AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-31, 11:00   Link #341
KaizenStrife

Do you guys have sheet music for Girl's DeMo songs?? I really want to make covers of their music...Too much K-on covers on the interwebz
Old 2010-07-31, 11:20   Link #342
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
and btw, will there be another upcoming OST in the future ? ;_;
Nothing has been mentioned on the official site, plus i don't see why one will happen seeing as though pretty much the whole score from the series has made it onto the soundtrack release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Ya some of the songs like Niku Udon I am not really sure that had used in the anime.
It was used in the series.
Old 2010-07-31, 13:40   Link #343
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What about "Deochi" then, cause I certainly don't remember it being used in the series .

Also songs I've rather liked from the OST so far: Theme of SSS, evening breeze, girl's hop, My most precious treasure, operation start, decisive battle, firing preperation, breakthrough, Ichiban no Takaramono, soul friends, My most precious treasure orgel, unjust life, otonashi, and angel flight. Theme of SSS being my favorite.

Also I had expected the Kanade theme to be something more than the Naoi flashback music, so not really one of my favorite tracks .
MAL
Old 2010-07-31, 16:43   Link #344
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Nothing has been mentioned on the official site, plus i don't see why one will happen seeing as though pretty much the whole score from the series has made it onto the soundtrack release.
..Yeah, I think I can see that...
But I can't help but want to listen more of the songs lol. It's probably because that I just want to listen more of Iwasawa's song that I want a new album...albeit the low probabilty.

Guess I should've just wait for Maeda's new work then

Old 2010-07-31, 21:03   Link #345
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Was the original Ichiban no Takaramono ever used in the series? I think I like the Yui version better, but both are equally as touching.

I love how pieces like "burial" and "walkure" can be used for great comedic effect.

"kanade" gives off an airy feeling of lying in a light sunflower field, butterflies floating about, recalling something from the distant past. It gives off this feeling that I just can't place my finger on what it is.

"theme of SSS" is just plain epic. I think the piano represents the struggling in their unjust lives and the sadness of death. The violin represents the will to keep fighting on and moving forward. It definitely deserves to be called the theme of SSS as think it represents it perfectly. Same goes for "otonashi."

I also love listening to the battle themes, like "decisive battle", "critical point", "desperation", and "breakthrough."

The orgel version of "my most precious treasure" is simply beautiful. It just becomes breathtaking when the violins kick in.

Maeda Jun is definitely very talented in creating musical masterpieces that fit the mood perfectly. Looking forward to what he'll throw at us next.
Old 2010-07-31, 21:51   Link #346
icyhandofcrap
crap translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Was the original Ichiban no Takaramono ever used in the series? I think I like the Yui version better, but both are equally as touching.

I love how pieces like "burial" and "walkure" can be used for great comedic effect.

"kanade" gives off an airy feeling of lying in a light sunflower field, butterflies floating about, recalling something from the distant past. It gives off this feeling that I just can't place my finger on what it is.

"theme of SSS" is just plain epic. I think the piano represents the struggling in their unjust lives and the sadness of death. The violin represents the will to keep fighting on and moving forward. It definitely deserves to be called the theme of SSS as think it represents it perfectly. Same goes for "otonashi."

I also love listening to the battle themes, like "decisive battle", "critical point", "desperation", and "breakthrough."

The orgel version of "my most precious treasure" is simply beautiful. It just becomes breathtaking when the violins kick in.

Maeda Jun is definitely very talented in creating musical masterpieces that fit the mood perfectly. Looking forward to what he'll throw at us next.
The original version of Ichiban no Takaramono was used in ending for episode 13. The Girls Dead Monster version was used in episode 10.
Old 2010-07-31, 22:09   Link #347
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I still couldn't find which track is the Dark Tenshi theme.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-07-31, 22:42   Link #348
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I still couldn't find which track is the Dark Tenshi theme.
Dark Tenshi's theme is "Operation Start", Disc 1, Track 11.
Old 2010-08-01, 03:36   Link #349
Dobby

My copy finally arrived. I Knew I had to buy this after finishing the series. Very worthy investment to add to my collection.

So far, I've only heard the SSS theme, and the original version of Ichiban no Takaramono. I am in love.
Old 2010-08-01, 18:29   Link #350
PiNoypi

I am very sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but where can I buy the OST?
Old 2010-08-01, 20:12   Link #351
Dextro
He Without a Title

Probably at CDJapan.co.jp or Amazon.jp
Old 2010-08-04, 22:20   Link #352
Dobby

I bought mine from Play-Asia. They tend to charge a bit higher, especially with shipping, but I fluked out with those coupons. Got me my copy of Persona 4 as well!.

Back to the sound track, I finally had time to just sit and listen while at work. I seriously didn't remember hearing this many piano pieces in the series. They may be remixes, or "rehashes," but they were incredible.
Old 2010-08-05, 23:25   Link #353
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Do you remember when it was used? That was the one track that completely confused me because it didn't remind me of anything, at all. It's funny because I must have heard it at some point, but it completely vanished from my memory.

Anyway, I haven't put my thoughts together formally yet, but it goes without saying that I love the OST. Theme of SSS is by far my favourite track. I was wondering, though, does anyone have any info on ANANT-GARDE EYES? Apparently they didn't just arrange this OST, they also composed some of it, including some of the most iconic songs (like Theme of SSS). I understand that they did the arrangement for some previous Key adaptations but I don't really know anything about them. Evidently, they're pretty good.
Old 2010-08-10, 08:28   Link #354
loopyluke
The Loopy Composer

I'm slightly dissappointed, I couldn't phase cancel any of the GDM songs using the originals and band score to get just a vocal track. There's some annoying phasing effect that changes the pitch of the song ever so slightly, it seems like they're wising up.
Old 2010-08-11, 02:52   Link #355
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
I bought mine from Play-Asia. They tend to charge a bit higher, especially with shipping, but I fluked out with those coupons. Got me my copy of Persona 4 as well!.

Back to the sound track, I finally had time to just sit and listen while at work. I seriously didn't remember hearing this many piano pieces in the series. They may be remixes, or "rehashes," but they were incredible.
I think there are maybe 4-5 themes that get themselves repeated. I know that Theme of SSS does quite a bit with two different arrangements, Ichiban also gets touched on, and of course, the My Soul Your Beats piano version is capable of melting me in my seat.

Also posted my thoughts on the Angel Beats soundtrack. Might not know who ANANT-GARDE Eyes is, but they sure sound a lot like Maeda composing heartfelt tunes.
Old 2010-08-11, 07:11   Link #356
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

ANANT-GARDE Eyes is Maeda, karuta, Lia and all of them. lol.
Old 2010-08-11, 18:45   Link #357
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

The Angel Beats OST... I was blown away since most of the songs sound really good. The songs that impressed me the most are my heart, my most precious treasure, kanade, Ichiban no Takaramono (Orig. Version) and theme of SSS.

Anyway, I don't want to make a tl;dr post, so if you want to read more of my thoughts, its on my blog... and yeah, the Soundtrack is awesome... solid 9/10.
Old 2010-08-11, 22:20   Link #358
zzeroparticle
NEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
ANANT-GARDE Eyes is Maeda, karuta, Lia and all of them. lol.
Can you cite a source of that? Just curious, that's all.
Old 2010-08-12, 02:01   Link #359
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANANT-GARDE_EYES

Quote:
* Lia
o human
o Soldiers
o 月童
o 小さなてのひら
o 願いが叶う場所
o 時を刻む唄
o Saya's Song
o My Soul,Your Beats!
* 多田葵 - Aoi Tada
o Brave Song
* Lia、多田葵
o doll
And ofc, Maeda did the compositions for most of those, lol.
Old 2010-08-12, 03:56   Link #360
zzeroparticle
NEET

I'm not sure that's what it says though. Running it through the translator, it says something along the lines of them doing the arrangement/orchestration for songs written by Maeda and sung by Lia, but it doesn't actually say who the members of ANANT-GARDE Eyes are.

And the list that you see is mostly credits for songs that they've arranged :P
Closed Thread