AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-04, 23:00   Link #161
faust123
I Beat Cherry Blossom

I love this manga, even if it is a bit of a guilty pleasure. Though the story does seem to rehash early on, if you stick with it you are rewarded with some somewhat unique conflict...

Be interesting to see what the anime adaptation is like. At least we are guaranteed some eye candy, because the female character designs are among some of my favorites.
faust123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 00:03   Link #162
Echoes

The first episode was far from impressive, especially when I put it in contrast to the lovely first episode of H2O I just saw.

Moka-san is cute, she's very cute, but right now, that's probably the only positive the series got going for it. I'll probably keep watching with low expectations.
Old 2008-01-05, 00:13   Link #163
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well after Kaze no Stigma not too surprised with the pantsu shots from Gonzo. But will see how the series turns out anyways. God knows those guys like to milk that kind of thing regardless of the situation.

Definitely one of those weird parents you see sometimes in a show that's for sure. Though with parents like that I guess you can understand how the guy didn't have the brain power to get into the normal schools with his friends. Still thought it was an alright start to the series and not a terrible first episode. Will just take the series as it comes.

Moka is an interesting enough character at the moment. Going from moe to dangerous should keep things interesting.
Old 2008-01-05, 00:58   Link #164
Zarifar
*Fansubber

Ayako-Bakawolf has got it out too. *grabs*
Zarifar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 01:20   Link #165
gonzo562

im totally suprised this series is only going to be 13 episodes. I wonder if thier gonna make a second season. Or will they be able to cover all 10 manga volumes in 13 episodes.

also man i i dont like the way this anime is going thier to many pantie shots. I hope the next few episodes wont be like this.

the first episode kinda reminded me of Ichigo 100% but moka didnt have strawberry panties
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 02:28   Link #166
LemonMunchies

there will probably be more than 13 :/ 26 episodes most likely, there've only announced 13 episodes

Last edited by LemonMunchies; 2008-01-05 at 02:44.
LemonMunchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 02:45   Link #167
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
im totally suprised this series is only going to be 13 episodes. I wonder if thier gonna make a second season. Or will they be able to cover all 10 manga volumes in 13 episodes.

also man i i dont like the way this anime is going thier to many pantie shots. I hope the next few episodes wont be like this.

the first episode kinda reminded me of Ichigo 100% but moka didnt have strawberry panties
I don't think that's happening. After watching the first episode today I decided to go and read the manga, up to chapter 23 now.... Episode 1 covers chapter 1, but with a few little changes. So far it's a 1 to 1 ratio. The manga is so far more amusing than the series, but I'm still anxious to watch it.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 03:05   Link #168
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
Ah, as for the manga, I've heard chapter 40 is the final one. Is that true??! If it is that'd be a really unsatisfying end..
Chapter 40 is the end of the so-called 'Season 1'. Since the series switched to Jump Square SQ, the serialization continues under the name 'Rosario+Vampire Season 2', the new name being merely a promotional stint for the brand new, ass-kicking JS SQ. There are three chapters out now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
The thing with the fanservice for me is that it can destroy really good stories (and I think that Rosario Vampire has a good story, in the beginning as mentioned a bit slow but later pretty good).
I remember Umisho, I enjoyed the manga but when I saw the series, fanservice en mass, I was totaly pissed andd stopped watching. Fanservice may be a nice add, but not overdone..
The R+V manga didn't have overwhelming fanservice. Sure, there were pantyshots here and there, but I don't think it was as bad as a boob-in-your-face series. But then again, my humble little self has become impervious to ecchi due to nudity overdoses...so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Quote:
A season 2? Does it has a different name? Cause I can't find any information on it..
Jump Square SQ is slightly harder to find since those who scan it have a little more work to do. After all, the damn thing is several hundred pages heavy, so you can understand why scans aren't as easy to find as Shonen Jump's. Besides, there's the price issue to take into account - the scanners are buying/ordering it with their own nickel and not all can afford it simultaneously.

Good thing it's only a monthly release, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
13?
If that's the case, then I guess the scriptwriter fell asleep reading the manga or the bookshop forgot to order the latest volumes and Gonzo only got vols 1-5.

There should be more than enough material to cover 26 eps. But if you took this information from Anime News Info, then it's not surprising. Production companies don't release all ep titles at once - usually by batches of ten or five depending on the publishing outlet (Newtype, etc). It just means 'only thirteen episodes confirmed so far. not sure if there are any more beyond that'. Same thing happened with Heroic Age. ANN only supplied a list of sixteen/eighteen-odd eps, leading some Animesuki users to believe that it wouldn't go up to 26, which it actually did. Just give it some time.
Quote:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I don't think that's happening. After watching the first episode today I decided to go and read the manga, up to chapter 23 now.... Episode 1 covers chapter 1, but with a few little changes. So far it's a 1 to 1 ratio. The manga is so far more amusing than the series, but I'm still anxious to watch it.
If Gonzo decides to skip the 'monster of the week' arcs, then there is a chance we could watch the whole
Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-05, 03:11   Link #169
gonzo562

Quote:
13?
If that's the case, then I guess the scriptwriter fell asleep when reading the manga or the bookshop forgot to order the latest volumes and Gonzo only got vols 1-5.

There should be more than enough material to cover 26 eps. But if you took this information from Anime News Info, then it's not surprising. Production companies don't release all ep titles at once - usually by batches of ten or five depending on the publishing outlet (Newtype, etc). It just means 'only thirteen episodes confirmed so far. not sure if there are any more beyond that'. Same thing happened with Heroic Age. ANN only supplied a list of sixteen/eighteen-odd eps, leading some Animesuki users to believe that it wouldn't go up to 26, which it actually did. Just give it some time.
ah i see thxs for explaining that
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 03:34   Link #170
LemonMunchies

delete this post

Last edited by LemonMunchies; 2008-01-05 at 03:36. Reason: spoiler tag wont show
LemonMunchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 03:39   Link #171
myopius

Man. I just have to post to express my disappointment.

I loved the manga, with a great pace and pleasantly intriguing storytelling style, but I always felt like it was missing something. That "something" was full color and smooth animation to lend an epic vibe to fight scenes which in the manga are delivered at a smoother pace than I feel they deserve. So I was really, really hoping this anime would be well-animated. And I don't care at all if they load it with fan service as long as it's well-animated, but since it's not well-animated, the fan service is a real kick in the face to me. ...Aha, I was right, GONZO did Full Metal Panic too. That explains it...

People always say this manga is shallow and stereotypical (I do recognize the presence of a lot of cliched elements, but the delivery is far from mediocre) and I feel that the path this anime adaptation is taking makes it a 0% chance that they will change their minds.

Obviously I'll keep following because I think there's a slight chance they can animate certain scenes well. The stuff that occurs... around chapter 11 if I recall correctly... is worth seeing animated (and if they screw up the characterization completely for that, that will be my cue to stop watching).

Major thanks to the Baka Wolf and Ayako for subbing this well and speedily, I'll keep following their releases. Now, time to pick up the manga where I left off in anticipation of the anime...
Old 2008-01-05, 04:16   Link #172
tbl
Affably Evil

I don't think I've seen an anime where there were panty shots just when the girl was walking normally.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 04:27   Link #173
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
I don't think I've seen an anime where there were panty shots just when the girl was walking normally.
You're completely right. It's all panty shots. No mater the event, clothes, or time; it's non-stop panty flashing!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 04:46   Link #174
-Nyu-
Yozora

It's just wrong to say that Gonzo makes bad anime cause Rosario Vampire isn't what people were expecting.
Just go watch Last Exile, Blue Drop, Romeo x Juliet, Yukikaze or Speed Grapher and you'll know why.
The point is, that Gonzo is bringing out 2-3 shows at once sometimes and there are always such with a really low production quality.
I have that impression for Rosario Vampire since it'll be only 13 episodes and I doubt the animation will improve that drasticaly the next episodes.
So what's left is probably a fanservice loaded anime for the really hardcore fans of the series and/ or ecchi people :P

@ Renegade334
Thanks for the info on the manga! Now I understand why the scans are so rare..
I wouldn't bother get this magazine, but my japanese bookstore here doesn't get it.
On the other hand though, I'm not sure if I'd get a whole magazine for just one series - rather not lol.
Ah as for the ecchi part, I play eroges and I saw a lot ecchi things, that much that I'm not just only used to it, I'm completely able to ignore it and concentrate on what I got the games for: Story
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 05:48   Link #175
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Very disappointing 1st episode, poor animation and excessive, unnecessary panty shots. It's almost as bad as Kaibutsu Oujo.
Old 2008-01-05, 06:02   Link #176
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Hmm. I actually liked the first episode. The seiyuu work is wonderful across the board, the animation doesn't seem that bad to me really, and it reminds me of Gososhusama Ninomiya-kun but with better pacing and easier to understand storyline so far.

Then again, I had ZERO expectation for this show (as in I didn't know the manga existed) and I had an alright time watching it.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 06:06   Link #177
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
The first episode like many of ya have posted, was okay in it's own world. I'll keep up with it for a few episode and depending on it i'll continue from there ^^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 06:08   Link #178
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I must be blind or something as I really don't see what is so bad about the animation. I may not be the epic quality which other companies such as shaft or kyoani can pump out but I wasn't so bad that it is unwatchable - trust me I have seen a LOT worse than this. If anything the animation in this first ep was average (or above) but definitely not bad. Even if there was any slips I didn't notice them after 2 watches.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 06:25   Link #179
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I suppose my expectation were too high, given it is by Gonzo.
Old 2008-01-05, 06:30   Link #180
zero7090

moka look cuter than in manga
i like it
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire