AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-03, 12:41   Link #81
GDB

I'd say go VN first, since like Klash said, VNs get dull without any surprises in store. I felt that way with Fate/Stay Night, having watched the anime first the Fate route was mind numbingly boring due to already knowing 95% of what was going to happen, whereas both the other two routes cemented it as one of my favorite series.
Old 2014-01-03, 13:38   Link #82
Magicflier

This is kind of late to bring up, but I remember someone from this thread asking if the true ending to LB was the real world, or some other dream world; The answer is to listen to Little Busters Drama CD: Bokura no Asa. There are confirmations in it that they really are in the real world. :3
Old 2014-01-04, 00:12   Link #83
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicflier View Post

Think of it this way:
Would you prefer reading an expansion of information first, then watch the anime which has many stuff removed, but get to see the characters animated now? or watch the anime first, and read the 'expansion of information' after watching the anime?

I would prefer watching the horrible anime first, then read the visual novel b/c it can continue to give you more info. If you play the visual novel first, you might end up disliking the anime at some point. So I recommend you anime first, then visual novel after. :3
Thanks for the post . You both have some good points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ The opposite is also possible:
If you watch the anime first, the sense of surprise and tension are effectively dampened since you know what's going on from the get go.

A Visual Novel has a major issue: depending of the reader, if you lose that tension/expectation, it becomes way duller to read. So it is really dependant of how the reader is affected by spoilers in general. If they don't stand them, they better read the VN first then watch the anime.

I personally wouldn't be interested in a VN that I already know what's going on. It also removes all impact from twists that specifically use VN mechanics and flaws for the narration.
I think i am going to go with Visual novel . Thx for the post. Especially since it's first i have seen a Key related anime to get such a low rating on anidb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'd say go VN first, since like Klash said, VNs get dull without any surprises in store. I felt that way with Fate/Stay Night, having watched the anime first the Fate route was mind numbingly boring due to already knowing 95% of what was going to happen, whereas both the other two routes cemented it as one of my favorite series.
Thx for the input . Good points.
Old 2014-01-04, 03:55   Link #84
Magicflier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ The opposite is also possible:
If you watch the anime first, the sense of surprise and tension are effectively dampened since you know what's going on from the get go.

A Visual Novel has a major issue: depending of the reader, if you lose that tension/expectation, it becomes way duller to read. So it is really dependant of how the reader is affected by spoilers in general. If they don't stand them, they better read the VN first then watch the anime.

I personally wouldn't be interested in a VN that I already know what's going on. It also removes all impact from twists that specifically use VN mechanics and flaws for the narration.
I came to a realization after reading your post though, I didn't think of how it would impact a person's experience. Guess I'm an abnormal for usually watching an adaption first before actually reading the original source material. XD
Old 2014-01-06, 21:35   Link #85
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

I'd say definitely go VN first. I can't say why though, for spoiler reasons.

If you get bored going through the heroine's routes, I would say it's permissible to skip all the routes besides Komari's and Rin's. No matter what, you should read those. You really should try to read the other girls' routes, but if it's really a big problem, you can skip them.
Old 2014-01-31, 15:29   Link #86
ginger02

I still have trouble understanding the show. Like, is a magic show, or are all the effects just that, special effects?
I never could quite understand what was going on which ruined some of the enjoyment, but I never watched the first season.
Old 2014-01-31, 21:27   Link #87
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
I still have trouble understanding the show. Like, is a magic show, or are all the effects just that, special effects?
I never could quite understand what was going on which ruined some of the enjoyment, but I never watched the first season.
If you didn't watch the first season that is why nothing makes sense. That is pretty obvious when watching a series with two seasons. Go watch it.
Old 2014-02-08, 01:28   Link #88
Korrections

Will there be a Season 3 of Little Busters?
Old 2014-02-08, 18:58   Link #89
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrections View Post
Will there be a Season 3 of Little Busters?
Well we will put it this way

Little Busters was the original game. Little Busters EX is the additional content with 3 new routes. Kud Wafter is a spin off series about Kud and Riki's romance. We have no idea if that will be animated. It is not considered a season 3. There would be no reason for a season 3, so no there will be no season 3. The closest we may get is a bonus OVA again.

Last edited by Leo_Otaku; 2014-02-13 at 20:24.
Old 2014-02-11, 19:41   Link #90
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

IIRC JC Staff said something along the lines of wanting to animate everything concerning Little Busters!, including Kud Wafter.
Old 2014-02-11, 20:41   Link #91
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Kud Wafter wouldn't be called a Season 3 though. It's more of a "possibly" canonical spin-off.
Old 2014-02-11, 21:12   Link #92
AP24

Given how the main anime storyline ended, Kud Wafter would have more of a "what if" setting since the timeline in Kud Wafter doesn't fit with Little Busters!. The producer only said wanting to adapt Kud Wafter too but hasn't said it will get an adaptation.
Old 2014-02-17, 10:01   Link #93
maximilianjenus
[E]

considering how refrain and ex got adapted, expecting a third season for kud wafter is being overly optimistic.
Old 2014-05-30, 23:05   Link #94
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Finished Refrain and the EX Ovas shortly ago (now waiting for EX Ep 5, of course). And i have a question.

It is better explained in the VN about the incident that made Rin timid and untrusty of adults? In the last episodes of Refrain we just got a brief glimpse and little to no explanation about it. It's unlikely thyat i'll be able to play any of the VN's soon so i'll be grateful for any contribution, thanks xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2014-06-09, 13:42   Link #95
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Finished Refrain and the EX Ovas shortly ago (now waiting for EX Ep 5, of course). And i have a question.

It is better explained in the VN about the incident that made Rin timid and untrusty of adults? In the last episodes of Refrain we just got a brief glimpse and little to no explanation about it. It's unlikely thyat i'll be able to play any of the VN's soon so i'll be grateful for any contribution, thanks xD
No they never did explain. Some speculate kidnapping or bullying.
Old 2014-06-09, 13:53   Link #96
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Some people are also naturally paranoid or uncomfortable with strangers no matter how nice you are with them.
It isn't like Rin shows deep trauma whatsoever.
Old 2014-06-09, 23:20   Link #97
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
No they never did explain. Some speculate kidnapping or bullying.
Thanks. From the last episodes of Refrain what little i got to catch it seemed as if she was misblamed or discriminated for some reason i remeber adult shadows surrounding little Rin and telling her stuff like "it's your fault" or something.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a