Steins;Gate wasn't a great looking show but the directing was enough to cover it. On the other hand, Maou was very well directed and very good visually. Jormungand was a mess that's main redeeming value was the source material itself being damn good enough to cover the botched anime adaptation. The gun fights in Jormungand were awful to say the least. So the question becomes who is working on Akame at White Fox and what their schedule is? Akame is a much more action series than Maou which was closer to SOL than anything else.
Pretty much how I'm looking at it, no idea why so many people think this is a home run strictly due to "WHITE FOX". As much as I liked Maou-sama it doesn't have anywhere near enough action to counter how they handled Jormungand, the most recent action anime they have done. As for Katanagatari it was a tv series on an OVA like schedule and was the second adaption of a Nisio property after his mega smash Bakemonogatari.

White Fox still have a lot to prove, especially in this genre.
Old 2014-01-24, 03:15   Link #82
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Pretty much how I'm looking at it, no idea why so many people think this is a home run strictly due to "WHITE FOX". As much as I liked Maou-sama it doesn't have anywhere near enough action to counter how they handled Jormungand, the most recent action anime they have done. As for Katanagatari it was a tv series on an OVA like schedule and was the second adaption of a Nisio property after his mega smash Bakemonogatari.

I, for one, wouldn't mind if they spent their entire budgets on the armor equips for our respective three bro characters, .

Those scenes must be as glorified as they were in the manga!
Old 2014-01-24, 03:19   Link #83
solomon

WHite Fox eh?

It better look at least as good as Katanagatari or it's gonna be a waste.

(I'm really biased because that is some of the best shonen manga work i've seen to date visually).
Old 2014-01-24, 03:21   Link #84
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Mixed bag as it were (Personally I'd contest that notion) you can't forget that amongst the general repertoire of anime studios they're solidly counted in the high tiers. Their good cred is fully deserved from their track record of hits in the last few years, so it's fair to be a bit more optimistic here. Akame is also a pretty popular property, so it'd probably get reasonably good backing in production.
Old 2014-01-25, 01:30   Link #85
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

probably similar to jomurgand. Beautiful animated action scene but the story will fall short.
Old 2014-01-26, 17:38   Link #86
bastek66

There is one problem with White Fox. They can't handle 2-cour anime. That's why Jormungand was split-cour. They must prepare like with Steins;Gate, otherwise one cour will be dissapoiting amount of episodes.
Old 2014-01-27, 12:19   Link #87
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
There is one problem with White Fox. They can't handle 2-cour anime. That's why Jormungand was split-cour. They must prepare like with
Steins;Gate, otherwise one cour will be dissapoiting amount of episodes.
They did just fine with Steins;Gate and Tears to Tiara
Old 2014-01-27, 14:37   Link #88
Tenzen12

I am not sure whether Tears to Tiara can be considered as good example of well handled two cours show. Pacing was all over place there.
Old 2014-01-27, 15:43   Link #89
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I personally didn't have any problems with it and it's pacing.
Old 2014-01-27, 17:31   Link #90
Esclair

I wonder how much the anime will cover. The only good stopping point I can think of is at the latest chapter, especially since we got THAT scene which would make for a very good ending point as well as the hype and setup for season 2.

However, that'd mean covering ~54 chapters in 24 episodes (assuming they get 2 cours). AgK chapters are already on the longer side so I don't know if they can fit that much content in without massive cuts or feeling rushed.
Old 2014-01-27, 19:34   Link #91
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
I wonder how much the anime will cover. The only good stopping point I can think of is at the latest chapter, especially since we got THAT scene which would make for a very good ending point as well as the hype and setup for season 2.

However, that'd mean covering ~54 chapters in 24 episodes (assuming they get 2 cours). AgK chapters are already on the longer side so I don't know if they can fit that much content in without massive cuts or feeling rushed.
There's only about 45 chapters out. I imagine it'll probably end at chapter 43 since that ends the Borick arc and it's a good stopping point
Old 2014-01-27, 22:32   Link #92
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
There's only about 45 chapters out. I imagine it'll probably end at chapter 43 since that ends the Borick arc and it's a good stopping point
Ideal solution will be that. But is too ideal.

My expectation is 1 cour end with base raid arc
Old 2014-01-30, 00:33   Link #93
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

It'd be disappointing as I won't be able to see Seryuu get her ass kicked.
And it'll stretch thing a little bit since we're talking about adapt 20chaps (which equal to roughly 40chaps of other weekly series) into 12eps here. Well, i guess they can skip some of the earlier parts (like the slasher guy).
Old 2014-02-02, 00:55   Link #94
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Source of the confirmation (since no one provided it yet),

Old 2014-02-02, 08:44   Link #95
OverSeer
Inactive Member

^what is with the Feb 2 2014 date in the middle? What is that supposed to be?
Old 2014-02-02, 09:26   Link #96
Raxnom
気疲れ

Date when magazine from where Akame ga Kill is serialized comes out.
Old 2014-03-06, 08:34   Link #97
Jetzero Infinity

Short teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsqpjtceIZo
Old 2014-03-06, 08:53   Link #98
HauntingShock

Here's hoping that's not the actual animation they'll use...
Old 2014-03-06, 09:21   Link #99
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Depending on what you mean by that I might disagree, it sure looks rather uncanny but it has more pros than cons to me.
It's very fluid and the boobs and armpit are art is consistent. Albeit it feels like poorman's GITS Innocence/Okiura with less detailed (and too mechanical) movements and weird composing.
Even now, I'm still wondering if it's either CGI, hand drawn, or hand drawn over CGI. You sure it's White Fox? Never seen them using this kind of visuals.
Old 2014-03-06, 09:36   Link #100
HauntingShock

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ Depending on what you mean by that I might disagree, it sure looks rather uncanny but it has more pros than cons to me.
It's very fluid and the boobs and armpit are art is consistent. Albeit it feels like poorman's GITS Innocence/Okiura with less detailed (and too mechanical) movements and weird composing.
Even now, I'm still wondering if it's either CGI, hand drawn, or hand drawn over CGI. You sure it's White Fox? Never seen them using this kind of visuals.
I'd rather see them use hand-drawn animation than CGI to be honest...

And yeah, the leaked info on twitter was that it will be animated by White Fox... but this teaser was uploaded by Toho animation, now I'm not sure Just realized being uploaded by Toho animation doesn't mean anything at all

Last edited by HauntingShock; 2014-03-06 at 12:07.
Closed Thread