AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 48
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 13 22.03%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 13 22.03%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 8 13.56%
7 out of 10: Good... 9 15.25%
6 out of 10: Average... 4 6.78%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 5 8.47%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 1.69%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 3 5.08%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 3 5.08%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-17, 01:45   Link #61
Zeydra
A random passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
In my opinion, the greatest folly of Gundam Age is trying to cram three whole series into one.
That still doesn't excuse the highly inconsistent quality of the show to be honest. A fair number of great anime series have had 12 to 13 episodes in a season and still managed to tell a great story and actually develop the characters in a way that made the viewer care about them.

Even arc 1 of this series did that. It was more consistent than every other arc of the show, with a likeable cast that mostly had enough development that you cared what happened. The fact they didn't throw in a billion fodder characters specifically to kill off didn't hurt.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 03:01   Link #62
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
In my opinion, the greatest folly of Gundam Age is trying to cram three whole series into one.
whatever you say Character-Driven Story addicts, you people just cannot get enough of long character development/interactions... most of you are always discussing the thoughts of characters like psychology is so a totally mature science (at this current times) it has to be concrete

im in the minority that likes more Plot-Driven Story so i like Gundam AGE but ye its just above average since the animation quality is poor
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 03:35   Link #63
Raysoul

I think that the characters in this show have served their purpose, whether it is a minor or major one. Like other shows, AGE has a fair share of important and non-important side characters.

Remember, this show is AIMED for kids and is targeted towards new audiences. The characters are shown as simple as possible so kids and new Gundam audience can understand. Adding more subplot for each sub-character will result in a boring 500 episode saga considering the generational structure of AGE.

What surprises me is that they manage to add complexity and unpredictability to the plot. And who would expect at first sight that this series will have a high death count?

As for the animation quality, I would categorize it as inconsistent rather than being poor.

I'm not saying that AGE is perfect, of course several improvements can be made, but I don't think AGE should be categorized as bad.
Old 2012-09-17, 04:06   Link #64
monster

I wasn't so sure how I would feel about having every active antagonists die before the end of both the show and the war itself. But after watching this episode, I think it fits with the whole generational conflict. This war has gone on so long that it has really outgrown the people who participated in it. And while I'm kind of sad at seeing so many deaths in such a short period of time, I think all of the deaths in the past two episodes have been handled decently, so I'm glad for that.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 04:31   Link #65
RX93-2
White Unicorn

DESTINY is finally dethroned as the worst gundam series.
Turn A and Zeta still reign supreme.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 04:39   Link #66
Key Board
Carbon

If Asemu or Zeheart was gender switched and Kio was their son, I think the 3rd arc would have been more dramatic

but as it stands, I think Kio is failing almost as hard as Zeheart

what is his purpose again?

Perhaps Gundam AGE would have been a lot better if it centered around Flitt growing old and bitter, and eventually? having a change of heart.

This 3 characters point of view is distracting.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 04:43   Link #67
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I think Kio is failing almost as hard as Zeheart

what is his purpose again?
Kio's purpose is to end the war without killing anybody. (There's also saving everybody, but please don't take that literally as he's only a child who obviously can't fulfill that ideal.)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 05:01   Link #68
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
DESTINY is finally dethroned as the worst gundam series.
Turn A and Zeta still reign supreme.
It's surprising, but looking at the way things go, it is likely that Kio will take Shinn's crown of "the most annoying Gundam pilot evah".
Old 2012-09-17, 06:28   Link #69
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Kio's purpose is to just be there while everyone else does the killing.

The only thing I really didn't like this episode was how they killed Fram. Before the game spoiled everything (great marketing decision >_>), I was hoping Zeheart would save her, perhaps sacrifice himself to save her and thus paying Dole back. But no, instead they have that grunt garbage Obright mortally wound her and then get lasered. At least she sent Mr I mop the floor like a tard packing before she died.
Old 2012-09-17, 06:41   Link #70
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Man, just wow. They should've skipped that entire moonbase arc and actually made this episode into a 3 episode arc instead, you know, have a actual final battle against a known character.

Obright = Top tier badass, motherfucking Genoace, Remy is waiting for you and your awesome sideburns. Too bad it seems asspulled since you didn't actually do much until now, glad you took Fram out though.

Zeheart's character was made into a total fucking retard in this episode, you know, they could've used some of the 34 earlier episodes to develop his character a bit better, show that he regretted things about all his comrades and showing doubt about the plan in general instead of having him do a 180 in the last 4 minutes of the episode. Quality AGE writing strikes again.

Fram = Waah, waah, everythingweassumedcametrue.

Zeheart vs Asemu = Worst rival battle ever (if we can even call it that?). Good to see Asemu kick ass, but sad to see that the final battle i actually cared for ended in less than a minute without much actual fighting taking place.

Kio = as useless as ever. Why couldnt they make him a mechanic or something instead?

Zanald = Why didn't they have Kio kill him off in the previous episode? he served no purpose in this one, lol.

Next episode:

INTRODUCTION OF THE FINAL ENEMY NOONE CARES ABOUT AT ALL.

Sweet.

@Revolutionist

I fully agree with your comment earlier in this thread asking why we should give a shit. lol
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 07:33   Link #71
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

That's a lot of named character deaths for one episode....but...

WHY MY PRECIOUS LEGILUS GUNDAM??!!!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 07:54   Link #72
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
This is all a conspiracy to get people to hate AGE more than Destiny so that sales for the Destiny Remaster will be better!

It all makes sense, it's the only way to explain what the heck has been happening in AGE!
After initially dropping the show on episode 3, picking it up again, and literally forcing myself to watch it every week, I think you're on to something there!

(Although, I liked Destiny well enough, but that's neither here nor there)

And I thought this would be 50 episodes - is next week really the end?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 08:57   Link #73
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
And I thought this would be 50 episodes - is next week really the end?
Yup, the preview speak for itself: It's the "final nail in the coffin episode".
Old 2012-09-17, 09:15   Link #74
ReddyRedWolf

That's some Rage Quit Villainous Breakdown Zeheart pulled getting himself killed.

Of all the hallucinations you had to listen to is his damn brother.

Do the exact opposite of what Desil says as listening to him make you like him. A too dumb to live backstabber. Sigh~

It all comes back to Zeheart's identity or lack of it. He followed too much a mad man's delusions of grandeur that he is left empty inside. Instead of making his own dreams. What he could've been but it was too late as he threw his future and the lives of others.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 10:05   Link #75
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

na na na hey hey hey goodbye cause this PG-age gundam almost over give is real flop to watch due to um

1.lack of characters develops blame on timeskip hype characters they last only few eps or put on a bus.

2.mis-used of women in this series good grief is this series being a bullied or they don’t like women in gundam? (or better yet this series are woman HATERS)

3.too much timeskips really lacks more to work give skip it all.

etc etc really no longer PG-gundam series really bad project to watch give good news the PG-age is almost over indeed goodbye & next gundam series give us a main lead female gundam pilot.

only one ep yea goodbye & good ridence.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 10:59   Link #76
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Dude learn some grammar, my head hurts.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 11:17   Link #77
janipani

Once again Kio was just letting Fram push him over because of his no kill policy. Asemu and Flit weren't having slightest difficulty to stop her doings so Kio should have been able to get rid of her.

I have always difficulties to decide if I should judge AGE only compared to other AGE episodes, or compared to Gundam episodes in general. But because the script is totally lacks depth I decided go with the first alternative.

But this time my finger slipped according to latter one, so I voted 7 when it should had been 10.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 16:18   Link #78
X207
Gamyūsa

lol the classic shoot em up and kill thousands of people ending. Zeheart going off the deep end and going DESTINY is lame. i do miss Fram even though she had the target on her beack for a long time. dont know what to way about Zeheart's death aside from rushed. i was hoping Zeheart would adopt a modified plan eden ie let both sides live in peace and let their generations create a better world.

the ending will suceed in solving the war no matter how rushed it was. half of the hardcore followers are dead already and they need to mop up the rest of the hardcore Vagan leaders and let the people come to their senses. i do want to see Flit die as he's been veganphobic ever since desil killed the girl he liked. i wont miss Flit if he dies. i hope Asemu and Kio survive. its regretable they also sacrificed the AGE system along with the ship though it makes sense to remove weapons of war if peace is imminent in the next episode. i liked the series due to the 3 generation progression, not so much given how they rushed the last few eps.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 16:56   Link #79
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
[QUOTE=X207;4357152]lol the classic shoot em up and kill thousands of people ending. Zeheart going off the deep end and going DESTINY is lame. i do miss Fram even though she had the target on her beack for a long time. dont know what to way about Zeheart's death aside from rushed. i was hoping Zeheart would adopt a modified plan eden ie let both sides live in peace and let their generations create a better world.

Quote:
the ending will suceed in solving the war no matter how rushed it was. half of the hardcore followers are dead already and they need to mop up the rest of the hardcore Vagan leaders and let the people come to their senses.
Despite the fact it seemed that the Vagan people in general were hardcore Ezcelant followers to begin with and now they're scared of death....

Quote:
i do want to see Flit die as he's been veganphobic ever since desil killed the girl he liked.
He's been hating the Vagans since they wiped out his family and colony.

That and the Vagans haven't been doing anything that shows they could be reasoned with.

I mean when Algerus stated that it would be ridiculous for the Vagans to open fire with their cannon and kill their own allies just to take out the Gundams and the Diva what did Flit say"
"They're Vagans!,"

And what happened? The Vagans actually fired the cannon, wiping out a good portion of their ships for only 5 Federation ships that weren't the main targets....on that matter what were those ships still doing in the LOF?

How they are going to end this peacefully is anybody's guess. The cannon will have to be taken off from the colony but the Federation will have to do something that gains the Vagan peoples' trust.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 17:50   Link #80
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Diva: *silent salute*
Obright: *salute* You sir, were a hero.
Fram: Errr, *nods a little* I really just feel pity for that woman.
Leil: *confused look*
Zeheart: *salute* Turning him back into a human being and having him atone for his crimes at the same time? Not bad. I don't mind that the battle lasted as short as it did.

I will remember this as the last time I will ever see this sequence of events:

Zeheart: "ASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM!"
Asem: "ZEHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!"

I think there was some other guy that died. I don't even remember.

No I don't mean Zanald. That outcome was exactly as expected.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion