AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 02:59   Link #201
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw1388 View Post
I think that Makoto is the biggest pimp in anime history!
Pimps don't die. Makoto does.
Old 2007-09-27, 21:33   Link #202
bullrogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw1388 View Post
I think that Makoto is the biggest pimp in anime history!
agreed....no wonder why everyone hates him. I didnt feel bad at all when everyone blocked his number..i applauded. but episode 12....well..lets say karma's a b!thc
Old 2007-09-27, 21:52   Link #203
Wheelman56

Makoto definitely could have avoided getting killed if he wasn't so stupid. Having interests in many girls is just human, but the way he went about it was just terrible. Stringing Kotonoha along for so long instead of telling her right off the bat how he felt when he started having feelings for Sekai... then doing the same thing again to Sekai, which ultimately lead to his death. Another big "WHOOPSIE" was when he made out with Kotonoha right in front of Sekai, a big gg to him on that one. If all three of them would have just sat down and talked about it right then instead of those two making out in front of Sekai, Makoto could have spared himself from a knife in the stomach. And then he was stupid enough to recommend a hospital for abortion from Kotonoha.

Moral of the story, if you are going to have sex with many girls like our good friend Makoto, at least be a man about it and tell the truth.
Old 2007-09-27, 22:28   Link #204
zoozoc
Anime is my drug....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelman56 View Post
Makoto definitely could have avoided getting killed if he wasn't so stupid. Having interests in many girls is just human, but the way he went about it was just terrible. Stringing Kotonoha along for so long instead of telling her right off the bat how he felt when he started having feelings for Sekai... then doing the same thing again to Sekai, which ultimately lead to his death. Another big "WHOOPSIE" was when he made out with Kotonoha right in front of Sekai, a big gg to him on that one. If all three of them would have just sat down and talked about it right then instead of those two making out in front of Sekai, Makoto could have spared himself from a knife in the stomach. And then he was stupid enough to recommend a hospital for abortion from Kotonoha.

Moral of the story, if you are going to have sex with many girls like our good friend Makoto, at least be a man about it and tell the truth.
and remember kids, always wear protection.
Old 2007-09-28, 00:01   Link #205
butter_sashimi

Someone please explain to me why this half baked pimp never answers serious direct questions properly. Sometimes its not his actions that piss me off but his lack of.

Here's what I mean with some examples:
"Are you Kotonoha's bf still?" ---> "um...."
"You're my bf right?" --> "....."
"What are you trying to do with Kato....what about Sekai?" ---> "uhh..."
"You'll be my dance partner?" ---> "umm, that.."
And with the most recent:[/I]
"So its now my turn to be abandoned the moment Im preganant?!" ---> "That...."

Maybe its possible to have bad oral skills but c'mon!
Old 2007-09-28, 00:33   Link #206
fieryshadowcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash002 View Post
Pimps don't die. Makoto does.
OMG! Quoted for truth!

That is the single greatest line I have seen in this thread.
Old 2007-09-28, 01:03   Link #207
alphabetdude
SKBP KID

" Pimps don't die.Makoto does.
Lol , I agree that should be quote of the week
I had mad respect for Makoto till he screwd up in the end ,Playas can go all FOUR QUARTERS !!! They always step up in crunch time , they dont choke .
I cant believe he just let Sekai kill him that easy , I mean if a girls runs up and tries to stab you ,youre supposed to dodge or sidestepped or atleast block the knife with youre arm or something. And if shes on top trying to stab , just push her off you and run like crazy. He was just pitiful and If a player is going down at least they go off in style. That was just sad way to leave the world.

PLUS :
Pimps also dont get killed by their hoes , lol
Old 2007-09-28, 04:21   Link #208
Wheelman56

I think the very beginning and the very end were the only times I had any respect for Makoto. It was quite tragic, yet poetic, how he was finally redeeming himself but got shanked.

Too little, too late I suppose.
Old 2007-09-28, 10:46   Link #209
VABG
Without Avatar

I felt like he was acting like a bastard from when he started cheating right until his very end. I would care about his death if he ever felt any real regret for what he had done and not just anger over what he's lost. Makoto is one of the most childish characters I've ever seen and I hate him.
Old 2007-09-28, 10:59   Link #210
Julius Firefocht

Good riddance Makoto. You were amusing in life, but you were a downright comedy in death. Burn in hell, and may the God-Empress show mercy on you, for we most certainly will not.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2007-09-28, 20:59   Link #211
full metal x

No don't tell the truth plan it out. Don't let some girl scare you unless she crazy enough to kill you then don't associate with those girls in the beginning
Old 2007-09-28, 21:23   Link #212
alphabetdude
SKBP KID

'' No don't tell the truth plan it out. Don't let some girl scare you unless she crazy enough to kill you then don't associate with those girls in the beginning "

Yup , make sure the person youre playing is not a psycho and is harmless. But Cmon , we all know violence and humans are just a natural combo regardless of what people say. So overall do not do the Makoto and if you do make sure you can fight or overpower your girl if she snaps after finding out you cheated.

Makoto was an interesting character but gave men a bad reputation. I feel sorry for the japanese guys , now they have to be weary of their girlfriends or girls overall lol.
Old 2007-09-28, 23:20   Link #213
smk
Kamina is epic win

Honestly, Makoto wasn't so bad starting out... until Episode... 5 or 6 anyway. His death was justifiable but a bit to the extremity because who honestly kills a boyfriend for the reasons of cheating on her millions of times? I don't think anyone has and if they have, they weren't sane. Sekai clearly was sane but she was shocked by what she had done. The dumbest part of the episode was that she went onto the rooftop despite knowing Kotonoha would be there to kill her. Isn't it ironic that she dies on the place she originally had lunch with Makoto and Kotonoha as well as got access to in the very first episode? A lot stuff happened on that rooftop... it will now be known as a historic place for Makoto, Sekai, and Kotonoha! Simply because of those factors + Sekai's death on it.

Sweet irony...

Anyway, Makoto needed to die despite how stupid it is to take someone's life away just because they cheated on you more than once. It was clear Makoto wasn't in his right mind when he made his choices and some of his choices weren't made by him (ie: Setsuna blocking Kotonoha on his cellphone). Honestly, the guy is an indecisive and shy jerk. He can't answer simple yes or no questions or explain himself well at all. It's like he's a 10 year old trying to explain why he hasn't done his homework yet when it is 10:00 PM at night...

Yay for his death?
Old 2007-09-29, 02:55   Link #214
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by butter_sashimi View Post
Someone please explain to me why this half baked pimp never answers serious direct questions properly. Sometimes its not his actions that piss me off but his lack of.

Here's what I mean with some examples:
"Are you Kotonoha's bf still?" ---> "um...."
"You're my bf right?" --> "....."
"What are you trying to do with Kato....what about Sekai?" ---> "uhh..."
"You'll be my dance partner?" ---> "umm, that.."
And with the most recent:[/I]
"So its now my turn to be abandoned the moment Im preganant?!" ---> "That...."

Maybe its possible to have bad oral skills but c'mon!
That's how the average harem male talks, sadly. It's why people got sick of harem anime so fast - the male lead was a wimpy, spineless, piece of dirt who is surrounded by tons of amazingly hot women all wanting to bang him and cater to his every whim.

Male fantasy, pretty much.

If there is one thing to applaud School Days for, it shows what happens when the spineless guy who screws around with women (physically and emotionally) gets what he REALLY deserves.
Old 2007-09-29, 04:04   Link #215
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by smk View Post
Honestly, Makoto wasn't so bad starting out... until Episode... 5 or 6 anyway. His death was justifiable but a bit to the extremity because who honestly kills a boyfriend for the reasons of cheating on her millions of times? I don't think anyone has and if they have, they weren't sane. Sekai clearly was sane but she was shocked by what she had done. The dumbest part of the episode was that she went onto the rooftop despite knowing Kotonoha would be there to kill her. Isn't it ironic that she dies on the place she originally had lunch with Makoto and Kotonoha as well as got access to in the very first episode? A lot stuff happened on that rooftop... it will now be known as a historic place for Makoto, Sekai, and Kotonoha! Simply because of those factors + Sekai's death on it.

Sweet irony...

Anyway, Makoto needed to die despite how stupid it is to take someone's life away just because they cheated on you more than once. It was clear Makoto wasn't in his right mind when he made his choices and some of his choices weren't made by him (ie: Setsuna blocking Kotonoha on his cellphone). Honestly, the guy is an indecisive and shy jerk. He can't answer simple yes or no questions or explain himself well at all. It's like he's a 10 year old trying to explain why he hasn't done his homework yet when it is 10:00 PM at night...

Yay for his death?
Sekai has a responsibility for creating such a monster so she should have the responsibility to stop what she started - sayonara makoto

anyway - i refuse to believe that makoto has even begun to mature during the last two episodes. He may have realised that kotonoha has been there for him the whole time during the scene in episode 11 and then happen to "rediscover" his lost feelings again but the way i look at it is this superficial love is as fragile as any other of his "supposed" i love you(s)...

a load down on makoto's "i love yous" so far -

1) kotonoha
2) sekai
3) otome - hikari
4) messy 4some
5) zomg everyone is ignoring me! ill just take what i can get...
6) ...which leads onto him bumping into kotonoha
7) ???? now where does sekai come into all this?

He didnt think for once about sekai's feelings when he was busy phoning around looking for free sex right? i cannot call someone who acts that way as being mature.

Even after he "loved kotonoha AGAIN" the way he treat sekai like shit is goddam retarded.

1) the kiss in front of her knowing full well how sekai felt.
2) the text HINTING that she should have an abortion - or at least check to see if she is pregnant (and i dont think the results would change even if she is pregnant).

Sekai at this point has reached snapping - though she didnt get the empty look in her eyes she did feel the need to end his misery. *good job*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-29, 06:49   Link #216
Echoes

I think the last episode proved that he's not just your average, stupid teenager who's high on hormones. After being abandoned by all of his partners, he went around and felt sorry for himself. He bumped into Kotonoha, as luck would have it, and he's back in business.

He actually sent Sekai a text message telling her to get an abortion. A TEXT MESSAGE. You'd think something that important, something he's responsible for, should at least warrant a confrontation? He's actually got the nerve to decide on his own "You're getting an abortion, now get to it, I ain't got all day." "Oh, and by the way, I don't love at all, I found someone much better, she's not pregnant or anything!"

Not to mention the french-kissing he did right in front of her, he doesn't have any right to call himself a man, nay a human being. I would agree with the statement that Makoto never matured. He's a coward, in every sense of the word. He never steps up to any responsibilities, and doesn't even have the guts to answer when asked a direct question.
Old 2007-09-29, 07:24   Link #217
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

The best character around. And is someone we can look up to, well not really.But pretty much a average person with a reckless attitude.
Old 2007-09-29, 08:33   Link #218
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I think the last episode proved that he's not just your average, stupid teenager who's high on hormones. After being abandoned by all of his partners, he went around and felt sorry for himself. He bumped into Kotonoha, as luck would have it, and he's back in business.

He actually sent Sekai a text message telling her to get an abortion. A TEXT MESSAGE. You'd think something that important, something he's responsible for, should at least warrant a confrontation? He's actually got the nerve to decide on his own "You're getting an abortion, now get to it, I ain't got all day." "Oh, and by the way, I don't love at all, I found someone much better, she's not pregnant or anything!"

Not to mention the french-kissing he did right in front of her, he doesn't have any right to call himself a man, nay a human being. I would agree with the statement that Makoto never matured. He's a coward, in every sense of the word. He never steps up to any responsibilities, and doesn't even have the guts to answer when asked a direct question.
A perfect example of lust and sloth.
Old 2007-09-29, 08:43   Link #219
Echoes

If you want to put a label on it, sure, he's lustful and sloth-ridden. However, he's also gutless, since he refuses to even answer questions when he's already on the phone.
Old 2007-09-29, 08:47   Link #220
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
spineless you mean

Makoto is just a classic example of what NOT to be like when you are growing up - or else the consequences are dire

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread