AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-05-04, 08:30   Link #1
Aijou
Shakugan no Shana Addict

Seeing the same anime over and over again !

Sometimes animes are so well made that no matter how many times you see it, the same sensation never passes away, you never get bored it even if you saw it 5-10 times.

This happened to me seeing The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I saw it 4 times and still the same fun sensation remains, no sign of boredom appeared, I still enjoy it, like I saw it for the first time. Also it's not even my favorite anime, this shows how masterpiece some animes are made.

Has anyone saw the same anime over and over again without getting bored?
Aijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 09:05   Link #2
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aijou View Post
Sometimes animes are so well made that no matter how many times you see it, the same sensation never passes away, you never get bored it even if you saw it 5-10 times.

This happened to me seeing The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I saw it 4 times and still the same fun sensation remains, no sign of boredom appeared, I still enjoy it, like I saw it for the first time. Also it's not even my favorite anime, this shows how masterpiece some animes are made.

Well for me, it's Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Midori no Hibi (I saw it 7 times!) and of course ARIA.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 11:22   Link #3
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Simple, Cardcaptor Sakura. I can't possibly get bored of this. I would say the same for Elfen Lied, but I effectively spent two months on making an Elfen Lied AMV so I rewatched it like 12 times during that time period while searching for clips.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 11:56   Link #4
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aijou View Post
Genshiken (1 season + OVAs)

I just cant get enough of Saki.
Old 2008-05-04, 12:10   Link #5
james0246

Most anime, just like most television in general (except for Buffy ) I only see once and then stay content with that viewing. But there have been a few that I have seen several times (either because I will buy the DVDs when they are released in America or simply because I love the series.)

Evangelion - I have seen this series at least half a dozen times, and back when it was first being released on VHS I would watch the episodes, and then have marathons right before the next VHS came out (so I would re-watch the series ever 2-3 months). I did the same thing when they released the DVDs. (I am currently loving the new movie(s).)

More recently, I have re-watched Hare + Guu a few times (more the tv series than the OVAs). The show came out, for me, at just the right time and tickled my funny bone in just the right way, that I will re-watch the series and still find it hilarous years later (to the point that I even bought it on DVD)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 12:21   Link #6
Echoes

Evangelion has amazing rewatch value to me, I can watch it again and again, but I usually reserve it for special occasions, when I really have some time off and can relax and enjoy it completely.

Berserk is another gem that I rewatch, the whole show is brilliant and there are certain scenes that'll never get old.

Zero no Tsukaima
(the first season) is also very easy for me to watch over and over, for some reason I can't quite explain. I just like this show, a lot.

School Rumble
Watching a couple of episodes of this is always great. There's always some line I've forgotten, and Harima is just out of this world hilarious.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
is great fun as well, watch it chronologically or not, it's all good. And I do mean that in a very literal sense, it is all good, thoroughly enjoyable, every time.
Old 2008-05-04, 12:34   Link #7
black monster
i don't work for points

Devil May Cry i saw it like 650 times and i am still watching it until now i don't know everytime i watch it i feel like it is the first time i see it and it always surprise me becuse most of the animes i see i say that something will happen and it happenes but that doesn't work with Devil May Cry.
black monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 12:39   Link #8
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

There are a lot of animes I rewatch.

I recently rewatched all of Fate/Stay Night for the third time.

I've seen Evangelion so many times I lost count.

Back in the day I used to rewatch Naruto and Bleach, seen both about 3+ times (back when it was like 133 episodes and not like 200+, and 65 episodes for bleach, but that's still pretty scary).

I rewatched Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya like 5-6 times, read every novel twice.

I watched Shakugan no Shana like twice.

I've seen Cowboy Bebop about 3 times.

I've watched Monster twice.

Sigh, it's probably because I tend to rewatch series instead of procuring new ones that I still haven't passed over the 100 animes watch mark, but after my exams are over it will be time to marathon.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 13:02   Link #9
starry_sky45
Cherry Blossom~

Send a message via AIM to starry_sky45 Send a message via MSN to starry_sky45
I've watched Fooly Cooly over and over again and I never get tired of it.
I have also watched the first season of Higurashi 3 times.
Old 2008-05-04, 13:44   Link #10
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Nadesico. I've lost track of how many times I've watched it. Once I marathoned the whole series both dubbed and subbed. Yes I watched it straight dubbed then again subbed, with only bathroom and food breaks. Needless to say, I'm never doing that again.
Old 2008-05-04, 16:11   Link #11
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Haruhi Suzumiya and Kanon 2006 i've rewatched quite a bunch of times, 2 of my favoruits.
Old 2008-05-04, 16:35   Link #12
MusoukaProductions
Kick reason to the curb

The "lighter" series like slice-of-life and comedy I've rewatched a few times. Initial D, Lucky Star, etc. because you can kind of jump in anywhere and still understand what's going on. A lot of anime you need to start from the beginning just to get everything setup again.
MusoukaProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 18:00   Link #13
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

If it counts, the OP of ef ~ the latter tale.
I don't know how many times I've seen it exactly, but it's probably around 100 times.

I've also seen Haruhi three or four times, so I fit in, yay.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:18   Link #14
maika_chan

I always rewatch anime except for certain unbearable ones. Mostly just because I can't afford to buy new titles to spend my time with. So rather than to list titles that I've rewatched, it'll be better to list those that I've not rewatched even one episode:
-Ayashi No Ceres
-GunXSword
-Magic Knight Rayearth
-Saber Marionette
-Texhnolyze
-Yu Yu Hakusho
maika_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 20:21   Link #15
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
If it counts, the OP of ef ~ the latter tale.
I don't know how many times I've seen it exactly, but it's probably around 100 times.
I am bound to do the same with the intro of Soul Eater.

I really dig both the music and the animation that goes along with it.
Old 2008-05-04, 23:47   Link #16
Icehawk

1) Macross Plus movie and OVA (the anime that made me a fan, have rewatched many times)
2) Elfen Lied (Have rewatched over 7 times atleast, never got bored, everytime was just as great as the first)
3) Code Geass - I just got into this masterpiece of a show recently and finnished the first season less than a week ago. I got my younger brother and a buddy of mine easily hooked on it right afterwords and since they are seeing it at separate times with me on my big TV so its both my second and third time with them and I still can't get enough of it. Excellent character cast and drama, very good battles and set in a very intriguing and well thought out universe. CLAMP's character designes also really shine nicely in this show as well.

4) Berserk - Watched it I believe 3 times, its another great show to watch for the characters and it's good to watch it atleast twice. The thing that hinders it the most is the ending being the way it is sort of deters desire for frequent rewatches, atleast for me it does since I don't have the manga to continue the story.

5) Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Kai - This is very rewatch worthy, even though the mysteries are solved by the end there is ALOT to take in and mull over in your mind and rewatches are just as if not more enjoyable than the first time due to the strong characters and drama and being able to pick up on alot of the sutble important things that are easy to miss the first time through.

6) Paranoia Agent - Another very deep psychological character mystery drama, like Higurashi, rewatchability is pretty strong and very beneficial to pick up on all the things you miss on the first watch.

7) Gundam MS IGLOO Not a particularily deep series by any stretch, but for some reason I cannot get bored with it, the stories may be simple and repetitive but they just seem to hit all the right marks with me. I really liked the whole weapons testing theme and the little historical parallels it makes with WW2 in terms of some of its styling and some other elements. Plus all the battles are just plain great fun to watch over and over I find. It's much like Star Wars in that regard.

Last edited by Icehawk; 2008-05-04 at 23:58.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 01:38   Link #17
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I am bound to do the same with the intro of Soul Eater.

I really dig both the music and the animation that goes along with it.
Yeah, I've spent some time on the Soul Eater OP myself.

But honestly, the ef ~ latter tale OP is the single most amazing piece of eye candy I've ever seen, and it really gets me through the day.
In an attempt to convert more people:
Spoiler for Video:

Of course, youtube doesn't do Makoto Shinkai justice, so it pains me to post it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
3) Code Geass - I just got into this masterpiece of a show recently and finnished the first season less than a week ago. I got my younger brother and a buddy of mine easily hooked on it right afterwords and since they are seeing it at separate times with me on my big TV so its both my second and third time with them and I still can't get enough of it. Excellent character cast and drama, very good battles and set in a very intriguing and well thought out universe. CLAMP's character designes also really shine nicely in this show as well.
haha... oh wow.

I do agree that it's a rather very catchy series, though.
I've watched through it twice and may watch through it a third time to see its dub and try to catch the beginning signs of the trainwreck. My second time through, I began catching some twists that pointed toward epic fail as early as episode 17, though I was admittedly rather harsh.
Spoiler for Code Geass:

Ah, but enough of my trainwreck conspiracy theories, it was a great series.

More ontopic-ness:
I've seen Air thrice, and will probably do so again once I can get my hands on the DVDs.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 01:56   Link #18
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i average around 2.5 eps of aria a day.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 02:02   Link #19
Rion Steiner

Lucky Star:
Well all slice-of-life-comedy series do like Azu Manga and Mashimaro but L*S is my #1 in its genre. I really can't expalin it in detail and I tried but IMO slice of life series were Animes design to attract its customer to rewatch it numerous times.

Da Capo:
My first romantic Anime that didnt had couples confessing their feelings at the very last episode. Its very beautiful living your life together with the person who accepted your feelings and Da Capo first showed this to me on the second half of its series. My second best anime and of all romantic animes nothing satisfies me more on re-watching it over again than Da Capo.
Rion Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 02:07   Link #20
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

I do find myself repeating shows I like over and over, the same way I do with books:

-Hana Yori Dango
-Stellvia of the Universe
-Nodame Cantabile
-Azumanga Daioh
-FMP-Fumoffu
-Lucky Star

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote