Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-22, 19:46   Link #1
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Anime Festival Asia 2010 (AFA X) : 13-14 Nov 2010

Anime Festival Asia makes it way into Singapore this year again, 3 year running!

This year is probably going to be like last year, only with an inflated entry price ($6 in 2008, $12 in 2009 and $15 in 2010! And that is counting PER DAY).

Kana Hanazawa will be present to grace the event, as well as the president of Bushiroad and Danny Choo. In addition, there will be a COSPA sale exclusive for this event.

As promised, Yoshiki Fukuyama brought his band over - JAM PROJECT! Third timers Ichirou Mizuki and May'n will be performing as usual, along with Scandal (Bleach OP - Shoujo) and angela (Asura Cryin' OP-ED for both seasons).

Concert tickets will be released for sale in 15 minutes. Hopefully it won't be a grabfest like the last 2 years - missed out on all the good seats. Though I am only buying tickets for Ichirou Mizuki / Jam Project's performances on Day 1, as I doubt May'n would be singing anything new except for "Ready! Go!" from Ookami-san, and angela doesn't seem to tantalise me with anything in their discography. Scandal isn't anything of my kind - their voices are too dry.

Wished they brought Mizuki Nana and force the SPF to deploy the PTT.

For more information :

Main Site
Ticket Sales

EDIT :
It seems that the idiots at Gatecrash did a great job. They didn't release the single day tickets and the ticket sales system is all screwed up - nobody can purchase tickets online.

They fixed it. CHARRRRRRGGGGGGGEEEEEE!!!!!

2 days VIP tickets sold out in a matter of 20 minutes. It took them 5 minutes longer this year. Day 1 VIP seat, getto! Looks like all these months saving for it didn't go to waste.

Got it. Damn tickets certainly took some damn time to get hold of - hard to transact when there are hundreds of people bidding for the same seats. AND I GOT ONE OF THE BEST SEATS THIS YEAR! W00TAGE!!!!!!

Right now, I am having second thoughts about crossplaying. I am sitting in the middle with complete strangers.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-09-22 at 20:43.
Old 2010-09-23, 07:42   Link #2
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Why do they have to be in Singapore >.>
Old 2010-09-23, 09:39   Link #3
Ottocycle

I'll just stick around at the back standing area which costs less than half the price. Will only be buying one for day 1 as well. If STORMBRINGER is not sung I will not be a happy camper.

Who needs chairs at a JAMPro live?

Let's fly together everyone. YES WE CAN- *is silenced*
Old 2010-09-23, 19:57   Link #4
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Excuse me... While I go get plane tickets to Asia... *Runs off*
Old 2010-11-11, 09:17   Link #5
JokerD

Got the 2 days VIP tickets (for "only" $200, ouch)

AND just confirmed today that I will be getting the autographs of Aniki and SCANDAL, wohoo !!

Let the show begin (2 days later)
Old 2010-11-11, 15:52   Link #6
Duckys
Quackers.

GAH. HANAZAWA KANA AS A GUEST OF HONOR??!?!!?....

Gosh darnit I don't live anywhere near Singapore T_____________T.

Fujibayashi Ryou (referring to her fortune telling):
If the results come true, it’s as if there’s only one future.
But if it fails, we can think that other futures exist.
We never know how the future shifts because of the slightest change.
I want to believe that in our future, there are many possibilities waiting.
Ryou is underrated. She deserves more respect.
Old 2010-11-11, 18:32   Link #7
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Same here... I need her to autograph my cards T_T
Old 2010-11-13, 10:28   Link #8
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Day 1 just ended, but I am so tired that I don't want to go for Day 2!

The show this year is much less exciting than last, though there are more individual retailers than before, EVEN a Touhou booth. The most fun thing is the JAM PROJECT CONCERT - they really rocked the house down.

I'll upload the pics tomorrow because I used my camera phone and it is really low on battery - I will probably write the review later.

Hopefully I still have enough voice left - I screamed myself hoarse at Jam Project's concert today.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-11-13, 10:53   Link #9
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Day 1 just ended, but I am so tired that I don't want to go for Day 2!

The show this year is much less exciting than last, though there are more individual retailers than before, EVEN a Touhou booth. The most fun thing is the JAM PROJECT CONCERT - they really rocked the house down.

I'll upload the pics tomorrow because I used my camera phone and it is really low on battery - I will probably write the review later.

Hopefully I still have enough voice left - I screamed myself hoarse at Jam Project's concert today.
Lack of mention of Aniki in your post makes me sad.

Indeed JAMPro rocked the house down, though the lack of some choice songs sorta dented it for me. Biggest ones being GONG and STORMBRINGER, and the latter even when Aniki was around!

Hearing MAX-ON live after a really kickass SRWOG Inspectors episode this morning was so so awesome though. I pretty much didn't care about me being the only one going REVOLVER STAKEEEE in my vicinity. :P

And I left the concert hoarse too. It's probably a given now.

Did anyone else go for the Hanazawa appearance?
Old 2010-11-13, 11:38   Link #10
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I was that guy yelling GAO GAI GAAAAAAARR!!! and ZEEEEEEEEDD!!! during the concert, voice is death now and my feet and bruised from standing the whole day.

Anyway I also drew this Miku at the graffiti wall:

When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-11-14, 09:07   Link #11
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Alright I'll upload the pics now. Most of the pics are shaky because people keep bumping into me while I am pressing the "shoot" button.

It is a major Vocaloid invasion this year, and I counted :

20 Rin
19 Len
7 Miku
4 Luka
5 Kaito

on both days. There are few interesting characters such as :

- Shinjiro from Persona 3
- Senou Natsuru from Kampfer (thank goodness for the dress and Colt .45 I didn't do Akane, I would have made a fool of myself)
- Kirino from Ore no Imouto (didn't take pic because of damn phone battery)
- Lightning from FFXIII (thanks to the phone battery too)

Enough of my rants. Pics here :

I got a friend who took better photos with his DSLR : probably I will UL it tomorrow once he sends it to me.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-11-14 at 15:44.
Old 2010-11-15, 02:52   Link #12
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Good going. The pictures have improved. Totally missed the event this year unfortunately, but glad to see that it was still worthwhile for those who turned up.
Old 2010-11-15, 10:03   Link #13
JokerD

The fest seemed smaller this year, you needed another ticket to get into the event stage, and another one to get into the concert, they sure are milking the money of the otakus.

Concert day 1 was a blast with JAM Project and Aniki. Miku didn't even get the crowd off their feet (lol) Crowd response to Aniki was pretty bad but most of his songs were 80s to 90s (?) and not shown in the internet age so I guess most people were not familiar with it.
I was hoping for JAM Project to sing Stormbreaker or Break Out but they didn't (maybe they sang it after I left for the encore) but other than that it was pretty ok. I mostly know of Aniki's songs from SRW but I found it fun any way. Aniki signed poster getz... Takeaway is that Fukuyama is having a concert in Dec, looks like I'm gonna be poor in Dec as well...

Concert day 2 was loud... SCANDAL, Angela and May'n. Song performance for each artist seem pretty short (to me) but overall it was ok. I noticed some empty seats at the back though. A new song by May'n and the crowd was more 'on' than the 1st day's. (but I liked JAM Project better though, robots guy I am)

Overall I feel that last year's fest was better. Bigger, cheaper and the concert certainly felt longer. Maybe it's just me

Anyway some pic I took on day 1 I'll upload day 2's stuff tomorrow night Day 2's uploaded:

The cars at AFA, would you dare drive out if your car looks like this?

Figurines:

Masked Rider...

and his transport of the future:

Nanoha and Fate, there was an additional Vivo on the 2nd day...

Sexy:

Railgun, again with more char one the 2nd day:

Retro:

Archer:

Ryu:

(btw, I saw him singing karaoke in a pretty high pitch, makes me wonder if her got kicked in the *ahem* p0n0s)

Shizuo:

Nadeko:

And her voice actress (which I shouldn't have taken) Hanakawa Kana:

I'm pretty sure this is a guy:

Vocaloids doing karaoke...

And other random cosplayers:

Day 2's Pics:
Guest cosplayer from Japan -aira- or something:

A full set of Sailor Moon Cosplay:

Ryu on day 1, Sakura and Dan on day 2:

Random Pics:

Didn't take too many pics on day 2, although there was a group of Bakemonogatari cosplayers I saw and wanted to take pictures of, but that was in the food court and I never did saw them back at the event area, pity.

Last edited by JokerD; 2010-11-16 at 21:18.
Old 2010-11-17, 01:37   Link #14
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Aniki was effing win..even if his songs are old....that voice reminds me of listening to enka.....and the Touhou figma this year are much much better than last...

Best convention in this country to date I say...too bad I had to book in else I would have stayed for Side B....sigh

Up next.....EOY....

Also...I wonder if there will be an AFA again next year? Some say it's the last this one, but until there is concrete proof...
Old 2010-11-17, 03:04   Link #15
Nekojima
Anime Artist

Wink Anime Festival Asia 2010 (AFAX 2010)

Hi, I had the pleasure of attending my first Asian Anime convention in Singapore.
Took some photos to share with you all.

==> CLICK HERE : Cosplayers on Saturday

==> CLICK HERE : Cosplayers on Sunday

==> CLICK HERE : From Japan

==> CLICK HERE : Mangakas from Singapore

Hope you'll enjoy the photos !!
Old 2010-11-17, 23:01   Link #16
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Goes to AFAX for two days.

JAM Project ROCKS the hall !!!
But the queue for stage event is killing my feet.
One of my complain is why they must cramped all the event on Saturday and leave the only cosplay regional competition on Sunday? They should have balanced it out.

Anyway, i feel the booth is more commercial this year. More seller booth than attraction / industrial booth. The worst booth in my opinion is Nitro+ booth. Come on, they should have made it more attractive. I mean, last year's Production IG's booth is much more attractive.

Overall, enjoy the festival and enjoy the concert.
Old 2010-11-18, 03:47   Link #17
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Requesting thread merger with the one in the General Anime thread created by me.

Old 2010-11-18, 07:11   Link #18
Nekojima
Anime Artist

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Requesting thread merger with the one in the General Anime thread created by me.
Was there already a topic on AFAX 2010?
Old 2010-11-18, 07:16   Link #19
Nekojima
Anime Artist

Thumbs up Afax 2010, suntec city, singapore

Hi, I didn't realize there was already a topic on the AFAX.

I had the pleasure of attending my first Asian Anime convention in Singapore.
Tried to cover everything but the place was too crowded. Had a ticket for the stage but didn't end up going there.

Here are some photoramas for you to.

==> CLICK HERE : Cosplayers on Saturday

==> CLICK HERE : Cosplayers on Sunday

==> CLICK HERE : From Japan

==> CLICK HERE : Mangakas from Singapore

Hope you'll enjoy the photos !!
Old 2010-11-18, 10:41   Link #20
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekojima View Post
Was there already a topic on AFAX 2010?
It is in the General Anime subforum.

Closed Thread