AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-19, 04:16   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Valvrave the Liberator - Character Discussion - Tokishima Haruto

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Tokishima Haruto related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Valvrave the Liberator fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-05-19, 22:37   Link #2
GundamZZ
残念美人

Hmm. They actually have subforum for Haruto. I wonder how it will work out.

Since the anime is original series, there's no other source for spoiler.

Haruto has a strange power called Jack(ジャック). It seems it's activated after he piloted the robot. Etymology wise, it's probably implies Haruto's Hijack ability. He can possess other person by biting their flesh.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-05-20, 13:15   Link #3
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Thus far Haruto is a good hero-type character. He's sincere and cares for others, and he's willing to make personal sacrifices for the betterment of others. It's admirable, particularly contrasted with other characters who are likely to change after pairing with a Valvrave (if Rukino Saki was any indication).
Old 2013-05-20, 13:27   Link #4
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The protagonist Haruto doesn't come off as bland as most people make it to be. He's actually pretty nice, is a bit spineful and even with his own "revenge" against his childhood friend's loss and being a bipolar "vampire", he's very full of serenity and honesty. I'm very curious to see how his rivalry within L-Elf might get as the series goes along.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2013-05-21 at 13:47.
Old 2013-05-21, 12:00   Link #5
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I agree with Ledgem, though Episode 6 leaves me a bit worried that Haruto might get overwhelmed by the more dominant/domineering personalities in the cast. But we'll see. He usually bounces back quickly from his less-endearing moments, I find.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:28   Link #6
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I was worried at first that he would be more of a wishy-washy type of character, luckily I can say that's no the case so far. He reminds me a lot of Quatre from Gundam Wing. The martial pacifist of sorts. He's kind, but he will fight and take action when it's needed.
Old 2013-05-24, 13:41   Link #7
Irenesharda

After this recent episode, it seems to me that Haruto has two different personalities. One side of him is the flustered and slightly spineless pacifist at least when Shoko and his classmates are around.

However when with L-11 and the Dorssians he becomes ridiculously stubborn to a fault, and he's also suddenly able to take great pain as he's be shot, stabbed, and had his leg skewered/crushed without a single scream.

Haruto doesn't think things clearly majority of the time, but he does have heart when it counts. And at least he's not one of those annoying pacifists who cry every time they kill someone (Sunrise has enough of those already).

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-24, 15:40   Link #8
finalfury
Incognito

Haruto seems to be the guy who will strike only when he deems necessary, but for most cases, will play the role of the casual pacifist but is less whiny. He's very likable and his character interactions are pretty darn good with the rest of the cast. I also like how he is a foil to Saki and is willing to "dirty his hands" to protect the people he cares about.
Old 2013-06-06, 18:27   Link #9
nismovtc

Haruto+shouko dead= gundam char aznable, he resigned his humanity in the first eposide when he thought that shouko is dead to get revenge, i think shouko is like char lala sune he will do whatever he can to get his revenge from the people who killed her even if he needs to start a war and kills millions and millions of humans just like char did in CCA, thats assuming that she will killed off
Old 2013-06-06, 18:40   Link #10
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Thus far Haruto is a good hero-type character. He's sincere and cares for others, and he's willing to make personal sacrifices for the betterment of others. It's admirable, particularly contrasted with other characters who are likely to change after pairing with a Valvrave (if Rukino Saki was any indication).
Rukino was always like that, just kept it hidden. The Valvrave didn't change her. In any case, I wonder how Haruto will react when he finds out the girl in the picture is a Dorssian Royal Family member and why L-elf has basically turned against her and his country. I'd imagine something happened and L-elf wants to free her from whatever burdens been placed on her. He already established the link in which Haruto and her are similar with having things both ways. Who knows how that will influence him?
Old 2013-06-08, 11:02   Link #11
NeutralZero

Using the traditional gundam cliche plot of first love always die (common in U.C and rarely in A.C with seed, destiny and age at that...)
Shouko already done that part albeit escaping it with barely...
but her death or supposed death already serve its purpose to influence the M.C so doubt she will die in a similar fashion...
But then again... she could die again in that manner assuming she became the lover of a certain someone and assuming she became that person's first love while Haruto fell for Saki...
Old 2013-06-08, 14:28   Link #12
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Rukino was always like that, just kept it hidden. The Valvrave didn't change her.
What evidence do you have to say that Rukino was behaving as she always was, and that the Valvrave didn't change her? Unless there were some side-episodes that I missed, we've both seen the same behaviors from the character. We both don't know what she was like before she came to Module 77, nor how she behaved immediately upon arrival (although based on the little flashbacks with Aina, it would appear that she was still very reserved, quiet, and kept to herself).

It's something of a moot point now, though. Rukino's character experienced a flare-up in dramatically different behavior, but since that episode she has started to behave more as she was before. I partly attribute that to the show's weakness in managing its characters, though. The main characters are enjoyable to watch, but one or two characters seem to receive a major amount of time and focus per episode, often at the expense of the others. Case in point, L-Elf practically disappeared from the show from episodes 3-5, Haruto was barely present for a few episodes, and for episode 9 and possibly 8 Rukino might as well have been a background character.
Old 2013-06-11, 15:19   Link #13
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

What more would you guys like to see from Haruto? How would you like to see him grow? One big flaw I see in his character is that he is very dependent. Like Shoko said he's more of a follower than a leader.
Old 2013-06-11, 16:59   Link #14
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Go back into L-Elf's body Haruto, you in your real body is lame as hell.
Old 2013-06-11, 17:02   Link #15
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, I have to admit that some of Haruto's best scenes were when he was in L-Elf's body.

Hhmmm... Haruto ends up stuck in L-Elf's body, L-Elf ends up stuck in Shoko's body, Shoko ends up stuck in Saki's body, and Saki ends up stuck in Haruto's body. Now *that* could be fun!
Old 2013-06-12, 19:26   Link #16
GundamZZ
残念美人

L-Elf is more defensive against Haruto's advance now. Especially, they start live in same room. It's absurd, but L-Elf says he stops Haruto several times.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-06-15, 08:05   Link #17
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Saw this on the MyAnimelist forums

"Hmmm. It's actually interesting. Whatever force is possessing him, makes him want to attack others... Does the urge to rape also only applies to the infected hosts of the opposite gender? Or hosts in general? (I'm not into guy on guy...) Or anyone in general for that matter... Not like it seemed like he was gonna rape the blonde one in the elevator."
Old 2013-06-15, 18:41   Link #18
Key Board
Carbon

my theory

normal humans (both male and females included) -> food -> biting urges
female vampire -> mating partner -> sexual urges
male vampire -> rival? -> murderous impulse?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-15, 18:57   Link #19
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
my theory

normal humans (both male and females included) -> food -> biting urges
female vampire -> mating partner -> sexual urges
male vampire -> rival? -> murderous impulse?
That would make sense.
Old 2013-06-15, 19:15   Link #20
NeutralZero

just haveto wait for Haruto to go out of controll with Kyuuma or Thunder's next to him...
if Saki will allow him to have such urges...
after all by now she's aware partially of VVVI's feeding system...
Closed Thread

Tags
characters