AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 26 13.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 27.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 61 32.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 34 17.99%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 5.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.53%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-13, 12:40   Link #21
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

good episode judging from the raw, i ll rate it after i get the subbed ones.

Good point
- Tieria looks more like guy in his suit.
- No emo moment when they are out there capping people's ass.
- Love the grunt designs
- Sumeragi = hawt... curly brunette.. yummy even in a unflattering jump suit
- Union Flag looks good, great design and smooth animation during transformation from air to robot mode

Bad Point
- Even if it's super mech vs normal grunt... still too much of a pushover, atleast Exia took a arty shell from a grunt artillery unit
- Exia's sword cuts way too easily... looks unreal when it doesn't seem to have energy/vibro property
- They didnt put in the transformation sequence for Kyrios yet
Old 2007-10-13, 12:54   Link #22
TheArbitrator

Hey all, new to the forum but I've roamed for some time now and decided to finally join. Listening to what was posted about the Celestial Being's leader got me thinking:

Spoiler:
TheArbitrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 13:02   Link #23
JarOfMayo

lol
Spoiler for Gundam 00 in short:

That makes the whole series. serious.
JarOfMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 13:03   Link #24
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
- Exia's sword cuts way too easily... looks unreal when it doesn't seem to have energy/vibro property
Exia's physical swords are mentioned in the model kit to somehow make use of GN Particles to enhance them to the point where its actually superior to its beam sabers.
Old 2007-10-13, 13:15   Link #25
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Exia's physical swords are mentioned in the model kit to somehow make use of GN Particles to enhance them to the point where its actually superior to its beam sabers.
Ahh guess that explains why it cuts armor like butter. Feel free to correct me on the technical stuff since i m not a big fan of collecting models.

Next episode, Exia vs Union Flag and new grunt unit! Kudos to whoever was behind the mech designs, the variety of em is quite astounding for only 2 episode so far.
Old 2007-10-13, 13:18   Link #26
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Apparently the Tieren Long Range Shooting Type is the one with cannon as its head

And the Gundams are made with something called E Carbon
Old 2007-10-13, 13:27   Link #27
ashlay
the red string of fate

better episode. I feel like they could have thrown some of this stuff (namely a lot of the 1st half) into episode 1 though.

battles had some good animation, but honestly needed some more give and take (like Exia getting hit by the shell, Lockon having to do a bit of dodging vs. Setsuna's dodge while attacking) Virtue for example could have at least looked like getting hit was effecting it, even if only a little.

other than that, show's story is actually starting to interest me a bit. Setsuna's "I am the Gundam" line was quite off-kilter (sadly I didn't get to hear Mamoru Miyano break into psychotic laughter....maybe next time :\ ), and it's also somewhat interesting to see all the gundam pilots other than Lockon seeming slightly 'damaged' so far (though who knows until they get to the backstory stuff in the 20-40s area) also glad to see we're not going into the SEED's "don't kill" stuff.

previews made it look like they're actually going to have some worthy opponents next week. hopefully the fights will be interesting, but I'm somewhat skeptical, especially after the massacre they did on the HLF and local units this week.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 13:37   Link #28
neoeagle

Definitely 9/10.
00 looks promising, no WTF owned grunts, they actually fight.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 13:39   Link #29
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
whats the last line of graham at the end ?
i couldnt hear it clearly
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 13:47   Link #30
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

I think as time goes on and the three factions become more experienced, they will find out Gundam's weaknesses and develop new tactics to neutralize Celestial Being's current advantage.

What I also liked about this episode is that we also get a glimpse into what Haro is capable of:

At one point before his attack, Lockon delegates evasive manuevers to Haro, which makes good sense since he has to focus on sniping his targets. In theory, it should also work the other way, but then Lockon wouldn't be as fun a character because he'd be guilty of using an aimbot
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 13:52   Link #31
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
He says something like: "I'm the man whose heart is stolen by your existence!"

Old 2007-10-13, 13:52   Link #32
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
"グラハム・エーカー.  きみの存在に心を奪われるた男だ!" I think?

which is along the lines of "(I'm) Graham Acre, a man fascinated by your existance!"

I dunno, sounds about right.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 14:18   Link #33
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArbitrator View Post
Hey all, new to the forum but I've roamed for some time now and decided to finally join. Listening to what was posted about the Celestial Being's leader got me thinking:

Spoiler:
Well, here's Mr. Aeolia Schenberg's English bio from the episode:

Quote:
Material that can get to know him is only a thesis of the engineering theory and the physical theory that he left now.
The one to be paid attention especially especially is a basic theory of the photovoltaic generation system by the orbit elevator w...
To our regret, it was not possible to achieve by technology at that time, and social attention was thin.
He is advocating the concept of the person type machine that does construction and the defense work of the orbit elevator at t...
So you might be right indeed. Judging from this, he seems to have created the theory GN Particles technology and might have even advocated using mobile suits? I guess he got fed up with everything and started the whole Celestial Being plot to be carried out years after his death.

Strangely though, it also says they didn't know what year he died (though there seems to be a conflict of info on that screen with 2015 and 2051 as dates of birth for him... The former is probably a typo based on his Japanese bio though)...

BTW, love how they still use Windows XP with custom skin so far in the future.
Old 2007-10-13, 14:31   Link #34
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Another solid episode. It' s nice to see the world is changing because of the appearance of Celestial Being. Union is the most interesting of all 3 power. They seems quite self righteous by justifying their invasion on other land as means to protect their people and economy

The Gundam Meisters begin their first intervention this episode. We see the Gundams and their dominating power. Setsuna's character is more fleshed out. Normally he's calm, but when triggered by certain thing such as war, he kinda goes berserk. Gundam Exia looks really evil when he slashes and dices all the Tierens. Lockon is like a brother to Setsuna as he keeps him in check. Allelujah is probably the kindest of the group and feels guilty of bombing the people. Nothing more about Tieria though, maybe except he is quite devoted to Celestial Being's idea.

I like that Setsuna doesn't let his rage consumes him. Despite his anger, he doesn't deal final blow to the last 2 Tierens collapsed on the ground. And he destroys the 2 Amphs which try to kill them. I guess this is why Lockon is relieved since Setsuna still remembers their mission, which is not a massacre.

Graham is really an interesting character. And I wonder how his interest on the Gundam Exia will affect the story

Looking forward to the next episode!!! Let's hope Flag won't get owned too badly
Old 2007-10-13, 16:15   Link #35
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
BTW, love how they still use Windows XP with custom skin so far in the future.
I guess they still haven't made the switch to Vista. XD

Last edited by Ori; 2007-10-13 at 16:31.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 16:23   Link #36
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
I guess they still haven't made the switch the Vista. XD
That's probably the most intelligent thing they did.
Old 2007-10-13, 16:30   Link #37
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

that haro, is annoying..
And looks like Virtue's got invincibility afterall lol

Last edited by Kazamachi Shogen; 2007-10-13 at 16:44.
Kazamachi Shogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 16:56   Link #38
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Ooooh, really good reviews...Getting the ep now, however my awesome review won't come until tommorrow...I guess the question I hope to be answered is if the production quality dips any..usually that can happen after a first ep...
Old 2007-10-13, 17:15   Link #39
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Ooooh, really good reviews...Getting the ep now, however my awesome review won't come until tommorrow...I guess the question I hope to be answered is if the production quality dips any..usually that can happen after a first ep...
Well if I remember correctly, Gundam shows usually have a higher budget to work with compared to most shows from Sunrise, however knowing that the show is going to be split into two season, Seiji should have greater flexibility on the budget for this season, so hopefully the quality is very consistent with the first two episodes...and yeah I notice no drop in animation quality.
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 17:17   Link #40
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Another great episode for this week and with that I highly doubt the animation quality will drop with the exception of a few repeated scenes XD.

Spoiler for Technology:

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote