AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-28, 08:37   Link #61
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
Was this the same anime? It's like they have completely different teams for odd and even episodes

Not that I complain, ep.4 was great (despite a couple of lame moments), and Masamune was
In the original mobile game, each character is created by a different character designer (like in Queen's Blade) so you are right !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 14:42   Link #62
00Coyote

There was one important line that was missing from episode 4.

"What we got here is ... failure to communicate."
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 17:22   Link #63
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
In the original mobile game, each character is created by a different character designer (like in Queen's Blade) so you are right !
I guessed that much, but usually in anime either the character (re-)designer or the chief animation director usually are charged with enforcing a consistent style.
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 12:53   Link #64
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This show is my biggest surprise of the season. I had no intention of watching it, but saw one episode and was hooked. A simple premise, but they are building an entertaining show around it, in my opinion. Gotou Keiji strikes again. I'm enjoying this more than anything he has done since Uta~Kata, in 2004. I'm not enjoying it anywhere near as much as that show, but it's a step in the right direction.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 13:01   Link #65
Midonin
Last Engage

emotO Sengoku 05 - Samurai for Murder 3: The Remurdering

I've never actually seen Bokuden in any warring states-based anime before this one. This interpretation of her was pretty cute, but the format of the episode was the most intriguing part. A documentary and some behind the scenes footage, all showing how this weird time warp deal has affected our world. It was a surprisingly thoughtful look at how such an event would have an impact. The segment with the talking sword was a little weird (at least have it sing), but overall, it was a nice episode, if a little jarring when put up against last week. It appears there are other girls who fell into our world, not just those in the opening.

This show is moving in some interesting directions. I guess the writers were given free rein on this project, because it's been a grab bag of ideas, though not to its detriment. For next week, I have seen Gennai before. But he was a he then, and also the love interest of a magical girl. Anime can be weird like that.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 13:21   Link #66
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Finished watching episode 5 :
Spoiler for Episode 5:
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-03, 19:24   Link #67
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

That was a very different way of doing ep, but it turned out well in the end.
Old 2012-05-03, 19:46   Link #68
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Yay, finally watched the second episode. Go me.

First episode wasn't bad, but kind of bland, so I wasn't too motivated to watch the second episode.

Second episode was... to put it bluntly, boring as hell. A story about a little kid wanting to become an idol. Extremely lame and generic run-of-the-mill idol story.

Wait, let me check. Did I accidentally watch Precure or some other series targeted at six-year-old girls? ... No. Says "Sengoku Collection" right there. It's still like "My little Pony", just without the ponies.

Hmm... guess I'll watch the third episode just out of a morbid curiosity about how bad it can still get.

Last year's Sengoku Otome was nice. Not exactly stellar, but still nice. The idea of putting the Sengoku girls into present day Japan certainly isn't bad, but what they made of it... especially the second episode can only be flushed down the toilet.

It's also embarassing if the director tries to make a series about Sengoku girls, but himself has no clue about the Songoku time, obvious at various times - e.g. signatures are a western custom, unknown back then. If Ieyasu had actually been from the Sengoku time, she would've used her inkan (name stamp) instead.
Old 2012-05-03, 19:53   Link #69
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
It's still like "My little Pony"
If that was intended as an insult, it backfired. On the internet, comparing something to MLP can be seen as praise these days.
Old 2012-05-04, 03:51   Link #70
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

@ Shimapan : Having a "female character's story of the week" is the main nature of Sengoku Collection, but the show itself will contain 26 episodes. The first half will introduce every single Sengoku females by explaining their stories, while the second half will focuse on a plot that can't be explained for the moment : to find the legendary six treasures in a Sengoku setting.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-10, 12:57   Link #71
Midonin
Last Engage

emotO Sengoku - Mystery Science Theater 1500

Today's entry in the genre lottery is a science fiction story. Gennai's invention exchange at the start of the episode was a nice bit of prop comedy (it can work. It just takes some skill.), with the rest being dedicated to helping her assistant. According to the credits, much like Nobunaga's temporary retainer, he was known as only as "Boy". The DeLorean-like interface on the swan boat time machine is the second BttF reference that's come up this week, and it's hard to tell which one is more direct. Her use of the time machine was selfless, but it's looking like Gennai would have better luck if she equipped that thing with a Mr. Fusion.

Still, liking the approach this show is taking. It's the first real anthology show we've had in a while. Ever since Masamune, Nobunaga hasn't appeared. There's a lot more glowy orbs for her to collect that are going unnoticed.

Next week: From the science department to the liberal arts department.
Old 2012-05-10, 13:27   Link #72
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Finished watching episode 6 :
Spoiler for Episode 6:
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-10, 18:00   Link #73
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Glad Gennai went back to save him. Though don't they have 2 Gennais now?
Old 2012-05-10, 23:20   Link #74
gaiar31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Glad Gennai went back to save him. Though don't they have 2 Gennais now?

I want to ask this thing too !

ิำbecause future gennai her car is broke.
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 04:48   Link #75
Kitsu Breaker

Lol, this have a Michael Moore parody!
Anyway, how many episodes this going to have? Only 12? Loot to few

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 07:03   Link #76
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker View Post
Lol, this have a Michael Moore parody!
Anyway, how many episodes this going to have? Only 12? Loot to few
The show is actually announced to have 26 episodes, so don't worry. The first half focuses on the characters while the second half will focus on a hidden storyline (to find the six treasures) where all the girls go back to Sengoku.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-11, 07:06   Link #77
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.6 great scott marty indeed time travel quick back to the future.

another intro ep give we meet inventor female i'm punch clock could be helpful.

inventor female want travel to future got soccer boy pal then his leg got hurt travel to past it's works make sure soccer boy is safe & play.

yet was worth it (give time paradox don't remind of mirai nikki effect).

next ep another intro ep on poet.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 18:48   Link #78
ujiuji

After last week's episode which I found dull, seen that plot a few too many times before, this one was quite charming. Okay, nothing much really happened and the message about appreciating your current environment and the people in it is not new, but it still left a smile one my face. It's not a bad message after all.

Still hoping the supporting cast doesn't get dumped in the second half of the series.
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 20:59   Link #79
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Ok, episode 4 of this thing:

Gangster story with lots of plot holes you could fly a Boeing 747 through, with ample space on both sides.

Dimwitted girl works for the first guy she meets, who just screams "Yakuza" with every pore of his body. Girl is surprised she's ransacked by the police for this. After being bored from digging holes and filling them up again, she breaks out. Piece of cake, since the prison has no security measures whatsoever - she just breaks a simple glass window and walks away. No search warrant for her either, so she walks around in broad daylight in her funny outfit that makes her stick out like a sore thumb. She obviously has a magic crystal ball that tells her the locations of all gang members, so she quickly does them in one after the other. It also tells her the secret hideout of the Yakuza boss. Like the prison, the Yakuza boss has no security measures whatsoever, so she walks right in on him without encountering anyone or anything. Dimwitted as she is, she talks and talks, so the Yakuza boss walks around, gets his pistol and shoots at her. She should've been dead now, because firearms were still totally unknown in the time she supposedly comes from, but she deflects the bullets as if she does it every day of the week, and then does him in as well.

The director of this tripe really is a complete and utter moron.

Recap:

01: Pretty uninspired beginning. Poorly executed.

02: Infant programming that makes Teletubbies look intelligent by comparison. Deadly boring.

03: Not too bad, actually. Slightly yuri-ish model story, but still quite bland overall.

Overall, the stories are completely random and don't have anything to do with each other, except that Nobunaga appears in the last minute of each episode and takes their soul gems. (Ep. 4 girl doesn't want though, so she simply walks away again. The crystals don't seem to be that important, after all.)

Of all the shoddy anime that are poorly executed, have a lame and uninspiring story etc., this one does take the cake *by far*.
I therefore nominate this series as "King of Disgrace" XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The show is actually announced to have 26 episodes, so don't worry. The first half focuses on the characters while the second half will focus on a hidden storyline (to find the six treasures) where all the girls go back to Sengoku.
So this tripe is really going to be two cour? Seriously!?
Old 2012-05-12, 02:24   Link #80
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

@Shimapan : It's confirmed to have 26 episodes and will have two arcs (character presentation arc and story arc)
MyAnimeList

Tags
adventure, fantasy, historical, shounen