AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-09, 12:29   Link #841
hai_san

As a german speaking person... each time Fam introduced herself as "Fam Fan Fan of Kartoffel" which translate as Fam Fan Fan of Potatoe i must smile to myself xD
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 13:39   Link #842
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Yeah, when I think about it, the way the crew of the Silvius acted when Fan and company arrived was way to casual, relax, and not very surprised. Even the new listening girl was very jovial, as if they are in on a joke.
Thats how i saw it as well. No one was surprised when they showed up, like the whole event was planned.

The way i see it is that the crew of the Slivius already knew of Fam and the Sky Pirates reputation. After all they have been highly successful in stealing Ades ships and have not been caught. Given that the Silivus is a pro at intelligence gathering they know all this information.

Now lets say you need some ships stolen who would turn too? You cant outright go and ask them that would give away your position. However, you can have them come to you by using your ship as bait. Tatiania knew that Fam couldn't resist trying to take the Silvius as a prize and would come to them. Honestly, if im right it was the perfect plan to get what she needed. She probably also knew what Fams personality would be like, probably from Dio, hence her goating Fam into stealing the ships knowing she couldn't say no.

When you need something done and cant do it yourself, you call an expert. I know very little about electrical wiring so i have a problem in my house i call an Electrician. Simple yet effective strategy.
Old 2011-11-09, 14:13   Link #843
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
When you need something done and cant do it yourself, you call an expert. I know very little about electrical wiring so i have a problem in my house i call an Electrician. Simple yet effective strategy.
There is a small difference here with hiring an expert. Tatiana don't have to paid them for their services, beside letting them leave the Silvius...alive.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 14:52   Link #844
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
There is a small difference here with hiring an expert. Tatiana don't have to paid them for their services, beside letting them leave the Silvius...alive.
LOL i guess their payment is they keep breathing
Old 2011-11-09, 15:40   Link #845
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The epilogue of Last Exile pretty much established that Holly was living with Claus, Lavie, and Alvis at their farm. As to why her parents entrusted her to them, maybe the Mad-Thanes figured that Claus and Lavie, being who they are, would be able to keep her safe.
Is she living with them, though, as a permanent arrangement? My thought would be more either since they all came in on Exile, they all settled (for the time being, the immediate time following their landing) around the same area, so the Mad-Thanes being there, but Holly going out and hanging with Al since they're all nearby. Or the Mad-Thanes asking Claus and Lavie to watch her while they, idk help Sophia and whoever else explore and/or get into contact with the people already on Earth,
Old 2011-11-09, 15:44   Link #846
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
...I must say the character i am enjoying the most is Giselle. Not only do i love her VA's voice but she seems real in her fears and apprehensions....
For those who happen not to know, the VA is Yuuki Aoi, who this year has played thirteen roles, including Madoka in Madoka Magica, as well as Iris in Pokemon BW, Victorique in Gosick, Alice in Ikoku Meiro no Croisee, Tooru in A Channel, and currently Suzu in Horizon and the fujoshi character Hana in Ben-Tou.

Here is the most recent photo of her, from the announcement yesterday of a new series of short animes to start December 17 as part of an anime TV show:

The series is called Yakimochi Kyousoukyoku Kapurisu ("Jealousy Rhapsody Caprice"), and stars Ao-chan and Hanazawa Kana as a kitten and a puppy who think they are human girls and are always competing with each other for supremacy. This reunites the two seiyuu, who did such a good job together in the underappreciated Yutori-chan series of short animes early in 2010.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 16:03   Link #847
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For those who happen not to know, the VA is Yuuki Aoi, who this year has played thirteen roles, including Madoka in Madoka Magica, as well as Iris in Pokemon BW, Victorique in Gosick, Alice in Ikoku Meiro no Croisee, Tooru in A Channel, and currently Suzu in Horizon and the fujoshi character Hana in Ben-Tou.

Here is the most recent photo of her, from the announcement yesterday of a new series of short animes to start December 17 as part of an anime TV show:

The series is called Yakimochi Kyousoukyoku Kapurisu ("Jealousy Rhapsody Caprice"), and stars Ao-chan and Hanazawa Kana as a kitten and a puppy who think they are human girls and are always competing with each other for supremacy. This reunites the two seiyuu, who did such a good job together in the underappreciated Yutori-chan series of short animes early in 2010.
As always you are on point thanks for the info i actually looked up some info on her last week and realized why her voice was so familiar to me. Im just in love in her voice its so soothing for some reason. Like i could believe anything she says no matter how crazy it would be
Old 2011-11-09, 17:01   Link #848
azarhal

Quote:
the VA is Yuuki Aoi
I didn't like her voice at first as Giselle, but it have grown on me now and I'm starting to really like it.

Quote:
Madoka in Madoka Magica
Madoka, Homura, Sayaka and Kyōko are now aboard the Silvius.
Old 2011-11-09, 17:16   Link #849
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
I was enjoying the episode but as soon as I saw the Silvius -- and then TATIANA in action I literally started shaking with excitement! Especially while wearing the uniform. At that moment, I just did this:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

However, I will say that I was a little disappointed that Fam didn't get to show off her skills a bit more. But that's alright, the entire episode was just awesome sprinkled with incredible.
Tatiana basically showed the one weakness the Sky Pirates have, they are not really trained or equipped for vanship verses vanship combat, Fam at least "passed." I look forward to Fam and Gisey working to correcting that.

But you are right. It was awesome sprinkled with incredible!
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 17:18   Link #850
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Do you really believe that Tatiana will let her steal her ship?
It didn't work the first time because of the watertight doors. Now Fam and Gisey know what to expect.
Old 2011-11-09, 17:42   Link #851
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow episode 04 went by lightning quick.

Let's see...liking Millia's new look with the shoulder length fanned out hair...probably my favorite anime hairstyle really dating back to Sailor Mercury from the good old 90's. She and Fam are now really hitting it off and again it feels like they've got about as much chemistry going on as Fam and Gisey do. Also liked the really nice touch of Dio still thinking about Lucciola and not wanting Millia to touch anything in his seat. I think even letting her sit there may have been a big step, but he seems to have a mentor like relationship going on with her like he does with the rest of crew.

So anyway, this makes 1 for 3 in Fam's attempts to raid and capture ships (so far the only success was the Turan flagship) and now apparently Tatiana wants her to capture 15 of them from Ades?! I'm not so sure about that...Dio must have mentioned something to her about Fam's ship capturing ability, but it doesn't seem to be working out lately so they'll clearly need a better plan and the Silvius help in doing so, but it looks like she'll be out of her league yet again next episode.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 18:23   Link #852
YayPepsi

The mention of Lucciola made me so sad. I'm glad Dio finally brought him up though. I was worried that no one was ever going to mention him again. He was my favorite character in the original Last Exile. Hopefully he gets more little shout-outs (maybe even shows up in some flashbacks/dream sequences?) I'm sure Dio misses him a lot.
Old 2011-11-09, 20:44   Link #853
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
As a german speaking person... each time Fam introduced herself as "Fam Fan Fan of Kartoffel" which translate as Fam Fan Fan of Potatoe i must smile to myself xD
You know how small country villages have plant names sometimes. Is it funny the author choose a Co. of pirates to have a name "Potato"?
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 20:52   Link #854
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
well considering that the area's staple crop is such, i'm not surprised really.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 21:10   Link #855
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
I didn't like her voice at first as Giselle, but it have grown on me now and I'm starting to really like it. Madoka, Homura, Sayaka and Kyōko are now aboard the Silvius.
To be honest, I wasn't so sure about the voice Yuuki Aoi was using here at first myself. It seemed too artificial or something. But now I think of it as unique rather than odd, and it is working for me, bringing out her nature and feelings.

Ao-chan has said she thinks of Giselle as Fam's "wife," but also as the third character, and sees her role as supporting the relationship between Fam and Milia. She said she was thinking back to how other seiyuus had supported her in some of her roles, and trying to do as they did.

Great catch about all the Madoka Magica seiyuus on board. But I don't see Nonaka Ai (Kyouko in MadoMagi).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 21:54   Link #856
azarhal

Quote:
Great catch about all the Madoka Magica seiyuus on board. But I don't see Nonaka Ai (Kyouko in MadoMagi).
My mistake with Nonaka Ai, she's not it it...I confused it with Kayano Ai.
Old 2011-11-09, 22:13   Link #857
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Teddy is so cute!
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 22:48   Link #858
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Dubious Move

I enjoyed watching the girls having dinner as a family. I did enjoy the tender moments Millia and Fam spent bonding and discussing what to do with the Sylvius. But, I feel a little remorsed, because I secretly desired for Fam failing to capture the Sylvius.

That's because the Sylvius is comandeered by veteran character from the previous Last Exile, Tatiana Wisla, and with all honesty Tatiana hasn't lost her edge as a superb pilot. Of course, in no way I'm detrimeting Fams' piloting skills, but Tatiana's older and far experienced, and in good light I liked how her friend, Alice, is now depicted as a more open person in comparison to the previous series.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 22:58   Link #859
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Incidentally one of the funnier observations about the episode by one of the commenters in the usual places I hang out was the fact that it was surprising how alluring Alister's voice was this time around. Curious, I whipped out some episodes of Last Exile, and lo and behold, it is a little huskier now. I think all that's missing is an 'Ara-ara' to complete the onee-sama image.
Old 2011-11-09, 23:08   Link #860
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Incidentally one of the funnier observations about the episode by one of the commenters in the usual places I hang out was the fact that it was surprising how alluring Alister's voice was this time around. Curious, I whipped out some episodes of Last Exile, and lo and behold, it is a little huskier now. I think all that's missing is an 'Ara-ara' to complete the onee-sama image.
Heh, if just once someone (possibly Cecily) called Alister "Alister-onee-sama" in show...

Last edited by Stevie_Nix; 2011-11-09 at 23:14. Reason: Spelling

Tags
adventure, science fiction