AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-01-25, 17:37   Link #28821
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
Why do you care so much? You have a giant backlog don't you.
Just wait for sales, efficient shipping or buy them when you feel like it.

The things I've been posting online like on my YouTube page are kinda sorta old. I tend to go on full day marathons of MG building, record videos, and post it up on my channel, but as Private videos..ehehehehehe..
Old 2013-01-25, 17:58   Link #28822
Appel

So I just finished building my Nu Ver.Ka.
I do have one question now: Why does everyone keep talking about how much the funnels suck? The new hands are way worse! O_o
They are flimsy as all heck! They tend to fall apart, the wrist isn't strong enough to hold the freaking rifle and you can't even take them off again because the tiny balljoint that keeps them on the arm pops apart and the ball is then stuck in the polycap in the arm!
To be honest, I want the old hands with thumb, trigger finger and three fingers together back :P Actually, they could incorporate the double peg system from the new PG style hands.

If all new MGs have those and if they don't fix them I am not looking forward to buying new models >__> Because these hands freaking suck and they are way too complex to fix them with glue.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 18:33   Link #28823
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
I was thinking getting them in pairs?

Like..

Tallgeese EW + Tallgeese II EW
Deathscythe EW + Deathscythe Hell EW

and then whenever they release them...

Shelong EW + Nataku EW
Sandrock EW + Sandrock Kai EW
Heavyarms EW + Heavyarms Kai EW

and hopefully...

Wing EW Remaster + Wing Zero EW Remaster

and then I guess Tallgeese III EW on its own unless like a Serpent Custom or something like that comes out.
BAD IDEA IMO, while it sounds cool repetitive builds sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
So I just finished building my Nu Ver.Ka.
I do have one question now: Why does everyone keep talking about how much the funnels suck? The new hands are way worse! O_o
They are flimsy as all heck! They tend to fall apart, the wrist isn't strong enough to hold the freaking rifle and you can't even take them off again because the tiny balljoint that keeps them on the arm pops apart and the ball is then stuck in the polycap in the arm!
To be honest, I want the old hands with thumb, trigger finger and three fingers together back :P Actually, they could incorporate the double peg system from the new PG style hands.

If all new MGs have those and if they don't fix them I am not looking forward to buying new models >__> Because these hands freaking suck and they are way too complex to fix them with glue.
Perhaps you got a faulty product? It happens
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 18:44   Link #28824
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Perhaps you got a faulty product? It happens
I doubt that. I am not the only one who has these problems. Most people just say that the problems with the funnels are worse. But I don't agree there! Bandai gave us a really nice display base for those afterall! And when you put only three on the backpack and the other three on the stand the funnels work absolutely perfectly.
Old 2013-01-25, 19:42   Link #28825
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I also had trouble with the hands. They tend to get wrecked the most easily right at the beginning, when removing them from the runner, as I found out for myself The weak-sauce wrists can be fixed in several ways that were noted at some point earlier in the thread (I think it was with a topcoat or something, but I could be wrong). I can still do poses with the fingers, but I have to be real careful to ensure that they don't accidentally fall off (the joints for the left the pinky finger and right index fingers became dislodged when I tried to separate the hands from the runners).
Old 2013-01-25, 20:14   Link #28826
Skye629

I dont get this, how did HLJs shipping change all of a sudden? Yesterday the shipping estimate was $6 less than today, now Im hesitant about ordering anything, does the shipping always fluctuate like this?
Old 2013-01-25, 20:54   Link #28827
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
I dont get this, how did HLJs shipping change all of a sudden? Yesterday the shipping estimate was $6 less than today, now Im hesitant about ordering anything, does the shipping always fluctuate like this?
I would assume it shouldn't unless you added some more items into the order itself. Like maybe you had something in the Private Warehouse thing and it became available so you just put it into the order/portion that was being shipped.
Old 2013-01-25, 21:46   Link #28828
Skye629

Quote:
I would assume it shouldn't unless you added some more items into the order itself. Like maybe you had something in the Private Warehouse thing and it became available so you just put it into the order/portion that was being shipped.

I didnt though, its the exact same set of items ;-;
Old 2013-01-25, 22:03   Link #28829
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
I didnt though, its the exact same set of items ;-;
Then you should give Scott, the President of HLJ, an email.

scott@hlj.com

I emailed him before and he's responded back pretty fast. I love it when a company's owner/CEO/President actually replies back to customers and aren't the usual BS people who just care about money.

I think that's why I like GG Infinite and HLJ so much. =D They both have owners who are very customer focused and will actually reply back.

So I finally decided to try and experiment with GunPla today.

I took my 1/100 No Grade Astraea and decided to color up the panel lines (literally) on 1 of the shoulder armors. I did it with a black Gundam Marker (not the panel lining kind).

I let it sit for a few seconds. Then I took a q-tip with rubbed some Purell hand sanitizer on the q-tip. I then started to gently rub on the excess areas and it cleaned itself up really well!

AHHH

Looks so good!!!
Old 2013-01-26, 01:36   Link #28830
Skye629

Quote:
Then you should give Scott, the President of HLJ, an email.

scott@hlj.com

I emailed him before and he's responded back pretty fast. I love it when a company's owner/CEO/President actually replies back to customers and aren't the usual BS people who just care about money.

I think that's why I like GG Infinite and HLJ so much. =D They both have owners who are very customer focused and will actually reply back.

So I finally decided to try and experiment with GunPla today.

I took my 1/100 No Grade Astraea and decided to color up the panel lines (literally) on 1 of the shoulder armors. I did it with a black Gundam Marker (not the panel lining kind).

I let it sit for a few seconds. Then I took a q-tip with rubbed some Purell hand sanitizer on the q-tip. I then started to gently rub on the excess areas and it cleaned itself up really well!

AHHH

Looks so good!!!
Ah thats good to know, however I decided to cancel my order, I found something which takes priority over kits: A nice 6' (approx) glass display case with lighting for my gunpla! Booyah! I love it when I find great deals like that!

As for you modeling Suiton I suggest you use Rubbing Alcohol instead of hand sanitizers, while similar you should use hand sanitizers for well....your hands, rubbing alcohol I find is great as it is cheap for a nice big bottle. which can serve other purposes as well as lasting a long time (just make sure you screw the lid shut each time though, it evaporates faster than water)
Old 2013-01-26, 04:42   Link #28831
bio9205
Reborn

I use a Gundam marker and an eraser for panel lining, works brilliantly.

EDIT: I'm almost done watching ZZ and I'm completely enamoured with Haman Karn. Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this - but are there any good (i.e. cheap, good service) online shops out there that sell PVC figures that ship internationally? Would appreciate it if you guys have some recommendations.

Last edited by bio9205; 2013-01-26 at 07:49.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 16:22   Link #28832
Appel

My final thoughts on MG Nu Ver.Ka:
First of all, a little clear acrylic paint did indeed fix the looseness. I still see the new hands as problematic though because of how easily they fall apart.
The funnels work well, depending on what you are doing with them. Three together on the backpack? No problem at all! Since they gave us this great stand you might as well show them off deployed. I haven't tried it yet but having them all together on the back shouldn't be a problem as well with either top coat, some other clear paint, a weak glue or something along those lines.
The body itself is pretty much perfect though. The shoulders can be just a tiny bit loose but it doesn't hinger the articulation at all.
But other than that this kit has virtually no flaws at all.

The rifle and shield look a little bland but that isn't a problem of the model, that is a problem of the design itself.

The transformation put me off when I first saw images of the kit. But now that I have built it I really like it! Putting all of those silver stickers under the clear green pieces kind of makes you appreciate it more I guess :P The transformation is also incredibly easy and quick to pull off.
I did decide not to take off a couple of pieces during the transformation. I left the grey pieces on the front skirts and didn't remove the throuster housing on the backpack. This design isn't canon anyway so I might as well play with it a little and add my own style to it :P

All in all it is safe to say that this is the most amazing MG I have ever built. Before that it was the Sinanju and the Ex-S (just because of it's sheer size!). This kit is gonna be hard to top for a couple of years^^ (Or until we get the Sazabi next year if they release that as well!)

Edit: Have a photo now, too^^

Last edited by Appel; 2013-01-26 at 18:02.
Old 2013-01-26, 18:11   Link #28833
abc0716

Just received my shipment on yesterday afternoon...

Spoiler for The box:

Will build the kit during the 'long' CNY holiday on 2 weeks later.
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 18:48   Link #28834
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Edit: Have a photo now, too^^

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Looks awesome, mate Incidentally, that's more or less the same pose I have it in, except I decided to equip the beam sabre on the left hand. The Nu never ceases to amaze me. Sometimes, it catches a glint of sun on the psycoframe, really bringing the green out in contrast with the whites and blues of the suit's body.
Old 2013-01-26, 19:11   Link #28835
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
Looks awesome, mate Incidentally, that's more or less the same pose I have it in, except I decided to equip the beam sabre on the left hand. The Nu never ceases to amaze me. Sometimes, it catches a glint of sun on the psycoframe, really bringing the green out in contrast with the whites and blues of the suit's body.
It's true, the green, white and dark blue really do work together extremely nicely.
And putting those stickers under the green psycho frame pieces was simply ingenious!
Did you use the other stickers on yours? You know, those weird thick ones that are supposed to recreate that RG look? I left them off. I don't want stickers on my MGs :P As you can see I also used only the most essential decals. I just love this clean look, that is why I absolutely hate those tiny red markings. They kind of make Katoki kits look like they have the measles :P
Old 2013-01-26, 19:14   Link #28836
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I tried the waterslide decals, but half of them fell off I used the bigger ones to decorate parts of the kit, but that's about it.
Old 2013-01-26, 19:19   Link #28837
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I tried the waterslide decals, but half of them fell off I used the bigger ones to decorate parts of the kit, but that's about it.
I like to put decals on places that look too empty without them. Like the shield or the shoulders.
Old 2013-01-26, 19:24   Link #28838
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
EDIT: I'm almost done watching ZZ and I'm completely enamoured with Haman Karn. Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this - but are there any good (i.e. cheap, good service) online shops out there that sell PVC figures that ship internationally? Would appreciate it if you guys have some recommendations.
I don't know much about figures, but I think Hobby Search is quite reliable or you can ask the people in this thread. Btw, isn't HLJ also sell some figures?
Old 2013-01-26, 23:32   Link #28839
Sworra

Quote:
Great Work Appel on your MG Nu. Ver.Ka, Nice clean build that you done. I liked how you painted your stand red to match the symbol to its orginal colour. When i look at this MG more and more i want to build mine. I'm going to hold off for now cause i ordered the extra funnel pack. With all the reviews i seen i think it will hold up to 12 easy, just with the fixes i've seen alone. Again great job, Cheers!!!
Old 2013-01-27, 00:37   Link #28840
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Damn, I forgot to comment on Appel's pic. Nice work, App. Your photo looks dramatic. I like it how you able to make the deployed funnels look unattached to the stand. Applying minimal decals for this kit is also a nice choice. Nice paint on your stand, but I personally prefer the original black color :P. Oh, btw, do you plan to buy (or already bought) the Double Fin-funnel additional parts?

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy