Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-11, 00:51   Link #1
Mairu

Fullmetal Alchemist LICENSED - IGN.com

Quote:
Funimation will handle distributing the Fullmetal Alchemist cartoon in North America -- a cartoon that has already sold 51 episodes to Cartoon Network for an October air date. Square, of course, is picking up the game end of things, namely the lengthy localization process, which requires trying to make sense of an...interesting...storyline. Expect it Spring of 2005.
In the preview for the PS2 game:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/513/513178p1.html

Old 2004-05-11, 01:04   Link #2
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith

Anyone who dares disbelieve me now... :fingers:

[commence fanboy whining]
Old 2004-05-11, 01:05   Link #3
Griffith

I saw that coming, heh. Just when I had started watching it, too. It will most likely still be subbed though, I assume.
Old 2004-05-11, 01:06   Link #4
microlith

Quote:
It will most likely still be subbed though, I assume.
Fansubbing is dead? Yes! It's just warez now.
Old 2004-05-11, 01:07   Link #5
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Wow! This is really cool news! Not only is it going to be put on American TV, but Square is also going to make a game out of it. Very cool, even though I'm honestly disappointed that it was licensed while I was watching it.
Old 2004-05-11, 01:08   Link #6
Griffith

Heh, I'm not saying it's right to keep subbing it. It's just a fact that it will (probably) happen.
Old 2004-05-11, 01:08   Link #7
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
I have to believe, as much as I do not wish to before the end of the series... it's licensed. Funimation has also recently bought the domain name of

fullmetalalchemist.com

So it seems like we'll see an official drop of fma torrents from animesuki.

It's a pity we'll have to wait so long to watch the rest but as a great series that FMA, I'll enjoy supporting it when the dvds come out stateside.
Old 2004-05-11, 01:11   Link #8
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

I will be buying the dvds as they come as well. Can't wait.
Old 2004-05-11, 01:34   Link #9
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I see that it has been removed from animesuki's anime series list.... so I guess this is all true... oh well...

edit for a question:

so yeah... I was wondering.... since this show is going to NA television... will there be dvds released at the same time or shortly after or way after? I wouldn't mind picking this series up on dvd... but it's gonna be shitty if I have to wait for a long time after it's been shown on cartoon network ... can someone enlighten me on this?

Last edited by Prince of Chronics; 2004-05-11 at 01:45. Reason: added a question...
Old 2004-05-11, 01:35   Link #10
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

This is a pleasant bit of news. ^^

I've been waiting for this day for some time...

/me grabs a lawn chair and waits for the whiny fanboys to arrive.
Old 2004-05-11, 01:51   Link #11
method

Good news for me. I missed out on the earlier episodes and now that Funi picked it up I can see what this series is about. It too early to tell what the dvd plans are.
Old 2004-05-11, 01:56   Link #12
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

About bloody time. What took them so long, anyway? If they had started a few months ago, we wouldn't have to wait so long for the DVDs to be released.

Not to whine about the schedule or anything, but if they don't release the DVDs until AFTER the entire series has run on Cartoon Network, I'll break down and cry. Airing in October 2004, 1 year running time, then releasing 1 DVD every few months after that... I'd rather not think about it.

Nah, I don't think we'll have to wait that long, I'm just afraid we might....
Old 2004-05-11, 01:57   Link #13
B-Tight

pfffff no big deal, I already know a group which will continue to sub it
Old 2004-05-11, 02:00   Link #14
microlith

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
Not to whine about the schedule or anything, but if they don't release the DVDs until AFTER the entire series has run on Cartoon Network, I'll break down and cry. Airing in October 2004, 1 year running time, then releasing 1 DVD every few months after that... I'd rather not think about it.

Nah, I don't think we'll have to wait that long, I'm just afraid we might....
Funi won't wait that long. It'd be best for them to start getting discs out reasonably soon after the show starts to catch all the new fans who want it on DVD. I'll be expecting the first disc either December, or early 2005.
Old 2004-05-11, 02:01   Link #15
Za Paper

Funimation was cybersquatting on the domain name for quite a while now. Although that doesnt always equal a license, I knew it was coming. I hope funimation doesnt give it the Kiddy Grade treatment of only 3 eps per disc.
Old 2004-05-11, 02:08   Link #16
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
Funi won't wait that long. It'd be best for them to start getting discs out reasonably soon after the show starts to catch all the new fans who want it on DVD. I'll be expecting the first disc either December, or early 2005.
Yeah, I thought so do, but I'm not very familiar with Funimation's release habits, so I was just scared of the worst case scenario. But a December '04 / early '05 release sounds good to me.

It makes sense, though. With the PS2 game coming up, it would be rather stupid to wait very long with the DVD releases should the game prove to be a success (and let's face it, Square-Enix can sell on their good name alone).

I'm kinda curious as to what age rating they'll set for the DVDs. I expect that Cartoon Network will do some heavy editing before airing, but the show still won't be all that suited for younger audiences. I'm also a bit curious as to how they'll handle it in regards to the PS2 game's age rating. It'll be interesting to see what news surface over the next couple of months.

Last edited by AG3; 2004-05-11 at 02:16. Reason: I don't even know what year this is... -_-;;
Old 2004-05-11, 02:13   Link #17
OkitaSoshiX

hhhmmm...Cartoon Network Anime=Badly Cosplayed Holloween kids running to my door and pretending to Transmutate the candy into king size or some crap. I don't know about the rest of you (Reading from your responses I'd say positive) But I have to say this royally SUCKS! This is the reason why I stopped watching every Toonami cartoon on run...The kids at school laughing at the anime kids that watch it and call them "DBZ losers" and than the Kids don't make it any worse by saying "I love anime and proud of it". Personally I am mad because now people will add Hagane no Renkinjutsushi to the "DBZ" and "Inu-yasha" Pretty soon I'm see on FFXI "AlphonseElrich" or "EdwardElrich". I am saddened and very disappointed.

AND WHEN'S NARUTO'S TURN!!!!...i hate that stupid anime.
Old 2004-05-11, 02:13   Link #18
microlith

You do realize I meant December of this year, right?

Releasing the DVDs a year after the show started would end up with Funi missing the wave of popularity the show will enjoy during the early part of its run.

As for raitngs, the show isn't THAT bad. The DVDs will probably be 12+ (and unedited) and the game will probably be T, possibly lower. Funi doesn't have to do anything to FMA because it's almost a surefire success.
Old 2004-05-11, 02:16   Link #19
microlith

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkitaSoshiX
hhhmmm...Cartoon Network Anime=Badly Cosplayed Holloween kids running to my door and pretending to Transmutate the candy into king size or some crap. I don't know about the rest of you (Reading from your responses I'd say positive) But I have to say this royally SUCKS! This is the reason why I stopped watching every Toonami cartoon on run...The kids at school laughing at the anime kids that watch it and call them "DBZ losers" and than the Kids don't make it any worse by saying "I love anime and proud of it". Personally I am mad because now people will add Hagane no Renkinjutsushi to the "DBZ" and "Inu-yasha" Pretty soon I'm see on FFXI "AlphonseElrich" or "EdwardElrich". I am saddened and very disappointed.
Wah, people are enjoying the same thing I am!

A textbook example of an elitist fanboy rant
Old 2004-05-11, 02:17   Link #20
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkitaSoshiX

AND WHEN'S NARUTO'S TURN!!!!...i hate that stupid anime.
Honestly, if you don't like it on television then don't watch it. If it bothers you so much to see other people enjoy a series, maybe you should reconsider you motivations behind watching and enjying anime.
Closed Thread