AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-06, 15:25   Link #41
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

The OP is really nicely done. Fits the mood well, naturally the animation is impeccable. I'm very curious just what the little mechanical in the snow is, but perhaps I should wait and see rather then get spoilered now. As someone who watches several shows, and often on a varying schedule, I really appreciate having the chars named in the intro. Makes keeping track of who's who a lot simpler, especially when there isn't a wide variation in appearances between the females. I don't find the song so catchy that I'm liable to listen to it before every ep, but neither is it likely to annoy me to the point of not wanting to hear it again.

This is an ED. It is made of dango and crinkly paper effect. Honestly the ED seems somewhat misplaced, like it was originally conceived for a show aiming at a younger audience. Thematically appropriate, but a bit too cutesy for me. Also, every time I look at it, I'm reminded of the nearly identical jelly-ball critters that the semi-evil lady in Slayers has for pets... which just seems like a bad association for Clannad. I think I'll go back and watch that scene in the OP where the girl is running through the flowers again... 24fps FTW!
Old 2007-10-06, 17:07   Link #42
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Oh damn..I completely forgot to leave a message in this thread. I find the OP music better. Infact I have been listenin to it ever since i heard it in the promo of CLANNAd in the final episode of KANON. But presentation wise..that is video wise..the ED is very innovative..and inspite of appearing to be a childish song..still leaves u with a melancholic feeling all the time. It conveys the message of family well..and is definitely a well made ED.

As for BGM..I simply loved the music when Nagisa is introdused. Other than that I liked Kyou's BGM a lot too. These two BGMs stood out for me. The rest were nice..need to listen more
Old 2007-10-07, 09:09   Link #43
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Yay! I found someone who doesn't like the ED like me! But the ED originally wasn't childish--if you pay attention, the ED shares the tune of Nagisa's bgm, which both comes from 'A Tiny Palm', which is the last and final song in the game when you totally complete it.

As for the OP...I have my iTunes set to play it over and over again through out the day...wait for the PV release, the bridge of it is even more beautiful.
Old 2007-10-07, 09:28   Link #44
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I highly doubt that there will be a PV release of メグメル ~cockool mix 2007~. I don't think Key Sounds Label has ever released a PV for any of the theme song releases of the anime adaptations.
Old 2007-10-07, 09:57   Link #45
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Really liked the BG music and also the Opening as well, really sets the mood.

There was a peice of music at 1:30 into the episode and i have a feeling i've heard it somewhere before, mabey it's just me heh.

edit: nvm found the song

Last edited by Takuto19; 2007-10-07 at 15:55.
Old 2007-10-07, 22:28   Link #46
moyism
Wannabe Smut Writer

I guess this goes here, but for those that didn't know (I was one), Clannad TV also has a web radio series going as well... with Nakahara Mai (Nagisa Furukawa) and Inoue Kikuko (Sanae Furukawa) as the hosts!

First episode already aired and can be listened to at onsen.ag; seems to be on every monday. Pretty standard stuff for anime web radio but to have those two seiyuus hosting made it so much more entertaining. Definitely worth listening to for those that (somewhat) understand moonspeak
Old 2007-10-07, 23:31   Link #47
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

To get some perspective, for those who have played the game, almost all would agree that this new ED is very, very appropriate. It symbolizes everything about the mood of the story in a very simple animation.

BTW, is the single for the new OP and ED out yet?
Old 2007-10-07, 23:37   Link #48
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
BTW, is the single for the new OP and ED out yet?
It is scheduled for an October 11 release IIRC. I can't remember where I read that though.
Old 2007-10-08, 01:19   Link #49
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Hmmm, The music around 21:53 sounds really familiar for some reason...
Old 2007-10-08, 04:43   Link #50
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I seen the opening for Clannad, and I gotta say, I might have to get used to the song. I'm kind of used to Kanon's type of theme song...having that emotion of sadness in its theme song.
But I like the Opening for Clannad, its just that I have to get used to it though.
The ending is cute and it tells a story. I like how the ending is quite different than other endings themes that I have seen for other anime shows that I've seen so far.
Old 2007-10-08, 07:11   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
It is scheduled for an October 11 release IIRC. I can't remember where I read that though.
Funny enough, i also remember heard about that release date --- nothing can be found on amazon.jp, or cdjapan.

Hmm..
Old 2007-10-08, 07:20   Link #52
luckyovermind
hungry~

My favourite has always being "the sound of waves" version I. Such a great BGM
Old 2007-10-08, 07:25   Link #53
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
My favourite has always being "the sound of waves" version I. Such a great BGM
I've gotta agree that this is one of the better BGMs that I have listened to as well.
Old 2007-10-08, 09:10   Link #54
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
I highly doubt that there will be a PV release of メグメル ~cockool mix 2007~. I don't think Key Sounds Label has ever released a PV for any of the theme song releases of the anime adaptations.
Well seems like mis-used my words, as someone told me. I actually mean the full version of Megu Mell
Old 2007-10-09, 04:58   Link #55
Thingle
Banned

What's with the ED? Is it some kind of nursery rhyme of something? Well, it's a nice break from the usual JPOP.
Old 2007-10-09, 05:05   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Now i remember where the information for the OP/ED single release came from:

Link

October 26th.
Old 2007-10-09, 05:18   Link #57
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Now i remember where the information for the OP/ED single release came from:

Link

October 26th.
Oops, I guess I remembered incorrectly... LOL
Old 2007-10-11, 00:36   Link #58
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Clannad Music Videos

Was this posted already?
I guess this is the correct thread for this...

"Tsukasa Daikazoku", Awesome, IMO.
Old 2007-10-13, 02:15   Link #59
Revolution Boi

Send a message via AIM to Revolution Boi
Check these out:

www.myspace.com/revolutionboi

First two songs are remixes by XL Project

The last two were done by me
Old 2007-10-15, 05:24   Link #60
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I didn't know there were two different versions of the theme song "megumeru" for Clannad.
One version is the theme used for the opening and the other version is the original used in the preview for the next episode. Both sound the same, but the regular version seems to have the guitar and drums in the background while the "Cuckool mix" version of Megumeru just has the techno sound all the way through. I like both though.
A small question about the theme song though, are these the same artist that did the song for the game also?
"Dango Daikozoku" has grown on me...after watching episode 2 and waking up the next day, I had the song in my head first thing when I woke up.
Closed Thread