AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Old 2011-04-05, 00:39   Link #321
dark998

Well, this was surprisingly refreshing. Really digging the setting and the characters, looks good, music is good too. Has been a while since I watched a more "down to earth" slice of life anime and Hana-saku fills all the requirements so far.

Extra praise to PA Works for always trying new stuff. Those guys are awesome.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 00:51   Link #322
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Looks great (that was expected), BGM seems fine, the OP is boring and its vocals some of the worse I have ever heard, but what will obviously make or break the show are non of these, rather the story, especially the character development part. Judging from the 1/26th it seems promising, but so did Canaan, during its first episode, and I want to forget that money was wasted in Angel Beats!

As for the frequent erotic scenes (mentioned by the writer), dunno, if one is frequent (uncle groping his niece's ass), probably swapping erotic with romantic makes much more sense, especially when the main theme is supposed to be work.

Anyway, Something else that pop in my mind, this reminded True Tears, for expecting something awfully tragic is constantly about to happen... depending I guess on everyones' definition, it never happened in TT, but kept the tension while watching, which is a very good and extremely rare thing.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 01:43   Link #323
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
No matter how sweet and likable a character is, there will always be someone to dislike him/her. You can't please everybody.
If it was reality, she might be sweet and lovable, but as far as anime characters go, "sweet and likeable" is everywhere and as far as being a viewer goes, not so "sweet and likeable" as they should(?) be.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 02:22   Link #324
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i watched it and i like it!! XDD

not that impressed with the character designs though. Minko is my favorite girl already. XDD and for some reason, i didn't recognize nako's voice is aki-chan's. XDD

looking forward for more! XD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 03:56   Link #325
Taufiq91

You wanna know how good the visuals are in this anime?

Just look at this shot of the scenery:

Spoiler for Episode 1:

By looking at this beautiful scenery we can tell how good this anime is going to be.
Old 2011-04-05, 04:01   Link #326
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post

Spoiler for Episode 1:

By looking at this beautiful scenery we can tell how good this anime is going to be.
Fuck, those city lights... this is KyoAni-tier.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 04:02   Link #327
Kyouka
Is Here

ill give episode 2 another shot i watched episode 1 and its the only anime aired for spring so far on my list
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 04:28   Link #328
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Not necessarily, dude. Not necessarily.

While on some shows the visuals might be good sometimes other people have other issues with them. Probably the story isn't engaging enough to have staying power for them, or maybe there are some other aspects deemed not interesting enough.

For a first-impression Hanasaku Iroha did very good - although I had to admit I stopped being pleased after..... uh-whoever-that-boy-is (Ko-chan, was it?)... got dumped (no idea how to say this) because the main heroine is too dense (as he says lol)....... and then she later goes to the countryside and received "Die" as a greeting word.

In terms of wanting to see what happens next I feel somehow of a let-down, but I'll keep staying if any interesting (bonus points if I find it funny - not as in the sense of comedy) twists happen.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 06:31   Link #329
Misago

Enjoyed this, although the story setup is basically in the Cinderella tradition - nice but sheltered child sent to live with wicked relative, forced to do manual work and hated by 'sisters'. wonder when Prince Charming turns up.
Misago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 06:32   Link #330
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
She's a big girl. She can handle it.
Luckily for the grandmom, she did. It takes a very rare person to handle being slapped in the face without retaliating. I know I would have.
Old 2011-04-05, 06:54   Link #331
ykf566

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Luckily for the grandmom, she did. It takes a very rare person to handle being slapped in the face without retaliating. I know I would have.
Well, she was the one who asked to be punished, so she most likely would have accepted it.

Probably one of the most refreshing starts to an anime i've come to see. I'm just hoping the story doesn't progress with the main character befriending everyone and solving their problems one by one, such a turn off if that were to happen.
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 07:29   Link #332
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
Well, she was the one who asked to be punished, so she most likely would have accepted it.

Probably one of the most refreshing starts to an anime i've come to see. I'm just hoping the story doesn't progress with the main character befriending everyone and solving their problems one by one, such a turn off if that were to happen.
I'm hoping this too. I don't want to watch another Kanon or Clannad tbh well at least by a studio that isn't KyoAni. And the formula is getting a bit old. Angel Beats was an attempt at being Key/KyoAni, and although commercially successful, pissed off a lot of people including myself because P.A. Works is better than that. I much rather they go the traditional Asian-drama approach which this pilot episode seems to be leaning towards, which hasn't really been used in anime I think as long as they minimise the "terminal illness/crying every 5 mintues" K-drama tropes or the excessive slapstick comedy found in Japanese television generally. Hopefully it will focus on the "coming-of-age" elements and since its 2 season length, extend through the university/college lives of the characters, possibly even middle adulthood.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 07:32   Link #333
Anomandaris

Just wondering ... how does PA Works consistently produce such high quality animation?

Is it simply an issue of spending more? Or do they have very skilled artists/animators?
Anomandaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 08:10   Link #334
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomandaris View Post
Just wondering ... how does PA Works consistently produce such high quality animation?

Is it simply an issue of spending more? Or do they have very skilled artists/animators?
They don't live in Tokyo.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 08:27   Link #335
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
They don't live in Tokyo.
If Tokyo is so expensive, why would budget conscious animation companies head qaurters there?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 09:16   Link #336
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Rare? are you joking? how many children, wives, etc. do you know that can retaliate against abuse, be it relatives, employers, or other having some form of authority over them?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 09:45   Link #337
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
If there was anyone I came away disliking it was Minko. I can understand a degree of irritation with Ohana's initial behavior and blunders , but her actions really ultimately felt more immature. You get the feeling she's under allot of pressure at the inn, and copes by letting it all out on someone she feels is lower on the pecking order than she is.
Minko is the one I ended up disliking the most, but I came away from this disliking just about everybody, Ohana excepted. And maybe Ko, but not really since he was an idiot about confessing then running...

Honestly, I haven't a clue why I'm willing to watch the next episode. I have no need to get more depressed about the way people act than I already am.
Old 2011-04-05, 09:47   Link #338
Seihai
スマイリウム

Maybe we should specify the case? Ohana wanted to be slapped so it would be weird if she even considered retaliating in the first place. And look at her situation, her baffling reactions to it and the fact that she is a 16 year old high schooler that got thrown into it out of a sudden. She'd have to be quite the arrogant and inconsiderate bitch to retaliate. Not to mention stupid. In fact, I think instead of retaliate, I could imagine her to have cried in addition to how she actually reacted which was, in my opinion, consequentive and brave. But she held her tears in (just like at the end of the episode) and I find that admirable, in a way.
Old 2011-04-05, 10:59   Link #339
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i don't know what you guys complaining about the story are expecting. this is classified as slice of life, so if you don't enjoy this particular genre and what it entails, don't bother watching it. if you want triangles, blood and heavy drama, you're not going to get it with this show.

also about the grandmother. its exactly how a grandmother, who disowned a child (like, this is hardcore in an asian family), would treat a child of that child. plus add to the fact that she's old school asian, and that's exactly how she'll act. if you don't understand asian culture and their beliefs, don't make statements saying how outdated and foolish it seems, because even today, there are families where these ideals are passed on to the next generation (i'm a product of such a family).

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 11:08   Link #340
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
this is classified as slice of life
It's more of a coming of age story.

Tags
comedy, coming of age, drama, p.a. works, pa works, romance, slice of life