Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-25, 19:32   Link #41
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by daft27
Hm.. very interesting theories Taliesin. If any of them are correct, it'll make for a good series. Now I can't wait to see what happens. Will it be theories 1-4 or none of the above? Sa na...
I think we can discount the second and third, the second was me having a momentory lapse of sanity, and the third takes the show to close to Wind for me. I think they're probably trying to go another route this time. Though who knows.

The first makes sense if they're going to avoid a magical type show, which i think would be interesting. The fourth would make it a sort of Kanon stylish anime, both have posibilities for some awsome story lines.

But lol, imagine if the second one was right roflmao that would be hilarious.

Either way i think there's some good stuff ahead, now i just need episode 3 so i can see if im right by compaing the opening scenes again
Old 2004-10-25, 21:28   Link #42
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I can understand what you're saying Taliesin, but the fact is, ever since watching Onegai Twins... I haven't felt the same watching an anime where siblings are especially close. Heh, I don't think I'll ever attempt Koi Kaze at this rate.

Spoiler for theory discussion:

Old 2004-10-25, 22:11   Link #43
BuGGY!!

Spoiler:

I really hate making predictions on animes and even more so if I accidently click into the naruto section.

Last edited by BuGGY!!; 2004-10-26 at 01:07.
Old 2004-10-29, 07:10   Link #44
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

lol my prediction was right!!!!

Spoiler:

Alright, this show just went from great to awsome, really looking forward to the next episode now.

*wishes he had a time machine so he could go to the future and watch all the episodes!!!!*
Old 2004-10-29, 11:15   Link #45
LytHka
Banned

Well, I really like Taliesin's theories and hoping for the third theory to be true. I like my anime to end with a bit of superreality.

Spoiler:

I hope this story becomes an analitical one (turning back to the past).
Old 2004-10-29, 20:48   Link #46
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
lol my prediction was right!!!!

[middle part of post snipped]

Alright, this show just went from great to awsome, really looking forward to the next episode now.

*wishes he had a time machine so he could go to the future and watch all the episodes!!!!*
Spoiler:

Last edited by Greenish Growth; 2004-11-05 at 23:18.
Old 2004-10-30, 03:41   Link #47
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

sorry im in a freaky mood :P

Last edited by Tiamat's Disciple; 2004-10-31 at 06:41.
Old 2004-10-31, 06:50   Link #48
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

lol this show just gets better and better!!!

Spoiler:

Oh gods thi8s show is getting good!!!! I pity those that dumped it after the first episode!!!!!!

My only concern though is the shortness of the episodes, and the fact we're already almost half way through the series, can they complete the series without rushing and ruining it, or will they carry it over to a second season. I dont want this to be another Wind, awsome to the end, and destroyed in the last few episodes.

Is there a manga version of this, i wouldnt mind grabing it if there is.
Old 2004-11-01, 04:31   Link #49
Kensuke

I have a feeling that this end as a tear-jerker, actually I'm hoping that the end is not all happy.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-01, 13:25   Link #50
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I haven't been able to see W -Wish- 4 yet, but I'm wondering which groups you guys would suggest. I've stuck with Froth-Bite so far and they seem to be doing a very good job, but I believe Static-Subs and now Anime-Empire has started subbing this one. Anyone been able to check out and compare the three in terms of font style, translation style and such?
Old 2004-11-01, 13:55   Link #51
Shiorichan
Mistress of Froth-Bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
I haven't been able to see W -Wish- 4 yet, but I'm wondering which groups you guys would suggest. I've stuck with Froth-Bite so far and they seem to be doing a very good job, but I believe Static-Subs and now Anime-Empire has started subbing this one. Anyone been able to check out and compare the three in terms of font style, translation style and such?
I'm too biased to answer this question, but I would be curious to see what everyone says because we're always looking to improve.

I am confident in our translation though, because the TL speaks Japanese in her home and she has been going to school in this country for quite a while. Of course, I know nothing about the other translators for A-E and Static Subs.
Old 2004-11-01, 19:31   Link #52
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

This anime is shaping up to be quite nice... but I'm still bothered by how much it reminds me of Onegai Twins... (mainly because I didn't like Onegai Twins that much). Oh well, this is certainly the more serious and dramatic "half hour" of Princess Hour, I can hardly wait for episode 5.
Old 2004-11-01, 19:47   Link #53
Shiorichan
Mistress of Froth-Bite

Quote:
This anime is shaping up to be quite nice... but I'm still bothered by how much it reminds me of Onegai Twins... (mainly because I didn't like Onegai Twins that much). Oh well, this is certainly the more serious and dramatic "half hour" of Princess Hour, I can hardly wait for episode 5.
I actually like it a lot too. However, I'm not actually working on W Wish. I sometimes do the post-encode QC before we distro, but I'm not credited for it.

I'm also a fan of Final Approach, but for different reasons. You can't compare the two shows because they are polar opposites.

I finally got caught up today and I am pleasantly satisfied with how things are going. However, I don't like Haruhi's bow. That thing is huge and is trying to eat her head!
Old 2004-11-01, 22:41   Link #54
DrewGSR

Quote:
Well, I have only seen the Froth and A-E subs of the show so far. I usually tend to continue with the subgroup who i started watching it with which is Froth. I know A-E does good translations, I have watched come of there shows they done and they been around for a a while. From A-E I've watched Midori No Hibi, Get Backers, Tokyo Underground, and few other shows i can't remember off the top of my head and i'm currently Yatikate: Japan and Beck.

My thoughts on both Froth and A-E is that they are equally good in translations, each has there on way and preference or translating some part but that is up to the translator himself which is how it is.

Translation: The only difference I noticed in the translation which is pretty nothing is that Froth chose to keep it untranslated and refer to the festival as "Oukasai" while A-E chose "Cherry Blossom Summer Festival". Kinda like in Bleach "Shinigami vs Soul Reaper vs Death God" all the same to me.

Style: I prefer the text of Froth

Picture Quality: I noticed that the picture quality of the Froth-bite subs are more brighter and vivid which i really liked.

Now back to the show, I dunno im still kinda undecided about this show, I still keep getting a Da Capo and Onegai Twins vibe from it. I'll keep on watching it tho to see how things go.
Old 2004-11-02, 00:07   Link #55
SeedBoy

Quote:
Well, when episode 4 came out first from SS, I indeed watched. Although when Frostbite then came out, I went and grab that one also and since I got 2 of them, I did a little comparison. To tell you the truth, there are equally good. So I would say to pick either and stick with it cause the translation are almost the same. Both font are made nicely and easy to read.
Old 2004-11-02, 00:58   Link #56
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Yeah, I also watched StaticSub and Frothbite's episode 04 subs. As Seedboy said, they both have very similar translation lines and meanings in the main show (eg. SS's title of the show was "Advancing Anxiety", while FB's sub was "Flooding Anxiety"). StaticSub seems to hit middle ground in the translation of the festival name - "Ouka festival". However, the translations of opening and endings differ a bit. StaticSub also color coded each character's line to their hair color, so that's a minor plus. But that doesn't really matter anyways because FB's typesetting is already very legible, and even changes color to increase legibility. A-Empire is a respectable subber (I've seen much of their subs as well), and I have no doubt that they did and will do a good job on subbing Wish. I'm a little surprised that no one translated the Japanese that came up in the latter half of the show. I can read Chinese so I understood a bit of the kanji in the Japanese, and the message seems to be news about the earthquake (something about quake degree 3?) that happened in Japan awhile ago. Not anime/show related, so no big deal. Video quality, however, FB has slightly better color contrast than SS. SS's video looks a bit too washed out. Audio, I haven't noticed anything.

Anyways, about the show...I gotta agree with DrewGSR. Déja vu of other shows. Them japanese just can't get enough of imoutos with brother complexes eh? Do the Japanese really like their "sisters" to really love them that much? I think it's an OK show, one of those "I-got-nothing-to-do-and-time-to-waste" show. Good thing the drama is starting pickup.
Old 2004-11-02, 01:24   Link #57
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I'm guilty of grabbing Static Subs aswell when they came out. Due to the releasing first and im to impaitient to wait hehehe But as soon as FB release i get it from them aswell and replace SS.

Doesnt alwaus go like that of course, i stayed with SS for Hani Hani and a few others. U prefer the text on the FB version of WWish, i have really bad eyes, and their subs are a tad easier on the eyes.

But both groups are excellent in my opinion, both have a damn good track record, in my case it came down to timing, while SS are now releasing, they're 3 episodes behind FB, so im used to FB, and i feel a certain amount of loyalty to stick with them till the show ends
Old 2004-11-02, 01:40   Link #58
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Thanks a lot of the comparisons guys. I think I'll stick with Froth-Bite mainly because I started out with them and there's nothing wrong with what they're doing (thanks a lot to the Froth-Bite team ), and I too like sticking with the group I started with unless I've discovered that another version is drastically better (or the font is more readable). I also like to try to other groups, so if I'm already watching a couple of shows by a certain group, I'll usually try other groups for new shows.

I really like how Static-Subs colour codes their text according to character hair colour. I'm relying on them for some other autumn anime .

I can't wait for episode 5... this season's lineup is my favourite so far of 2004 (well... to tell you the truth, this is only really the 3rd season I've been anticipating... and I'm watching the most anime simultaneously right now than I've even watched before).
Old 2004-11-02, 08:25   Link #59
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke
I have a feeling that this end as a tear-jerker, actually I'm hoping that the end is not all happy.
Spoiler:

hmmm i tend to agree with you, WWish is to Wind what Hani Hani is to Final Approach, the light and dark.

Hani Hani was pretty lighthearted compared to Wind, and was probably choosen to ease the mood slightly afterwards.

Same is true here. WWish is the slightly darker, more serious show, with a slight magical twist. I'm guessing a similar magical twist as whats in Kanon.

Spoiler:

And crap do i need to get a life other than anime!!! Some one save me, preferably a super cute onee-chan in an edible bikini :P
Old 2004-11-02, 09:12   Link #60
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR
Style: I prefer the text of Froth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
FB's typesetting is already very legible
Does anyone watch this show on TV? I've heard 1 comment that the font FB chose to use was hard to read when watching on TV.
Closed Thread