Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-23, 08:58   Link #201
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
The reason why most predictions blow up on people's faces is because they conclude their arguments based on subplots that are only halfway through, let alone a subplot that only went in two seconds into the show. Look at Dann and how he went around preaching like a crazy preaching thing. He saw the pieces but he didn't go further and see how the pieces joined together. Oh well.

But okay, lets battle the predictions out for a while. This C.C=/=C.Chi nonsense will be put to death if the series decides to use the memory loss as a bridge to the unconcerned C.C and a C.C who will regain her memories back, as you seem to be under the impression that a) she won't recover her memories and b) recovered C.C means to throw away all the times she spent with Lulu before, when in fact, there's a high chance she might embrace everything that's happened, and may serve as the trigger for her to see the true wish that Lulu saw, but she herself couldn't. However, I'll grant that it's wee too early to speculate, but I won't be surprised if this memory loss will serve as the trigger point to bind Lulu x C.C together, as it's pretty much the only thing that could sever C.C's defensive points and temporarily wash her suicidal mindset to let Lulu breach into her barrier.

This + C.C's eventual memory return = You have something to worry about.

As for Lulu x Kallen, well...

As far as canon goes, I'm not surprised they've started sinking the Lulu x Kallen ship (I didn't say sunk at least). It's remarkably easy to see which side is on the defensive, as it'll look like the crew tries to attack the other ship without trying to save their own ship from sinking. You're more than welcome to laugh at me if my predictions blow up in my face, btw, but while I'm a smartass, I won't usually say something unless I'm 100% confident in it, just as I'm confident in how the second half is slapping Dann silly right now.
Nonsense? It is very apparent that C.C and CChi are different people, CChi is the ten year old girl with the wish of being loved. The ten year old slave girl who had never known the warm of a family and is seeking that love, that is her wish. The C.C we see in the show and the one that gave geass to Lelouch has already dissociated herself from her past self. It is apparent in that she denies her name and more recently how her past self in her memories that was showing Lelouch her past are disassociated from her present self. Geass changed the ten year old slave girl and twisted her wish of being loved, the curse changed her into the person we know as C.C who desired death because of geass.

I just find it funny that C.C has gotten one single episode of development that is basically a wrap up of her own geass plot that may have gotten her closer to Lelouch after being ignored and sidelined for the entire season up to this point and suddently Kallen's ship is sunking when her own subplot have even yet begun to wrap up.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:05   Link #202
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
after she chooses to stay with lulu
he lies
she leaves
she understands that he lied
she goes back
kicks his ass
kisses him
then tells him if he ever lies to her again she'd kick his ass some more
I hope your prophecy comes true

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/
Old 2008-07-23, 09:14   Link #203
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quiite frankly, everything in S2 is basically a rehash of S1, albeit in a different way. From CC 'saving' Lulu in eps 1 of both series from the 'governor', to Zero's formation (s1) and reformation (s2) of the black knights, to having a female that's very important to Lulu becoming the governor, to Suzaku kicking grunt ass in order to rise in rank in the Brittania system, and even to Shirley's 'death' in both seasons, you can draw a parallel (with a twist) between the two seasons. As such, there's a lot that one can reasonably predict what will happen in the future judging from past events.

So yeah, I have no doubt in mind that moe CC would regain her memories, as it distinctly mirrors the Viletta sub-plot of last season where a strong confident woman is basically demoted to a moe character due to being amnesiac . While its true that Viletta did shoot Ougi in the end, one can't deny that she still has feelings for Ougi even now (which of course developed during the time she was amnesiac, and it was reciprocated by Ougi), and that would probably not change. So I have little doubt that we will see the surface of a CCXLulu relationship during the next dozen or so episodes. The only question is what will happen in the end when CC recovers her memories, if she would follow the same path as Viletta or not. But considering the relatively postive note at the end of S1 for CC and Lulu, it spells almost certain death to all other ships.

Which is quite unfortunate, since I'm hoping for both CC and Kallen to kick the bucket (Kallen after all has signs pointing towards that she's the Euphie of this season), so that either Kaguya, Anya, or most especially Millay wins by default. LuluXMillay, all the way!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-07-23, 09:16   Link #204
honeypie_0106

In a purely observative manner, I watched the last few minutes of CG R2 EP15..

That last CC X LULU bit isn't really all that "romantic"...
Old 2008-07-23, 09:19   Link #205
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie_0106 View Post
In a purely observative manner, I watched the last few minutes of CG R2 EP15..

That last CC X LULU bit isn't really all that "romantic"...
You mean the bit about knowing her Geass, and thus her true wish aka to be truely loved? Yes, definitely not romantic at all in a purely observational manner... <_<
Old 2008-07-23, 09:21   Link #206
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
(Kallen after all has signs pointing towards that she's the Euphie of this season)
I don't agree with this assessment. Though even if it were true, going by the parallels being similar but different, Kallen being this seasons Euphy does not mean she will die.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:23   Link #207
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
You mean the bit about knowing her Geass, and thus her true wish aka to be truely loved? Yes, definitely not romantic at all in a purely observational manner... <_<
Not anymore then the scenes with the other girls.

It was the wish if her ten year old self, what she was searching for was likely familial love rather then romantic love. I'm not ruling out the possibility but really currently her mind and emotions are that of a ten year old.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:23   Link #208
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Poll is now open, happy voting
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-07-23, 09:24   Link #209
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

First vote goes to me! *plants giant Kallen flag*
Old 2008-07-23, 09:25   Link #210
mashimaro_boy

2nd'ed, C.C. needs to be loved ~!!
Old 2008-07-23, 09:26   Link #211
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Not anymore then the scenes with the other girls.

It was the wish if her ten year old self, what she was searching for was likely familial love rather then romantic love. I'm not ruling out the possibility but really currently her mind and emotions are that of a ten year old.
Well, speaking of the other girls, I seem to recall a certain wager now about C.C getting some development with Lelouch by Turn 15...

How do you know exactly? She wasn't just going around with the familial love if things like 'proposals' and that dance were any indication >_>
Old 2008-07-23, 09:26   Link #212
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I voted Lelouch stays single, Rivalz x Millay, Others : I need my yaoi pairings damnit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
I just find it funny that C.C has gotten one single episode of development that is basically a wrap up of her own geass plot that may have gotten her closer to Lelouch after being ignored and sidelined for the entire season up to this point and suddently Kallen's ship is sunking when her own subplot have even yet begun to wrap up.
That's the way the plot goes : messy and predictable. 8-D
Old 2008-07-23, 09:26   Link #213
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber

And second goes for me. Another giant Kallen flag

Edit: meh, damn slow DSL... I got eighth place :/

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/
Old 2008-07-23, 09:27   Link #214
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Ah, man I don't like that. The poll has just been added and LelouchxC.C.xKallen isn't an option since I don't consider that a harem ending. I don't want to vote LelouchxHarem, because that implies he has 5 or 6 women maybe more at the end.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:27   Link #215
Var
Banned

Quote:
The reason why most predictions blow up on people's faces is because they conclude their arguments based on subplots that are only halfway through, let alone a subplot that only went in two seconds into the show. Look at Dann and how he went around preaching like a crazy preaching thing. He saw the pieces but he didn't go further and see how the pieces joined together. Oh well.
Only idiots jump to conclusions. I have to ask you, how, exactly, is what you are doing any different? The point you seem to be laboriously trying to reach is that one should not make a conclusion from unfinished subplots, which is fine, but you seem to have gotten lost somewhere along the way. C.C.'s Geass and Character plots were all wrapped up in Episode 15, we are now looking at a different plot about a very different C.C.. That's one subplot still wide open, next, we also have Kallen's subplot riddled with romantic undertones that is still floating around, unfinished and likely also only halfway through. How exactly, are you not jumping to conclusions by saying a ship has started to sink, when by your own logic, you shouldn't be saying that because the subplot is only half finished?

Baffling.

Quote:
But okay, lets battle the predictions out for a while. This C.C=/=C.Chi nonsense will be put to death if the series decides to use the memory loss as a bridge to the unconcerned C.C and a C.C who will regain her memories back, as you seem to be under the impression that a) she won't recover her memories and b) recovered C.C means to throw away all the times she spent with Lulu before, when in fact, there's a high chance she might embrace everything that's happened, and may serve as the trigger for her to see the true wish that Lulu saw, but she herself couldn't. However, I'll grant that it's wee too early to speculate, but I won't be surprised if this memory loss will serve as the trigger point to bind Lulu x C.C together, as it's pretty much the only thing that could sever C.C's defensive points and temporarily wash her suicidal mindset to let Lulu breach into her barrier.
I'm not quite sure where you are pulling this 'nonsense' clause from, when, quite clearly, a person is defined by their memories. That is an observable fact about humans, two identical people, raised in different environments develop into different people. They don't turn out to be the same exact same person. C.C. and CChi's memories are far removed from one another if not for only the experiences C.C. had which CChi will never experience.

Your assumption about what impression I happen to be under is also quite wrong. In fact, I'm almost certain that C.C.'s memories will return, but so to will the curse that warped her. It doesn't mean she'll just throw everything away, but C.C. and CChi have different wishes. One is to die, the other is to be loved. Once you combine both, you have a very blatant death flag flying up into the air. "Die with a smile" as they say. Then we also have to remember that someone will likely have to die with Charles and take up the unaccounted for power of Code.

You are looking at everything through Optimism-glasses that seem to be ignoring just how horrible C.C.'s memory must have been to warp her desire to be loved into a desire to simply be put down and out of her misery.

Quote:
This + C.C's eventual memory return = You have something to worry about.
No, that is an assenine presumption. I have more to worry about when I go outside in fear of a bus running me over for no reason. I think you should take off your tinted glasses and look at your own double standards about making assumptions when the subplots are not even near halfway completed.

Quote:
As for Lulu x Kallen, well...
Well?

Quote:
As far as canon goes, I'm not surprised they've started sinking the Lulu x Kallen ship (I didn't say sunk at least). It's remarkably easy to see which side is on the defensive, as it'll look like the crew tries to attack the other ship without trying to save their own ship from sinking. You're more than welcome to laugh at me if my predictions blow up in my face, btw, but while I'm a smartass, I won't usually say something unless I'm 100% confident in it, just as I'm confident in how the second half is slapping Dann silly right now.

Edit: Okay, signing out now, see you later, guys, shipping's all in good fun.
When, oh omnipotent god, have they started sinking the KallenxLelouch ship? When they were developing Kallen's interest in Lelouch through his sister even while she was captured? Through her unyielding devotion to him even in the face of Refrain? I must have missed this sinking moment of which you speak, but my eyes must not be as far seeing as yours.

And for the sake of my own sanity at this spewing of verbal diarrhea, this moment between C.C. and Lelouch was no different than the Kallen moments in Ep.10-11. As has been thrown around so much concerning that discussion "He'd have done it for any of his friends."... Well, "He'd have done it for any of his friends." I love when things go full circle. The only moment that has ever exceeded this was between him and Shirley, when he managed to admit that he liked her and during her death. That was a moment that may very well have nuked both ships to hell, but you seem to be omitting that for some reason.

If I come back to laugh at you, it won't be because your predictions are wrong, as I do not expect you to be some sort of soothsayer or farseer. The reason I'll likely laugh is because you run a double standard about jumping to conclusions.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:27   Link #216
KrimzonStriker

Hold the line C.CXLelouch fans!!
Old 2008-07-23, 09:32   Link #217
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
How do you know exactly? She wasn't just going around with the familial love if things like 'proposals' and that dance were any indication >_>
AFAIK, "ai" (愛, which was used) can mean any sort of affection or love. "koi" (恋) is the one that specifically refers to the romantic kind of love. But then again, I'm no native speaker and I'm just going by experience.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:33   Link #218
Eliarine

...so SchneizelxKanon is officially a "crack" pairing but KanonxNina is still up there?

*votes for LelouchxC.C*
Old 2008-07-23, 09:38   Link #219
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
how, exactly, is what you are doing any different?
Did I say I was different? Why do you think I acknowledged that I'm part of the team whose predictions might blow up in my face? Did I ever say those people are wrong?

Although I'm half-tempted to respond to your entire post in kind, but seeing my post has obviously struck your shipping nerve, my only suggestion to you, at the end of the day, is to slowly breathe in and breathe out, and

Take a chill pill already, it's just shipping.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:38   Link #220
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Picks, though admittedly, I chose more than I was supposed to. Oh well, it was spread across a different number of characters, so I don't feel any remorse.

Picks:
Lulu X CC - As I said before, I do think its the canon pairing. Always was, and from recent events, probably always will be >_>

Lulu X Anya (other) - My title isn't 'Osana-najimi Shipper' for no reason...

Zero X Kaguya - ditto...

Suzaku X Nunally - ditto again.

Lulu X Millay - my OTP, as the interactions between the two never ceases to amuse me. XD

VilettaXOugi - I do still think Viletta is the hottest woman of CG, and I think she deserves to be happy

Lloyd X Cecille - you don't know how ecstatic I was when Millay broke it off with Lloyd, as it not only opened the possiblity again for these two, but also made it possible for LloydXLaksharta

Kanon X Nina - in defiance of Yaoi vote

I would've also voted for the Chinese empress and her knight, but considering that her knight has a million death flags on him, he's as good as dead for me so I won't even bother. :heh

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Closed Thread

Tags
romance