AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-02, 03:57   Link #41
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

As someone predicted,Yukari Tamura as Bernkastel.

http://myanimelist.net/character/11840/Bernkastel
Old 2008-12-02, 13:47   Link #42
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathory Area View Post
As someone predicted,Yukari Tamura as Bernkastel.

http://myanimelist.net/character/11840/Bernkastel
Although that's what probably will happen, that source doesn't seem reliable at all.
Old 2008-12-02, 16:58   Link #43
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Although that's what probably will happen, that source doesn't seem reliable at all.
I also checked the official page...I just see Maria's voice...so Yukari being Bernkastel is still a rumor. Although it's most likekly what will happen.

Wow...most of the Higurashi cast is voicing some character xD
Old 2008-12-07, 04:25   Link #44
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathory Area View Post
When I saw Shannon first time,I thought he is female.I suggest Eri Kitamura for this character.

http://myanimelist.net/people/413/Eri_Kitamura

*or better choice "Maaya Sakamoto"

http://myanimelist.net/people/90/Maaya_Sakamoto
but Shannon is female its Kanon that is male
Old 2008-12-07, 04:28   Link #45
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Perhaps it's becuase most shows I've seen with Kitamura Eri, she voiced male character or boyish-girls, I can't really imagine her as Shannon. Okay she can also do these seducing female voices well, but also not what I've imagined as Shannon. Sakamoto Maaya would be alright...she has a good range of voices.

I am still thinking of Endo Aya -> Shannon and Sawashiro Miyuki -> Kanon
I just keep imagining the voice actor who voiced Yuki in fruits basket for him XD
Old 2008-12-07, 04:31   Link #46
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyuuChan View Post
but Shannon is female its Kanon that is male
Thank.I mean Kanon><(Why no one warns me?)
Old 2008-12-07, 12:23   Link #47
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

Quote:
Perhaps it's becuase most shows I've seen with Kitamura Eri, she voiced male character or boyish-girls, I can't really imagine her as Shannon. Okay she can also do these seducing female voices well, but also not what I've imagined as Shannon. Sakamoto Maaya would be alright...she has a good range of voices.

I am still thinking of Endo Aya -> Shannon and Sawashiro Miyuki -> Kanon
Shinkurou Kurenai?
Old 2008-12-07, 20:11   Link #48
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskatar View Post
Shinkurou Kurenai?
That's who I've had in mind...both a weak-willed and strong-willed voice which I think would match Kanon's character progression throughout the story.
Old 2008-12-23, 06:47   Link #49
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It is nowhere near possible. Nana has the knack in voicing gentle and composed women, or energic girls...
But it is nowhere near from Beatrice's character scope: that's like asking Wakamoto voicing Keiichi... it would be helluva wrong, both for the tone and the style.
She would be much more suited for Shannon though I still don't think she would perfectly fit any Umineko character
Old 2008-12-23, 07:45   Link #50
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Since Noto was mentioned, am I deluding myself or she could be a good pick for Rosa?

And yes, Mizuki Nana is so not going to work as Beatrice.

Fujiwara Keiji could be a good choice for Ronove, I feel, he can combine the comic relief act with the more serious role ronove will most likely play later on.

Old 2008-12-23, 13:27   Link #51
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mizuki Nana can still surprise people at times. Remember Touma Minami?
Old 2008-12-23, 15:22   Link #52
Avisch
Reality Blender

Nana as Beatrice? I'm going against that. Beatrice's seiyu needs someone who has a real bite in their voice.

Matrim:
Noto as Rosa? Hard to say.

Fujiwara Keiji does sound good for Ronove. Looking back on his roles I thought he only did crazy stuff. But your are right he has done serious. I keep imagining Ken Narita, any thoughts on that?

One crazy B****

Last edited by Avisch; 2008-12-23 at 15:40.
Old 2008-12-23, 15:52   Link #53
Matrim

Quote:
But Noto sounds a bit humble for Rosa (who is striving to be noble)
Spoiler for very, very mild spoilers concerning Rosa's personality (I guess these are kind of inevitable when discussing possible seiyuu choices but just to be sure):

Old 2008-12-23, 16:08   Link #54
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

My problem for Noto with Rosa is the fact the voice would not match her physical appearance (well, Noto does have an issue with women that are between 30-50 so ^^").
Plus, due to episode 2 moments, she would need a sharp and grave voice instead. Let's see... how about Orikasa Fumiko (she did Chie in Higurashi): tweeking her voice a bit would manage to give a soothing voice, but also quite a dready one.

Meanwhile, I think Nakata George would be a killer for Krauss
Old 2008-12-23, 16:10   Link #55
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Oooooh Orikasa would make a wonderful Rosa! *w*

Old 2008-12-23, 18:01   Link #56
Matrim

Quote:
My problem for Noto with Rosa is the fact the voice would not match her physical appearance (well, Noto does have an issue with women that are between 30-50 so ^^").
I am not sure how much of this is mentioned in the game or it's just my imagination based on her picture in the game but I keep seeing Rosa as someone with a soft voice who can be mistaken for a younger person. I like Orikasa Fumiko but her normal (read cute) voice doesn't really sound much more fitting for older characters than Noto's. How about Yukino Satsuki (Shion/Mion seiyuu). She can do the nice voice, she can be very scary (I think we have all watched Higurashi) and has experience with older (read non-teen) sounding characters. And she excels at scenes where her character scolds someone and Rosa does that a lot.
Noto Mamiko or Orikasa Fumiko could be good choices for Kyrie, btw.

How about Imoue Kikuko as Virgilia?

Quote:
I think Nakata George would be a killer for Krauss
You seem to be joking but just in case - I think Krauss is too much of a loser to merit the almighty Nakata George. One would start to wonder how come the other characters dare accuse him of anything.
Sugita Tomokazu could be a great George if he voices it the way he voices Mayama in Honey and Clover who, IMO, is very similar to George in terms of personality.

Old 2008-12-23, 18:10   Link #57
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I am not sure how much of this is mentioned in the game or it's just my imagination based on her picture in the game but I keep seeing Rosa as someone with a soft voice who can be mistaken for a younger person. I like Orikasa Fumiko but her normal (read cute) voice doesn't really sound much more fitting for older characters than Noto's. How about Yukino Satsuki (Shion/Mion seiyuu). She can do the nice voice, she can be very scary (I think we have all watched Higurashi) and has experience with older (read non-teen) sounding characters. And she excels at scenes where her character scolds someone and Rosa does that a lot.
Orikasa as Kyrie? I don't know. I also think that Satsuki wouldn't quite suit Rosa. I think Orikasa would be a very good Rosa, her voice isn't really ridiculously cute... I mean, Chie's wasn't like that anyway...

Old 2008-12-23, 21:02   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post

How about Imoue Kikuko as Virgilia?
My biggest problem with Noto is actually how her voice has a lingering tone that either gives the following vibes: moe/slow/retarded/prone to give a question mark on the said character.
Vaguely enough, it gives too much "innocence" (even in her performance as Rin in Mnemosyne), hence why I feel her absolutely not fitting for any kind of character past the twenties without some kind of VERY sweet aspect.
You can say, it is pretty similar to Horie persistent "cutie fluff" in her voice, even if she uses different tones (like Naru from LH or Eri from SR)

Yukino would somehow cut it, though ironically, her normal voice lacks of some sweet and "close" aspect, when she doesn't voice an highschooler (we are jumping from the extremes ). She would obviously work well with serious aspect though.

But as for Kyrie, I think a totally different Seiyuu would be needed, such like Honda Takako (Touko from Kara no Kyoukai).

Quote:
You seem to be joking but just in case - I think Krauss is too much of a loser to merit the almighty Nakata George. One would start to wonder how come the other characters dare accuse him of anything.
half joke actually
To be honest, I think a voice similar to Nakata-sama (or himself but watered down) would be fitting, minus Nakata's usual imposing/charismatic aura. That's why it is overkill to begin with, but as a gut feeling, the "tone" and the "depth" of the voice should be kinda similar, but the aura is obviously not matching. (well, Nakata CAN sound very very funny, like corporal giroro or Neko chaos )

Now the biggest challenge would be... a proud, yet mature and reponsible voice for Natsuhi.
Old 2008-12-23, 22:31   Link #59
Matrim

Quote:
Yukino would somehow cut it, though ironically, her normal voice lacks of some sweet and "close" aspect, when she doesn't voice an highschooler
Well that's not really to be the case with her voice in say Planetes or Madlax, IMO. And Rosa is not that close to the rest of the characters as say Mion is to the gang in Higurashi anyway.

Quote:
My biggest problem with Noto is actually how her voice has a lingering tone that either gives the following vibes: moe/slow/retarded/prone to give a question mark on the said character.
Vaguely enough, it gives too much "innocence" (even in her performance as Rin in Mnemosyne), hence why I feel her absolutely not fitting for any kind of character past the twenties without some kind of VERY sweet aspect.
I can't say I agree I entirely as Noto's famously cute voice has never bothered me unlike pretty all the other over the top cute voices in the anime industry but I definitely see where you are coming from. If I "turn the chessboard", I can see that I would be against Horie Yui as Rosa if someone proposed it for exactly the reasons quoted above.

Quote:
Now the biggest challenge would be... a proud, yet mature and reponsible voice for Natsuhi.
A real veteran seiyuu would be great for that part, I believe. Personally I would prefer Mistuishi Kotono or Hisakawa Aya but I do realise I am very biased towards these two so...

Quote:
To be honest, I think a voice similar to Nakata-sama (or himself but watered down) would be fitting, minus Nakata's usual imposing/charismatic aura. That's why it is overkill to begin with, but as a gut feeling, the "tone" and the "depth" of the voice should be kinda similar, but the aura is obviously not matching.
Agreed, I also picture Kraus's voice as somewhat similar to Nakata's, albeit very much lacking in charisma.

Old 2008-12-23, 23:42   Link #60
Avisch
Reality Blender

Matrim:
LOL Krauss isn't awesome enough to get Jouji's voice? I can see what you mean. I also see what you mean on the charisma part.

And YES. Rosa definitely needs a soft voice.

Orikasa Fumiko should be involved. Kyrie or Eva I think would work best.

Quote:
The closest I've gotten is Romi Paku (but I've only heard her voice once)

Also it's interesting you bring up Touko's seiyu. Today i was imagining her as Beatrice's seiyu.

Time to think about the Stakes....How about Mizuhara Kaoru (with her Yomi voice) as Lucifer!

One crazy B****
Closed Thread