AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-07, 02:22   Link #1861
yurifanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
I got nothing against his review. He didn't seem bias and cocky to me. And I think he wrote it pretty professionally [I mean, no swear words or any other vulgarity].

But he sure had me confused. How is he so sure that Heero went on a killing spree because he went berserk for unknown reasons and THAT's the reason why he got frozen? So his punishment was to be frozen for 30 years? No way, man. That doesn't make sense. If anything, the higher-ups would order professionals to hunt him down and kill him to stop him from going berserk and taking innocent lives. Not bloody freeze him.

And how is he so sure Relena ordered Milliardo's assassination? Not mocking him or anything, these are genuine questions and nothing but genuine questions. Did I miss something? Coz I'm kiiinda sure I never read stuff that confirmed those situations...
Everybody's a critic, so doesn't matter to me. Does anyone think this frozen teardrop will ever be made into an anime such as an OVA?
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 02:49   Link #1862
Mangaka-chan

I certainly wouldn't mind an anime of FT, but depending on how long the novel will go on, I can't see Bandai supporting more than an OVA or short series.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 03:14   Link #1863
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I certainly wouldn't mind an anime of FT, but depending on how long the novel will go on, I can't see Bandai supporting more than an OVA or short series.
I personally would like to see an OVA.
Old 2011-01-07, 03:17   Link #1864
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifanboy View Post
Everybody's a critic, so doesn't matter to me.
Eh?? Sorry, what doesn't matter to you?
Old 2011-01-07, 03:23   Link #1865
yurifanboy

Quote:
Eh?? Sorry, what doesn't matter to you?
Those 'asshats' at ANN and their reviews don't bother me. Some people might get mad when these 'asshats' merely express their opinion. When the opinion does not coincide with that of the review's reader(s), the reviewer is then an 'asshat'. For example, if it is true the dude over at MAHQ gave Gundam Wing bad reviews initially and I read them when I love Gundam Wing, I am not bothered that someone else berates GW.
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 03:25   Link #1866
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifanboy View Post
Those 'asshats' at ANN and their reviews don't bother me. Some people might get mad when these 'asshats' merely express their opinion. When the opinion does not coincide with that of the review's reader(s), the reviewer is then an 'asshat'. For example, if it is true the dude over at MAHQ gave Gundam Wing bad reviews initially and I read them when I love Gundam Wing, I am not bothered that someone else berates GW.
Oh ok, sweet.
Old 2011-01-07, 04:34   Link #1867
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Right. So I just read Gundam Wing's page in TV Tropes [again] and I think that's where some people get the information that Heero got frozen because he went berserk shortly after Endless Waltz and that it's Relena who had Milliardo killed.

I wonder who put it up on there and wheretheheck they got those information from?! Coz they seem certain enough that they had to post it up already. I know I sound bloody harsh but I'm willing to eat my words if they'll show me legit sources... WHICH, right now, is the novel itself and only the novel itself... WHICH, btw, we're also updated about, here. [Unless we're missing something or they actually interviewed Sumisawa, which I doubt.]

None of our questions has been answered/confirmed yet, right? We STILL don't know why Heero got frozen, we STILL don't know why he went berserk and WHEN, and we don't even know yet if the Milliardo who got shot really is Relena's older bro, Zechs, and it wasn't mentioned she ordered his assassination, right? Or was it? Man. Where are these coming from! Gaahhh!! Or is it just me who doesn't know all this? If it's just me, then fine. I'll take all my words back, so someone please confirm. @_@
Old 2011-01-07, 05:47   Link #1868
Kitsoru
:3c

lol I ignore TV Tropes for a few weeks and people go crazy on it. Figures. I was adding stuff to the page about the novel in the past couple months, but those two parts definitely weren't part of my edits.

You're not crazy, people are just posting Epileptic Trees and jumping the gun in their edits.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 05:50   Link #1869
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
lol I ignore TV Tropes for a few weeks and people go crazy on it. Figures. I was adding stuff to the page about the novel in the past couple months, but those two parts definitely weren't part of my edits.

You're not crazy, people are just posting Epileptic Trees and jumping the gun in their edits.
Usually monitor the 00 pages, but I'll start checking in on Wing every once in a while to make sure that doesn't keep happening.
Old 2011-01-07, 07:03   Link #1870
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post

Yeah, I figured those who posted those entries aren't from this thread. It's just pissing me off because one false rumour like that will spread like wildfire, and then the next thing you know, everyone "outside" thinks it's for real, and then they'll start sharing the story everywhere they can, from their own point of view, and then the whole story will be altered like nuts [before we, here, even get to the bottom of it] and then know-it-all fans, who initially didn't even give a damn, would start telling the story from this hearsay and only this hearsay, convincing themselves they're right and shove it down others' throats. What's so bloody hard in posting SAFE statements, especially if its publicised like that to avoid misleading others. Honestly.

Anyway, I saw the updates on Wikia, and fortunately, the ones in Wikia actually coincide with tangible facts. Thank heavens whoever updates that one.
Old 2011-01-07, 10:59   Link #1871
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
What's so bloody hard in posting SAFE statements, especially if its publicised like that to avoid misleading others. Honestly.
Welcome to my world.

Quote:
Anyway, I saw the updates on Wikia, and fortunately, the ones in Wikia actually coincide with tangible facts. Thank heavens whoever updates that one.
Wikia has actually been pretty good about that lately.
Old 2011-01-07, 13:04   Link #1872
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I saw this on DA yesterday and it reminded of Heero's comments to Duo after being defrosted.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-07, 15:37   Link #1873
Kitsoru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Wikia has actually been pretty good about that lately.
That would be me, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I saw this on DA yesterday and it reminded of Heero's comments to Duo after being defrosted.

Spoiler:
LMAO ah yes I've seen this one, you're right XD Oh, Duo. It's just too easy...
Old 2011-01-07, 17:12   Link #1874
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Well it's no surprise that the dude that wrote the review on ANN also babelfished the Wing interview (AmuroNT1). His already low credibility levels have sunk even lower in my opinion.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 23:52   Link #1875
ipon-bks
charred ford

OK so I'm new to this thread (been following though, just not all - missed page 70-80s)... and I think it's been talked about before... saw chap. 5 images just now, and... wondering who the woman with the knives is? Since she kinda reminded me of a character from FMA... ah well.

And the two cloaked figures at the bottom? Are those Gundams? I'm trying to follow this thread, but since this grows a lot quicker than I can ever imagine, I'll just pop in sometimes... glad to know that GW isn't dead yet though and hoping for -some- 1xR in the end... or possibly even another AC series?

edit: sorry, just checked wikia and found out that that was Catherine and Warlock along with Snow White >_>;;

Last edited by ipon-bks; 2011-01-08 at 00:00. Reason: haven't checked wikia
ipon-bks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 13:17   Link #1876
wingzerosnuggles

I commissioned this 1xR Frozen Teardrop fan art from ichan-01. It kind of reminds me of that scene in The Mummy where Rick kisses Evie because he knows he’s doomed to be hanged. Evie bought his freedom a few minutes later. xD

Evie: By the way, why did you kiss me?
Rick: (while loading handgun) I dunno. I was about to be hanged; it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Evie: (angrily storms off) Oh!
Rick: (confused) What? What did I say?

Spoiler for size:

Not quite sure if Evil!Relena would do the same since she would more likely be the one making sure Heero stays chained up. But hey, we haven’t really met her yet. Chapter 6 of FT in less than twenty days peepz!

Who wants to buy Sumisawa more weed?

Also, Pixiv has some new Duo Jr. art:
Spoiler for size:

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2011-01-08 at 15:15.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 15:30   Link #1877
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post

Spoiler for size:
I'd buy some Sumi-hash.

The eyes are a bit big but I like it.
Old 2011-01-08, 15:45   Link #1878
ipon-bks
charred ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
I commissioned this 1xR Frozen Teardrop fan art from ichan-01. It kind of reminds me of that scene in The Mummy where Rick kisses Evie because he knows he’s doomed to be hanged. Evie bought his freedom a few minutes later. xD

Evie: By the way, why did you kiss me?
Rick: (while loading handgun) I dunno. I was about to be hanged; it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Evie: (angrily storms off) Oh!
Rick: (confused) What? What did I say?

Spoiler for size:

Not quite sure if Evil!Relena would do the same since she would more likely be the one making sure Heero stays chained up. But hey, we haven’t really met her yet. Chapter 6 of FT in less than twenty days peepz!

Spoiler for size:
um, question? what are the tags for FT or GW in general in pixiv?
Old 2011-01-08, 15:56   Link #1879
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipon-bks View Post
um, question? what are the tags for FT or GW in general in pixiv?
Gundam Wing is ガンダムW

Frozen Teardrop is just... Frozen Teardrop.
Old 2011-01-08, 16:01   Link #1880
ipon-bks
charred ford

Ah, okay, thanks Probably gonna check it later in the afternoon, since I can see the sun rising here now...

Just glad to know that there are still lots of GW fans out there

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing