AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-08-19, 16:53   Link #421
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

PS - I forget which concert it is, but for one of the credits, there's a slow, orchestral version of Eternal Blaze. Pretty sure it's either Live Fighter Red or Blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
In any case, I think I might want to do my own translations of the game's story modes here, thanks to Bananoha for giving me the necessary text data I need. Though one thing has gotten in the way for now. Who to do next? I'm trying to decide a storyline to go after.
I'm interested in either Zafira or Reinforce as well, but I guess Zafira would be a better warm-up?

.... Does no one really want to tackle Hayate's route due to kansai-ben? Maybe I can get my Hayate loving friend to take a look into it.... by the end of the year, lol.

*waves at aers*

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 17:54   Link #422
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
PS - I forget which concert it is, but for one of the credits, there's a slow, orchestral version of Eternal Blaze. Pretty sure it's either Live Fighter Red or Blue.I'm interested in either Zafira or Reinforce as well, but I guess Zafira would be a better warm-up?

.... Does no one really want to tackle Hayate's route due to kansai-ben? Maybe I can get my Hayate loving friend to take a look into it.... by the end of the year, lol.

*waves at aers*
Hmmm...the last Ace huh? That's another one...

Which one now...Reinforce, Hayate-chan or Zafira...
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 20:47   Link #423
aers
*Fansubber

WIP WIP WIP?

Lots of love to the people who made the Chinese translation patch for letting us use all their tools. Now to find a way to make it let us use more space.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 22:03   Link #424
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

So I'm guessing that once the translations are done, the patch is going to use those translations.

Hayate-chan - problem: Kansai-ben
Zafira and Reinforce - problem: ocassional usage of Archaec Japanese

Problem 2: WHO TO CHOOSE?!
Old 2010-08-19, 22:23   Link #425
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Reinforce please ;_;
Old 2010-08-20, 04:40   Link #426
Fluegel

Quote:
Ah yeah that's right, I'll probably use Alto from Macross Frontier or Sousuke from Full Metal Panic alot in the game if I could.

Though one thought came to mind is a what if situation of various magical girls going through the same thing and Nanoha, Fate, Hayate-chan, etc got caught up in it and what would happen. ^^;

For me I'm was going to start off with Geass, but now I'm stuck between it and OGs.
Also if you havn't seen it, Bonta-Kun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCDkjZT726c

Quote:
PS - I forget which concert it is, but for one of the credits, there's a slow, orchestral version of Eternal Blaze. Pretty sure it's either Live Fighter Red or Blue.
Don't suppose you'd happen to have that on you, would you? >.>;

As to me being stuck on choosing between Zafira and Rein from last night. After listening to the tracks I want to use in ACE R, specifically "m0031_Ab", I'd definitely vote for Zafira. I really want to know what happened in the conversations between him and Dark Vita that practically had her breaking into tears. That scene kinda got to me....;_; (goes back to cutting onions)
Fluegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 08:03   Link #427
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

It seems that I'm getting my A.C.E.-R in faster than expected, seemed my shipper was in California....weird luck that...so most likely I get it before wednesday or tuesday.

Let's see we got one vote for each character possibilities for story translation...but which one...ugh...Hayate-chan or Reinforce or Zafira...
Old 2010-08-20, 12:55   Link #428
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluegel View Post
Don't suppose you'd happen to have that on you, would you? >.>;
I'll re-rip it now that I sort of know how to do so. Just ripping my BD right now to get decent quality instead of torrenting stuff. Alas, it'll finish ripping when I'm at work.
Quote:
As to me being stuck on choosing between Zafira and Rein from last night. After listening to the tracks I want to use in ACE R, specifically "m0031_Ab", I'd definitely vote for Zafira. I really want to know what happened in the conversations between him and Dark Vita that practically had her breaking into tears. That scene kinda got to me....;_; (goes back to cutting onions)
Spoiler for MACHINE TRANSLATIONS:
Woo, ~15 minutes.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-08-20, 14:31   Link #429
Fluegel

Whoa, awesome! Thanks a lot!

....Now I'm depressed at Vita. =/
Old 2010-08-31, 13:15   Link #430
Fluegel

If anyone wanted the LE it's 40 off at Play asia for the next 2 days.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bl-70-3pfq.html
Old 2010-09-02, 03:24   Link #431
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Well, glad to see translations are still on-going. I'm really interested in the story, and I would like to see all of it. Hopefully it keeps going forward. I'd like to play the game too, but I'm poor and such. Good luck with translating.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 00:05   Link #432
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Does anyone have the untranslated scripts? And can I have a copy?
Old 2010-09-08, 00:39   Link #433
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Translations of each character's story title (aside Nanoha & Fate):

Hayate - Bonds
Signum - Oath of Raging Fire
Vita - Promise
Zafira - Those Which Should Be Protected
Shamal - Wind of Healing
Reinforce - Wind of Blessing
Chrono - Facing Towards the Dawn

Definitely not 100% certain on Signum's and Zafira's. The others were fairly straight forward.
Old 2010-10-17, 18:09   Link #434
Material Starlight

After a week of this game I realize that it is not made for multiplayer.

I mean, the Player vs. CPU is ok, but Player vs. Player is just torture.

The main problem is that characters such as Reinforce are just so cheap, you can basically run away and beam your opponent to death.

Also, are the translations canceled? Beacuse the single pleyer story was the best part...
Material Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 22:47   Link #435
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Okay...this was taking too long but after dealing with mostly college and stuff. I've started the translation for the next route which is...

Hayate-chan's route. Even though Kansai-ben is too annoying to deal with!

Anyway, for the time being. Here's the prologue of Hayate-chan's route. Mind, it has a few places where I know for a fact that I probably did not translate right at all. It was guess work on some of those places where there are errors and mistranslations. Though I'm fairly confident that I got most of it right...

well here it is...

Hayate’s Route

Prologue (Since it's only Hayate-chan speaking, I don't really need to post names for each line yet.)

はやて - Hayate
夜天の魔導書。わたし、八神はやてが物心ついた時から、ずっとそばにいてくれた、一冊の本。
The Magic Tome of the Night Sky. Every since I, Hayate Yagami can remember, this one book has always been with me.

その本にはずっと昔から、綺麗な融合騎と、4人の守護騎士が住んでいました。
This book from long ago, has always been a beautiful unison knight, together with four guardian knights

主とともに過ごす守護騎士。主とひとつになって戦う融合騎。
Guardian knights for the sake of their Master. Together become as one in battle with their Master

その事について『いろいろあった』事件も終わって、今はひとまず、平和な毎日。
A lot has happened since the [incident], which is over now, now everyday is peaceful.

ずっと一緒やったのに、ずっと会えへんかった わたしの融合騎、リインフォースも、助ける事ができた。
Always with me, always there for me, I was able to help my unison knight Reinforce

家族がやっと全員揃って 今はほんまに、幸せです。
Now the family is finally together, and is now finally truly happy.

そうそう…魔法の練習も、ちゃんとしてます
Oh yeah…I have been properly doing magic practice.

シャマルやリインフォース、なのはちゃん、フェイトちゃんに、毎日教えてもらってます
Shamal and Reinforce, Nanoha-chan, Fate-chan have been teaching me every day.

『最後の夜天の主』が、魔法の初心者のまんま、ゆーんも、どうかと思うし……
The last Mistress of the Night Sky is pretty much an okay beginner at magic, I think……

これからは私がもっともっと、家族を守っていかなあかんのです
From now on, even more so, I want to protect my family.

年明けには、なのはちゃんと練習試合の 約束もしてたりして
At the beginning of the year, I promised with Nanoha-chan to have a proper practice match.

ええ試合にできるよう、がんばらな!
I have to train properly, so gotta do my best!

Any correction suggestions are greatly appreciated. But I gotta say this. "Kansai-ben I do not like!!!!!!"
Old 2010-11-27, 00:11   Link #436
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Always with me, always there for me, I was able to help my unison knight Reinforce
RELAYING FROM A FRIEND:

In kansaiben へん replaces ない basically 1-for-1. 会えへん = 会えない, therefore 会えへんかった = 会えなかった. In other words the first part of this is like "Though we've always been together, we've never been able to meet".

And now my turn since I'm tired of looking at this NanoFate doujin for today.

はやて - Hayate
夜天の魔導書。わたし、八神はやてが物心ついた時から、ずっとそばにいてくれた、一冊の本。
The Magic Tome of the Night Sky. Every since I, Hayate Yagami can remember, this one book has always been with me.
The Magic Tome of the Night Sky. Ever since I, Hayate Yagami, can remember, this one book has always been with me.
Alternatively, you could use dashes if all the commas make your head spin.
The Magic Tome of the Night Sky. Ever since I — Hayate Yagami — can remember, this one book has always been with me.

その本にはずっと昔から、綺麗な融合騎と、4人の守護騎士が住んでいました。
This book from long ago, has always been a beautiful unison knight, together with four guardian knights
Together with her four guardian knights, this book from long ago has always been a beautiful unison knight.

主とともに過ごす守護騎士。主とひとつになって戦う融合騎。
The Guardian knights for the sake of their Master. Together become as one in battle with their Master.
The Guardian Knights support their Master. Together

その事について『いろいろあった』事件も終わって、今はひとまず、平和な毎日。
A lot has happened since the [incident], which is over now, now everyday is peaceful.
Everyday is peaceful now that the "incident" is over.

Though we've always been together, never being able to meet, I was able to help my unison knight, Reinforce.

家族がやっと全員揃って 今はほんまに、幸せです。
Now the family is finally together, and is now finally truly happy.
Now the family is finally together and truly happy.

そうそう…魔法の練習も、ちゃんとしてます
Oh yeah... I have been properly doing magic practice.

シャマルやリインフォース、なのはちゃん、フェイトちゃんに、毎日教えてもらってます
Shamal and Reinforce, Nanoha-chan, Fate-chan have been teaching me every day.
Shamal, Reinforce, Nanoha-chan and Fate-chan have been teaching me every day.

『最後の夜天の主』が、魔法の初心者のまんま、ゆーんも、どうかと思うし……
The last Mistress of the Night Sky is pretty much an okay beginner at magic, I think……
The "last Mistress of the Night Sky" is pretty much an okay beginner at magic, I think......

これからは私がもっともっと、家族を守っていかなあかんのです
From now on, even more so, I want to protect my family.
From now on, I want to protect my family even more.

年明けには、なのはちゃんと練習試合の 約束もしてたりして
At the beginning of the year, I promised with Nanoha-chan to have a proper practice match.
At the beginning of the year, I promised Nanoha-chan to have a proper practice match.

ええ試合にできるよう、がんばらな!
I have to train properly, so gotta do my best!

PS - Did we ever figure out which name order to use consistently? Yagami Hayate vs Hayate Yagami.
PPS - I think Guardian Knights sounds more like a title, which would mean capitalized, but then Unison Knight....
PPPS - Oh, did we decide on Mistress instead of Master of the Night Sky.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-11-27, 00:12   Link #437
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
*snipped*
Its great that you've continue translating again. Many thanks

you too Bananoha
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 00:25   Link #438
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I likewise extend my thanks.
Old 2010-11-27, 00:29   Link #439
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

@Bananoha:
1. I'm going for the First name, Last name part just to simplify English.
2. I probably got too used to seeing that capitalized before. Unison Knight part I'm not sure, I thought that might fit for translation sake, I don't know what yuugoki is exactly in English...
3. Mistress is probably considered my personal preference when refering to Hayate-chan. Though whenever Reinforce and the others usually address her as 'Master' So it's a preference on both. Mistress of the Night Sky for her official title. Master for whenever one of the others address her like that.

Also thanks for the help...Honestly this is my first attempt at translating anything Japanese on my own. And I had to choose Hayate-chan's route as my first one. I must be insane doing this ^^; Anyway I'm in the process of working out Hayate-chan's first stage at the moment. It's a bit simple yet complicated...how the heck was Password-san able to do this?

Kansai-ben....ugh...-shudders- I'm gonna have nightmares now...I can only half understand Hayate-chan whenever she speaks.

Oh also, forgive my grammer and whatnot. I'm trying to make Hayate-chan especially sound a bit different from the others who are using their different dialects. Trying to make her sound unique-ish in English terms...

@ZeroIchiNi: No prob...I always wanted to exactly know what they were saying myself even though I had a vague idea at the time when I beat each route. Anyway once this one is over. I'm going to do either Reinforce or Signum...ah...can't pick...-sighs-

--------------------------
PS: I'll probably copy and paste the suggestions after I finish the route and post a finalized version of the route translation here.
Old 2010-11-27, 01:20   Link #440
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Apologizes for double posting.

Here's Hayate-chan's 1st stage and 2nd Stage (fairly rough translations, again confident, but I know there are errors with this.) Also, I'm gonna change my prologue where I referred to Reinforce as a Unison Knight...oddly, I found a more accurate translation. Yuugoki is technically from what I found, Unison Device. My mistake on that part. So hopefully this will explain Hayate's 2nd Stage a bit more. >< I'll do corrections with the final drafts once this route is over.

Edit: Stage EX 1 is now up. Rough translation as usual.

Spoiler for Hayate's Route Stage 1 Translation:

Spoiler for Hayate's Route Stage 2 Translation:

Spoiler for Hayate's Route Stage EX 1 Translation:

Again correction suggestions and whatnot are really appreciated. This is seemingly easy and fast at the pace I'm going but I'm trying to double and triple check the translation so they are mostly correct for you guys. Also I will note like before about areas I do know where I'm making mistakes and will need some assistance with. Thanks again for those who are helping me with this.

Last edited by Hayate22; 2010-11-28 at 05:05. Reason: Added Stage 2 and Stage EX 1 Translations and other edits