AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-12, 05:42   Link #1
flippedout6

has anyone did it yet ??

HAHAHAHAHAHA - im not reffering to something perverted

anyway i noticed a lot of people talking about the show and whatnots but what i really want to know is: has anyone out there cried when they saw this show ?

i really love this show - i mean at first glance i thought it was just another high school romance shows but by episode 2 or was it 3 it gave me a huge shock - they were such a cute couple and what happened was really sad - it made me think about the time i broke up with my gf and it made me cry sob*

the last time i cried for an anime show was every other episode in Kannon

so if there is someone out there that can relate please respond
Old 2003-12-12, 08:15   Link #2
Tboz

It's not a sin to cry when its sad, though I agree that some man see crying as a bad thing and that crying or showing their emotions openly is bad for their ego.

I think people who can't relate to the events in the show can be touched or dragged into the emotional struggle too. Its a prove of how successful this show is at making you feel for the characters.
Old 2003-12-12, 09:37   Link #3
The1Voices
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The1Voices
First of all it is a sin for a man to cry. i dont care if you chopped off your leg w/ a chainsaw, a man must never shed a tear. And if a man should commit the sin of estrogen, then it is his sworn duty to hike into the mountains and castrate himself. Followed by cover his body in salt then jump of a cliff onto jagged rocks below honorably ending his life. and if he should some how survive he must bite off his own tongue in order to regain his honor, and to remove the stigmatism of being called a cry baby fairy.
Old 2003-12-12, 09:41   Link #4
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

I haven't cried for like... perhaps 5 years...
so no, I won't cry for KGNE or anything for that matter..
Old 2003-12-12, 10:09   Link #5
corp20
Internet God

Hey I'm with you brother! I'm a guy and I couldn't help myself from crying even if I wanted to. I'm just glad nobody was around to see me though.
Oh the scene where she wakes up and Takayuki falls down crying... man that one really got me.
Old 2003-12-12, 11:23   Link #6
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1Voices
First of all it is a sin for a man to cry. i dont care if you chopped off your leg w/ a chainsaw, a man must never shed a tear. And if a man should commit the sin of estrogen, then it is his sworn duty to hike into the mountains and castrate himself. Followed by cover his body in salt then jump of a cliff onto jagged rocks below honorably ending his life. and if he should some how survive he must bite off his own tongue in order to regain his honor, and to remove the stigmatism of being called a cry baby fairy.

Doesn't that way of thinking contribute to males dying much faster than females? Like keeping all your emotions inside can shorten your life.
Old 2003-12-12, 11:54   Link #7
Mentar
Banned

I didn't cry yet, but I came close a few times

The1Voices: I can't help myself but believe you've got a serious problem *chuckle*
Old 2003-12-12, 12:02   Link #8
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Haven't cried yet for KimiNozo. I wept like a baby for Twin Spica ep 5 though.

Grifis
Old 2003-12-12, 12:05   Link #9
flippedout6

thanks corp20

i knew there were others as well - i think i got really sad at the end of episode 2 where they had that special ending with takayuki in the hosipital breaking down and crying - and the part when he saw blood and the ribbon all over the concrete

i dont really know - am i really emotional or are people too unfeeling ???
(no offense intended)
Old 2003-12-12, 12:50   Link #10
DwArD
mAnIaC

Weird....I almost cried whenever I think of the credits of the anime. With the song in the background, I can't help but wonder how nice it would have been if the anime jus continue on without the accident. U know....how happy everyone is when they r still in high-school...
Old 2003-12-12, 13:00   Link #11
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:

ROFL... that's an interesting point of view.

So I suppose that you'd wouldn't even cry if your family died right in front of your eyes then?

__________________________________________________ _______

Back to the point...

I don't think KGNE has made me hit the point of crying... but I do admit that the end of ep.2 made me feel like hell, and that I was depressed for a few days.

It's a wonder how we humans are the only species that actively inhibit our natural desires / feelings.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I'm guessing the latter....
Old 2003-12-12, 13:16   Link #12
Tboz

Quote:
Mad man... I rather cry than do all of the above.
Old 2003-12-12, 14:26   Link #13
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
ROFL... that's an interesting point of view.

So I suppose that you'd wouldn't even cry if your family died right in front of your eyes then?
how about kicking him in the nuts really hard
Old 2003-12-12, 16:52   Link #14
TheBlueOne
Da da da di da da da

Quote:
Gee, is your real name Kim du Toit? Lighten up a bit. While I do believe that expressing each and every emotion you feel is a weakness, isn't it better to strike a balance, and let yourself be emotionally moved sometimes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Weird....I almost cried whenever I think of the credits of the anime. With the song in the background...
Your not alone. I often get a bit teary eyed when I hear it. The effect is even greater when they end the show with that one piano solo theme that doesn't seem to cadence. (listen to the music at the end of Episode 3 right before hoshizora no waltz starts up, that's the one I'm talking about...)
Old 2003-12-12, 16:55   Link #15
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOcyOgl
how about kicking him in the nuts really hard
ouch....

that would hurt.

oh BTW The1Voices, my comment was NOT trying to mock you in any way, just that I found your post interesting.

(I didn't realize that my reply was sort of offensive until now... I apologize for that.)
Old 2003-12-12, 17:36   Link #16
wireless
Regular Lurker

I'll admit, the end theme for ep 3+ does it to me every time , while the song is supposed to be a happy one, it seems so much sadder because of the show. A beautiful and fun past that you wanted to last forever, but now its gone and it will never come back. Make's me wish i only saw ep 1

Well there you have it, I'm man enough to admit I have emotions that can't always be supressed.
Old 2003-12-12, 18:46   Link #17
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
U guys think the song on ep 3 is bad? well u guys gotta listen to the ending sonf for the kiminozo game, now that is fucking sad!!!!
More cuss i got the Ending where Mitsuki calls Haruka and she gets out of their way, ....
Old 2003-12-12, 18:58   Link #18
wireless
Regular Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
U guys think the song on ep 3 is bad? well u guys gotta listen to the ending sonf for the kiminozo game, now that is fucking sad!!!!
More cuss i got the Ending where Mitsuki calls Haruka and she gets out of their way, ....
if the ending theme music is always the same for the game, then yes i've heard it. very sad too. didnt get any tears out of me, something about the anime ending that gets me. you get a lot of feeling out of it.
Old 2003-12-12, 23:56   Link #19
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
I've cried in a lot of anime series.. ^^; But I have to say I haven't cried in this one. I don't think the emotions are strong enough to cry.. Because like Key Board said, the whole anime is very negative. There isn't any warmth to balance it.. There's a lot of angst.. But it's not sad enough to cry in my opinion..
Old 2003-12-13, 00:02   Link #20
outlaw55
Banned

There has really been nothing to cry about, for one all their problems are becase Mizuki and Takayuki were to chicken to admit to each other that they liked each other in the first place before Mizuki hooked Haruka up. Sure Haruka may feel a little hurt, but she is WAY too obsessed and if she can't make the move someone else will. This would have prevented all the long term heartache even after the accident with relationships nad all.
Closed Thread