AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 15 17.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 29.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 31.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-28, 04:03   Link #61
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
A couple of things

-Suou said "Hei" for the first time. I think, I "think", she would only refer him as that guy before.

-Two people accused Hei for being a lolicon. I think in a way he is finding/caring for girls similar to his sister.
And, in Yin's case, sleeping with them. Also, IIRC, Pai wasn't a loli, was she?
Old 2009-11-28, 04:24   Link #62
Tiberium Wolf

No! Tanya shouldn't have died. Now Suou don't have any friends left. The other 2 girl friends don't count to the story anyway.
Old 2009-11-28, 04:24   Link #63
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And, in Yin's case, sleeping with them. Also, IIRC, Pai wasn't a loli, was she?
She was about a year or so younger than Hei during the Heaven's Gate war, and Hei became a mercenary at around SIXTEEN. So not quite a loli anymore, but the younger image of her seems to be the one Hei keeps in his memory.
Old 2009-11-28, 04:35   Link #64
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post
If my memory is correct, I read somewhere that the director said hei certainly has a remuneration.
Wasn't it already confirmed in S1 that contractors who have lost their original body (Bai/Pai in Hei's case, as his powers came from her -- or more like, she's his power, in a more abstract way) no longer need to pay for their contract? For example: Mao and the body-swapping contractor.

Quote:
I am not against the pace of Hei's recovery. But what makes me wonder is the consistency of Hei's character. Before S1, Hei had gone through similar (or more serious) suffering: he lost his sister, was betrayed by his lover, and his comrades were all gone. Despite of those painful events, he looked rather OK in his early 20s (S1). Now he is supposed to be more experienced and mature (S2), but the very same person becomes a hobo this time? Unless proper explanations were given, it does not look very consistent for me.
His current condition is the effect of being pursued by the syndicate while somehow losing Yin in the process. He may have been recruited by the CIA, but as we can see he's largely working alone. Back in Season 1, when he lost Havoc and his sister and got "betrayed" by Amber, he still had the Syndicate to fall back to (which kept a tight leash around their agents at that time, especially the famous Black Reaper). And besides, you don't need good appearances when you're not doing fancy infiltration or secret agent duty (which was what Hei was doing most of the time in S1).

By the way, I went over the recording near the end and this is the best I can get:

Quote:
Very rough translation: Only you [can] go (?). Other suggestions welcome.

Audio taken from DTB Season 2 Ep08, near the end. This is part of the recording of Misaki's Boss's confession regarding the syndicate back in the last episode of Season 1. I think the voice in this clip comes from Amber.

By the way, the original was sped up 10x according to the accompanying animation, but slowing it down to 10% didn't make much sense (hard to clearly hear and decipher).
Old 2009-11-28, 04:45   Link #65
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Aww Tanya die She was one of the contractors I liked. Not a big fan of her power though. Why couldn't it have been butterflies instead?

And Suou's dad is actually still alive... and I wonder why Shion didn't go meet up with his sister.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-11-28, 04:48   Link #66
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

I didn't expect Tanya to die this soon. T-T

I was even hoping that the two would come into terms with each other. Argh! What a tragic end. ToT

Anyway, Misaki looks great with her hair down like that especially without her glasses. =D
Old 2009-11-28, 05:34   Link #67
Thoguht

Quote:
It is revealed that Yin's ability is to make contractors suicide themselves.
So that's how Michiru died, not by Yin using some sort of water power of her own, but by making Michiru use her own power against herself.
Old 2009-11-28, 05:34   Link #68
Hobbit
. . .

Well, if Shion is able to shoot, what he wants from Suou? It's clear that he shot Tanya while paying his remuneration.

A good ep., but where are they going? 4 eps. to the end and still much left to resume the plot.
Old 2009-11-28, 06:29   Link #69
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Such a fitting title for Yin..now I understand why she was called Izanami ;( well, not really fitting..but considering who Izanami really is and how Yin had the power to make people suicide..

Anyway, I can't wait for the next episode >w< Kiku and Gai FTW

Old 2009-11-28, 06:42   Link #70
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Good episode .
As usual the soundtrack is great
Hei eat eat eat !
Shion shoot Tanya . Sad for Suou .
The contractor who predict the futur hmmm don't remember .

Yeah , Kiku and Gai are back !
Old 2009-11-28, 06:56   Link #71
Joe_fh

Ok first of all why did they have to kill Tanya? That was a real letdown for me since it could have been handled in much batter and more interesting way. They practically killed one of the main plotlines just like that. And why? Seriosly I'll be glad if someone could point out a reason why Tanya was there at all if that part of the story ended like this...Even if Tanya wasn't a character with enough screetime for the viewer to connect with her (as all other S2 non-main characters) but it was clear that Suou had a storng connection to her from the early episodes and it was somewhat of a driving force in her development. The way I see it killing her off was really a stupid thing to do.

It's one thing to have a bit rushed character development but this? It's too much too fast and it goes against almost everything they were trying to do this far. During this episode Suou's character was way off from they were building it to be. Last episode it changed and it did pretty fast but come on the events in this episode were too rushed.

And the funny moments with Mao didn't help at all this time.

Well at least we learned something new about Yin.
Oh let's not forget Shion somhow knew Suou and Tanya would be there and having the same rifle. That again felt really rushed and out of place but we got to see part of Shion's power. Still it's strange since his renumeration is being in a wheelchair and Suou is folding origami Of course that's probably only part of his power but the "help me up part" proves that that is his power and he's not just using a random anti-tank rife to snipe

The contractor that has seen the future is equal to a one that can predict it meaning Amber was such a contractor and proably the old stargazer who was mumbling random things that probably make sense if you connect them with events.

On another note were they blind? I mean the shot came from around 90° from Suou's postion and no one noticed? I mean ain't it a bit obvious especially if you consider the caliber of the weapon and the damage done?
I know, I know it's an anime

Either way the pretty much ruined a perfectly good possibility to develop the characters more not to mention that killing off all the ones that are introduced is getting a bit annoying since they don't get much development and just die. Kind of feels like the let a lot of good points go to waste.
Old 2009-11-28, 07:48   Link #72
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
kiko and gai next episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yahoh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~!!!

Kiko doesn't look three years older... Eh? Work harder, staff. <--actually prefers it if she didn't though...
ohhhhhhhhhhhh yes .finally they appeard
the best two char in dtb....big rep for u <3 :d:d:d
Old 2009-11-28, 07:52   Link #73
Mr. Anime

nice episode, i am rly looking forward to see kiko and gai again they were hilarious^^
but time is running out so there HAS to be a 3rd season if not i ll start crying.
i am so excited what ll happen when hei meets yin, u can see that he doesnt rly care about suou shooting tanya but when she tried to shot yin, he desperately stopped her

can some1 tell me where i can get the music from the anime? i am not talking about the OP or ED but the music that started after hei pierced that russian guys hand with a knife, or in episode 8 when hei jumped off a truck and killed the contractor ilya.
Old 2009-11-28, 07:57   Link #74
Scarabaeus
~ Contractor ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anime View Post
nice episode, i am rly looking forward to see kiko and gai again they were hilarious^^
but time is running out so there HAS to be a 3rd season if not i ll start crying.
i am so excited what ll happen when hei meets yin, u can see that he doesnt rly care about suou shooting tanya but when she tried to shot yin, he desperately stopped her

can some1 tell me where i can get the music from the anime? i am not talking about the OP or ED but the music that started after hei pierced that russian guys hand with a knife, or in episode 8 when hei jumped off a truck and killed the contractor ilya.
A 3rd Season would be very nice Hei is really a lot different from the 1st Season. He is more serious and darker then before.

I think there will be a OST for the second season, but still no sight for it. I like that music, too. The music you mean was once used in the trailer I think I will try to make a RIP from the episode <_<°
Old 2009-11-28, 08:15   Link #75
Forever
Revealing the truth

Ah Tanya is dead. The only hope she could be alive is that shion somehow used the same thing that saved his dad on her as well.
Old 2009-11-28, 08:17   Link #76
Mr. Anime

when i started watching anime, everything was complete and rdy and now 6 years later i w8 more than anything else^^
does some1 know how popular DtB is in japan? i just watched season1 again and its one of those animes where still many questions need to be answered, if they finish in the next 4 or 5 episodes + the OVA i think there is much story worth telling left (and animes like naruto shippuden and bleach consist of nothing but slow talk, repeating flashbacks and fillers to make it longer)
Old 2009-11-28, 10:48   Link #77
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Hei's stomach is BACK !!!
What an appetite...

EDIT
Gai is back next episode...
Ha ha ha... Now Gai officially become DtB mascot character...

Tanya is dead...
Now, Suou is really alone...

Last edited by Azuma Denton; 2009-11-28 at 11:08.
Old 2009-11-28, 11:10   Link #78
LKK

Quote:
Don't dead people float up?
Yes, dead bodies float, not sink. There's even a swimming position called the Dead Man's Float that's recommended for people who have been thrown overboard and are awaiting rescue.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-11-28, 11:37   Link #79
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Don't dead people float up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Yes, dead bodies float, not sink. There's even a swimming position called the Dead Man's Float that's recommended for people who have been thrown overboard and are awaiting rescue.

Dead bodies float only after they've been decomposing. Freshly dead bodies will sink like a rock...
Old 2009-11-28, 11:41   Link #80
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
Dead bodies float only after they've been decomposing. Freshly dead bodies will sink like a rock...
Doesn't it depends on if the body still has air inside of it?

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2009-11-28 at 13:19.
Closed Thread