AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-08-20, 10:44   Link #941
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Until Nanoha finds her via Wide Area Search and snipes her.

Considering their skills and backgrounds and how they know each other so well, any StrikerS era battle between Nanoha and Fate would end in a stalemate.
Old 2009-08-20, 10:50   Link #942
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That, and the cover works both ways.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 11:02   Link #943
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Leaning toward this because of this.
Yeah, Word of Signum is pretty much as good as gold here (especially since of all four of them, she's the most likely to provide precise and accurate information). All else being equal, a coin flip's as likely as not to determine a winner, while particular conditions/environment (and motivating factors/emotional condition, if they were fighting each other "for real" instead of in an exhibition match) would shift the odds towards those favored for such conditions. The point is that unlike Hayate, who has godlike power levels but little practical magical combat skill, Nanoha, Fate, Vita, and Signum have roughly equal power levels and intensive combat training.

(You know--that reference of Signum's in that chapter makes me wonder if the After Days chapter with that fight was supposed to be a flashback to the fight Signum's talking about and the author just pulled a continuity goof by using Nanoha and Fate's Force hairstyles, putting the Numbers in the stands, etc. I guess that means that Signum got her rematch after all...)
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 06:17   Link #944
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That, and the cover works both ways.
Fate: Thanks to my Cloudbringer special rule, I've got a 4+ cover save and I rolled a 5!

Nanoha: But now you have a 4+ cover save against me too!

Fate: Then I discharge the clouds for a S8 AP- Large Blast on my shooting phase!

Nanoha: I have Toughness 5. Roll for wounds... Nope, didn't wound. Sorry.

Fate: Nuu. D= We'll settle this in Assault phase!

...sorry, I had to do it.
Old 2009-08-21, 20:48   Link #945
synx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password View Post
Sonic Drive Fate vs Blaster Mode Nanoha, I'd agree that Nanoha wins. For all of Fate's speed, she completely stops when her opponent blocks or parries her attack. That leaves her wide-open for a close-up bind, and that's pretty much game since "all it'll need is one glancing blow to kill her".

However, StrikerS Fate in general (i.e. not restricted to Sonic Drive alone)? I'd say the match up becomes a lot more interesting since she has quite a few options now. For example, while Signum could only grin and bear Blaster Mode Nanoha's attack after she got caught in a close-up bind, Fate can Barrier Jacket purge into Sonic Drive in an instant to escape. Whether she does it while Nanoha's busy charging up to attack her, or at a moment before Nanoha's attack reaches her to make it seem like she got hit, that lets her ambush Nanoha for a solid blow or even something similar to the end of their match in Season 1 Episode 5, only with Riot Blades instead of Scythe Mode.

Not to mention the simple fact that she could actually take a few hits while in Impulse Form <<

Ah, and I found what I was looking for with regards to Blaster Mode. Quattro called it an experimental booster during the episode 25 of StrikerS, and Sound Stage 3 had Nanoha mentioning how Raising Heart was still making final adjustments to Blaster Mode. So yeah, seems like something the tech team added on Raising Heart for Nanoha to use (which makes sense since levels 2 and above has Raising Heart releasing Blaster Bits)
Or they absolutely had to make Nanoha into a copy of the Nu Gundam.
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 01:11   Link #946
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Nanoha vs Fate was probably the most epic conflict I've seen in anime. I don't really know why, but it almost feels like a clash of ideology and a clash of emotion. Can't wait to see what they do with this!.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 16:07   Link #947
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Nanoha vs Fate was probably the most epic conflict I've seen in anime. I don't really know why, but it almost feels like a clash of ideology and a clash of emotion. Can't wait to see what they do with this!.
I'm sure It's bound to blow my mind...for good this time.
Old 2009-09-20, 20:30   Link #948
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Fate should've won that time.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 22:45   Link #949
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
TEOTWAWKI* man! TEOTWAWKI!!!
Old 2009-09-21, 23:00   Link #950
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Fate should've won that time.
That probably wouldn't have been a good thing for Fate, if you think about it.
Old 2009-09-23, 20:31   Link #951
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
TEOTWAWKI* man! TEOTWAWKI!!!
I, for one, welcome our new mage overlords.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-09-23, 20:37   Link #952
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
That probably wouldn't have been a good thing for Fate, if you think about it.
Would've been a very, very bad thing for Fate, if you think about it.
Old 2009-09-24, 12:18   Link #953
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Yeah, Word of Signum is pretty much as good as gold here (especially since of all four of them, she's the most likely to provide precise and accurate information). All else being equal, a coin flip's as likely as not to determine a winner, while particular conditions/environment (and motivating factors/emotional condition, if they were fighting each other "for real" instead of in an exhibition match) would shift the odds towards those favored for such conditions. The point is that unlike Hayate, who has godlike power levels but little practical magical combat skill, Nanoha, Fate, Vita, and Signum have roughly equal power levels and intensive combat training.

(You know--that reference of Signum's in that chapter makes me wonder if the After Days chapter with that fight was supposed to be a flashback to the fight Signum's talking about and the author just pulled a continuity goof by using Nanoha and Fate's Force hairstyles, putting the Numbers in the stands, etc. I guess that means that Signum got her rematch after all...)
Pretty sure they're separate fights. Note how Signum says that the flashback fight turned into a brawl, while in the special they specifically have Fate on hand to prevent such an occurrence.

I've always wondered what Signum meant by 'at this level' in that sentence, though.
Old 2009-09-24, 12:48   Link #954
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Perhaps she said something closer to "In that way, [...]"
prescience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 13:02   Link #955
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Pretty sure they're separate fights. Note how Signum says that the flashback fight turned into a brawl, while in the special they specifically have Fate on hand to prevent such an occurrence.

I've always wondered what Signum meant by 'at this level' in that sentence, though.
At this level...

It's a level that fighters get to when it gets to the point that it's obvious that normal moves, attacks and strengths aren't going to win the fight and it would go forever. At that point, both combatants realize what's going to happen, and start pulling out all the stops, pushing themselves to their limits and beyond.

In short, when fighters get to that point, only one person is going to walk out of the fight, the other one is going to end up badly hurt.

Effectively, Signum and Nanoha got to that point when they used their strongest attacks against each other (that Fate would let them go). Nearly anyone else would be crushed against that level.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 22:15   Link #956
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Would've been a very, very bad thing for Fate, if you think about it.
Yep. If Precia had accomplished whatever she was trying to do, she would have had no use for Fate anymore and promptly either dispose of Fate or use her as bait to stall the TSAB.

Or she would have been captured, and break down like she did when Precia said she didn't give a damn about her. It's possible she may have never recovered and remained catatonic forever.

In any case, Fate had devoted her life to Precia, and that was a dead end with no future. Only through Nanoha's encouragement (ahem, firepower) could she look past it and live for herself. There was a lot more to that fight than 2 little girls blasting each other, and why I think it's one of the best fights in anime. It's not just about "I am stronger than you and I want to win more!" like you see in so many anime, but a struggle of everything they know about.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-09-24, 23:10   Link #957
GlancingReverse

You know, I would have paid a lot more attention to the Nanoha and Fate fights if I wasn't already trying to look for as many Nanoha/Fate hints as I could. Rewatching that, though, I do agree that the fight was more than just, *shoot, shoot, shoot*, to put it one way.

You know, if they make Fate win this time and have Precia abandon Fate, that would be a plot twist none of us expect. Maybe that's why they're stressing that it won't replace Season 1 so much.
GlancingReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 23:36   Link #958
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlancingReverse View Post
You know, if they make Fate win this time and have Precia abandon Fate, that would be a plot twist none of us expect. Maybe that's why they're stressing that it won't replace Season 1 so much.
I'd expect Precia to abandon Fate, just because Precia only sees Fate as a tool to get back her dead daughter. But seeing how Fate could deal with it would be different, but possibly interesting.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-09-24, 23:59   Link #959
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Too much sad Fate makes me sad.

Nanoha should win the first fight,(so Fate can be done with that horrible mother) and then they have a re-match where Fate wins and carries Nanoha from the ocean like what happened in the novels. I think that's what happened, if I recall correctly..

Like so:

Though I think I remember hearing the movie is supposed to end the same way as the first season. So the story can't sway too far from the first season, if It's expected to end the same way.
Old 2009-09-25, 01:32   Link #960
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
At this level...

It's a level that fighters get to when it gets to the point that it's obvious that normal moves, attacks and strengths aren't going to win the fight and it would go forever. At that point, both combatants realize what's going to happen, and start pulling out all the stops, pushing themselves to their limits and beyond.

In short, when fighters get to that point, only one person is going to walk out of the fight, the other one is going to end up badly hurt.

Effectively, Signum and Nanoha got to that point when they used their strongest attacks against each other (that Fate would let them go). Nearly anyone else would be crushed against that level.
I always took it more as a qualifier, like she's talking about when they're all under limiters or just the general restrictions imposed by friendly sparring and competition vs a real battle. They're not enemies so of course they've never fought their hardest against each other, and I doubt even Signum can be so sure of what would happen in such a case.

No real way to know though. It's a very ambiguous phrase, at least in English.

Tags
movie