AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Romance is in the air. Multiple selection available!
Layfon x Felli 148 58.96%
Layfon x Nina 84 33.47%
Layfon x Leerin 103 41.04%
Layfon x Gorneo aka --LayGor-- 12 4.78%
Layfon x Mei 43 17.13%
Layfon x Naruki 33 13.15%
Savaris x Layfon x Dixerio 12 4.78%
Dein Dee x Dalshena 7 2.79%
Dein Dee x Nina 2 0.80%
Harley x Nina 11 4.38%
Layfon x Kallian 5 1.99%
Felli x Shante 15 5.98%
Layfon x Other 11 4.38%
Other x Other 20 7.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-02, 15:48   Link #201
Saasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
We don't know exactly what he talks about to Leerin. I'd assume she already knows a lot about his pasts but I'm not sure how much he opens up to her about his worries. He has opened up to Nina and Felli about his worries. Mainly about trying to find his own path. He doesn't go in-depth but he has his reasons of course.
Hmm... I believe he does. His main worry as u have stated is about trying to find his path and during his date with Mei, didnt he voice out this worry to Leerin in his head? which kinda implies that he has mentioned these things to Leerin in his letters to her.

And, at the beginnining of the series she is aware that he wishes to lead a normal life and decides to respect his wishes for now. That 'for now' bothers me. It's like she knows he will eventually have to fight anyway.
Old 2009-03-02, 16:27   Link #202
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
What? How does this make sense? In what sense do the poor "have everything and do not need to worry about anything" that the rich person might be jealous of? Within the context of this show, I'd guess you're talking about freedom to choose one's path in life or something? Well, even if that's true, the particular phrasing makes no sense. Even if you prefer being poor and free to being rich and constrained, the poor certainly don't have everything.

And personally, as someone who's had complete freedom and enough food/clothes for my entire life, the food feels more important to me. Not to mention being poor limits your freedom to the actions which make money, or require investments of no more than ____. Which is the opposite of freedom.
Perhaps you did not get what I am saying. Instead you got defensive right away without reading my statement clearer. I did not say the poor have everything. What I am saying is that poor or rich people both have problems they have to deal with. The problems though is that both side tend to believe that the other don't have anything to worry or care about when both side actually do have problems of their own. I know someone who was has been on both side before. Before the war, they were a rich family but they had their own problems but during the war and after, they lost everything and nearly starved to death. Overall, they said that both side had different sufferings but either way, there is suffering for both side and not one side is exempt from the other.

Also it was a reply to one of the other statements which seems to imply that that since Nina is a rich girl, she does not have to worry about anything.

Last edited by Enternal; 2009-03-02 at 17:55.
Old 2009-03-02, 16:43   Link #203
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saasha View Post
Hmm... I believe he does. His main worry as u have stated is about trying to find his path and during his date with Mei, didnt he voice out this worry to Leerin in his head? which kinda implies that he has mentioned these things to Leerin in his letters to her.

And, at the beginnining of the series she is aware that he wishes to lead a normal life and decides to respect his wishes for now. That 'for now' bothers me. It's like she knows he will eventually have to fight anyway.
Well I assume he does express some of his worries to her. That's why I wondered how much he does. As a childhood friend she has the benefit of knowing more about his past so it would be much easier to open up to her. Not to mention it's pretty clear she knows his reasoning for leaving to find his own path. The question really is how much more does he open up to her than the other girls. My comment was in response to it being stated that Leerin was somehow the only girl he opens up to about things. That's not true and the gap between the other girls and Leerin on this issue is obviously closing and probably will continue to close.

I think the "for now" has to do with her wish to be with him not fighting. Then will come the time when the other girls need to give her a sharp backhand and tell her childhood friends are meant to be unlucky in love.
Old 2009-03-02, 18:34   Link #204
Saasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Well I assume he does express some of his worries to her. That's why I wondered how much he does. As a childhood friend she has the benefit of knowing more about his past so it would be much easier to open up to her. Not to mention it's pretty clear she knows his reasoning for leaving to find his own path. The question really is how much more does he open up to her than the other girls. My comment was in response to it being stated that Leerin was somehow the only girl he opens up to about things. That's not true and the gap between the other girls and Leerin on this issue is obviously closing and probably will continue to close.
Of course, I mentioned somewhere that all of the girls do/represent something to him. Nina & Feli have a relationship with him that has the potential to develop romantically while with Leerin we just need to discover the extent of his feelings for her. That is the only advantage she holds over the other two at the moment, since we have yet to see them interact.

Quote:
I think the "for now" has to do with her wish to be with him not fighting.
Oops! your right, didn't occur to me. *silly me*

Quote:
Then will come the time when the other girls need to give her a sharp backhand and tell her childhood friends are meant to be unlucky in love.
You wish!
Old 2009-03-02, 21:20   Link #205
TrueKnight

If there’s any agreement I have with non-Fon-fonxLeerin fans, is for Leerin coming to Zuellni as late as possible so Felli, Nina or [insert favorite girl here] can develop her relationship and elope early on with Fon-fon. When Leerin finally visit Zuellni, she’d be seeing Fon-fon already as a young daddy wearing apron with a cute or hot wife.

>.> <.< ….what?

*dodges multiple rage-bricks valiantly from Leerin fans before finally dies*
Old 2009-03-02, 23:10   Link #206
typhonsentra

I haven't seen this show but I don't understand how you can avoid shipping in a thread like this.
Old 2009-03-02, 23:15   Link #207
Saasha

uh huh. You should watch, it's pretty good.
Old 2009-03-02, 23:23   Link #208
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I haven't seen this show but I don't understand how you can avoid shipping in a thread like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roan View Post
I don't even understand how anyone can discuss romance in this series....
Well, try wondering "how can this thread even exist for this series" and maybe we'll get something.

... Don't mind me, I'm here for some entertainment including romance talks in the series.

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-03-02 at 23:35.
Old 2009-03-02, 23:32   Link #209
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
who said anything about avoiding?!

bring on the HMS Fon-Fen!

well I for one do tend to favor a certain ship in most series but also I'm one thats not bothered about what the "outcome" is in the end, I'm easy going when it comes to anime

shipping is a bonus, for s**** and giggles I guess
Old 2009-03-03, 01:23   Link #210
JediNight
キズランダム

Well shipping is basically pairing together characters you know aren't going to end up together. This early in the show, I don't think we can say at all who Layfon will end up with, if anyone yet. So it's perfectly fine to root for whoever.

Although I think the only 2 real contenders will end up being Felli and Nina. And even though I like Felli better, going by shonen genre history, Nina is the more likely "final girl".
Old 2009-03-03, 06:03   Link #211
TrueKnight

Abusive, cold > hotblood.
Old 2009-03-03, 06:44   Link #212
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
TrueKnight:Realy?Maybe as a character in anime/movies...but not as a person or a girlfriend.
Q: It's your stzatement of Felli fandom?:P
Old 2009-03-03, 06:53   Link #213
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb
TrueKnight:Realy?Maybe as a character in anime/movies...but not as a person or a girlfriend.
Q: It's your stzatement of Felli fandom?:P
Yeah, kinda. And there are lots of real masochist guys who likes being abused so.....
Old 2009-03-03, 07:21   Link #214
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

I think i am not one of them(as main part of the general populance of males:P)
Remember...despite the relatively lot of "masochist" male lead in animes(Sousuke, Saito for example). The cold and abusive girls rarely won in a "love fight"... and if yes,then not with their coldness and abusiveness:P
Not to mention that the used "masochist characters" as big anomalies as the big chested asian girls in anime.:P
Old 2009-03-03, 11:47   Link #215
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Well, i don't like maso-main chara but surely i despise max-abusive loli (Louise, Shana, Taiga, Index), but for felli is different, she isn't so loli nad her cold attitude is because her problem with her power, same for when she kick something or someone (with that she expresses her emotions, usually anger), so for me is good as chara.
For Layfon i think isn't maso as the others, so for now is ok xDD
Old 2009-03-03, 14:27   Link #216
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
um i still dont understand the concept of shipping... i hear it all the time if i read romance thread of series...people tend to get mad.
Old 2009-03-03, 15:35   Link #217
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Shipping means...being offensively fan of a pairing. You deffend it with your every post and state half true things as surely beneficient to XY pairing.
And if we see the shipping=worshipping concept:
Worship a character/pairing: being unreasonably biassed to that side and grab every bit of information to state your truth. An argument beetween two shippers from opposite side can be as fired up as a religious one.
Old 2009-03-03, 18:45   Link #218
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Lillin has a head start on a relationship with Fon Fon. plus its not like Fon Fon will fall for Felli somewhere along the line. he sees her as an upperclassmen and teammate. just like how he sees Nina as a leader and teammate rather than a romantic interest.
Old 2009-03-03, 19:15   Link #219
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Lillin has a head start on a relationship with Fon Fon. plus its not like Fon Fon will fall for Felli somewhere along the line. he sees her as an upperclassmen and teammate. just like how he sees Nina as a leader and teammate rather than a romantic interest.
He see Mei only as a friend
And probably he see Leerin as a sister, because they are grown together in the orphanage
I think that Layfon haven't romantic interest for now xDD
So no upper hand
Old 2009-03-03, 19:17   Link #220
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Shipping means...being offensively fan of a pairing. You deffend it with your every post and state half true things as surely beneficient to XY pairing.
And if we see the shipping=worshipping concept:
Worship a character/pairing: being unreasonably biassed to that side and grab every bit of information to state your truth. An argument beetween two shippers from opposite side can be as fired up as a religious one.
I agree on this.

And that, is not what I am here for. I believe talking about character's relationships, whether a pairing is possible or impossible, is fun.

And that's why we are all here right?
Closed Thread