AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-31, 06:19   Link #921
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Characters from that alternate universe, where they find this VVVII
Maybe that mysterious female's voice in season 2 is her? These 2 are probably candidate for VVV2&7 or is VVV2 twin seated?
Old 2013-08-31, 07:04   Link #922
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Maybe that mysterious female's voice in season 2 is her? These 2 are probably candidate for VVV2&7 or is VVV2 twin seated?
I absolutely love the design of these two characters, but the one that really catch my eye is Nao! She's really reminiscient of Maria from Symphogear G because of her sexy curly pink hair and the way she dresses with her uniform + white thighhighs are royalty to me. I also cannot wait to see what she's probably the potential pilot of VVV VII, but I'll leave mysterious things to herself for now. Too bad she's only be on the side story novel until further notice.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-08-31, 09:25   Link #923
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Not caring for the humans, I'm more interested in where VVV2 gets the rest of its body from.
Old 2013-08-31, 09:48   Link #924
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Wink

Does it say Valvrave the Liberator Under Taker? She shares the same aura as Saki's . . . Too stunning and pretty. . . But the bangs and her two short tied tails remind me of Shoko, and the guy looks badass. I'll just leave my speculations behind and savour every inch of excitement until S2 starts.

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-08-31 at 10:39.
Old 2013-08-31, 10:08   Link #925
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
Does it say Valvrave the Liberator Under Taker? She shares the same aura as Saki's . . . Too stunning and pretty, and the guy looks badass. I'll just leave my speculations behind and savour every inch of excitement until S2 starts.
The upcoming Valvrave Under Taker is more like a side story novel set in the alternate universe from what I heard somewhere and it will begin serializing on Dengeki Hobby starting from November issue. I still don't know whether the new characters will appear in season two or not, but the chances of it happening are too thin.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-08-31, 10:34   Link #926
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Thank you for the info
Old 2013-08-31, 11:03   Link #927
vanca

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I usually don't care much for L-Elf X Shoko, but it is still better than having Shoko pairing with Akira (just for yuri purposes) or with the villain. I hope L-Elf will get the heart of gold since Shoko is the brightness that shines the series, because without her, I don't know what it is. I would have preferred her to ship with Haruto, but still.
I don't ship any pair in VVV, not yet. But if I must pick one now then I'm going with Lelf x Shoko. I enjoy their interactions so far. Thanks to Shoko I get to know some different sides, behaviors, and expressions to L-elf, make him more human in my eyes. Their exchanges are interesting, subtle, sometimes randomly sprinkled here and there, unexpected but memorable and entertaining.

Whether I'll ship them or not depends on how the development of their relationship go in 2nd cour. They can be greatest pair in VVV, if done right.

Quote:
The upcoming Valvrave Under Taker is more like a side story novel set in the alternate universe from what I heard somewhere and it will begin serializing on Dengeki Hobby starting from November issue. I still don't know whether the new characters will appear in season two or not, but the chances of it happening are too thin.
If it's set in alternate universe then the chance is really slim, that's why it called "alternate". Even side stories set in the same universe are very rarely included in actual anime.

Also IMO there have been many characters in VVV anime already, many of them haven't properly developed or even showed up. Not to mention multiple plot threads. I'm not sure it's necessary to add new characters and plot so late in the remaining 12 eps.

Last edited by vanca; 2013-08-31 at 11:47.
Old 2013-08-31, 12:46   Link #928
iCK

Theory about Saki:

Saki was suppose to be the red VVV pilot.
Evidence?
She was suppose to have swimming practice at the time during the invasion of the first episode.
Imagine Saki being in the pool when the red VVV rose up.
She would have thought it was her chance to rise up back to fame.
It also goes with her manga on how the dad sold her to the VVV project.

The theory of her having the VVV symbol like Cain does is that she and the other pilots joined the Magius after Haruto and Co. creates their own empire and overthrows Dorrsia and Arus.

Haruto even expresses his ideals during the first episode.

He said that he would rather split everything in half than own everything to avoid conflict. But it obviously changes as the series progresses since he is ruling a 200+year old Empire.

As of the kid showed in ep 12, like many people it is probably a mixture of Harutox Saki's kids with L-ElfxShoko's kids. But something that throws me off is that when Saki was talking to the child, she never said Uncle or Grandpa to the child when talking about the "first founder", which makes me think that he is not actually a mix.
Old 2013-08-31, 23:20   Link #929
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Here's some weird info also supposedly from the fan book, something about cups and the creators hate the letter E.

リオン G (Nanami)
タカヒ F (Takahi)
クリムヒルト F (Kriemhild)
サキ D (Saki)
ショーコ C (Shoko)
リーゼロッテ B (Lieselotte)
アイナ B (Aina)
アキラ A (Akira)
マリエ AA (Marie)

/a/ might be playing a joke so take with some salt, but not too much, that can kill! No idea why Marie gets compared to a battery.
Old 2013-09-01, 01:17   Link #930
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Nao and Jin look great. I'm sorry they're not going to be in the second season.

Quote:
I usually don't care much for L-Elf X Shoko, but it is still better than having Shoko pairing with Akira (just for yuri purposes)
Well, Akira and Shoko have more than just the power of yuri that could make them a good pairing. They're friends, and they're helping each other's character development. Shoko from having to gain a bit of nuance about how to deal with other people, and Akira from Shoko's encouragement. There's at least something to work with there. Although as of yet there's not really much of a sign that they're likely to be anything more than friends, and I don't expect that to change.

Quote:
but I don't want any yuri between her and any girl, since to my own view, yuri should only be in shows with an all-girls cast with a few exceptions
That seems an awfully limited view. Why shouldn't there be gay or lesbian characters outside one-gender casts? (Assuming the same goes for guys.) It's not as if they're going to get some sort of icky gay cooties over mixed gender couples.
Old 2013-09-01, 05:02   Link #931
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
That seems an awfully limited view. Why shouldn't there be gay or lesbian characters outside one-gender casts? (Assuming the same goes for guys.) It's not as if they're going to get some sort of icky gay cooties over mixed gender couples.
I don't mind gay characters in mixed-gender cases, it's just that I'm not used to such subtexts besides comic relief antics like girls wanting breast envy so they just grope big breasts of one of the female characters (which happen once in this series) but I recently learned of mutual feelings between real gay characters recently.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-09-01, 18:09   Link #932
Destined_Fate

There's an Alternate Timeline now? What have I been missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiyuki View Post
Simple translation:

Q: So what about L-Elf? Is he interested in Shoko?

A: Shoko would be great. She is always out of L-Elf's expectation.
If L-Elf has to fall in love, Shoko should be the best candidate.
Besides, he has always recognized Shoko's actions.
So glad that they're recognizing how powerful the chemistry is between L-Elf and Shoko, that it's up for consideration, and that they think it would be great with Shoko being the best candidate. Far better than them shooting it down as it means we can hope!

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2013-09-01 at 18:33.
Old 2013-09-01, 19:48   Link #933
Key Board
Carbon

http://i.imgur.com/CG0TdEcl.jpg

the unit 2 spinoff side story is supposedly an alternate universe

personally, it I'd say it almost has to be

main characters are Sakimori HS student
main mech is Valvrave unit II (the one Cain took)
in this story it still has all its limbs

Sakimori HS is only 3 years old according to Shoko, so if this was a prequel it would take place within that timeline.

But could they really keep something like this under cover for 3 years? hmm..
Well sillier retcons have happened in Sunrise anime. ::cough::Gundam0083::cough::

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-09-01, 20:55   Link #934
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Theory about Saki:

Saki was suppose to be the red VVV pilot.
Evidence?
She was suppose to have swimming practice at the time during the invasion of the first episode.
Imagine Saki being in the pool when the red VVV rose up.
She would have thought it was her chance to rise up back to fame.
It also goes with her manga on how the dad sold her to the VVV project.

The theory of her having the VVV symbol like Cain does is that she and the other pilots joined the Magius after Haruto and Co. creates their own empire and overthrows Dorrsia and Arus.

Haruto even expresses his ideals during the first episode.

He said that he would rather split everything in half than own everything to avoid conflict. But it obviously changes as the series progresses since he is ruling a 200+year old Empire.

As of the kid showed in ep 12, like many people it is probably a mixture of Harutox Saki's kids with L-ElfxShoko's kids. But something that throws me off is that when Saki was talking to the child, she never said Uncle or Grandpa to the child when talking about the "first founder", which makes me think that he is not actually a mix.
Genetic manipulation ?
Old 2013-09-01, 21:42   Link #935
Key Board
Carbon

I'm sure Saki was never intended to be the Red Valvrave pilot
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-09-02, 18:24   Link #936
Kurohane

This a commercial that was uploaded on youtube in August for the second season. No new scenes, but it plays the second season 1st ending theme I believe.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-09-03, 12:54   Link #937
delulytric

Anyone has this speculation where the Valvraves are actually owned by Magius itself? I rewatched the anime and spotted several things that may potentially link Valvrave to Magius.

For example, during episode 1-2 of anime, when Haruto possesses L-elf, the hemoglobin in Haruto/L-elf's bloodstream turned from human to Magius. Also, during episode 12, Cain seem to know so much things about all the Valvraves, like he was able to let Prue to command the severely-damaged VVV-II. I guess because he's a member of Magius, he knows such stuffs.
Old 2013-09-03, 13:17   Link #938
Destined_Fate

I figured he is a member or s an enemy of them considering he has super human powers and vast knowledge of the projects. That AI also seemed to know and hate him.
Old 2013-09-03, 14:45   Link #939
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Valvrave is probably a product of the Magius's Civilization and JIOR discover the leftover of the Magius's Civilization and using the info that was founded to built the Valvrave.

Or

Valvrave was created in order to create more Magius, someone find a way to immortality and want to spread the "curse" through Valvrave. A conspiracy probably against human maybe? Or just want to created more of his/her kind?
Old 2013-09-05, 22:34   Link #940
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Valvrave is probably a product of the Magius's Civilization and JIOR discover the leftover of the Magius's Civilization and using the info that was founded to built the Valvrave.

Or

Valvrave was created in order to create more Magius, someone find a way to immortality and want to spread the "curse" through Valvrave. A conspiracy probably against human maybe? Or just want to created more of his/her kind?
The teacher who is a scientist/soldier said something about harutos dad selling his. Soul/resigning as a human for the 1st valvrave in like ep 3/4/5 i think its 5
Closed Thread