AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 56 39.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 33.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 16.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 9.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.70%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-15, 02:59   Link #261
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ah I thought he was referring to the shopping scene in Gundam SEED Destiny 47...
Old 2008-05-15, 08:14   Link #262
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The defining scene of the episode was actually the end of it and how they blended Sheryl's concert into what was happening with the SMS and such. The characters are firmly established and now it's time for some intricately animated dogfights again and possibly lots of missiles. I hope.
Just watched it (i know its terribly late, many assignment due and stuff)

but i have to agree on this statement, the scene where alto and co goes off and blended with Sheryl's concert was gold

and then followed with diamond crevasse.. dammit

pure sex i tell you, 10 out of 10
Old 2008-05-15, 08:46   Link #263
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I found the disappearing on the cockpit too abrupt when compared to the earring's. That made things confusing.
Old 2008-05-15, 09:26   Link #264
Westlo
Lets be reality

Episode 6 got a 2.0% rating which is slightly up from episode 5's 1.9%.
Old 2008-05-15, 11:27   Link #265
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
i think i'm little late for this episode
but whatever

Spoiler for episode 6:
Old 2008-05-20, 19:15   Link #266
Traece
:cool:

This episode like all the other Macross episodes to date was just golden.
I've been hooked easy on this series since Ranka broke in to song and dance in the first episode... The earring thing was actually terribly cute, and romantic. I think if Sheryl saw him do that, there would be a really cute couple moment directly afterwards.
Old 2008-05-23, 10:47   Link #267
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Finally Had The Time To Watch The Ep...Good Ep
I Really Loved Sheryl ..
I Give it 9/10...Gonna Go Watch Ep 7 Now ^.^
Old 2008-05-23, 15:29   Link #268
Wesley84

After watching episode 7, the build up at the end of this episode was completely unwarranted.
Old 2008-05-23, 21:36   Link #269
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Unfortunately so. But if watched from 6, then 7, it would fit better.

I do like how Diamond Crevasse was used to company Quarter's launch.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-24, 11:09   Link #270
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Unfortunately so. But if watched from 6, then 7, it would fit better.

I do like how Diamond Crevasse was used to company Quarter's launch.
No, I mean, the ending of six doesn't lead at all well into what actually happens in seven. Some people seemed to fully expect characters to die in the battle. What we got was a party.
Old 2008-05-24, 12:27   Link #271
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
No, I mean, the ending of six doesn't lead at all well into what actually happens in seven. Some people seemed to fully expect characters to die in the battle. What we got was a party.
Oh, that. True, especially with the mood of Diamond Creveasse and how the Quarter heads off into the unknown. On the other hand, I liked it; and you're right, it did setup people's expectations and then turn them on their heads.

I kinda get the feeling that the production team was going "Okay so who do we kill?" and Kawamori's going "We can't kill anyone yet, and one-shotting the Konig Monster would be ridiculous, never mind that all 3 of Houko Kuwashima's roles in a mecha series have died," and somebody goes "Why not keep them all alive for the lulz?" and everyone goes "ZOMG YES LIVING PEOPLE FOR LULZ!"

after 1 am I tend to be a bit crazier. Frontier is a chance for Kawamori and Studio Nue to get it right and make up for 7, and to take Macross tropes in a different direction (whether they'll do so is of course up in the air).

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-24, 12:43   Link #272
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Frontier is a chance for Kawamori and Studio Nue to get it right and make up for 7, and to take Macross tropes in a different direction (whether they'll do so is of course up in the air).
Perhaps to also explain (or even fix) the WTF end of Macross Zero.

Old 2008-05-24, 12:55   Link #273
Wesley84

Quote:
Oh, that. True, especially with the mood of Diamond Creveasse and how the Quarter heads off into the unknown. On the other hand, I liked it; and you're right, it did setup people's expectations and then turn them on their heads.

I kinda get the feeling that the production team was going "Okay so who do we kill?" and Kawamori's going "We can't kill anyone yet, and one-shotting the Konig Monster would be ridiculous, never mind that all 3 of Houko Kuwashima's roles in a mecha series have died," and somebody goes "Why not keep them all alive for the lulz?" and everyone goes "ZOMG YES LIVING PEOPLE FOR LULZ!"

after 1 am I tend to be a bit crazier. Frontier is a chance for Kawamori and Studio Nue to get it right and make up for 7, and to take Macross tropes in a different direction (whether they'll do so is of course up in the air).
Well, dying is one thing, but Episode 7 was about as far from a nail biter as you can get. You didn't sense any real amount of danger at any point and time. Also, Houko's got a nice fall back character in Nanase, who is more of a primary character than Karaina at this point, and is unlikely to die.
Old 2008-05-24, 18:43   Link #274
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I think the whole point of Episode 7 was that it was supposed to be an anti-nailbiter; Diamond Crevasse sets up the expectations of deaths and all.... then Episode 7 shows up and we're all too busy screaming "HOLY FUCK THE AWESOME" to be in any sense of nail-biting. It is, afterall, a long music video.

As for Nanasa.... Houko had her fallback charecter in Fllay Allster, who also got killed, and Fllay and Natarle had arguably equal screentime. And then there was Stellar...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-05-27, 03:17   Link #275
herbert

Quote:
As for Nanasa.... Houko had her fallback charecter in Fllay Allster, who also got killed, and Fllay and Natarle had arguably equal screentime. And then there was Stellar...
I'd be too happy if it happens.

At first I rather Luca to die if pineapple salad is necessary as he is my least caring character, but now I wanta his love interest to die instead (I'm so evil). Nanase is plainly annoying.
Old 2008-05-27, 06:08   Link #276
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I'd be too happy if it happens.

At first I rather Luca to die if pineapple salad is necessary as he is my least caring character, but now I wanta his love interest to die instead (I'm so evil). Nanase is plainly annoying.
Real life girls are annoying. Truth in Television.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-06-01, 07:10   Link #277
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
yes. the shouta must die.

Old 2008-06-13, 04:50   Link #278
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I just got done watching all six episodes in one sitting and I have to say I'm more then impressed I am in total awe about this series. Having been a fan of "Robotech"
then seeing the original version I must admit this brings back so many memories...

Oh and to respond to this...

Then you kids don't know Macross...As soon as you think things are going one way you're tossed a complete carve ball in the end. Not that I'm cheering for either of them all I'm saying is just wait and see before you jump the gun because you never truly know until it's all over...
Not to bring back an old thread, but I have to correct you. Son. I started watching Robotech when I was 6. About 10 episodes into it, I knew who was going to get the prize(if you can call ending up with Rick Hunter a prize). Someone I be-friended more than 10 years later, was also a fan of the show when it first aired. We discuss Macross/Robotech all the time, and even he knew Minmei wasn't going to win.

I've got a 99.9% success rate on picking this stuff. If there is a conclusion to this 'love triangle', it will be Sheryl and Alto.

I've watched every anime that is Robotech/Macross. I own every DVD, English and Japanese alike. I even had the models back in the 80's before I lost them(I moved in with my dad in 93' and couldn't take anything with me). I've read all the books. Ranka's a sweet girl. She's far better than Minmei could ever hope to be(Do You Remember Love version couldn't even compare). But she's not going to get Alto's heart. If it's to be taken.

By the way, Alto is a much better male lead than Rick Hunter. I always said, Rick never truly deserved Lisa. If you read the Robotech books, you'll see that more and more.
Closed Thread