AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 26 26.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 43.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 18.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.06%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-29, 19:31   Link #41
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
BTW, am I the only one who enjoys the fashion in this series? Each of the girls' fashion suits their characters. Kagami is always well dressed. One would imagine she pours through fashion magazines and always buys what's in-style at the moment. Tsukasa dresses much more casual and wears "cute" things suited to girls her age, or maybe even younger. Just the opposite is Miyuki, who is very lady-like in her appearance always in long skirts and long sleeves. Least fashionalbe, unsurprisingly, is Kona, who dresses like a tomboy, and is mostly seen in t-shirts and shorts.
Well, yeah, it's nice, but I think Ichigo Mashimaro beats every anime in terms of different informal (and pretty original) dressing styles. Especially the manga. That's why it doesn't surprise me anymore . It'd have to be really good to beat IM at that

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-04-29, 20:04   Link #42
aorta

Spoiler for another reference:
Old 2007-04-29, 20:07   Link #43
Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Mikuru Moe Overload

Send a message via MSN to Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Hmm, the announcement on KyoAni's site is still up. It's already 10am in Japan and I'm pretty sure someone would have noticed by now. Either it really is true or the vandals locked KyoAni out of their server.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 2007-04-29, 20:10   Link #44
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

LS has a great "wardrobe designer", even though the overall design of the shows seems minimalistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Random thought:

Hirano Aya's mimicry of Nohara Shinosuke's voice is superb. GJ!
Since I have only watched Shin-chan in spanish dub, I had to search for this:

Crayon Shin-chan

Aya got him just right .
Old 2007-04-29, 20:32   Link #45
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

For an uptight person, just how does Kagamin knows about To Heart ?
Old 2007-04-29, 20:33   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In the manga, they go through a lot of clothing and fashion outside of school. Kudos to the animators for reflecting that...
Old 2007-04-29, 20:33   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
For an uptight person, just how does Kagamin knows about To Heart ?
Konata told her? :3
Old 2007-04-29, 20:37   Link #48
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurogane_Shiroikaze View Post
Hmm, the announcement on KyoAni's site is still up. It's already 10am in Japan and I'm pretty sure someone would have noticed by now. Either it really is true or the vandals locked KyoAni out of their server. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Since it's ten a.m., I'm coming to the conclusion it's for real. Although my Google calendar says it's a holiday in Japan, so maybe not.

I've just skimmed 2channel, and people are wondering if he mismanaged the budget or the schedule. There is a note on the KyoAni website issuing a call for background artists around the beginning of April. Maybe that's for LS? I think the director is as much an administrator as anything, since he oversees all the staff, but they do the work. Although he did do the storyboard and epsiode direction for this episode. Haven't noticed for the others.

Someone said he offended Square Enix, thought I'm not sure how. By some reference to one of their titles? People who like the show say it doesn't matter who the director is as long as they keep the same atmosphere. One person said it would be a shame if he and KyoAni split, since he was responsible for ep00 and the ED of SHnY. As you say, we'll have to wait and see.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-04-29, 20:38   Link #49
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by krln99 View Post
The next ep looks really good, especially for those critics who say they "don't do anything" in this series, cuz they're going to a summer festival.

What I don't get is that we assume Konata and the Hiiragi sisters have been friends since at least 1st year of HS, yet they were surprised when Kona told them her mom died when she was little. I think somewhere in the first year that would be revealed in some way.

I hope Kona drags her friends to the Comike or the Comp Matsuri. Those would definitely provide for some great laughs.

BTW, am I the only one who enjoys the fashion in this series? Each of the girls' fashion suits their characters. Kagami is always well dressed. One would imagine she pours through fashion magazines and always buys what's in-style at the moment. Tsukasa dresses much more casual and wears "cute" things suited to girls her age, or maybe even younger. Just the opposite is Miyuki, who is very lady-like in her appearance always in long skirts and long sleeves. Least fashionalbe, unsurprisingly, is Kona, who dresses like a tomboy, and is mostly seen in t-shirts and shorts.
What The?! They do ton's of things in this show. Who says that?!

Maybe the problem is that its everyday life stuff that the girls (Yeah...GIRLS! Funny that I don't remember seeing a single male until like episode 3 and even then none of them have any lines) poke fun at. I guess if the sun were to explode that would count as something happening, but clearly highlighting what it's like to ride a crowded train in the middle of summer is not "Doing Something". Hmmmm.....

@Kaoru Chuujo: The Square-Enix claim would refer to the Dragon Quest V joke, but they censored the spell names out. Maybe it had something to do with them clearly stating the name Bianca, which if I recall wasn't censored. Though if companies are becoming that anal about their products in Japan now the future of anime is bleak. The bleeping trend is getting ridiculous. I can clearly remember a time, it was barely even a year ago, where you didn't even have to do that. I think the first case of it happening was in Haruhi where she commanded them to launch the Gundam. In fact the referencing in Pani Poni Dash was far more blatant than in this show (They outright copied the eyecatch from SPT Layzner, which is a Sunrise series, making it a huge risk). Maybe it's saying the name that is somehow dangerous now.
Old 2007-04-29, 20:42   Link #50
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Since it's ten a.m., I'm coming to the conclusion it's for real. Although my Google calendar says it's a holiday in Japan, so maybe not.
If I'm not mistaken, it's Golden Week in Japan starting today. But the truth will be out next week nevethless, we will find out soon enough.
Old 2007-04-29, 20:48   Link #51
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Since I have only watched Shin-chan in spanish dub, I had to search for this:
OMFG! Curse the local Anime channel for only broadcasting dubs... If it wasn't like that, I'd have caught the reference >.<

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-04-29, 21:05   Link #52
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Spoiler for Episode 4 Ending song by Kagami:

Kagami watches a show about a schoolgirl that hefts a machine-gun (yes, that part of the song caught me by surprise)?

Old 2007-04-29, 21:24   Link #53
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Golden Week is a bit weird this year (split into two long weekends rather than one week). So I have no idea how that'll affect the tv schedule.

I do know the shops I deal with haven't sent out their usual "we'll be closed this week" messages.
Old 2007-04-29, 21:30   Link #54
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
@Kaoru Chuujo: The Square-Enix claim would refer to the Dragon Quest V joke, but they censored the spell names out. Maybe it had something to do with them clearly stating the name Bianca, which if I recall wasn't censored.
Well, I think it could be easily explained... Spells in DQ are unique to the franchise, so it is likely to have been copyrighted. But Bianca, as uncommon a name as it might be, is still not a unique name. Thus there would not be any way to copyright it.
Old 2007-04-29, 21:35   Link #55
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Hm... found the TV series Kagami is more likely to watch, since this one is circa 2006.
Spoiler:

Not exactly what I'd expect Kagami to watch
Old 2007-04-29, 21:59   Link #56
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Hm... found the TV series Kagami is more likely to watch, since this one is circa 2006.
Spoiler:

Not exactly what I'd expect Kagami to watch
Maybe Konata was hinting at something when she called Kagami a "psycho" in Ep03? You know... after bearing too much pressure and suffering too much stress from her daily life, Kagami goes bonkers and starts going on a killing spree. Cases of "model students" going stark raving mad are not unheard of, after all.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-29, 22:22   Link #57
bayoab

This episode is reference hell. There was just one reference after another. (DBZ, Keroro, and it goes on and on and on...)

Quote:
I'll accept your correction from the GL thread) and a staffer had posted insults on a supposedly private site about kimo-ota on 2channel not knowing anything about animation but thinking they were smarter than anyone else, and about 2channel being the "anus of the Internet." 2channel posters on their GL thread are triumphant.
It wasn't a private site. It was on mixi which is the japanese equivalent of livejournal except requires a login.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurogane_Shiroikaze View Post
Hmm, the announcement on KyoAni's site is still up. It's already 10am in Japan and I'm pretty sure someone would have noticed by now. Either it really is true or the vandals locked KyoAni out of their server.
Errr... maybe it's not a hack? The hack theory was the least plausible of any of them. The timing is completely wrong for a hack. It's possibly an official joke at Gainax and the whole incident Kaoru mentioned earlier.

Last edited by bayoab; 2007-04-29 at 22:35.
Old 2007-04-29, 23:01   Link #58
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
...It wasn't a private site. It was on mixi which is the japanese equivalent of livejournal except requires a login...Errr... maybe it's not a hack? The hack theory was the least plausible of any of them. The timing is completely wrong for a hack. It's possibly an official joke at Gainax and the whole incident Kaoru mentioned earlier.
Thanks for the correction about mixi. I guess they thought it was private.

Yeah, my hack idea is clutching at straws, all right. Although I'm not sure why the timing is wrong.

The joke at Gainax is one of the theories current on 2channel, although some people there say it would more destroy KyoAni's credibility than anything else.

One thing about it, it's sure beefing up the number of posts in the LC thread on 2channel. They've burned through over 3000 posts in 12 hours, I believe. A smaller percentage about the actual episode there than here.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-04-29, 23:04   Link #59
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
This episode is reference hell. There was just one reference after another. (DBZ, Keroro, and it goes on and on and on...)

It wasn't a private site. It was on mixi which is the japanese equivalent of livejournal except requires a login.

Errr... maybe it's not a hack? The hack theory was the least plausible of any of them. The timing is completely wrong for a hack. It's possibly an official joke at Gainax and the whole incident Kaoru mentioned earlier.
If that's their idea of a joke it shows an unprecedented lack of class and respect for other studios. Studios should be respectful to one another in times of hardship, not making light of other people's misfortune. Akai is a very accomplished man and it's a shame things have turned out this way, so it would be nothing short of disgusting for another studio to poke fun at his unfortunate circumstances.

Seriously, though I'd wait and see. The only way this works out good for Kyoto Animation is if it is indeed a hacker causing trouble on their website. From there its a spectrum of increasingly worse scenarios going first to it being real and Kyoto Animation struggling with the series and embarassing their director, to them making up some cock and bull story to stir up discussion about their least well-received series to date, and then to it possibly being an extremely unfunny and completely uncalled for insult slung at Gainax and Akai.

In the last case, an official apology is the only thing that would ever restore Kyoto Animation's reputation to even half of what it is now.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-29 at 23:32.
Old 2007-04-29, 23:06   Link #60
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
The joke at Gainax is one of the theories current on 2channel, although some people there say it would more destroy KyoAni's credibility than anything else.
I sincerely hope not. I wasn't fond of this "director-change" fiasco, more so with the "not yet ready" demeaning comment, but if it's solely to make a joke at the Gainax affair, it's really a little too much even for a joke. Sure, Gainax has it's share of self-blame for shooting out towards their own market audience, but considering what came about from the Gainax controversy, really...it shouldn't be mentioned again, much less made a joke off. Kyoto Animation must be really insensitive if they did that.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Closed Thread