AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-10-27, 13:11   Link #501
ranchan13

I have a feeling that Fuuka was the Kamina to Yuu's Simon.
But wow, killing off the title character....
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 13:16   Link #502
SkoolRumble4Ya

Oh shit Seo why you kill Fuuka off. I didn't expect this to happen. I'm gonna feel depress for awhile. R.I.P. Fuuka.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 13:23   Link #503
techblade

Fuuka deserved to die for wasting her talent as a sprinter and trying to be a singer idol slut for the masses.
techblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 13:45   Link #504
Juke16

The author sure made a legend, the legend of the shortest 37 chapter shoujo manga about a band ever made.

/maybe everything's going to start tumbling down, tumbling down...
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 14:06   Link #505
semlohkcolrehs
jancok asu kabeh

IIRC there was supranatural tag in fuuka
semlohkcolrehs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 14:06   Link #506
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendzerox View Post
Now that I've calmed down mostly, here is my two cents. I most likely won't drop Fuuka. My thoughts on the manga so far and the recent chapter:

The manga name Fuuka is not named after Fuuka Akitsuki, its named after the band. The manga seems to be told in the past tense, told through Yuu's memories. so when the manga started, Fuuka was already dead. How far is it gonna go until it catches up to the present? Also as much as he has pissed me off and ruined the happy Suzuka ending, I find myself wanting to read next chapter even though I know I probably will regret it. Since the memory of Fuuka smiling happily at the end of Suzuka is gone.
But.. The band's name isn't Fuuka. The Band's name is Akitsuki; and maybe it's not even that and that it's literally Fallen Moon. It said so in the notes on chapter maybe chapter 30?

I don't know why I keep seeing that the band's name is "Fuuka". Yeah, it's still named after her, but Fuuka isn't the band's name.

I'm going to keep reading this though. I haven't been hit like this since I read "Looking for Alaska." That was similar, the main character's main love interest suddenly dies in a car accident halfway through the book right after you start to feel a sense of "They're going to end up together." I finished that, and I'll finish this.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 14:24   Link #507
konokon
Banned

I Think Volume 004 Will be Released Next Month

This is Reality . This is Published This is TRUTH and Now No One Can Say Anything

For Many Chapter 35 Is The Real Chapter But They Have to Accept the TRUTH Provided

by SEO KOUJI . Many Read it for Fun Entertainment but

I and Many Others are emotionally Attached and Now feeling Hurt Quite a Bit .

Last edited by konokon; 2014-10-27 at 14:51.
konokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 14:24   Link #508
Hassou Tobi

I've seen this posted on several other forums and boards already, so I'll start a discussion about it here: how contrived and Seo-like would it be to eventually do a manga where Daiki and Fuuka's little sister end up together? I don't even want to think about what dramatic bullshit Seo would cook up for it.

Too late, I already did. I don't think Seo has nearly enough tact to handle the sensitive topic of rape.
Hassou Tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 14:25   Link #509
iCK

I honestly love everything reaction to Seo. No matter what he does, everyone hates it!
Everyone was complaining about how predictable he is, and blah blah blah. But now he did the unpredictable and people are raging. It's hilarious. Grow up and deal with it. It's a fictional story.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 14:31   Link #510
Hassou Tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
I honestly love everything reaction to Seo. No matter what he does, everyone hates it!
Everyone was complaining about how predictable he is, and blah blah blah. But now he did the unpredictable and people are raging. It's hilarious. Grow up and deal with it. It's a fictional story.
I think the general consensus is that while it's shocking, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. Go a few pages back and you'll see that quite a few members predicted her death.
Hassou Tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 14:47   Link #511
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I don't hate that he killed off a titular character, I hate that he made a manga about the daughter of Yamato and Suzuka and killed her off. That was not necessary, he could have created a new character for that.

I mean, don't you guys feel anything at all when you read this pages and the last chapters of the Fuuka manga?
Spoiler for Fuuka:

Yamato and Suzuka gave up so much for their daughter and despite that, they where happy.
Like someone from the *****fox Forum said.
"All the hardships that Yamato and Suzuka faced while having fuuka so early in their teens seems like a waste and more painfull now "
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 15:04   Link #512
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassou Tobi View Post
I think the general consensus is that while it's shocking, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. Go a few pages back and you'll see that quite a few members predicted her death.
A meteor falling from the sky right now is not out of the realm of possibility either, the thing is that no one actually believed he would do this. As you can tell by everyone's reaction.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 15:06   Link #513
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The way he was looking at the instrument at the end of the chapter, I get the feeling that Yuu might throw himself into music and just not think of anything besides that for a while since it is a last connection he still has with Fuuka now that she is gone. He'll shut himself in for a while but I bet when they come for himself it will turn out he had created several song about Fuuka and practiced really hard n his instrument to become great at it.
Except, of course, that those few pages showed him closing the (cupboard) door on his instrument and (metaphorically) cutting off his relationships. He's shutting everything out, as per his original nature, to prevent himself from getting hurt.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 15:08   Link #514
konokon
Banned

The 1ST Manga I read is of SEO KOUJI MASTERPIECE

So i am Completely Attached and Reading It From 1st Chapter as soon as Its Release

AND Now I have to See This : I am completely Upset and like many Others I Think This Is Too Much .

All Those Pure Feelings are Gone

YUU KUN is Looking at Guitar Given By MS. YOUNG ASAHINA

And Legend Begins : This Legend Must be Huge

YUU KUN Right Now is quite like YUU KUN of 1st Chapter and I am sure SISTERS are there to

Help YUU KUN and I Think MAYBE TAMA CHAN to show to appear In Next Chapter .
konokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 15:14   Link #515
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
I don't hate that he killed off a titular character, I hate that he made a manga about the daughter of Yamato and Suzuka and killed her off. That was not necessary, he could have created a new character for that.

I mean, don't you guys feel anything at all when you read this pages and the last chapters of the Fuuka manga?
Spoiler for Fuuka:

Yamato and Suzuka gave up so much for their daughter and despite that, they where happy.
Like someone from the *****fox Forum said.
"All the hardships that Yamato and Suzuka faced while having fuuka so early in their teens seems like a waste and more painfull now "
I believe that just makes it the more realistic, life will always throw sh*t at your face when you least expect it and it all happens regardless of who you are or how much you have suffered.

Gotta give the props to Seo for having the balls to pull something of this magnitude.

R.I.P Fuuka.
Old 2014-10-27, 15:16   Link #516
cadu_

I still believe this is going to turn into a sci-fi story and Fuuka`s parents will research for a way to bring her back from the dead together with the MC.
Old 2014-10-27, 15:44   Link #517
techblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
I still believe this is going to turn into a sci-fi story and Fuuka`s parents will research for a way to bring her back from the dead together with the MC.
Bring her back to life as a zombie and live out as a couple as the MC tries to find a way to preserve her flesh so it won't rot to hell. Having sex with a zombie means it'll be cold so no body warmth. Gotta watch out for the maggots too when kissing.
Old 2014-10-27, 15:48   Link #518
Sejuro
Ghost Member

This whole bitter situation reminds me of Mitsuru's Adachi's Cross Game. Strangely my grieving for
Spoiler:
was much, much worse... maybe because personally I was always rooting for Sara or was it Adachi's narration charm, hm.

edit: I've just reread all 37 chapters and fuck, this is sad.

Last edited by Sejuro; 2014-10-27 at 16:04.
Sejuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 15:49   Link #519
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by techblade View Post
Bring her back to life as a zombie and live out as a couple as the MC tries to find a way to preserve her flesh so it won't rot to hell. Having sex with a zombie means it'll be cold so no body warmth. Gotta watch out for the maggots too when kissing.
Fuuka could be like Rea (Sankarea) and eat Yu in the end (or his heart).
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 15:51   Link #520
techblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Fuuka could be like Rea (Sankarea) and eat Yu in the end (or his heart).
Gotta get one of those restraining mouth pieces so she won't bite but then she'll just be a moving sex doll that will smell bad.

Tags
harem, music, romance, seo being seo, seo kouji, shounen, tragedy