AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-08, 03:45   Link #121
aSacredTear
Haruka no koto ga daisuki

Send a message via MSN to aSacredTear
Hi, this is my first post on animesuki forums so here is my opinion:

I don't see how Mitsuki and Takayuki can ever rebuild their relationship from what's happened so far. Also, I agree in thinking that Haruka is the lead female for various reasons. Her voice actress sings both the opening and ending themes and is also listed 2nd on the credits list. She also is the main focus of the opening and ending isn't she? (Note the lines "ano oka de" and the silhouette of Haruka on the hill).

As for the "ai shiteiru" part.... I'm not quite fluent in Japanese.. but after using "ai shiteiru" he uses "sono tsumori da keddo" which means "That was/is the intention but..." and he also adds "haruka to wa owatta hazu noni" which means even though I'm supposed to be done with Haruka. (Note the word for expected is different from the word intended. He distinctly uses tsumori for his intention of loving Mitsuki but he uses Hazu for showing it's not intended but "should be" done with Haruka.) To me it sounds like 1) he is first being the traditional humble Japanese person by refuting him being nice and feeling guilty. 2) Saying that even though everyone thinks he's done with Haruka and that's how things are supposed to be, he obviously feels differently. If I'm incorrect on Taka's statement, please correct me. I'm pretty sure he says "that's my intention but.."(sono tsumori dakeddo) As in, he wants to love her but that's not how it is.

That's my 2 cents on four years of Japanese.
Old 2003-12-08, 03:54   Link #122
DwArD
mAnIaC

OoOoOoO.....After watching this anime, I start to have a feeling that its difficult being either a man or a woman

And Taka is really in a difficult position here. After 3 years and being with Mitsuki for 3 years, he should have develop feelings for her by now. So its pretty logcial that he loves Mitsuki. However, there is this Haruka who is in coma because of him. If I were Takayuki, I sure dunno wad to do bout it. And finally, I don't think the rest of the remaining 4 episodes is going to be a very happy one...except for the ending...
Old 2003-12-08, 04:01   Link #123
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSacredTear
Also, I agree in thinking that Haruka is the lead female for various reasons. Her voice actress sings both the opening and ending themes and is also listed 2nd on the credits list. She also is the main focus of the opening and ending isn't she? (Note the lines "ano oka de" and the silhouette of Haruka on the hill).
The figure is intentionally vague in my opinion.

And If you want to use funny reasons such as Opening and Ending songs, I can argue that Mitsuki is the main heroine because she gets the VIP treatment in all Kiminozo related merchandises.

In fact the she had the honor of gracing the FIRST Kiminozo anime character song series, while both Haruka and Akane's are relaseasd later this month on the SAME date.

I can provide you with more funny reasons if you want me to.
Old 2003-12-08, 04:13   Link #124
aSacredTear

Well, we're not gonna get an easy answer. It is intentionally vague but my opinion is that Haruka isn't as insignificant as others have commented. I personally believe she got the better side of the anime bias and is the lead female. As for the Suzumiyas' cd coming out on the 26th... it is the day after Christmas (A romantic holiday in Japan as well as a time for sales. It'd be better marketing since I think more people would be interested in buying the opening and ending songs.) I'm just trying to make some reasoning that leaves it vague and mysterious. I don't think merchandise release dates explain the ending so I'm fighting for Haruka's side while everyone else speaks of the Mitsuki merchandise and tries to easily imply something.

Last edited by aSacredTear; 2003-12-08 at 05:02.
Old 2003-12-08, 04:24   Link #125
Key Board
Carbon

I think I've said this before. Perhaps on this forum on some other internet community

Mitsuki is unmistakably the active heroine. For many reasons stated before.

Haruka is intended to be the symbolic heroine. Her presense can be felt even in scenes where she is not present.

It's just another part of their LONG list of duology

Unfortunately, the anime so far has failed to build up Haruka's character and flesh out insights to her heart and character. As such she feels more like an event / force of nature / plot device now than an actual character. This is my personal opinion of course.

There is only one possible way to remedy this

Oh, and Sacredtear, why are you bringing up the picture book issue all of a sudden? Have you played the game?
Old 2003-12-08, 04:29   Link #126
tem

Fickle, fickle. Takayuki kisses Haruka and we don't get many outraged comments. Mitsuki kisses Shinji and she's a slut/whore/dirty scumbag. Riiight. That works.

Mitsuki wasn't naked when she kissed Shinji. If you want to get technical, Takayuki kissed Haruka while she was in bed as well...and it was consensual. Shinji was more taken by surprise than lust...as is shown by his expression. Shinji has done nothing wrong to hint that he's going to betray Takayuki's friendship, so why all the suspicion? I guess the director did a good job at that.

My heart went out to Haruka this episode though, since I can't even imagine what it would be like to hear what Akane said...especially the added 'it's your fault.'

I pretty much agree with GUTB though. :oints::
Old 2003-12-08, 04:31   Link #127
aSacredTear

A lil off topic now but Cd Japan now has Akane's portrait cd to come out on the 28th. No point intended, just mentioning it.
Old 2003-12-08, 04:40   Link #128
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSacredTear
A lil off topic now but Cd Japan now has Akane's portrait cd to come out on the 28th. No point intended, just mentioning it.
Yeah, and Ayu Daikuuji will receive her own CD as well (vol.4) . Slated for January release IIRC.
Old 2003-12-08, 04:41   Link #129
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Thought I'd go ahead and comment without getting into things too deep. :P Mitsuki is still my favorite character. It's actually really annoying me how some people are saying she's a slut and all that now.. I clearly see why she went and kissed Shinji. (Dunno if she had sex or not but I don't really care either way..) She was drunk and she was depressed. I don't blame her. Of course she'd end up doing something like that. She was in an "I don't care what happens to me" state of mine. She just really stopped caring and even stopped caring about herself which is why she said "It's fine." I think the main problem for all the characters in this series is communication. They seriously need to just sit down and talk or something! lol.
Old 2003-12-08, 04:44   Link #130
OkitaSoshiX

You know what I hate this Anime...Not really but I hate how it Drags me in too much and it also makes me mad cause at times it brings *cough* *cough* tears to my eyes.

Also is it just me or did Takayuki originally like Mitsuki. He only went out with Haruka in the first place because he didn't want to make her sad.

Further more Don't you wish they replaced Shinji with an American Exchange student. Dude that American kid would've Slapped that guy that was picking up Mitsuki up in a Bear Trap *KLOCK-KLOCK* and he's done for. That would've been so much cooler.
Old 2003-12-08, 04:54   Link #131
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkitaSoshiX
Also is it just me or did Takayuki originally like Mitsuki.
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-08, 05:17   Link #132
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkitaSoshiX
You know what I hate this Anime...Not really but I hate how it Drags me in too much and it also makes me mad cause at times it brings *cough* *cough* tears to my eyes.

Also is it just me or did Takayuki originally like Mitsuki. He only went out with Haruka in the first place because he didn't want to make her sad.

Further more Don't you wish they replaced Shinji with an American Exchange student. Dude that American kid would've Slapped that guy that was picking up Mitsuki up in a Bear Trap *KLOCK-KLOCK* and he's done for. That would've been so much cooler.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,...a white boy? hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahah......sure man......like he would of really had the balls.....Shinji did well, he is a good friend.....there is no need for a white boy......u want some one more agresive that would really beat the crap out of that dude...?...TAKAYUKI!!!! cuss he might be a stupid dummb ass......but in the game he kicked Shinji's ASS when he found out what had happend!!!!!
Old 2003-12-08, 05:25   Link #133
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

OK OK my turn...:

Mitsuki did all that shit.....cuss she was super fucking drunk.....plus hella depressed......shes in a point that she doest feel appreciated......or like no one cares if shes here.......hey at least some fool wanted to fuck her.....and she felt useful ( bad way to put it but still)...... my point is...... that right now she thinks as her self as NOTHING......fuck her man doesnt look at her.....doesnt eat her meals.......doesnt share the bed with her........wont cross words.....DAMM!!!

Its good Mitsuki did what she did with Shinji......cuss this will show Taka that
"You dont really appreciate what you have.......until you loose it!"
Yeah prob Shinji is better for Mitsuki, and if she does sleep with him......so what? Taka has been friking making out with Harua, with out EVEN thinking in Mitsuki and he was sobber!!!!! that bas tard.......

oh and Bakayuki said......... " ore ha mitsuki ga AI SHITERUYO"

just putting it how its actually written in romanji.....dont get it the wrong idea.
so if some one has something to burn me out.......go ahead.....i still SUPPORT MITSUKI..........i dont hate Haruka or Akane.......Heck i fucking hate to see any of these 3 babes suffer for that IDIOT......but lets face it.......any one in his situation would do kinda the same or maybe even WORST.......Shift sorry bro but this one goes for you.....your grabbing your balls a little too soon......if you where in Taka's situation......maybe you would not even be able to move your hand to get a hold of your balls dude........no offense........I still hate TAKA!!!!!! if he dies.......or something......I WILL be HAPPY......

OffTopic........GREEN-GREEN........I dont know a single person that liked Midori..dammit that girl would fucking annoy me!!!!!! i liked the other girl with the long purple hair.....what was her name?.....
Old 2003-12-08, 05:38   Link #134
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

man thers lots of ppl here right now.....but no one reply's? well you all must be reading ^_^
Old 2003-12-08, 05:46   Link #135
GUTB_

Japanese are supposed to be adverse to personal violence and big on keeping emotions politely in check -- but I guess fighting over women is universal No doubt about it, Shinji did the right thing -- sometimes you just have to throw down and start swinging. It happens to everyone. And if Mitsuki was my girl, and she was with me for the last 3 years after going through all that -- I would have went criminally insane on any guy that tried that. In fact, just thinking about it theoretically kind of gets me pissed off.

Anyway, Mitsuki is clearly the female lead. The reason is that she takes far more screentime and enjoys far more spotlight than all other female characters combined. And you what? Way back in the 1st episode when I didn't know ANYTHING about it or the game or the story and just thought I was in for yet another stupid teen harem romance, the very first thing to appear on screen was this chick in a bathing suit and even though I didn't know her name yet, I knew for a fact that this was The Girl. Frankly, the script is not in any way subtle about who are the leads and who are the bit players.
Old 2003-12-08, 06:50   Link #136
celephias
Inactive Member

Lessons learned from this well written series

I love this series. I don't hate any of the characters; I love them. It's normal human behavior in the midst of tragedy. Almost every anime I've seen so far has taught me something in life and this is no exception. I hope you don't look to the series as character based, but more towards the story that is trying to be told and hopefully, you can take something from it that you can use in real life. For me, it reminds me to be thankful for what I have and not ask for more then I need.

-Celephias

----------------

Favorite Anime/Manga series: Please Save My Earth.
Old 2003-12-08, 07:08   Link #137
DwArD
mAnIaC

I agree on the communication part. A little words of care wouldn't hurt much right?

And we can't blame Taka and Mitsuki for all these. I am a Mitsuki fan and seriously, she wasn't in the right mind at that time and somehow, that has something to do with Takayuki being indecisive. As for Shinji, lets hope nothing happed between Mitsuki and him or else I gonna hate that director fer life. First it was Mitsuki betraying Haruka, and if Shinji slept with Mitsuki, it will be Shinji betraying Takayuki or maybe even Mitsuki when she finally got over her depression. If Mitsuki really did those things before Taka even really confess to her, then she is beyond redemption and she may even hate herself for that.

Let's hope that Shinji is MENTALLY STRONG enough to resist Mitsuki
Old 2003-12-08, 07:46   Link #138
GUTB_

The point may be moot because going by her state she may be ready to pass out at any moment.

It could honestly go either way. If we see either one of them getting dressed or something else that clearly indicates that they did "it", than that's that. But something tells me the script is going to drag the unsubstantiated implication out long enough to make the issue negatively impact her relationship with Takayuki, probably at some critical turning point, thus leading into the desperate finale which will begin upon Haruka's re-awakening.

But at this point, I don't put it beyond the screenwriter to have the sex happen. If they do that, they better make up for it with one hell of a re-union scene at some future date. If Takayuki goes mental on Shinji (when he finds out), that'll work to re-establish the empathy I used to have for him. Yes, that would do, I think.
Old 2003-12-08, 07:47   Link #139
samieb0y
Inactive Member

watch...the series is gonna have an ending no one expected. Something completely crazy like...."The blonde girl at the coffee shop or diner or whatever is actually the Owner's daughter who's working there as a punishment. She puts in a few good words for Taka (reason for the office trying to hire him) and they get married and he takes over the company!!! or another psycho ending: taka is really from another planet and has to go back or something else stupid along those lines (i highly doubt the second ending i just came up with)...

my point is, it won't be something everyone expects, it's gonna be something that WASN'T in the game...i'm betting on that.
Old 2003-12-08, 08:12   Link #140
Key Board
Carbon

Hmm... I'd say there is a 60% chance that Shinji will take advantage of her.

Sorry.. I don't rate him that high.

But let's see...
Closed Thread