Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-04, 19:39   Link #7301
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Glorious combination.

Though I'm not updated on the story. Last time I checked is the manga of fullmental sigma.

Is FMP another the next on the story?
Yes,fmp another is a gaiden sequel. It takes place 11 years after the end of FMP main time line. The story follows a Japanese teen turned mercenary AS pilot working in a PMC outfit called DOMS founded by Melissa Mao. Kurz and Mao have a daughter together except they been divorced like 3 times now. Kaname , Sousuke and tessa are only mentioned in passing in the story so far.

Though tessa's story post fmp is Explorered further in a different short story. All you need to know is that tessa walks around with mini AS guarding her like they did with her brother, she went to the homeland of bunny to visit his grave and met a local kid(only about 3 years younger than her) named Rony who reminded her greatly of bunny and Sousuke( Al apparently agrees with her on this) . She then took Rony back with her to America. 10 years later, Tessa is apparently working for America in some capacity and still lives with Rony, who is now a junior team leader in a US Navy Seal team. Rony has been a major character since vol 6 of another since his team has been ordered to help the MC's faction of the reborn DOMS from the shadow( there was a hostile business take over and DOMS have been divided into 2 between the smaller faction loyal to Mao and the other faction who is bigger and have majority of the shareholders of DOMS no longer loyal to Mao.)
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 08:53   Link #7302
MisterBaka

Quote:
here was a hostile business take over and DOMS have been divided into 2 between the smaller faction loyal to Mao and the other faction who is bigger and have majority of the shareholders of DOMS no longer loyal to Mao
Can you tell me anything abouth that Russian character, Stepan Mikhailov? he seems to be featured prominently in the pictures, so I imagine him being something of the underboss, second in command of the bad guys team. Am I right?
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 14:22   Link #7303
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
Can you tell me anything abouth that Russian character, Stepan Mikhailov? he seems to be featured prominently in the pictures, so I imagine him being something of the underboss, second in command of the bad guys team. Am I right?
he is a freelance mercenary guns for hire type. He trained and took care of Kikuno her brother Akira for the last couple years. I will get into more details later. I plan to do a detailed character description and mech description sometime in the future.
Old 2014-09-05, 14:26   Link #7304
MisterBaka

Quote:
I will get into more details later. I plan to do a detailed character description and mech description sometime in the future.
Oh, please do! I don't know about others, but I'm starving for info.
Old 2014-09-08, 00:48   Link #7305
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Waitaminute... "-stan" is a Central Asian affix. It's Kazakhstan! They are making a story about a corporate-sponsored coup in Kazakhstan. Awesome.
But... Really? REALLY???
What the hell is with all the Russia in my FMP? I'm flattered, but seriously... are we supposed to be the good guys here? Lina, Mikhailov, secondary characters with Russian names - is this Gatoh and Ooguro's idea of an exotic nationality? XD Or is it just the hottest country in the news right now?
Quote:
Spoiler for Pics:
in case you are wondering why clara is crying at the end, its because the New DOMS assault team got ambushed by a Spetnaz Group using heavily modified ZY99 shadows while they were being extracted by Friendly helicopters.
Adelina and her Blast Raven was the first AS to be picked up by a Transport chopper which immediately got shot down with her still inside and crashed into the side of a mountain exploding into a huge fireball. The remaining 3 DOMS AS got so overwhelmed by the spetnaz that their only course of action that offered a chance of survival was to jump off a cliff and roll down the mountain side thousands of feet below ( If you watched the movie Lone Survivor you will have a good idea of what just happened). And then of course geotron and Evil DOMS shows up after and kills everyone including the Spetnaz Team and most of the Coup faction. Fortunately Rony's Navy SEAL team was observing the whole engagement but for obvious reasons they can not attack a Russian Spetnaz Team in the open, so instead they went and found Tatsuya's team and their AS in the bottom of the mountain and dragged them to safety. The actual reason Clara was crying is because Adelina 's fate is unknown, Her AS's Signal and transponder was lost when she crashed and Rony's team saw Geotron Forces securing Adelina's crash site , so even if she is alive the enemy have her now.

Also This is a scan you missed which is right after kikuno pulled Tatsuya 's AS out of the ground after they jumped.
Spoiler for image:
Old 2014-09-08, 09:35   Link #7306
MisterBaka

Quote:
its because the New DOMS assault team got ambushed by a Spetnaz Group using heavily modified ZY99 shadows while they were being extracted by Friendly helicopters.
Does that mean that the Good DOMS were supporting the coup in that country?
Quote:
Also This is a scan you missed which is right after kikuno pulled Tatsuya 's AS out of the ground after they jumped.
Oh, thanks. Totally missed it. Tatsuya and Kikuno definetely have chemistry.
Old 2014-09-08, 12:27   Link #7307
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Does that mean that the Good DOMS were supporting the coup in that country?
To be honest i don't know, i took those off spoilers posted on a Chinese site, as the Chinese translation is only part way through Vol 7 i can't speak for anything in vol 8 with accuracy but apparently the situation is complicated and there is a plot/conspiracy in motion to fuck over both the Soviets and the States.
The new DOMS have many friends and just as many enemies within the higher echelons of the US government , which is why they have had cases of "mistaken" friendly fire from US forces in the past but at the same time they have guardian angels in the form of a Navy SEAL team watching their back thanks to some power play within the pentagon and the white House carried out by mithrill sympathizer and Tessa was the one that made sure it was Rony's Team that got the job of watching over Clara and the new DOMS.
Old 2014-09-11, 00:48   Link #7308
MisterBaka

Quote:
To be honest i don't know, i took those off spoilers posted on a Chinese site, as the Chinese translation is only part way through Vol 7
Oh, in that case could you elaborate on the basic plot of volumes 2 to 4? There hasn't been even a brief summary around here.
Old 2014-09-11, 11:52   Link #7309
SkoolRumble4Ya

Hi everybody. I haven't check this forum for awhile. Can anybody tell me if they mention anything more about Chidori and Sousuke.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 19:32   Link #7310
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Hi everybody. I haven't check this forum for awhile. Can anybody tell me if they mention anything more about Chidori and Sousuke.
read my second post on this page.

Quote:
Oh, in that case could you elaborate on the basic plot of volumes 2 to 4? There hasn't been even a brief summary around here.
I will start from vol 1 anyways

Vol 1
Spoiler:

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2014-09-12 at 04:40.
Old 2014-09-13, 08:49   Link #7311
MisterBaka

Quote:
I will start from vol 1 anyways
Wow. Thank you so much! You were right about starting from v1 since you gave previously unmentioned details.

Spoiler for the story:
Old 2014-09-13, 11:51   Link #7312
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Wow. Thank you so much! You were right about starting from v1 since you gave previously unmentioned details.

Spoiler for the story:
I m more impressed that they agreed to the fact that is ridiculous how most anime/manga/Ln hand-wave the fact that every plot significant foreigner can speak perfect Japanese when real life is more or less the other way around.

Gatoh and Ooguro said that they were heavily influenced by western modern military fiction and non fiction books/ media prior to writing FMP Another. They also researched into PMC corporations and modern military history/technology.

Tatsuya's infantry training was more or less a very condensed and short version of modern Special Forces selection training and his Firearm course were more or less taught like as if Ooguro took the training scene right out of a magpul/vtac/Haley strategic training video.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2014-09-13 at 12:02.
Old 2014-09-13, 12:15   Link #7313
MisterBaka

Quote:
I m more impressed that they agreed to the fact that is ridiculous how most anime/manga/Ln hand-wave the fact that every plot significant foreigner can speak perfect Japanese when real life is more or less the other way around.

Gatoh and Ooguro said that they were heavily influenced by western modern military fiction and non fiction books/ media prior to writing FMP Another. They also researched into PMC corporations and modern military history/technology.

Tatsuya's infantry training was more or less a very condensed and short version of modern Special Forces selection training and his Firearm course were more or less taught like as if Ooguro took the training scene right out of a magpul/vtac/Haley strategic training video.
That's why FMP is the best. It actually relies on research and imaginative realism. Again, most of the Russian military elements in Gatoh's books were correct, he only stumbled in political topics and myths like sending Kalinin's superior to the GULAG in his backstory. Oh, and failing in the electronics department with the scenes of AS hacking. Still, the fact that the Cold War never ended was amusing.
I was a little worried about this special flavor the original books had when I found out that Gatoh wasn't going to write the new ones himself. But so far it seems that Another managed to capture that magic. It's good to know that, despite the questionable visual design choices (I may be mistaken but did I see a picture of Kikuno in an AS pressure suit with cleavage and nekomimi? Not that I don't find her fanservicable... Also, Arabic AS loin cloth is too Gundam) they keep to the spirit of reality in what they describe.
Old 2014-09-15, 21:39   Link #7314
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

some general knowledge for Another.

D.O.M.S.(Dana O'shee Military Service)
One of the top 10 premier PMC company based out of North America. Their main Head quarter and training facility is based out of California . Located 200km North east of LA and near the US army National training center Ft.Irwin. The company was founded by Melissa Mao and her then Husband Kurtz Weber using leftover Mithril and Almagam slush founds. The company recruits internationally for Candidates using mithril's old profiling data. After a decade of service the DOMS have earned a reputation for outstanding service and through great care in the field, have avoided any sort of political and media fallout that so commonly plagues large name PMC companies. As a result, DOMS services are highly sought after. Internationally, DOMS primary clients are the US government and other NATO allies , providing them with security contracts or Training contracts. Domestically, DOMS offers Corporate/personal VIP security and specialized tactical courses for Civilians, Law enforcement and Military.

AS-X Raven Series Arm Slave.
Prototype 3rd gen Arm slaves developed domestically by EHI manufacturing of Japan. the Raven is Japan's first attempt at putting their name on the international Arms market. Previously EHI only produced weapon systems and AS for the JSDF, for obvious reasons these weapons have no international buyers because these weapons are considered untested in combat in the hands of the domestically bound JSDF. EHI believes that the Raven can make Japan into an internationally recognized country in terms of a quality current generation Arm slave. After several years of pleas with the UN and abusing loop holes found in The Arms Trade Treaty of japan and other international trade agreements, EHI was able to secure the right to export limited numbers of the Raven series. The Ravens are Japan's first Palladium arc reactor powered AS, due to the trade treaty the Raven does not carry or store any internal weaponry and must be armed locally on delivery. Melee weapons are shipped along with the Ravens because they are legal but they cannot be concealed or stored inside of the Raven, thus the raven have no anti-amour knives. The ravens are also modular configurable to make up for the fact that it carries no internal weapon systems.
Within Japan the Raven is referred to as the Type-11 "Samurai". The designer distinctively wanted to make sure that no one can mistake this Arm slaves as anything but a product of japan by emphasizing its "Samurai" styled Armour design.
On paper the Raven series appears to be average and below average in performance. Even the under-powered international export version of the Soviet Zy-99m appear to outperform the Raven. the only notable feature of the Raven is its borderline ridiculous power output of its Palladium arc reactor. The reason for this was that the extra power is used to activate EHI's proprietary "God-Speed" thrust vectoring maneuvering boosters located on its shoulder guards and other key locations. The raven is capable of changing directions in midair and can achieve limited flight/ super jump or to sprint on land at speeds in excess of 400Km/h. this is all achieved through prototype thrusters that propel itself by firing off electro magnetic ion pulses. in theory these thrusters are only effective in Space but due to the raven's high power arc reactor, its practical to a point in atmosphere.
the god speed system is heavily taxing to the AS's reactor and batteries, pending a better software update that improves control and power regulation, the system is only to be activated to decisively end a battle or in emergencies. Also this system is controlled rather awkwardly by the pilots's fingers via HAT switches and eye movement, the controls are far from perfect and would require the average pilot weeks before they can become proficient in its use.
After a Lengthy debate period. Japan have decided to hire the DOMS to field test the Raven series in all areas of combat operations. all technical support staff required will be provided by EHI in order to facilitated maintenance and adjustments. DOMS team 3 was selected for the Job, and over time EHI have provided 4 different Raven configurations.

Blaze raven- melee and multirole
Spoiler for img:

Blast raven - long range support
Spoiler for img:

Phantom raven - EW-support/flanker/
Spoiler for img:

Aegis raven - Defensive-close support
Spoiler for img:

Spoiler for Raven plot:

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2014-12-26 at 04:19.
Old 2014-09-16, 11:04   Link #7315
nooneagain

hey guys, Is FMP: Another a separate series from the rest, with different main characters?
anybody know the real age of sousuke? it was stated in the wiki that his exact b-day is unknown and it was just presumed to be july 7 1984

Last edited by nooneagain; 2014-09-16 at 11:20.
nooneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 17:18   Link #7316
FeistyDreams

The faster-seeming reaction time on the Raven... I, I had actually planned on using something pretty much exactly like that for a long time, and started a fanfic project using it some time ago. Well then. Good to know my idea was completely plausible in the FMP-verse XD

@nooneagain: Yes, FMP!Another is a separate cast, minus a few that show up, but they aren't the focus. The new group is.

Sousuke's exact date of birth is never confirmed, but it's probably sometime early-mid 1981 (1984 is anime timeline, the original timeline would be '81) July 7 is what he put on his paperwork, presumably to make it easier to remember - Uruz 7, born 7-7? Coincidence? Yeah, right, definitely sounds like they were making it easy to remember, lol. At the start of FMP, he's about 16/17, by the end he's 18, maybe 19. At the start of FMP!A, which starts up 11 years after the end of the original, Sousuke would be about 29/30. Except we don't see him at all, lol. I believe at least 8 months has passed in FMP!A, so by now he's about 30/31, where the series currently stands.
Old 2014-09-16, 23:19   Link #7317
nooneagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
The faster-seeming reaction time on the Raven... I, I had actually planned on using something pretty much exactly like that for a long t

Sousuke's exact date of birth is never confirmed, but it's probably sometime early-mid 1981 (1984 is anime timeline, the original timeline would be '81).
hmm idk but is it safe to say that maybe he is younger than what is listed as his bday? I feel like he is younger than he is officially ...
can you describe the main characters in FMP: Another? if you don't mind.
Old 2014-09-17, 00:42   Link #7318
FeistyDreams

Actually, they give impression that he may be a little older. In the side story "Voice From the North," Kalinin is thinking about something that happened "13 years ago" at a time when Sousuke is assumed to be 17. When he mentions young Sousuke, he thinks of him as being "4 or 5 years old" -- If he was 4, then it matches up, but if he was 5, then he's close to a year older than what we expect. It's because of that that I tend to believe he was probably born earlier in the year rather than in the middle/later.

But, well, we have no solid answers, so if you like thinking of him as being younger, there's nothing that says you're wrong!

Ahh, as for the main characters, I think you'll find some better information than I can give within the last 2 pages. Their names are Tatsuya and Adelina "Lina", so look for those names.
Old 2014-09-17, 02:48   Link #7319
nooneagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
But, well, we have no solid answers, so if you like thinking of him as being younger, there's nothing that says you're wrong!

Ahh, as for the main characters, I think you'll find some better information than I can give within the last 2 pages. Their names are Tatsuya and Adelina "Lina", so look for those names.
can't find them on databases of some sites like wikia or myanimelist
Old 2014-09-17, 18:56   Link #7320
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneagain View Post
hmm idk but is it safe to say that maybe he is younger than what is listed as his bday? I feel like he is younger than he is officially ...
can you describe the main characters in FMP: Another? if you don't mind.
can't find them on databases of some sites like wikia or myanimelist
word of god is that Souske is 16/17 at the beginning of the story. since Tessa is roughly the same or younger than souske, Tessa is 28/27 in Fmp Another since she is born in 84 and it is currently 2011 in another , so i would assume Sosuke to be around that age as well.
FMP another is mostly unknown in the west so only Japanese and Chinese Wikia have comprehensive entries in them. Myanimelist is shit.
Also read my post about vol 1 on the last page for the description on most of the the MCs.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2014-09-18 at 07:46.

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen