AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-05-11, 02:18   Link #621
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I guess I'm already seeing the limitations of only having a 55mm lens. Still, I wanted to snap a couple pictures in my parents' garden, so apologies for the crudity of these photos- they ain't special or anything.

Spoiler for Flowers. :o:

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2012-05-11 at 02:58.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 14:32   Link #622
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Finally i have my New camera

Spoiler for Nex C3 using old samsung Point shot:

do some quick photo graph at night.

Spoiler for Flower:

obviously not as good as what i see here since i am still Ametuer (and not planning to professional anyway)

feel free to comment and make suggestion/advice

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 18:43   Link #623
Akarin

Spoiler for @Ginza:

Last edited by Akarin; 2012-05-12 at 20:15.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 18:51   Link #624
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Some stuff from a recent boating trip.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Canon 20D w/ Canon 18-200 mm lens. Lots of distortion which I corrected in Lightroom later but those are earlier versions without the correction.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 05:42   Link #625
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Playing around with NEX setting.

Spoiler for Picture:

Part 2 will coming letter

EDIT: Part 2

Spoiler for Picture 2:

Last edited by RRW; 2012-05-13 at 06:01.
Old 2012-05-26, 13:09   Link #626
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
This one is very nice! Very dramatic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
Damn I want to go back to Tokyo. Good stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
I'm such a sucker for sunset pictures. This would really benefit from geometric correction though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Playing around with NEX setting.
If I may impart one bit of wisdom, I personally find much easier to preach than practice... Try to hone your eye in before getting too creative with either in camera effects or post processing. This may be a bit harsh but, the pictures you posted were in terms of subject quite dull and way over the top in terms of processing. Any effects you add to the photo should complement, not define it.

---

Anyway I've gotten into street photography lately. It's quite a challenge actually. It would seem that people generally don't like to be photographed so to get some street portraits I had to get a bit creative in terms of camera use.

Images
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 13:33   Link #627
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post

If I may impart one bit of wisdom, I personally find much easier to preach than practice... Try to hone your eye in before getting too creative with either in camera effects or post processing. This may be a bit harsh but, the pictures you posted were in terms of subject quite dull and way over the top in terms of processing. Any effects you add to the photo should complement, not define it.

---
heheh. i knew photography expert like you don't like my photo. well i am still busy with my personal stuff. probably take time for me to able to created good photo

Old 2012-05-26, 14:49   Link #628
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

I tried my best! Still learning with starter lenses!

there big so here are the links

http://imgur.com/YBVrT
http://imgur.com/3NFRD
http://imgur.com/yB2PK
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 15:00   Link #629
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
heheh. i knew photography expert like you don't like my photo. well i am still busy with my personal stuff. probably take time for me to able to created good photo
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage you. It's just that the all in all in photography is the subject. We amateurs are actually very lucky in this aspect. We get to freely choose our subjects. All the professionals get to choose is the gig they take and that pretty much determines the subject. You can't be too picky either if you want to put food on the table.

Out of your latest batch the first one with the ceiling lamp with fluorescent bulbs was probably the most interesting. The difference in the color makes for a nice effect. Composition didn't really work for me though and there's really no story in the picture.

The second one's, with what I only assume is some kind of garden lamp, problem is the contrast. It's really hard to make out what's going on.

The third with the blooming tree is in terms of subject okay. There's just quite much going on in it, the lighting wasn't really flattering and the one bright light in the bottom part of it is very distracting.

The fourth is processed beyond recognition. I can't really tell whether it's drawn, generated or photographed.

The pencil sharpener pictures then again don't really work for me at all. If it would have been an exercise in product photography then maybe, but as is there's just nothing of interest for me there. However you have makings of an interesting by combining the subject and location from two of the photos. If you'd take the pencil sharpener and put it in the yard or garden where you shot some of those other photos and would go easy enough with the effects so one can tell what's going on that would actually make a interesting photo.

Mundane inanimate objects make very difficult subjects. The easiest way to make them interesting is to create a juxtaposition between the subject and the surroundings, simply taking them into an environment that's alien to them.

Anyway. Keep your camera with you. You'll find that you're swimming in the ocean of photographic subjects. All it takes is a bit of effort to find them. Then when you have your photo, go easy on the effects. They should enhance the message you want to convey with the photo not distract from it.
Old 2012-05-26, 16:49   Link #630
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well the pictures are from first day when i get the camera. obviously i am just try to adapt to the new camera (since i am a P&S upgrade)

anyway thank you for commenting my picture. it will definitively help me to improve my photography skill. you idea about putting the object outside their normal place definitively interesting

Last edited by RRW; 2012-05-26 at 17:16.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:30   Link #631
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Heres a few more butterfly shots of mine,

Spoiler for click:

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 10:00   Link #632
escimo
Paparazzi

YouTube

Some quite useful things to keep in mind.
Old 2012-05-31, 10:08   Link #633
Solafighter
Hige

^Narf, im to late. i had the same in mind to post this here.
Old 2012-06-01, 01:22   Link #634
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
YouTube

Some quite useful things to keep in mind.
what is the 50th one

probably keep practice

Old 2012-06-03, 08:33   Link #635
Solafighter
Hige

The 50th rule is "Watch DigitalRev TV".
Old 2012-06-08, 01:54   Link #636
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

what is the best image hosting place in term of quality?

Old 2012-06-25, 05:24   Link #637
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Just a little look at the beautiful British Columbia, my little playground. We had the honour of hosting world renowned trumpet player Chris Botti tonight, and I got a number of photos at the event. Sorry I don't have multiple aspects; I'm still stuck on a single lens.

Spoiler for Storyboard:

If you're wondering what Chris Botti's performances sound like, it's a compilation of famous songs which he solos over. It's quite marvelous, to say the least. Here's a video in Boston where he performed with Sting and Josh Groban.
Old 2012-08-02, 15:39   Link #638
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Liddo-kun recently asked me some questions about photography, one of which was about the zoom potential of a DSLR. I uploaded two photos (pretty bad photos) that show the power of long lenses, and figured I'd share them here for the benefit of others, as well.

These were taken with a Sigma "Bigma" 50-500mm on an Olympus E-3 ("35mm equivalent" focal lengths of 100mm to 1000mm - supertelephoto range).

At 50mm (100mm equivalent), uncropped:

Click the thumbnail and then click the image to see it larger. There's a hawk in the upper center-left of the photo. (The guy below is trying to photograph the same hawk using a Nikon D3s with... I forgot what lens. Downside of "full frame": you either need to crop, or get in close to get that same tight framing.)

Neither I nor the bird moved between that shot and this next one; here's a shot taken at 500mm (1000mm equivalent), uncropped:

Old 2012-08-03, 00:54   Link #639
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Here's me taking a picture of a sunset and scenery at Ottawa's own Parliament Hill. My phototaking skills are lacking I admit, but I was practicing a little bit of photography that day and it looks like I still got much to learn/work on with working with a camera. I hope you like it and sorry if the quality is a little off considering it's my first attempt and everything.

Spoiler for At Parliament Hill:
Old 2012-08-03, 11:54   Link #640
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Very nice =]

I haven't really been taking many photo lately but here are a few of them~

Images
Images
Images

I'll be over in the states (Florida) in September so hopefully I'll get some nice photos when I'm over.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photography