AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

View Poll Results: Ouran Host Club Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 22 42.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 32.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-09, 13:49   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Ouran Host Club Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ouran Host Club, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-05-09, 17:44   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 05 imo has to be one of the best so far - if it had a bit more Tamaki.. then hell knows how good it would have been. <3

I get a feeling in the future episodes we're gonna see different characters being in the spotlight, like how the twins are in episode 05.. and of course we get a lil' bit of back story for them.

& Haruhi really is the perfect character - i can't help but keep falling for her.
Old 2006-05-09, 19:30   Link #3
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I couldn't stop replaying the final scene again and again. It was just so perfectly picturesque ... and the music accompaniment was just sublime.
Old 2006-05-09, 19:55   Link #4
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Agreed. Something about the last scene was really quite poignant, especially when Kaoru glanced over at Hikaru.

(And I'm so happy that Ouran has its own forum now!)
Old 2006-05-09, 20:56   Link #5
mangafanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Agreed. I was nearly moved to point of tears to see it in its own forum. Okay, so maybe I exaggerate about the tears, but I was happy none the less.

Anways, I thought this episode was very good. It didn't, for me, quite touch the brilliance of some of the previous episodes (such as the school physical episode), but it was still thoroughly enjoyable! Hooray for host club! And long live Prince Tamakai!
Old 2006-05-10, 00:17   Link #6
poseur

fantastic episode...

can't help but think that the whole club will eventually fall for Haruhi

@mangafantastic

i agree with your signature, "Haruhi"s can prove to be pretty entertaining characters.................(you must have watch suzumiya haruhi as well)
Old 2006-05-10, 04:56   Link #7
hakasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Agreed. Something about the last scene was really quite poignant, especially when Kaoru glanced over at Hikaru.

Yes, that last scene was nicely done. It's just something that works for animation and not in mangas. Plus, with the music played at the background. PERFECT!
Old 2006-05-10, 07:37   Link #8
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Oh, yeah. I'm fervently waiting for the OST to come out ... man, that has got to be one of the best guitar solos (correct me if it's not a guitar solo) I've heard. EVER.
Old 2006-05-10, 10:47   Link #9
mangafanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by poseur
i agree with your signature, "Haruhi"s can prove to be pretty entertaining characters.................(you must have watch suzumiya haruhi as well)

I have indeed.

What I can't wait for is the Piano music for the soft version of the opening theme which was played shortly during this episode. It was fantastic!

Last edited by mangafanatic; 2006-05-13 at 12:43.
Old 2006-05-10, 10:56   Link #10
Decel

Loved this ep. I wanted more character development and I sure got a handfull here. That last scene of course was the highlight of the show.
Old 2006-05-13, 04:28   Link #11
Erroll

I rated this ep as a perfect 10. This was the chapter who's translation to anime I was most sceptical about but this is the chapter that sold me on Ouran as one of my favorite manga series. I really didn't think they'd be able to bring out the story as well as the manga did and really make me laugh and fall in love with the twins like the manga did but it did! I've been looping the ending and watching it over and over from the point where Haruhi bonks both the twins on the head until the end where they're holding hands.

The twins definitely prove that they deserve the 'ko akuma' type label they receive.
Old 2006-06-04, 00:04   Link #12
Shredder

1 bc I'm a homophobe. I'm not enjoying this series so far, I don't know why I'm even bothering to finish it. I guess I just want to see the ending and maybe some conflicts if they ever arise. Girls should be straight, recognizable girls and same for guys. They should also have voice actors and actresses accordingly.

The whole premise of the show, not being able to recognize the girl as a girl, is unrealistic. I wish the blonde guy showed more restraint in liking the main girl. Some tension would be nice between them. It's only ep 5 but so far things are not looking good as of now IMO. I know things are not going well when I crank up fast forward to 4x and don't feel like I'm missing out on much
Old 2006-06-05, 07:43   Link #13
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Because one androgynous but good-looking girl in Ouran (which is, I might add, an OTT comedy anime) is so much less realistic than the tsundere loli meido psycho moe catgirls we get in every other series.
Old 2006-06-13, 01:06   Link #14
misakichii

hrms....i did thought that this episode was quite interesting on how haruhi was able to get into hikaru and kaoru's world but i voted it a 7 for good. haha...tamaki was also so cute in there too...that talk about black magic.
Old 2007-05-30, 01:54   Link #15
KittiKat16
Meww =3

Send a message via MSN to KittiKat16
I loved that episode! Hilarious! Especially at the Tamaki and blackmagic part x3

Aww... The twins look so cute with dyed hair =3 They are my favorite characters ^^
Old 2007-08-16, 09:31   Link #16
Sayo

Episode 5 was one of the very best episodes in the manga, for all the reasons mentioned above
Old 2007-12-20, 23:40   Link #17
baka_dark

i like the twins fight it's so cute hehehe i jus want to watch the movie all over again >.<
Old 2011-07-09, 21:18   Link #18
Alddous

Necroposting but whatever. Anyways a question, how was Haruhi able to tell Hikaru from Kaoru using the method she specified(Hikaru being meaner), if the twins said the exact same thing the entire time O_o. I thought she knew because there's a little hair that goes to the left or right under their hat or something...
Closed Thread