AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-02-03, 04:08   Link #4421
siGil

hey all. just found this section... recently watched SAO, then read it up to volume 4...

have to say i'm in love with the universe, feels like home to me... (i used to MMO a bit when i was younger)

will finish rest of the volumes then join in the discussions, but... so envious of kirito, truly.

ciao!
siGil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 23:17   Link #4422
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Spoiler for Accel World Connection:
....What a long spoiler which has nothing to do with SAO, except for the name and that people speculate based on it.

I'm not saying that couldn't be the case, but it's about as conclusive as a black-colored character using attack names the same as Kirito's. Or something.

Basically the same could be said about RAVE and Fairy Tail. (Pretty sure they're not connected, btw. Just that the author reuses names and character designs).

Last edited by Rasen; 2014-02-04 at 23:29.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 07:19   Link #4423
c933103
FTNR

Volume 14 Alicization Uniting, confirmed to be release at April 10.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 08:41   Link #4424
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Let's hope that we don't run out of words to add '-ing' with for the rest of the Alicization titles.
And from that title, I'm guessing that we'll still get the events of the web version albeit a little different. That they'll
Spoiler:
How exactly, I have no idea.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 05:54   Link #4425
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Spoiler for Accel World Connection:
I never thought of that.

I always thought it would be a copy of Kirito's Fluctlight or maybe even <<Heathcliff>>.
Old 2014-02-07, 13:30   Link #4426
c933103
FTNR

Info provided to the back of AW 16, inwhich the right hand side part would be SAO14 preview.
http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up284752.jpg

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2014-02-10 at 00:21. Reason: Use the images tag
Old 2014-02-07, 23:49   Link #4427
siGil

this arc wont end till vol 16? man that's massively long...
Old 2014-02-08, 00:34   Link #4428
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by siGil View Post
16? That's funny.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 01:48   Link #4429
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by siGil View Post
Arc as in the whole Alicization or arc as in this infiltration to Administrator's place? If it's the former, it's already been discussed two pages ago. If it's the latter is probably gonna end in the upcoming volume as there's not much left to cover for web chapter 7.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 04:07   Link #4430
l.kostas

Volume 14information (in Chinese):
http://www.lightnovel.cn/thread-721382-1-1.html
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 10:53   Link #4431
Silver11235

Well I watch the anime of SAO, and finish, and I read some more spoiler for other arc, I have something to ask in this SAO Topic, please do remind that I haven't read all spoiler, only from what I have already know

1/ why do you like SAO so much ? Is it become of Romantic between Asuna Kirito, or is it because of action, or is it because of how badass Kirito is ?

2/ Is the story progress to develop in Kirito or some other character ?, or it simply stop when Kirito done with SAO arc and he is now only go on for mission from government ?

3/ What is depth of this story, by depth I meant, are there some kind of mysterious force behind the whole gaming thing that try to destroy/conquer or do whatever the heck to the war ?

By far I read some spoiler, I can only see how every arc it have the same thing is game and a girl to become Kirito's harem, is it really actually progressing anything at all ?
Silver11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 11:13   Link #4432
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver11235 View Post
Well I watch the anime of SAO, and finish, and I read some more spoiler for other arc, I have something to ask in this SAO Topic, please do remind that I haven't read all spoiler, only from what I have already know

1/ why do you like SAO so much ? Is it become of Romantic between Asuna Kirito, or is it because of action, or is it because of how badass Kirito is ?

2/ Is the story progress to develop in Kirito or some other character ?, or it simply stop when Kirito done with SAO arc and he is now only go on for mission from government ?

3/ What is depth of this story, by depth I meant, are there some kind of mysterious force behind the whole gaming thing that try to destroy/conquer or do whatever the heck to the war ?

By far I read some spoiler, I can only see how every arc it have the same thing is game and a girl to become Kirito's harem, is it really actually progressing anything at all ?
1.probably the world view?
2.not really understand the question, but i guess it should be a no?
3.there're, but not that important to it.
4.yes, just you'll see that if you aren't only reading those girls.
Old 2014-02-08, 13:29   Link #4433
Silver11235

well by far, all the hidden force behind the each arc have already solved, while they don't have any connection at all, so I kinda don't understand what is the story progressing for ?

I mean like the reason Kirito take on mission, play video games, and all, is for what reason ? aside from more girl coming in (reading wiki and it seem there are 5 main heroines in the series by now), there gotta be something to motivate the whole lot of people to actually looking forward for SAO, like he gonna become badass ? or Kirito char dev will stay the same and he is on the quest to go to different game to beat boss, just like Sonic the hedgehog going around from each of his video games to beat the boss without any character development

I try to read spoilers and people comment, but in own country forum, they only say they like SAO, but they don't give a reason why they like it. So you know, I kinda feel pretty loss in the whole thing SAO
Old 2014-02-08, 13:36   Link #4434
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver11235 View Post
well by far, all the hidden force behind the each arc have already solved, while they don't have any connection at all, so I kinda don't understand what is the story progressing for ?
Are you asking what the story is progressing for? Well, there are quite a few loose-ends to deal with. For instance, in Aincrad, there was a guild called "Laughing Coffin" (we see them twice in the anime). They were a guild that basically went around, and killed people for fun.
A couple of the members who survived the game, made up a plan to kill people in other games, and spread fear.

There's more, but I can't get into detail at the moment.
Old 2014-02-08, 15:35   Link #4435
Silver11235

^ oh cool, So those guys in "laughing coffin" still around, that Im gonna count as a thing to follow and see

So base on what you said, the story progress with the character have already done developing their own ideal or thought during each arc of them, and Kirito at a main character will now go to each video game world doing the good thing ? and some how some of the old enemy or evil organization from all the old games that Kirito beat will make their way to the new video games world doing whatever they wanna do

It sound a lot like a same character, same settings, but the character go around each video game world and doing good deeds just like video games character like Sonic or Kingdom hearts but the story of each arc somehow have more grand scale and bigger than the games I listed right ?

So in facts, the story of SAO can progress forever since the problem never ends, well since the story never state it specific of the most biggest problems of the whole Story, but instead each problem of each arc, and by chance these problems these small arc have a past from other previous games that Kirito was somehow unable to solve all ?

If I get anything wrong, please correct me :|, I'm very interest in this story since people was fighting over it in my country forum and the admin there have to close or locked several of the threads about SAO.
Old 2014-02-08, 18:42   Link #4436
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Well, mostly, Kirito and his friends stay inside of ALO, and just enjoy the game. While many people are scared to touch VR games, you could say that Kirito and his friends consider VR as a second life to them.

Kirito isn't actively fighting a bad-guy, but when he's asked to check out a gun game where some people seem to be dying, he finds out Laughing Coffin is involved.

But this doesn't happen again. I think most of the story is just covering other aspects of VR and its capabilities. Either way, I found it interesting. I'm not really sure how to explain it all though.
Old 2014-02-08, 19:20   Link #4437
Silver11235

^ oh so Kirito kinda like a hero that is being forcing into or under some circumstances that he has to fight the bad guys in each of the video games arc he gone by. That pretty clear answer coming from you, make me easy to understand

And after the GGO, Kirito only cover about the thing about technologies and all, more specific is VR and it functions. correct me if I'm wrong lol

Will there be any romance developing with Asuna ? or Asuna will simply become a back side character just like the rest of the girl in each arc ? or the only main thing of all in SAO is about VR helmet and it technologies ?
Old 2014-02-09, 03:25   Link #4438
siGil

my interpretation

asuna is the main goal, of course. LN series will end once they move to america for studies most likely. the journey between here and there may or may not take a while

the series has turned from survival romance into more of a sci fi over time, he's getting into more and more of the possible explanations of VR. which is cool, they did a lot of research

point of the story? not a whole lot, just the progress of a boy chasing after what he wants and the girls he meets in doing so. most of the fun was had in Aincrad and the author knows this, hence the development of the progressive series.

what attracted me to SAO was the Aincrad stories, reminds me of old times ;] good and bad. if you've spent a year or two playing a MMO seriously then i imagine you'd feel similar.
Old 2014-02-09, 07:47   Link #4439
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

I am quite bothered by this.

Sword Art Online Volume 8
"There is no sky within Aincrad. In its place, the bottom of the next floor stretching out for a hundred meters overhead is all. Thus, the only times that the Sun could be seen directly were restricted to the mornings and evenings. Of course, the Moon follows suit."

Yet in every other volume, and in the anime, it is shown that there is in fact some kind of sky.

Oh the inconsistencies.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 08:01   Link #4440
HasuMasu
*Artist

I've never seen a sky in my head while reading the volumes in <<AINCRAD>>.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality