AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-10-10, 14:09   Link #321
Battler-kun

Mihawk's short bout against Jimbei was lol.
Can't remember it being in the manga...

But very hillarious anyways, how Mihawk launches an attack and send Jimbei flying, but didn't cut him anywhere.

It was nice to see so much action from Mihawk, but it should have been animated a little bit better, more fluent movements maybe.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 14:33   Link #322
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Mihawk's short bout against Jimbei was lol.
Can't remember it being in the manga...
That's because it wasn't in the manga .

Mihawk would most certainly defeat Jimbei on land; but if the latter is submerged underwater, the outcome could be different.
Old 2010-10-10, 16:33   Link #323
Battler-kun

Well, that may be because he is ...like a fish? lol

And Jimbei would defeat WB underwater easily...actually just anyone.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 21:24   Link #324
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Obviously WB, because WB will just drown and die without Jimbei having to do anything.
Old 2010-10-11, 01:21   Link #325
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

I actually wonder whether Haki or at least Haoshoku Haki (still can't spell it) might help DF users in water. Give them more time before they lose their strength or something.

It would be very weird to see Whitebeard drown, just like that...

Did anyone speculate on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Obviously WB, because WB will just drown and die without Jimbei having to do anything.
randomlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 02:53   Link #326
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Water can't be intimidated, and Haki obviously does nothing to help the user keep their powers. Hankcock could have used her powers in Impel Down otherwise.
Old 2010-10-11, 10:18   Link #327
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Not necessarily. Jimbei would occasionally have to pop out of the water to inflict a hit on his opponent, and Mihawk could use those moments as opportunities to slash at the whale-shark man. If Mihawk somehow falls in the water, then he's definitely screwed. There are quite a few scenarios that could arise from such a battle.
Old 2010-10-11, 11:15   Link #328
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Not necessarily. Jimbei would occasionally have to pop out of the water to inflict a hit on his opponent, and Mihawk could use those moments as opportunities to slash at the whale-shark man. If Mihawk somehow falls in the water, then he's definitely screwed. There are quite a few scenarios that could arise from such a battle.
Are you replying to the right post?
Old 2010-10-11, 11:39   Link #329
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I think he meant that if both combatants were underwater, Jimbei would win. That being said, I think Mihawk is one the only people who would still stand a chance against Jimbei in the water, even if he would be at a major disadvantage.
Old 2010-10-11, 13:08   Link #330
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I think he meant that if both combatants were underwater, Jimbei would win. That being said, I think Mihawk is one the only people who would still stand a chance against Jimbei in the water, even if he would be at a major disadvantage.
Yes, I understood that. But that's only one scenario. The opponent can also wait for Jimbei to resurface from the water before making their move, or they can even try to hit Jimbei while he's moving underwater with projectile-like attacks. I used Mihawk as an example since that is the discussion I initially began .
Old 2010-10-11, 13:16   Link #331
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
The opponent can also wait for Jimbei to resurface from the water before making their move, or they can even try to hit Jimbei while he's moving underwater with projectile-like attacks
Hes a fish. He can stay underwater indefinitely.
Old 2010-10-11, 13:20   Link #332
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Hes a fish. He can stay underwater indefinitely.
Right. But a smart opponent will know better than to jump in the water and challenge a fishman, no? If that's the case, Jimbei would have to get out of the water, or at least resurface from the water, in order to hit said opponent. This is what I mean by different scenarios.
Old 2010-10-11, 13:34   Link #333
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Right. But a smart opponent will know better than to jump in the water and challenge a fishman, no? If that's the case, Jimbei would have to get out of the water, or at least resurface from the water, in order to hit said opponent. This is what I mean by different scenarios.
Thats true, but I doubt Mihawk can finish Jimbei with one hit. I think you are underestimating Jimbei just a little bit.
Old 2010-10-11, 13:36   Link #334
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Thats true, but I doubt Mihawk can finish Jimbei with one hit. I think you are underestimating Jimbei just a little bit.
Oh, I'm not underestimating him. It would definitely take more than one slash to finish off Jimbei. This would probably be a long, drawn out, and tactical battle, to say the least.
Old 2010-10-16, 21:53   Link #335
Blackbeard D. Kuma

This week's episode was nice. Emphasis was put on battle strategies and tactical formations, both of which really catch my interest. Seeing the pacifista army assaulting hordes of pirates and thus halting their advancement towards Ace shows how much of a difference they can make. The shenanigans of Buggy's group are really angering Sengoku, seeing as how they're broadcasting their savior to the spectators at the archipelago when the Fleet Admiral wants the video feed to be cut off immediately. And of course, the big WTF moment of this episode goes to Squardo stabbing Whitebeard in the stomach. All in all, very entertaining for me.

Here is the preview for next week's episode: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/G...piece&type=flv
Old 2010-10-16, 21:57   Link #336
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Note to self: must flay spider forehead guy after saving son.

More seriously, this was a welcome upturn from last week. We get a little more of Mihawk vs. Vista, Tashigi gets to show off a little, Pacifista action (those things are terrifyingly effective), and betrayal. All in all, lots of nice stuff.
Old 2010-10-16, 23:53   Link #337
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Hancock was really manly this ep. No wonder Luffy doesn't want to marry her.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 00:35   Link #338
Aesthetic Shampoo

Good episode. They're extending the fight scenes really well. I thought there was a bit too much foreshadowing of the stab scene though, but i kind of imagined it would've happened right after Marco noticed Squardo was up there when i read the manga.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 00:48   Link #339
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
This episode was pretty good, but it really didn't feel as if a lot really happened. It was a lot of fighting with little story. Though it's understandable. It would of been silly to introduce this army of Kuma copies and not show them fighting a lot. They have to show how deadly they are.

I wrote my full thoughts on my review at Anime Vice
One Piece Episode 471 Review

Big plus side, no more Boa Hancock delusions.
Old 2010-10-17, 13:05   Link #340
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Big plus side, no more Boa Hancock delusions.
For now anyway.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote