AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-13, 23:42   Link #2061
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

You can manually copy the missing sound files directly from your installer CD.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 23:44   Link #2062
Yoyoenix91
~Umineko save issues!~

Send a message via AIM to Yoyoenix91 Send a message via MSN to Yoyoenix91 Send a message via Yahoo to Yoyoenix91
I see... WOAH. I'M MISSING A LOAD OF SOUND EFFECTS. o_O;

I only had 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 of the se_umi sound effects... I was missing more than 75% of the sound effects, and whatever is in the ME folder, it seems.

Edit: Okay, got the sound effects and music pieces I was missing... gah, I feel like I missed out on something. And it's not like Umineko has any choices, so I have even less drive to get back to re-reading it. . _ .;

Last edited by Yoyoenix91; 2009-07-13 at 23:59.
Yoyoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 00:16   Link #2063
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I'd understand if you weren't on Japanese locale when you installed this. But I'm wondering why ahaha.wav wasn't there.
Old 2009-07-14, 00:20   Link #2064
Yoyoenix91
~Umineko save issues!~

Send a message via AIM to Yoyoenix91 Send a message via MSN to Yoyoenix91 Send a message via Yahoo to Yoyoenix91
I wasn't. I installed under English locale, without Applocale either. I had a similar problem with missing files with CHAOS;HEAD, because I didn't install it with Japanese locale.

So... think it's easy to re-read Episodes 1 through 3, or is it kind of redundant? I might have to wait a while before I ever considered doing that.
Old 2009-07-14, 00:23   Link #2065
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyoenix91 View Post
I wasn't. I installed under English locale, without Applocale either. I had a similar problem with missing files with CHAOS;HEAD, because I didn't install it with Japanese locale.

So... think it's easy to re-read Episodes 1 through 3, or is it kind of redundant? I might have to wait a while before I ever considered doing that.
It all depends on your perspective. I love rereading EP 3 personally, but EP 1 just drags so much the first half, it's better if you just skip to the first twilight or afterward if you're replaying XD; That's just me. Of course before the 1st twilight all the funny scenes are around, like the airport and boat scenes.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 00:57   Link #2066
Yoyoenix91
~Umineko save issues!~

I see. Well, at least I got the resources to replay all these things, if I ever uninstalled. I even have a ton of visual novel patches on my flash drive, in case they get yanked or CoD'd, like the Higurashi and CHAOS;HEAD translations.

By the way, I love your avatar. xD
Old 2009-07-15, 03:31   Link #2067
UnknownBeast

W-H's next patch should have "READ THE README" in its filename next time...

This is as bad as those people that watched Kai instead of S1 for their first run...
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 08:55   Link #2068
Yoyoenix91
~Umineko save issues!~

Eh... if you're referring to how I botched the installation of the game from the disc, give me a little credit. Naturally, one might not download the patch with the Readme that says to install in Japanese locale until after they installed the game to see if it worked in Japanese itself. ^_^;
Old 2009-07-15, 10:07   Link #2069
metronome
Mad Loli

Anyway, I am wondering about something here(dunno if I put this on the right thread or not).
Basically,
I used the translation patch by witch-hunt to play umineko Episode 2(episode 1 included).
Now let's say I have umineko Episode 4(episode 1-3 included), how should I transfer the save files?
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 10:09   Link #2070
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

You can't transfer saves. But if you've saved just after you've finished a certain episode, you can just use the Unlock feature in the following Episodes.
Old 2009-07-15, 10:13   Link #2071
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
You can't transfer saves. But if you've saved just after you've finished a certain episode, you can just use the Unlock feature in the following Episodes.
Will I also get the Tea Party, Tips, and ???? from each episode unlocked too?
Old 2009-07-15, 10:14   Link #2072
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
Will I also get the Tea Party, Tips, and ???? from each episode unlocked too?
Yes you will. Only one you won't get them from is EP 4 until you play and finish it, but EP 1 2 and 3 will be all there.
Old 2009-07-15, 10:18   Link #2073
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Yes you will. Only one you won't get them from is EP 4 until you play and finish it, but EP 1 2 and 3 will be all there.
Hmm, that's reassuring, since I haven't used the unlock feature at all.

Thanks for all info guy, I will leave rep+ for you two
Old 2009-07-16, 15:20   Link #2074
Gnark
Nyaa!

I just want to leave my thanks to witch-hunt + helpers.
Just finished the demo, and waiting for vol.4 to arrive in mail.
You did a great job! thanks
Gnark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 17:45   Link #2075
pariah164
Stand By, Ready, Set Up

Send a message via AIM to pariah164 Send a message via MSN to pariah164 Send a message via Yahoo to pariah164
A friend of mine is trying to run the game, with patch, on Vista, and is having problems. Anyone here play Umineko on Vista?
pariah164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 17:49   Link #2076
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariah164 View Post
A friend of mine is trying to run the game, with patch, on Vista, and is having problems. Anyone here play Umineko on Vista?
I do. What's the problem exactly?
Old 2009-07-17, 17:54   Link #2077
pariah164
Stand By, Ready, Set Up

Send a message via AIM to pariah164 Send a message via MSN to pariah164 Send a message via Yahoo to pariah164
For some reason, it just doesn't run. She claims it's because of Vista, but I don't know. She ran offline for a moment; I'll try and get more details once she returns, maybe even direct her here.
Old 2009-07-17, 17:58   Link #2078
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariah164 View Post
For some reason, it just doesn't run. She claims it's because of Vista, but I don't know. She ran offline for a moment; I'll try and get more details once she returns, maybe even direct her here.
Well it's not because of Vista I can run the game fine on mine. Is it installation problems or just general running.
Old 2009-07-17, 18:00   Link #2079
pariah164
Stand By, Ready, Set Up

From the screencap I saw, she had it installed correctly. Though it was a bit small... I really can't tell you more till I get her back on AIM. On top of that, I'm going out soon. I'll point her here, though.
Old 2009-07-17, 19:00   Link #2080
June 1983

If the size looked small, it might not have installed correctly. If the locale hasn't been set to Japanese properly, it tends to install without a whole bunch of the files -- the same thing happened to me. I have Vista Home Premium, so I had some troubles at first since the ordinary method (installing languages) doesn't work. Anyway, if she's missing sound, it's pretty certain that it's because it didn't install properly and the sound files didn't get transferred.

Make sure she has switched the locale to Japanese and then have her reinstall it. I think you can copy & paste the missing files from the CD to the installation, but it might be easier to just tell her to do it over again.
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation