AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-03-02, 20:27   Link #23481
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
I would think if you were stranded in an arctic region without clothing that would be a severe lack indeed. ... Just sayin'

Edit: Pageclaim: For the most interesting when taken out of context line I've made in a while.

Last edited by TheShinySword; 2010-03-02 at 20:37.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 20:40   Link #23482
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Oh Shiny I absolutely love it!

Vice is awesome, and on that note, I really don't write about my favourite couple often enough! So here's a little something that's a bit limely. Nothing explicit happens, but there's a severe lack of clothing involved

Spoiler for Morning People:
Ha! That was a good one. I must suggest to my wife, the morning person of our relationship, that she tries to sexually harass me awake.

[QUOTE=TheShinySword;2940490]Hmmm what a serious Forum, I guess you don't need me here to lighten it up.

Too bad.

Anyone remember School House Rock?

Spoiler for Lyrical Girl Rock: Mr. Scrya:

Watch the original and get the song stuck in your head forever. (though not quite as stuck as some of the other ones.

*picks self off the floor after laughing* What does it say about me that I knew the music already without watching the original version?

And hey, spawn, America Rock, well, rocked! I got through a fifth-grade history project once solely on the strength of one of 'em! Although "Elbow Room" is pretty epically un-PC...
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 20:53   Link #23483
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
I'm pretty ignorant of the Triangle Hearts universe, but recognize a few of the imports. How much of this is tied to that?
As far as the original Triangle Hearts canon goes, not all that much. All I really did was take TH characters and modify them for the MGLN world so they would fit in better. Heck, Elise isn't even an official TH character; she only appeared in the OVA!
Old 2010-03-02, 21:00   Link #23484
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Well, considering the OVA takes place after the game (which I guess follows Shinobu's route), Elise is a TH canon character.
Old 2010-03-02, 21:20   Link #23485
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
*picks self off the floor after laughing* What does it say about me that I knew the music already without watching the original version?

And hey, spawn, America Rock, well, rocked! I got through a fifth-grade history project once solely on the strength of one of 'em! Although "Elbow Room" is pretty epically un-PC...
I didn't need the original version either; I just watched it for nostalgia.
But Grammar Rock is just that much better.

I posted My Own Blindness from a while ago, in case anyone's paying attention.

Last edited by spawnofthejudge; 2010-03-02 at 22:02.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 22:05   Link #23486
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
And here I am, still behind by a chapter. Intriguing details are beginning to come out. Here's what I got out of the story:

1) A Shadow, undercover in this "Hellhound" gang, took part in the assassination of a family.

2) The eleven-year-old daughter of that family, the sole survivor of the attack, took revenge on the killers, including the Shadow, by using a machine gun belonging to her father.

3) Hayate and Auris continue to spar for control of the situation.

4) Meanwhile, Auris has an agent in place within the prisoner's security detail, undoubtedly Up To No Good(tm)...

I do have to wonder about that machine gun, though. Since Raven has a car name, that implies she's not actually an Earth native. Accordingly, why did her father have a working, banned mass weapon from Earth? And how did she get the ability, at her age, to defeat an entire gang of trained killers? Is she a magical prodigy a la Nanoha/Fate/etc. (even given the use of said mass weapon as a plot-advancing MacGuffin...)? And does all this tie in to just why her family has on some gang's hit list to begin with (and, indeed, what Naval Intelligence resources were being used for to spy on said gang?)? Lots of questions hiding sneakily under the surface...
Take all the time you need, you always leave such interesting reviews !

About the machine gun...it comes up in the next part a little, but the time delay between reports showed that basically gang comes, kills Raven's family, she finds her family dead, picks up her father's gun and finds them, taking them by surprise . Part of why I made it a machine gun is because then she can just hold the trigger and kill them all before they really have a chance to react . I didn't think that an 11-year old could do anything magical that would be deadly enough (unless she's Nanoha) so I went with Earth weapons instead .

And ah....are the car names only for Midchildans? @_@ And I thought I was being so clever! Er....she's mixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I'm really not planning to go either way with Elise getting hurt at this point, so it's not an issue to me that this time around her injury wasn't as shocking. It's kind of something that I needed to have to get her down and out for the events of the next chapter.

RB: Here, why don't you go on vacation?
Elise: *suspicious* Why?
RB: ...Just because.
Elise: No, I won't leave them.
RB: I need you out of the way for the next chapter!
Elise: *stubbornly silent*
RB: *shoots her* Done!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 22:10   Link #23487
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post

RB: Here, why don't you go on vacation?
Elise: *suspicious* Why?
RB: ...Just because.
Elise: No, I won't leave them.
RB: I need you out of the way for the next chapter!
Elise: *stubbornly silent*
RB: *shoots her* Done!
I'm afraid to say that this is actually true.
Old 2010-03-02, 22:15   Link #23488
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
I'm afraid to say that this is actually true.
Ack... ***Note to self: Always stay on RB's good side***
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 22:20   Link #23489
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Okay, finished this earlier today, but needed RB to preread it, since it's one she demanded I write... and hopefully, the humor works.^^

Red Jewel Diaries

Chapter 10: Vivio and Corona's Excellent Adventure

Previous parts, and the rest of my fanfiction, can be found here.

Spoiler for Red Jewel Diaries, Chapter 10: Vivio and Corona's Excellent Adventure:

Spoiler for Author's notes:
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 22:31   Link #23490
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Okay, finished this earlier today, but needed RB to preread it, since it's one she demanded I write... and hopefully, the humor works.^^

Red Jewel Diaries

Spoiler for Red Jewel Diaries, Chapter 10: Vivio and Corona's Excellent Adventure:

Spoiler for Author's notes:
All I have to say is: it's way too easy to tell you had a lot of fun with this.
Old 2010-03-02, 23:15   Link #23491
Jimmy C

Quote:
About the machine gun...it comes up in the next part a little, but the time delay between reports showed that basically gang comes, kills Raven's family, she finds her family dead, picks up her father's gun and finds them, taking them by surprise . Part of why I made it a machine gun is because then she can just hold the trigger and kill them all before they really have a chance to react .
Trouble with the machinegun is recoil. Unless she's already trained in holding it down, she's unlikely to get more than one or two shots off before it's spraying bullets everywhere. If not flying out of her hand altogether.

Quote:
Red Jewel Diaries, Chapter 10: Vivio and Corona's Excellent Adventure
Quote:
"Actually, I've only come by to congratulate you on your role," the cloaked man replied, spreading his arms. "Well done! She has been tested yet again, and this time she passed. She failed the first test, but now this shows she is almost ready.
I wonder exactly what kind of test was Cloaked Guy administering to Rio? I mean, it hardly seems like he had planned to test Vivio or Corona, given the circumstances that led to the two witnessing an unrelated kidnapping and then going after the kidnappers by themselves without backup.
A minor point, but Vivio ought to feel constricted by her clothes when she shifted to adult form. Without a device, I doubt she can conjure up an adult wardrobe. Either that, or she'd rip them some.

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2010-03-02 at 23:39.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 23:32   Link #23492
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Trouble with the machinegun is recoil. Unless she's already trained in holding it down, she's unlikely to get more than one or two shots off before it's spraying bullets everywhere. If not flying out of her hand altogether.
Daaaaaamn ....

Hm, that changes things a little.....I hadn't wanted to go into too much detail about Raven, but it looks like I'll have to to ease out the story knots ....
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 00:26   Link #23493
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Threw up Morning People to FF.net before headin' off to bed.
Old 2010-03-03, 11:26   Link #23494
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Not my fic but...

Nanoha 1/2 updated to the end of the A's arc. Now there's going to be a time skip.

Really, it's a really good fic.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 11:29   Link #23495
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
I would think if you were stranded in an arctic region without clothing that would be a severe lack indeed. ... Just sayin'

Edit: Pageclaim: For the most interesting when taken out of context line I've made in a while.
But what are the odds of that happening... *ominous music plays*

Quote:
Daaaaaamn ....

Hm, that changes things a little.....I hadn't wanted to go into too much detail about Raven, but it looks like I'll have to to ease out the story knots ....
Not necessarily. Depending on what weapon she used, there might have been a 3 round burst limiter. In fact, I'd be more surprised if there weren't if the weapon was military issue. That would make controlling the weapon a lot simpler. Not to mention that 10 year old children routinely handle assault rifles here on Earth all the time, so it isn't that big of a problem for Raven to do so from a physical perspective.

Quote:

Red Jewel Diaries

[SPOILER="Red Jewel Diaries, Chapter 10: Vivio and Corona's Excellent Adventure"]Red Jewel Diaries
/SPOILER]
Awesome. That chapter was definitely time well spent.

Actually, at first I thought the kidnappee was the newer iteration of Lutecia, obviously the recent spate of Vicia stories are getting to me.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 11:47   Link #23496
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
All I have to say is: it's way too easy to tell you had a lot of fun with this.
Yes. Yes I did. :P Besides the first scene, I pretty much wrote the beginning to end in one sitting late into the night, not going to bed until it was complete. Of course, then I had to proof-read it the next day...

Quote:
I wonder exactly what kind of test was Cloaked Guy administering to Rio? I mean, it hardly seems like he had planned to test Vivio or Corona, given the circumstances that led to the two witnessing an unrelated kidnapping and then going after the kidnappers by themselves without backup.
A minor point, but Vivio ought to feel constricted by her clothes when she shifted to adult form. Without a device, I doubt she can conjure up an adult wardrobe. Either that, or she'd rip them some.
Cloaked guy: Hmm, perhaps I need to make it a bit more obvious. He actually was testing Vivio. He's a bit smarter than normal, more of a chessmaster type of villian, so it was he who arranged things. However, on second look, that connection seems a bit weak, so I think I'll tweak things a bit more. He's basically been throwing random tests, not all of which Vivio has caught on to; this was one that did.

Adult-form: Good catch. I actually hadn't decided on special stretch clothes, or a singular magical wardrobe, or something else; so I kinda forgot to add that. I'll do some thinking on plausibility and make some tweaks.

Thanks for the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Awesome. That chapter was definitely time well spent.

Actually, at first I thought the kidnappee was the newer iteration of Lutecia, obviously the recent spate of Vicia stories are getting to me.
Heh, at first I didn't list her hair color, because I wanted to keep it a surprise. But I decided to add the hint to see who could figure it out. Glad you enjoyed it!
Old 2010-03-03, 12:54   Link #23497
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Decisions 4 up on FF.net

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5774003/4/Decisions
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 13:20   Link #23498
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijo View Post
Cloaked guy: Hmm, perhaps I need to make it a bit more obvious. He actually was testing Vivio.
I know that, I was pointing out Vivio's involvement was the most unlikely part of the entire chain of events.

Quote:
However, on second look, that connection seems a bit weak, so I think I'll tweak things a bit more. He's basically been throwing random tests, not all of which Vivio has caught on to; this was one that did.
The problem with this one is Vivio's involvement in it is awfully contrived and could not have happened without a lot of external factors coming together at the right time to make it happen.
Consider, on one side, he motivated a mediocre criminal gang to kidnap a girl Vivio doesn't even know. Not only that, this kidnapping happens at exactly the right time that day for Vivio to see it. What if the kidnappers had decided to kidnap Rio another day? What if Vivio didn't feel motivated to get involved beyond calling the authorities?
Then there's the other side, what got Vivio involved and kept her persuing the criminals despite several opportunities to turn the chase over to higher authorities. First, Vivio and Chorona came out of the gym just in time to witness the kidnapping. Had they come out earlier, they would have left the premises before the kidnapping happened. Had they came out later, they wouldn't have witnessed it at all. Second, had Nove and Arisa not knocked themselves out, Vivio would probably have let them decide how to handle the situation.
In short, the way I see it, Cloaked Guy might as well have started an incident on the other side of the city to test if it would get her attention at all, let alone see how she would handle it. Without taking into account that someone else might resolve the incident without Vivio ever knowing about it.
It's a poor test when you can't restrict the variables to the test subject(s) and as few external factors as possible.

Quote:
Good catch. I actually hadn't decided on special stretch clothes, or a singular magical wardrobe, or something else;
You already mentioned she's wearing her normal school clothes and the kidnapping happened on the Saint Church Academy grounds. So there's no way she's wearing anything special. And I don't think she can conjure up clothes without a device she doesn't have yet.
And don't forget Vivio's comm terminal.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 13:30   Link #23499
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

About this clothing issue... well, couldn't she just use transformation magic? Worked for the Lieze twins, and its apparently easy enough to do without a Device.

I should note that I actually haven't gotten around to reading the chapter yet so I don't know the specifics, so correct me if transformation magic isn't possible here.
Old 2010-03-03, 13:48   Link #23500
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
I know that, I was pointing out Vivio's involvement was the most unlikely part of the entire chain of events.

The problem with this one is Vivio's involvement in it is awfully contrived and could not have happened without a lot of external factors coming together at the right time to make it happen.
Consider, on one side, he motivated a mediocre criminal gang to kidnap a girl Vivio doesn't even know. Not only that, this kidnapping happens at exactly the right time that day for Vivio to see it. What if the kidnappers had decided to kidnap Rio another day? What if Vivio didn't feel motivated to get involved beyond calling the authorities?
Then there's the other side, what got Vivio involved and kept her persuing the criminals despite several opportunities to turn the chase over to higher authorities. First, Vivio and Chorona came out of the gym just in time to witness the kidnapping. Had they come out earlier, they would have left the premises before the kidnapping happened. Had they came out later, they wouldn't have witnessed it at all. Second, had Nove and Arisa not knocked themselves out, Vivio would probably have let them decide how to handle the situation.
In short, the way I see it, Cloaked Guy might as well have started an incident on the other side of the city to test if it would get her attention at all, let alone see how she would handle it. Without taking into account that someone else might resolve the incident without Vivio ever knowing about it.
It's a poor test when you can't restrict the variables to the test subject(s) and as few external factors as possible.
Part of the problem is that I can't explain too much, so I'm debating removing him for now, until I can write the scene which explains quite a few things. I'm at least writing the test part out, to make it less obvious for now so I don't have to deal with the questions. It would require too many spoilers to explain exactly what's going on behind the scenes right now(Lucious mentions they had an inside man at the church, but he doesn't know the half of it). You can consider that, he's thrown out quite a few with some careful prodding, a lot of which Vivio didn't notice. And if she didn't notice this one, or fail to jump into action, it would have been another failed test.

But like I said, I can't fully explain what's going on behind the scenes right now as it would spoil things, so if there's not a good way I can phrase things, then I'll probably end up removing him. I just wanted to hint at things for the future.

Quote:
You already mentioned she's wearing her normal school clothes and the kidnapping happened on the Saint Church Academy grounds. So there's no way she's wearing anything special. And I don't think she can conjure up clothes without a device she doesn't have yet.
And don't forget Vivio's comm terminal.
Yeah, ironically came to the same conclusion, so modifying her comm terminal to store a couple of sets it is.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha