Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-22, 10:38   Link #41
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
After reading the full chapter, I'm even more convinced that we'll have some huge plot twist involving Zoro,

Anyone notice how similar the setup was to the time when Luffy was saved by Dragon?

It's been years since I read the chapters which dealt with Zoro's arrival at the dojo, can't remember if he had family or not. It's highly unlikely that Silvers is Zoro's dad but there might be something...
Old 2008-08-22, 11:16   Link #42
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Anyone notice how similar the setup was to the time when Luffy was saved by Dragon?

It's been years since I read the chapters which dealt with Zoro's arrival at the dojo, can't remember if he had family or not. It's highly unlikely that Silvers is Zoro's dad but there might be something...
Yeah, and also Oda's not the type of author to run the same plot twice. Although young rayleigh does sort of look like zoro, but then again so does Beckman.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2008-08-22, 11:41   Link #43
Umaibo

Sentoumaru's appearance is based mostly on Kintaro (金太郎). xD

More examples

Old 2008-08-22, 13:00   Link #44
james0246

Does anyone else think that Kuma's body design (i.e. the similar body type that all the Pacifistas) could be based off of Dr. Vegapunk's own body design? Specifically, instead of copying Kuma's body for all the Pacifistas (effectively making it impossible to determine which is the Shichibukai and which is the simple soldier) the body type could instead be based on Dr. Vegapunk's body type, making it impossible to seek Vegapunk out since most associate the body with Kuma. So, no one would attempt to attack Vegapunk since he looks like Kuma and vice versa.
Old 2008-08-22, 13:07   Link #45
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

I have full faith that Oda won't send Zoro off from the crew; it just doesn't seem to be his style at all, after all Zoro's said about trust, etc. in the past. But man, that chapter almost got me. I mean, I knew Oda is too nice to kill Zoro, but all these close calls we've been recently getting are seriously bad for my heart. xD Silvers fighting is going to be the absolute shit, though. I'm dying to see it unfold.
Old 2008-08-22, 13:27   Link #46
bazerkaX
Clown Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
After reading the full chapter, I'm even more convinced that we'll have some huge plot twist involving Zoro, whether it involves him leaving the crew or not. Zoro's body is just too messed up right now for him to fight properly (he couldn't even move after he got hit by Kizaru's beam!). He'd need a lot of time to rest (definitely more than a mere 3 days) before his wounds are fully healed, and I doubt it would do his body much good if he gets forced into a big fight after diving 10,000 meters underwater to Merman Island. That's why I suggested the possibility of him going through the Mariejoa route so he'd have better healing time, since that's considered to be the "safer" path anyway (he'd just need a fake identity to go through that route, and that should be easily arranged in Sabaody's lawless areas). Again, I'm most certainly anticipating how Oda will handle Zoro's situation....

And as for Sentoumaru, it seems that he's Marine HQ's "captain of the science unit", according to his intro, as well as Vegapunk's bodyguard (as was already stated earlier in the thread). Considering his dialogue with Usopp, I wonder if his trait is to accidentally spill out secrets despite being such a "tight-lipped" person (sorta like Fukurou)? Maybe he'll give out little nuggets of info about Vegapunk throughout his fight with Luffy....
well didn't the same thing basically happen when zoro fought mihawk? life death situation. weakened. couldn't fight at full potential ahem arlong park?!
Old 2008-08-22, 13:46   Link #47
Fyria

There is some Korean/or such spoilers that indicate that Luffy has to work for while without his right hand (Zoro), it seems to be quite legit source and considering last events after Thrillber Bark it seems likely too.

Damn intense and awesome chapter... One Piece is awesome series but it hasnt been this intense for long time.
Old 2008-08-22, 14:02   Link #48
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Does anyone else think that Kuma's body design (i.e. the similar body type that all the Pacifistas) could be based off of Dr. Vegapunk's own body design? Specifically, instead of copying Kuma's body for all the Pacifistas (effectively making it impossible to determine which is the Shichibukai and which is the simple soldier) the body type could instead be based on Dr. Vegapunk's body type, making it impossible to seek Vegapunk out since most associate the body with Kuma. So, no one would attempt to attack Vegapunk since he looks like Kuma and vice versa.
No, we've seen vegapunk's body type... i think it was back when Kuma was explaining what he was and mentioning that vegapunk had the knowledge of what men would have 500 years from now... during the dialouge we could see a man from behind. holding out his arms i think in front of lots of machines... you couldn't see his face but you could still get an idea of his body type

Despite franky's guess that all the kuma's are twins or something, i still say that the kuma's had their bodies modified to look like Kuma... i'd even go as far to say Kuma himself, originally looked much different and was changed to that body type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
There is some Korean/or such spoilers that indicate that Luffy has to work for while without his right hand (Zoro), it seems to be quite legit source and considering last events after Thrillber Bark it seems likely too.
NOt sure how it could be legit... i mean, how would they know what Oda is gonna do long before he does it... if zoro did get seperated from the crew it would probably not happen for like another month, and i don't recall anything where oda leaks out what he's planning to do
Old 2008-08-22, 14:03   Link #49
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazerkaX View Post
well didn't the same thing basically happen when zoro fought mihawk? life death situation. weakened. couldn't fight at full potential ahem arlong park?!

Yeah, but the difference between that situation and this one is that Zoro's injuries from Kuma are several times worse than the cut that Mihawk gave him, since he had to literally endure Luffy's pain, in addition to his own. His loyalty to the crew was tested when he went up against Kuma in Thriller Bark, and it looks like it may be tested even further soon enough. I'm not saying that we'll get another situation like with Usopp in Water 7, but I can still tell that Oda is implying that something big involving Zoro will come to pass....

Quote:

That's... an interesting idea. However:

Judging from this image, Vegapunk doesn't seem so... broad. To be honest, I kinda had the thought that he would have a typical "mad scientist" look. Y'know, like Dr. Wily or something.
Old 2008-08-22, 14:23   Link #50
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

After this Kuma business, one question still bothers me. If Kuma's body is enhanced by WG, then when did that happen? Before he became a Shichibukai or after? And regardless of when that happen, why? Since, we are getting closer to Vegapunk, we may get an answer on that soon.
Old 2008-08-22, 14:26   Link #51
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I don't see Zoro splitting from the crew, but I guess if it did happen, we would get to see a lot more sword fights with brooke.

It also seems likely that law and Kidd will come to the aid of the strawhats and perhaps some other supernovas will join in too. Wouldn't be too surprised if the 4 supernova's that Kizaru took out get up for another round.
Old 2008-08-22, 14:33   Link #52
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
It also seems likely that law and Kidd will come to the aid of the strawhats and perhaps some other supernovas will join in too. Wouldn't be too surprised if the 4 supernova's that Kizaru took out get up for another round.
I don't think that will happen. The others are also in Luffy and others' position: they are pretty worn out already. They may not even fight at half their power forget about the whole. And, after the last few fights it became clear that the rookies still need to improve a lot, as suggested by the strength comparison made by Shakky. They need a huge power-up, don't know how, be it haki or anything else, but they definitely need something extra.
Old 2008-08-22, 14:46   Link #53
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
After this Kuma business, one question still bothers me. If Kuma's body is enhanced by WG, then when did that happen? Before he became a Shichibukai or after? And regardless of when that happen, why? Since, we are getting closer to Vegapunk, we may get an answer on that soon.

As I've said before, Sentoumaru's our best bet at learning more about Vegapunk. Still, I'll guess that (original) Kuma became a Pacifista after becoming a Shichibukai, since he's already powerful enough with his DF ability. Furthermore, according to Perona, Kuma was known as a "tyrant" when he was still an active pirate, yet now he's a loyal government dog. Therefore, I'd say that he got his cybernetic upgrades in exchange for government benefits....
Old 2008-08-22, 16:49   Link #54
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Maybe Vegapunk is someone that cannot be completely controlled, and Kuma was the result of his out-of-government-control experimentation.
Old 2008-08-22, 17:03   Link #55
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Let me clarify my use of the word "training". Besides the fact that Zoro is known to train every single day, I did not mean that Zoro would go off and sit under a waterfall to contemplate himself and his relationship with the universe. Rather, as I said, he would become separated, maybe presumed dead, and have to find his way back to the Strawhats (fighting all along the way). During his journey to rejoin the crew, he could encounter a sword master (similar to his old sensei) who would give instructions as to the next stage of Zoro's training, or the teacher could put Zoro through a task similar to what Sanosuke went through when studying under Aoji in Rurouni Kenshin (i.e. if Zoro does not learn how to cut through diamond, the sword master will kill Zoro).

Obviously this type of story path is a little cliché (it does help, though, that Oda worked under Watsuki ), but, currently, Zoro is at a plateau in his abilities with no clear answer as to how he can progress. He has shown nothing new in the past two semi-major fights (Ryuuma and Odz (and I guess Kuma/PX-4)) when before he had displayed new abilities in every fight. So, Zoro needs some serious training to step up to the challenges that will be found in the New World.
So in other words you want a side story with one of the main characters....

NO WAY!
Old 2008-08-22, 18:20   Link #56
noktown

Why a side story,i think its kind of good what james thought of ,i mean it doesn't have to be a full story about Zoro being separated and then just for months showing Zoro alone,it could be something mysterious where we see Zoro only a couple of times per like 4 chapters,where we see his healing process and maybe something about his new training and stuff like that,i think that might happen cuz yeah Zoro has been through alot lately and its most likely that someone is going to heal Zoro like you know,some mysterious dude that's known but has never been seen or something like that,just an example lol,but i think Zoro needs a treatment,i think it would be even strange if Oda made him suffer like that and then just left it alone,because the pain he had suffered would kill not just a regular human but most of the non-regular too,Zoro has survived somehow but i'm sure something is still not right about him,he couldn't just heal in this short amount of time...

Its not like i want Strawhats to seperate,but i think something special is going to happen,none of them know what happened to Zoro except for Sanji,maybe if Chopper knew,he could do something about it and maybe check Zoro's condition...
Old 2008-08-22, 18:45   Link #57
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I really like this chapter, so intense! This series is severely overlooked.

It takes the whole SH crew to beat one Pacifisa, I wonder how it measures against the real Kuma? Wow, Oda sure showed us how miniscule the SH are still in the One Piece world.
Old 2008-08-22, 18:53   Link #58
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Maybe Vegapunk is someone that cannot be completely controlled, and Kuma was the result of his out-of-government-control experimentation.

And on THAT subject, here's some food for thought: What if Vegapunk is from Ohara? It's already kinda been hinted that there may be other survivors of Ohara when Aokiji told Robin that "Ohara hasn't fallen yet" in Water 7. Maybe Vegapunk is one of those surviving scholars? I'm not going to jump to conclusions like saying that he's Robin's father, because we don't know enough about Robin's family to make such a wild guess, but there's still the possibility that he came from the island. He may have even used his vast knowledge of history as inspirations for his current inventions like the Pacifista....

Hey, it wouldn't be so far-fetched for the government to have one of their worst enemies working on their side. I think the Shichibukai alone are good enough proof of that.
Old 2008-08-22, 19:29   Link #59
chitgoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Why a side story,i think its kind of good what james thought of ,i mean it doesn't have to be a full story about Zoro being separated and then just for months showing Zoro alone,it could be something mysterious where we see Zoro only a couple of times per like 4 chapters,where we see his healing process and maybe something about his new training and stuff like that,i think that might happen cuz yeah Zoro has been through alot lately and its most likely that someone is going to heal Zoro like you know,some mysterious dude that's known but has never been seen or something like that,just an example lol,but i think Zoro needs a treatment,i think it would be even strange if Oda made him suffer like that and then just left it alone,because the pain he had suffered would kill not just a regular human but most of the non-regular too,Zoro has survived somehow but i'm sure something is still not right about him,he couldn't just heal in this short amount of time...

Its not like i want Strawhats to seperate,but i think something special is going to happen,none of them know what happened to Zoro except for Sanji,maybe if Chopper knew,he could do something about it and maybe check Zoro's condition...
zoro can take over the cover story mini arcs hehehe
Old 2008-08-22, 20:36   Link #60
Monkey D. Luffy

Zoro maybe departing from the crew for a while to maybe do some soul searching or train or what not, does seem plausible but i'd like to think that there could also be some other more extensive scenarios which could play out.

I want to say that maybe he starts doubting himself and his ability and somehow begins to look down on himself and the crew, but that seems to similar with what happened with Ussop but Zoro being the First Crewmate and being one of the strongest might add some more critical tension to the story if that were to happen. Or maybe this turns out to be the initiating point to some great powerup that he receives later on.

Personally, I wouldn't mind it if this turned out to be the moment were Zoro comes to a big realization in his mind. Whether it's something like he feels as if he has become too soft or he feels his isn't progressing as fast or maybe even feels like a nuisance or something completely different. Whichever it is, it would in turn affect Zoro and his character self image that would lead to something else. That just my opinion.

Anyway it looks as if Rayleigh managed to make some solid contact with Kizaru there at the end and deviated the beam, so it looks like this will the chance to see their extents and capabilities.
Closed Thread