AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-10-21, 15:13   Link #401
Child_of_Sierra

Not really familiar with directors/companies and their works but are the staff of this new series known for making special endings or openings for particular episodes (school rumble season 1 comes to mind) ?

Am already impressed with the current opening but it would be quite nice to see a different version (animation-wise either to the same song or something completely different) on how they portray Negi and Co.

I liked the bleach concept of having different characters in the ending so I want to know if the producers have done something similar to their other works. Also the Baka Rangers segment is just begging for its own special Opening/Ending just for the spoof factor
Child_of_Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 19:56   Link #402
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Have a looksee at Pani Poni Dash and Tsukuyomi Moon Phase and report back
Old 2006-10-22, 11:12   Link #403
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It looks a bit like the old designs but it is small enough to be ambiguous. I just flipped through the manga series books...not spotting it. Which volume is it from? Browsing around to see if I can spot any obviously new design Kotaro pics....
Chapter 72 (the first chapter of volume 9)
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 15:14   Link #404
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah thanks.... well darn.

Well.. their inclusion of him in the advertising bits still should give Kotaro fans some hope ... particularly since he is involved in so much of the latter part of the manga series.
Old 2006-10-23, 00:53   Link #405
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
I liked the bleach concept of having different characters in the ending so I want to know if the producers have done something similar to their other works. Also the Baka Rangers segment is just begging for its own special Opening/Ending just for the spoof factor
In Pani Poni Dash! they would flip over cards (I think they were tarot cards, but I'm too tired to look it up) that had artwork of the various characters done by different manga artists (different manga artists each episode, I believe) - but not really like Bleach (I'm assuming you're referring to the second endings, where they concentrated on a few characters each ending).
Old 2006-10-23, 02:04   Link #406
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the library island arc was my favorite of the original series
but they dont have to redo it, it was good enough last time.
he will probably be in latter episodes.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 13:45   Link #407
raideralan

I was wondering which fansub is better? Avatus & SHS or Mahora?
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 15:28   Link #408
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I haven't seen Avatus & SHS, but I'm kinda disappointed with Mahora. They quit translating the blackboard after, like, a minute into the first episode and failed to explain a lot of language and cultural jokes (raise your hand if you know why Asuna has a green onion in the first episode).
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 15:31   Link #409
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by raideralan View Post
I was wondering which fansub is better? Avatus & SHS or Mahora?
Unfortunately, the answer is --- it depends on how you like your translation, which fonts are more readable for you, whether you like color tagged fonts ...... do you care about fancy karaoke OP/ED work.

I'd say download a selected episode from all 3 and decide. Mahora readily admits its their first time out but they care about the material so I'm going with them for now. Myself, as long as the font is readable for people with astigmatism and the translation is fairly literal I'm fine. Some fansubbers like to "localize" their translations (using American slang which portray the intent better, for example) so YMMV.

(raises his hand about the onion gag)
Old 2006-10-25, 15:44   Link #410
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I'd expect you'd get the onion gag
My point is that most people probably don't. Maybe I'm just spoiled off of Oyasumi's unbelievably l33t release of Pani Poni Dash! explaining literally every language and urally-based joke on screen. That stuff is really valuable to Japanese learners (like me).
I understand that it's their first time and all (no kanji for the OP/ED ), but all the references were sauced in the 'Otaku Quotient' thread by eggplant, so maybe we'll see a second release with all that added in :nudge-nudge:.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 16:36   Link #411
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye and there was a lot of black screen text at the front that had no translation at all.... I figure I'm buying this puppy when it R1's at this point anyway so I'm more ambivalent about the fansubs --- they served their purpose for me (checking out which anime I want to eventually buy).

I haven't seen any of the other group's work ... if I happen to have some spare bandwidth I'll take a look.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-10-25 at 17:04.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 23:52   Link #412
ChronoReverse

I only wish Avatus/SHS chose a better font for the spoken subs. They did go ahead and translate the blackboards.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 10:34   Link #413
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I'm a big fan of the mangas and I don't mind if the anime is different, but the first attempt MSN was horrible. I've watch the first 3 episodes of Negima?! and I got to say I'm blown away. I love the style and the art work in it and I can't wait for more.

If compared to TMP, so far there has been the female vampire, washing tins falling on people's heads and all that is needed now for completion is ..... neko mimi!!!! (and don't say there is no place for them as there is if you follow the manga )
Old 2006-10-26, 12:20   Link #414
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
If compared to TMP, so far there has been the female vampire, washing tins falling on people's heads and all that is needed now for completion is ..... neko mimi!!!! (and don't say there is no place for them as there is if you follow the manga )
Given how I have a tendency to fantasize Negi's manga Ministra Magi with cat ears and tail (as a bonus for making a Pactio with Negi), I would like to see that as well.
Old 2006-10-26, 21:35   Link #415
raideralan

It seems Megami fansubs release episode 1 in mp4 format. I wonder is the group good?
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 01:21   Link #416
ChronoReverse

Some things are better but they didn't translate the boards at all. Looks like Ava&SHS may be the group to go with...
Old 2006-10-27, 02:03   Link #417
Skane
Anime Snark

Well, the video quality Megami is using is the best one out of the lot. I will probably go with Megami, since I value video quality higher than blackboard trivia.
Old 2006-10-27, 03:08   Link #418
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Mahora gives more flare to their phrasing than Ava IMO. Hard to tell because of order effect though.
Old 2006-10-27, 09:30   Link #419
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well, the video quality Megami is using is the best one out of the lot. I will probably go with Megami, since I value video quality higher than blackboard trivia.
I'd say that the difference is pretty marginal to the eye side-by-side.

MP4V... isn't that just normal mpeg4-asp? It does stand for mp4 video, so I suppose it could be h.264. The use of AAC for sound gave more bits to the video portion but only about 5mb, the visual quality won't be that much higher. Not that this really matters, for some reason it wasn't visually significantly better.
Old 2006-10-27, 10:06   Link #420
Skane
Anime Snark

Eh? It is noticeable. Megami's version is the first one out of the three to remove the graininess from the video. I suppose this is because they are using a different set of RAWs for their encoding. The contrast in colours is also more vivid in Megami's version.

Cheers.