Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-01-05, 15:48   Link #1001
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
the right part of the novel drawing looks more like the reiforced part of the shoulder you have shown with the 2 others drawing. (this kind of spike that the arbalest also had, like you said)

i might be wrong, but the "plate" at the right side (so the left shoulder) isn't behind the shoulder, which mean there is nothing enchancing the shoulder (yeah, my explanation is kinda clumsy...). or maybe i should change my point of view? (kuh, i'm doubting now XD)

but anyway, we agree that it was most likely by laziness that the first drawing wasn't really accurate
lol yup agreed, you know what im lovin tho, the Hair, it reminds me of the Cordal and gives it some style. i really liked the cordals come to think of it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
My god, I've fallen in love with Kaname all over again. That's the Kaname I like.

Seriously, if I had to explain Sousuke's kickassery in the ARX-8, I'd have to credit Kaname. She's probably the biggest reason why Sousuke can use the LD so effectively. Without her as his ultimate goal, yeah, Sousuke would have a much harder time of everything in his new, shiny mech.
lol in that picture Chidori looks so young but its good to have Chidori back i guess, i hope sousuke uses the Laevatien to jump so far and grab the helicopter as its goin and reach in, pull chidori out and just drop the helicopter lol its like a girl-hunt for chidori
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 15:58   Link #1002
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
My god, I've fallen in love with Kaname all over again. That's the Kaname I like.

Seriously, if I had to explain Sousuke's kickassery in the ARX-8, I'd have to credit Kaname. She's probably the biggest reason why Sousuke can use the LD so effectively. Without her as his ultimate goal, yeah, Sousuke would have a much harder time of everything in his new, shiny mech.
hey, it was already the case in ODBD (utterly shown in TSR too ^^)
the Poor Sousuke, almost turned into a vegetable/zombie, became like...[ultimate-living-weapon-or-insert-another-unrealistic-kickingass-mention] beyond rambo could do with full force

but heck, i'm still missing the harisen moments... sousuke is such a slow hero XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sx3 View Post
lol yup agreed, you know what im lovin tho, the Hair, it reminds me of the Cordal and gives it some style. i really liked the cordals come to think of it lol
you bet ! I felt the original codarl (gauron custom one) had a better charisma compared to the codarl-i and codarl-m, despite their smooth and gorgeous look.
Old 2007-01-05, 16:09   Link #1003
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
hey, it was already the case in ODBD (utterly shown in TSR too ^^)
the Poor Sousuke, almost turned into a vegetable/zombie, became like...[ultimate-living-weapon-or-insert-another-unrealistic-kickingass-mention] beyond rambo could do with full force

but heck, i'm still missing the harisen moments... sousuke is such a slow hero XD

you bet ! I felt the original codarl (gauron custom one) had a better charisma compared to the codarl-i and codarl-m, despite their smooth and gorgeous look.
sadly i dont remmebr which is which, cordal-i and cordal-m. but i was just watchin FMP the episode where gauron met up with sousuke with the Silver cordal, that was definately a cool cordal lol. nice and shiny, i like its black knife too a curved blade XD. i wish Sousuke would adopt the fighting style of gauron, laid back, when someone shoots him he just absorbs the shot and sends a huge wave back, ooh that would be sweet lol Sousuke could walk up to a cordal, make its finger into a gun "bang" the cordal explodes lol
Old 2007-01-05, 16:16   Link #1004
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
sadly i dont remmebr which is which, cordal-i and cordal-m. but i was just watchin FMP the episode where gauron met up with sousuke with the Silver cordal, that was definately a cool cordal lol. nice and shiny, i like its black knife too a curved blade XD. i wish Sousuke would adopt the fighting style of gauron, laid back, when someone shoots him he just absorbs the shot and sends a huge wave back, ooh that would be sweet lol Sousuke could walk up to a cordal, make its finger into a gun "bang" the cordal explodes lol
The I and M are the red one (used by gauron in TDD-1 arc, and gates in TSR) and the green/grey clones in TSR. i can't say which of them is the i, and the other(s) is the m though

gauron's silver cordarl is the regular one (the prototype with the fast-heat reactor) plan 1056 (without any addionnal mention IIRC)

as for the advanced LD control, it appears slightly too crazy for sousuke (he was barely able to create a LD forcefield to protect himself in FMP, and slightly more correctly in TSR)
but i think sousuke would be able to reinforce Laevateinn punch (just like in ODBD) or even monomolecular cutter with LD effect on them (which would be clearly insane XD)
Old 2007-01-05, 16:18   Link #1005
masterwok

Quote:
i appreciate ur attempt but if u look on the right side the same thing is comming out of the shoulder, also the arbalest has the same thing on both sides of the shoulder also

Heres a picture of comparison, The Red Colour stands for similarities and the Blue are the difference(yeah i know they shold be reversed but i messed up)

The Shoulders are the same basicly for the top, there are 2 knives which is what the blue version has and ya it doesnt have a giant shoulder pad =/ i bet they just got lazy-.-
wait the Laevatien can change modes by taking off its weapons. Wtf
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 16:37   Link #1006
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
wait the Laevatien can change modes by taking off its weapons. Wtf
it cant, the blue one was SUPPOSED to be the original thought and colour but gatoh decided to change it into the red one you see on the right apparently. Im guessing they got lazy to change it in the manga =.= or sometihng like that

Quote:
The I and M are the red one (used by gauron in TDD-1 arc, and gates in TSR) and the green/grey clones in TSR. i can't say which of them is the i, and the other(s) is the m though

gauron's silver cordarl is the regular one (the prototype with the fast-heat reactor) plan 1056 (without any addionnal mention IIRC)

as for the advanced LD control, it appears slightly too crazy for sousuke (he was barely able to create a LD forcefield to protect himself in FMP, and slightly more correctly in TSR)
but i think sousuke would be able to reinforce Laevateinn punch (just like in ODBD) or even monomolecular cutter with LD effect on them (which would be clearly insane XD)
Well after reading that laevatien can destroy cordals with its bare hands im guessin sousuke has managed to do what gauron does so that'd be so cool to see him wiht that style of fighting lol. so the Cordal-I is the one that Gauron uses inside the TDD ship and Gates is the M, The i's are the ones that follow Gate and are coloured bluish grey right? i remember the Cordal-i in TSR that has this GIANT blade, it looked so badass but it got owned so fast.

omg its blade is giant! so cool
Old 2007-01-05, 17:02   Link #1007
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well after reading that laevatien can destroy cordals with its bare hands im guessin sousuke has managed to do what gauron does so that'd be so cool to see him wiht that style of fighting lol.
it would be fun if Isei Tsubaki teaches some martial moves to sousuke and AL
Quote:
so the Cordal-I is the one that Gauron uses inside the TDD ship and Gates is the M, The i's are the ones that follow Gate and are coloured bluish grey right?
i can't say which of the red or grey is the i or m (but gauron's and gates' red "venom" codarl are the same, indeed)
IIRC, when the yuu twins espaced from gates' base, the soldier said to gates "they left with a codarl m", so the red one would be the i. (my mistake, there is only i and m, I mistakenly put the letters in caps, which would be taken as other model, which isn't.)

Quote:
i remember the Cordal-i in TSR that has this GIANT blade, it looked so badass but it got owned so fast.
omg its blade is giant! so cool
the weapons were just for show i guess (while there were fantastic ones, halberd and such <3)
Old 2007-01-05, 17:58   Link #1008
sx3
0 Gundam

well now that we know what happened in this chapter, how long till next one
Old 2007-01-05, 18:13   Link #1009
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

lol not to be off the subject, but Im listening to this soundtrack and it reminds me of FMP. tell me what you think. It kinda fits for some battle scenes.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R6S6HO6I

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EONP6ZEK
>: 3
Old 2007-01-05, 19:15   Link #1010
sunsaero

omg YES kaname IS BACk. Kinda irritated tho she realizes oh yah duh, sousuke has gone through hell to get to me the least I can do is fly back after my only chance of seing him was blown from a conscious effort to being a decent person, and my long awaited (Donkey Punch, Fan to sousuke head, hug/kiss! ... Any takes on to what the writer has planned for there long awaited reunion?

Would really love to read the novel to see what she was thinking to lead her to that point where the switch clicked. And GOGO Gundam/Bruce lee/Super Saiyijin/Transformer/Escaflowne/Arnold Swartchzenegger (<<spelt that way O_O?) Laevetienn!!. Cant wait to see that mess animted
sunsaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 20:09   Link #1011
sx3
0 Gundam

god damn it why do i have a feeling there gonna stall this EVEN longer. what if Chidori doesnt manage to make the guy change course =.= we'd have to wait another 2 chapters till they even get close to reunited, than antoher 2 till they do get reuinited MAYBE. omfg thats like freakin 4 more MONTHS. THAN we gotta wait and see if they'll even ANIMATE it =.=
Old 2007-01-05, 20:53   Link #1012
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

hunterseeker i beg to differ on the super robot stuff, he may be new to the machine, but he is using the same lambda driver (which i assume he knows how to use now cz he's pwning with it) im guessing that he is using the lambda driver much of the time that you think it is rediculous, and even if he isnt the engine is super high output so it would be able to do some rediculous stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsaero
(Donkey Punch, Fan to sousuke head, hug/kiss!)
Do u know what a donkey punch is !?!? lol
and btw IT HAS TO BE A KISS (with a hug), it wouldnt be realistic without one

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel

Last edited by Missilebuster; 2007-01-05 at 21:09.
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 22:06   Link #1013
sunsaero

Lmao no doubt a hug/kiss like.. *Sousuke looks her in the eyes intensely, passionately*.

God what a sick ass moment that would be (<<over expressive), IM huge on the action stressed out exhaustion followed by *what took you so long*, bit of a romantic O_O. It's funny after I read the novels on COMO I *got* some other animes like *dont laugh* kare kano/Eureka Seven/Elfen Lied (best passionate hug/love scene ep 13, ive ever seen and probably ever will, must check out if bored and responding intensely to this forum) just to subside the anxiety I felt through COMO BOMF and the unresolved love between the 2, watching Fumoffu and TSR was leaving me with this empty sense of feeling and frustration as I pause the last 2 seconds of the last episode where she grabbed his sleeve, or re-watched fumoffu ep 3-7 and 14 to further their relationship sadly to realize that these short stories are unrelated to the actual series as I sigh they HAVE to do something man, I mean its just SCREAMING IT LOUDLY like my caps there :P. but.. who knows... *looks at hunterseeker*
Old 2007-01-06, 00:11   Link #1014
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
The side storys dont directly have anything to do with the main story but my understanding is that they did take place, just the events of the side stories(including those featured in fumoffu) have no direct impact on the Military stance featured in the main series.

With the short stories your seeing their every day life which is not featured that much in the main series, thats not to say they dont connect though. The short stories just give us more insight into what they do on a regular basis since every minute of every day cannot be a terrorist coming after kaname though the main series may portray this.

The Touching moments they shared are true and took place in the same universe, not some alternate time line or anything wacky like that.

There is an unresolved love between the two which the author exploits to keep readers interested (any smart writer would). Lets hope we all get that happy ending before the series comes to an end, so no one has to say "What if".

Last edited by Jehuty77; 2007-01-06 at 00:25.
Jehuty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 01:53   Link #1015
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsaero View Post
Lmao no doubt a hug/kiss like.. *Sousuke looks her in the eyes intensely, passionately*.

God what a sick ass moment that would be (<<over expressive), IM huge on the action stressed out exhaustion followed by *what took you so long*, bit of a romantic O_O. It's funny after I read the novels on COMO I *got* some other animes like *dont laugh* kare kano/Eureka Seven/Elfen Lied (best passionate hug/love scene ep 13, ive ever seen and probably ever will, must check out if bored and responding intensely to this forum) just to subside the anxiety I felt through COMO BOMF and the unresolved love between the 2, watching Fumoffu and TSR was leaving me with this empty sense of feeling and frustration as I pause the last 2 seconds of the last episode where she grabbed his sleeve, or re-watched fumoffu ep 3-7 and 14 to further their relationship sadly to realize that these short stories are unrelated to the actual series as I sigh they HAVE to do something man, I mean its just SCREAMING IT LOUDLY like my caps there :P. but.. who knows... *looks at hunterseeker*
Disregarding your horrible grammar and sentence-forming skills, I have to agree with you about that scene in Elfen Lied. Personally, that was the high point of the series for me. Everything went downhill from there. Also, Fate/stay night gave me the same good feeling, that romance had been realized, around episode 14 and later. Here's to hoping FMP! can pull it off so well I cry when I see it animated. You should have seen me when Sousuke almost hugged Kaname at the end of TSR! I was royally pissed, bouncing off the walls of my computer room! Very few things have that kinda of effect on me anymore.
Old 2007-01-06, 10:35   Link #1016
sunsaero

Quote:
Disregarding your horrible grammar and sentence-forming skills, I have to agree with you about that scene in Elfen Lied. Personally, that was the high point of the series for me. Everything went downhill from there. Also, Fate/stay night gave me the same good feeling, that romance had been realized, around episode 14 and later. Here's to hoping FMP! can pull it off so well I cry when I see it animated. You should have seen me when Sousuke almost hugged Kaname at the end of TSR! I was royally pissed, bouncing off the walls of my computer room! Very few things have that kinda of effect on me anymore.
AS long as you get the point of what im trying to say :P. And yah that part when kanames friend was like SOUSUKE I was like omfg wheres the baby powder so I can slap this, anyways couldn't have been more dissapointed cause I honestly thought he was goin in for a kiss the way he was like reaching for her arms instead of like a bear hugging motion O_o. I mean he could have said instead of No problem like, forgive me, then picks her chin up with his index finger curled in and right as her friends are blabbing in the background he deals this **I've loved you for so long I didn't know how to tell you but I am now I am you and you are me absorbing each other losing all sense of time/reality** type kiss leaving her friends in a shocked state of silence with the goofy pale white blue streaks down their face wooo man that woulda done it for me imo .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty77 View Post
The side storys dont directly have anything to do with the main story but my understanding is that they did take place, just the events of the side stories(including those featured in fumoffu) have no direct impact on the Military stance featured in the main series.

With the short stories your seeing their every day life which is not featured that much in the main series, thats not to say they dont connect though. The short stories just give us more insight into what they do on a regular basis since every minute of every day cannot be a terrorist coming after kaname though the main series may portray this.

The Touching moments they shared are true and took place in the same universe, not some alternate time line or anything wacky like that.

There is an unresolved love between the two which the author exploits to keep readers interested (any smart writer would). Lets hope we all get that happy ending before the series comes to an end, so no one has to say "What if".
I can't say ive never thought of it being connected to the series I just didn't wanna get my hopes up or anything since I didn't have any real proof of it, but just figured they didn't wanna waste any of the main story time on flash backs or having any relation to the short stories, even tho itd be kinda nice to have a hint of them being connected instead of just assuming. But you make a pretty good point and its good enough for me .
Old 2007-01-06, 11:32   Link #1017
CloudyWolf
garbage man....XP

Wink

konbanwa everyone! actually been following dis thread for a long time(5 months, i think).......didn't post anything then coz i wasn't a member then but finally couldn't resist da temptation & joined a few minutes before i started on dis reply ....i wasn't a big FMP fan(i was still a Gundam nut back then) till i saw a video some1 posted on Youtube showing Sousuke taking on 5 Cordals(!) with the Arbalest. needless to say da rest is history(currently a proud owner of both FMP & FMP:TSR on DVD & have read all da novels dat were translated by Boku-Tachi! )........

anyways on to da topics......well all of us would definitely would want to see dat happening, don't we?? I used to laugh off at those romance stories but FMP's love story between Kaname & Sousuke really made my heart melt . seriously i do hope gatou-san those guys at kyo-ani really make da decision to really make us fans happy....& there's hope rite?? i read somewhere that kyo-ani plans to animate da continuing story if there r positive response from fans, am i right? now about da latest part of da story, it's not really a big deal to me dat Laevatein is like kick-ass powerfull.....at least it's still within the bounds of realism unlike some of da crap i've seen in other mecha stories(case in point: GSD)....& it did show some signs vulnerability when taking on those Behemoths(almost got shot down by da relentless barrage of their artillery fire & almost got crushed by 1 of them until Sousuke turned da tables on them) so it's not exactly invincible. & there's also the LD to consider.....Plus, dis is Sousuke Sagara we r talking about, some1 who took on so many other ASes near da end of BOMF with juz a RK-91 Savage & won(despite da Savage was a pile of burning scrap metal after dat battle )......but anyways, can't wait for the next part of da story to arrive!!...thx for all da news every1 post here. hunterseeker & everyone, i salute u all!!

Last edited by CloudyWolf; 2007-01-06 at 11:44.
CloudyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 11:52   Link #1018
Hussar67
Old school NES

Wow...you miss a day of checking up on the thread and all the HUGE info drops! Much kudos as always to HunterSeeker; without you this thread would've been dead months ago. And we have our Kaname back!! (And looking hot in that dress!) Everyone, including me, seems to be looking forward to a rescue/reunion at the end of this novel. Here's my question, though: if Sousuke rescues Kaname from the helicopter and they're separated from everyone else, what will they do? As I see it, they would have three options:

1) Most likely, they can reunite with the Tuatha de Danaan and assist in the fight against Amalgam until it's safe to return to Jindai High. BUT, they both (perhaps Sousuke especially) might feel that it would be trading one prison for another for Kaname. She would be heavily pressured to use her Whispered abilities for Mithril's benefit and be isolated on the TDD for the foreseeable future. Even though at Mithril are their allies, Sousuke may feel that Kaname would further become of tool of war, something he's determined not to see happen.

2) Rather than choose a continued life centered around war and conflict, they can choose the path Sousuke wanted to take before Leonard popped-up in Kaname's apartment: they can escape to a quiet corner of the world and lay low. This would be the safest path to take, but would also be the most cowardly. It would also require Gatou-san to create an incident to continue and conclude the plot--but they would have a period of peace together to follow these last few months of pain, lonliness, and alienation before the Mithril-Amalgam war catches up with them.

3) The most dangerous choice to make NOW, but the one they both want to make with all their hearts: immediately return to Tokyo and Jindai High. This is obviously the end they both want, to reconnect with Kyouko and everyone who they've been thinking about since Kaname's abduction; but to do it before Amalgam is defeated would force them to be constantly on guard and further put their classmates in danger as Amalgam would have no scruples using their friends as hostages yet again.

What do you think will happen (if indeed Sousuke and Kaname are reunited at the end of the current novel)? What do you WANT to happen? What do you think will happen if they continue to be separated at the end of this novel?

Last edited by Hussar67; 2007-01-06 at 12:03.
Hussar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 12:16   Link #1019
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
They will re-united at some point, The recent spoilers make it clear that Kaname wants to go back to meet Sousuke and Sousuke wants to see her. If their not re-united this book you can assume that they will be next (Even tho the wait will be painful).

Going back to Jindai would not be a wise choice(at this point). I'm also not sure if sousuke would want to take her back to Tuatha de Danaan since he doeesnt exactly like Mithril right now but this is the mostly like move after he rescues her.

I really hope Sousuke saves the girl, takes her some place safe, then deals with Amalgam and then they can live happily, and go back to Jindai High. I also hope they finally admit their feelings for each other.
Jehuty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 14:08   Link #1020
Miles Teg

Quote:

It's a little more complicated than that

Gauron has used a grey/silver Cordal (Plan1056) in the first novel, in novel 6 he was using a red Cordal-i (Plan1058).

In ODBD the "student" of Gauron was using a grey Cordal-m (Plan1059) whereas Gates and his men were using dark red Cordal without any mention of the type.

From the illustration in the novel the Cordal-i has more or less the exact same external look has the Cordal, if a reader of the novel could tell us if external change has been made between the i and m class that would be appreciated

So in TSR if we follow the design from the first anime then Gates was using a Cordal-i whereas his men and Yuifan were using Cordal-m.

The right side of the illustration of the (red) Laevateinn show the AS with the monomolecular cutter stored on the knee, and the left side show what the ARX-8 looks like without the GRAW-4 and with something mounted on the shoulder. Instead of doing two illustration they have used the fact that the ARX-8 is symmetrical (it's used a lot on illustration for Gundam)
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen