AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 57 54.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 29.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 10.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-16, 00:07   Link #121
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
That scene was especially highlighted for me when he tells they guy to ask for forgiveness after he has actually done something wrong.
Actually I believe his words where..."Repent for your habitual behavior before your sins!"

Anyway am I the only one who thinks this isn't the last time we'll see Chloe? I mean if she really does love Lawrence she just can't let him walk away right?

Also was it just me or did Horo take Chloe's cloak as some kind of sign of victory? It would be so cool if it was.
Old 2008-02-16, 00:32   Link #122
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Wearing the "skins" of your vanquished (or taking their head to absorb their power) is a classic N.Eur. tradition (well... before that "one church" showed up ).
Old 2008-02-16, 01:07   Link #123
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well considering she gave clearance for the group to kill Lawrence I don't think she'll be tracking him across the countryside. Besides has her roots back in the village so just don't think she'll be going much further than she already is.

Nice touch taking the cloak at any rate. Has good symbolic meaning and probably handy to have something like that to go through the city with. Hood a necessity for covering her ears up while she did some shopping.
Old 2008-02-16, 01:22   Link #124
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I see a lot of complaints about the animation but I can't really find anything wrong with it. I think its nice and fitting for the show. Everything doesn't have to be like Kyoani good.
Old 2008-02-16, 01:40   Link #125
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well considering she gave clearance for the group to kill Lawrence I don't think she'll be tracking him across the countryside. Besides has her roots back in the village so just don't think she'll be going much further than she already is.

Nice touch taking the cloak at any rate. Has good symbolic meaning and probably handy to have something like that to go through the city with. Hood a necessity for covering her ears up while she did some shopping.
she was planning to open a shop in that town and she wanted Lawrence as a "partner". She most likely will find herself another partner. I think that is the end of Chloe in the anime.
The thing is that bacause she is an anime original we can't tell from the source material.
Old 2008-02-16, 02:07   Link #126
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye... we don't know if they'll use her as a substitute for any novel character in the second half..... so we can't rule Chloe retired for the game

There's also still a queasy chance they'll pull an anime-only ending.
Old 2008-02-16, 13:42   Link #127
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
aye... we don't know if they'll use her as a substitute for any novel character in the second half..... so we can't rule Chloe retired for the game

There's also still a queasy chance they'll pull an anime-only ending.
or a second season.. lets hope! although i hate the wait -_-
Old 2008-02-16, 14:37   Link #128
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Actually I believe his words where..."Repent for your habitual behavior before your sins!"
Ah those were the words, sounds much better

You know I wouldn't mind if they stretch S&W out into an epic. The amount of different stories they could cover with their travels to the north would be great. We could see Lawrence bartering and Horo eating their way up to the north.

How ever they end it, Lawrence would have to set up a trade route to ensure that Horo gets her supplies of apples.
Old 2008-02-16, 14:55   Link #129
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Ah those were the words, sounds much better

You know I wouldn't mind if they stretch S&W out into an epic. The amount of different stories they could cover with their travels to the north would be great. We could see Lawrence bartering and Horo eating their way up to the north.

How ever they end it, Lawrence would have to set up a trade route to ensure that Horo gets her supplies of apples.
yeah infact im very surprised that its only a 13 episode show.. with a story like this, id definetly expect it to be atleast a 24/26 episode season to really do it justice.. anyone else think so?
Old 2008-02-16, 15:45   Link #130
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Most of the crowd thinks they made a tactical error at least in regard to the story.

BUT its an unusual story - so the guys with the $$$$ undoubtedly wanted to test the water conservatively. Really conservatively (animation budget, length).

I'm glad they didn't cut back on the art though. The art isn't hyper-realistic but it has a nice "stained glass" or "woodcut type" feel to it - and they save the money shots for close ups on important character moments.

A 12 ep cycle per novel would be good ..... and from what I've heard the second through current novels are much denser. The first novel lent itself fairly well to a six episode "summary" adaptation - but I've read that some of the readers of the second novel are concerned that it will suffer deeper slashes in adaptation because of the limited time budget (not read the second novel yet).

I guess I should try to get a feel for the buzz in Japan over this and the actual ratings, how well the merchandise is selling. If they keep the production budget the way it is ... it wouldn't have to be a HUGE hit to be worth additional seasons.

I did hear someone say there might be an OVA ... but I suspect that it'll be a mild comedy "on the road" light-hearted thing.
Old 2008-02-16, 22:20   Link #131
Kaguya
an idler

Quote:
I guess I should try to get a feel for the buzz in Japan over this and the actual ratings, how well the merchandise is selling. If they keep the production budget the way it is ... it wouldn't have to be a HUGE hit to be worth additional seasons.
I think that sales of S&W novels are the best in the genre of the light novel.
There are four volumes in best 100 ranking of Amazon.co.jp.
I ordered to whole volume Amazon.co.jp. But I cannot obtain Vol.2 until the middle of March because it was sold out.
Although the release of DVD is on April 2, it is already in the 89th ranking.

Quote:
I did hear someone say there might be an OVA ... but I suspect that it'll be a mild comedy "on the road" light-hearted thing.
I think that the OVA is EP7.
I think that the story is the event between EP6 and EP8 because they dare to be expressing it as EP7 in all 13 episodes.
There is a side story that is the sequel of EP6 in Vol.7 of the novel.
It is a light-hearted story of 120 apples and new clothes for Horo.
I think that it is EP7.
Old 2008-02-16, 23:11   Link #132
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Most of the crowd thinks they made a tactical error at least in regard to the story.

Hmmm not an error, but a wish to watch mooooarrrrrrrrr

A mild comedy on the road thing would be something I would love to see. I want to see how their relationship develops and see how they affect all those merchants on their journey.
Old 2008-02-17, 01:09   Link #133
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
I think that sales of S&W novels are the best in the genre of the light novel.
There are four volumes in best 100 ranking of Amazon.co.jp.
I ordered to whole volume Amazon.co.jp. But I cannot obtain Vol.2 until the middle of March because it was sold out.
Although the release of DVD is on April 2, it is already in the 89th ranking.

I think that the OVA is EP7.
I think that the story is the event between EP6 and EP8 because they dare to be expressing it as EP7 in all 13 episodes.
There is a side story that is the sequel of EP6 in Vol.7 of the novel.
It is a light-hearted story of 120 apples and new clothes for Horo.
I think that it is EP7.
That would make sense^^ I heard the 7th novel were a collection of side stories so it would sorta tie everything together. If 7 is what you said (which ties nice with what the anime ended 6 with^^) Gah I hope they get icensed^^ Can't get enough Horo^^
Old 2008-02-17, 06:30   Link #134
x1an

somewhere in the end i thought that horo's going to leave lawrence but i guess i was wrong :P
Old 2008-02-17, 12:50   Link #135
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity85 View Post
That would make sense^^ I heard the 7th novel were a collection of side stories so it would sorta tie everything together. If 7 is what you said (which ties nice with what the anime ended 6 with^^) Gah I hope they get licensed^^ Can't get enough Horo^^
Completely with you there. Even if I couldn't watch the rest via anime, would be happy to just sit down and read. Nothing wrong with reading a good story after all.

On the other side, good job by Ayako with the extra information put in at the end of the episode. Maybe you learn a lot from talking on the forums, but its still a nice touch.
Old 2008-02-17, 13:44   Link #136
cowteats

Quote:
On the other side, good job by Ayako with the extra information put in at the end of the episode. Maybe you learn a lot from talking on the forums, but its still a nice touch.
Thanks for the compliment. I am actually reading the light novels as well, but at a rather slow pace. The extra information at the end of the episodes are to cover any explanation in the novel either omitted or done poorly in the anime.

Anyway, have fun speculating what's going to happen next, I shall not spoil. :P
Old 2008-02-17, 14:43   Link #137
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I love "end of episode" subber-supplied stuff (remembers the Guide to Kamichu! appendices fondly)
Old 2008-02-17, 19:40   Link #138
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Very nice episode, lesson 1 for today, don't anger Horo! The whole sewer scene was done really well I thought, the fear everyone there had of her, and the protectiveness she had over Lawrence at the end there was good
Old 2008-02-17, 22:45   Link #139
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Of subs and such...

Quote:
I'll have to look up the Ayako for the next episode. I've been going with [BSS] since they seem to have the quickest turn around on subs.

Quote:
Ah! Vexx has caught the dansen fever! Although it's easy to see why with that avatar.
Old 2008-02-18, 06:02   Link #140
zero7090

is there any translation of the novel ?
Closed Thread