AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-08-13, 18:01   Link #121
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Hmm, I'm really not fond of them at all... The quality of the hair and outfits suck, very noticeably. >< I do hope there will be high-quality L*S dolls made sometime -- that'd be neat.
Agree. They're freaking me out. No GET for me.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 04:31   Link #122
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Damn, hope they make some really quality ones...
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 04:49   Link #123
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

http://heiseidemocracy.com/2007/08/1...l-summer-2007/

Third paragraph.

Quote:
Amongst the throng at the GoodSmile area, scattered around the display cases were rough cast Nenderoid Shiraishi Minoru figures. A sign of things to come. I took a break from shooting to watch Lucky Channel live.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 09:59   Link #124
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Anyone got this magazine?
http://www.comptiq.com/release/comptiq/index.html
issue n 9 seems interesting to me. I write here because at the moment I dont have the opportunity to get a copy, so i ask if anyone could share info

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 11:40   Link #125
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I like the faces, but the hair kinda gets in the way...

But...ohhhh LOOK!!! They way their looking at me!

I feel I wanna take a Konata doll home!
Old 2007-08-18, 14:08   Link #126
molebeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I didn't find this info in other threads so let me know if this is redundant info...

According to the Lucky Star Hompage, You can pre-order a special Lucky Star "Okiraku Box" (Big Luck?) to be released in 9/26/2007. Two are planned: Konata and Kagami versions.

In these boxes you'll find these items:

☆ Kagami or Konata figurine designed and supervised by Yoshimizu Kagami Sensei. 10cm tall each.

☆ A booklet called "Okiraku Guidebook" featuring Konata or Kagami

☆ An enjoyable CD-ROM with either Konata or Kagami, containing wallpaper, screen-saver and other goodies.

☆ RyouOu Gakuen Student Notebood Style Memopad, Konata or Kagami version

It seemed you can star pre-order with any bookstore (note, NOT hobby shops) starting from 6/16. I checked Amazon and lo and behold, there they be:

Kotana Okiraku Box
Kagami Okiraku Box

Now I don't know about you, but I'm definately getting these. Yeah they're really tiny but I like them that way. I know Amazon.jp doesn't ship figures internationally, but these appearantly count as books. So I just did my pre-order. They took it and will ship on 9/28/07.

Here's the figurine photos. How can you NOT GET?

Kona-chan:

Kagami-sama:

EDIT: According to Amazon, the Kagami-sama box is ranked at #11 and Kona-chan box is ranked at #14. It's pretty AMAZING to see pre-orders ranked so high! And Kagami-sama is beating kona-chan! Tsundere'ko rulez!!!
what what what what

Last edited by molebeing; 2010-03-24 at 15:01.
molebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 14:50   Link #127
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well... yeah, you can order figurines from cdjapan.co.jp or www.hlj.com or even amazon.co.jp.

But you usually have to pre-order, don't know if any of these are available anymore.

When you're figure shopping, you have to browse sites regularly to pre-order (or get on their mail list) --- pre-orders do have a limited window.
Note: when ordering figurines, expect to have it shipped via registered and for it to cost up to 50% of the figure's cost.
Old 2007-08-18, 16:11   Link #128
molebeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
well... yeah, you can order figurines from cdjapan.co.jp or www.hlj.com or even amazon.co.jp.

But you usually have to pre-order, don't know if any of these are available anymore.

When you're figure shopping, you have to browse sites regularly to pre-order (or get on their mail list) --- pre-orders do have a limited window.
Note: when ordering figurines, expect to have it shipped via registered and for it to cost up to 50% of the figure's cost.
Thank you for the info.
molebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 17:31   Link #129
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I actually kind of regret not pre-ordering those particular ones (though I'd want a Tsukasa and a Mikuru as well).... but I'm all tapped out thanks to "conspiratorial appliance mass-suicide" (television, stove, toaster, and automobile muffler all in one week).
Old 2007-08-18, 17:39   Link #130
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
I actually kind of regret not pre-ordering those particular ones (though I'd want a Tsukasa and a Mikuru as well)....
Dangit, this is Lucky*Star, not Haruhi!!!!

I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but I was so sad (T__T) when hlj e-mailed me saying that the L*S phone straps I ordered are being listed as discontinued. It'd been so long since I ordered them that the credit card I used to make the order had expired, so I guess it's all OK.

Last edited by Risaa; 2007-08-18 at 19:13.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 19:04   Link #131
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Amazon.co.jp don't have paypal do they?

Can't read japenese so it's hard to find out...

It's a bit of a pain cause I don't have a credit card...

Trying to buy this stuff..
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 01:23   Link #132
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Dangit, this is Lucky*Star, not Haruhi!!!!

I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but I was so sad (T__T) when hlj e-mailed me saying that the L*S phone straps I ordered are being listed as discontinued. It'd been so long since I ordered them that the credit card I used to make the order had expired, so I guess it's all OK.
ya know, "Risa" ... my namespace in my head is reallly getting worse I think. I just grab any name that resides near the correct item apparently.

I don't think amazon.co.jp takes paypal (????) just debit/credit. It does have buttons that display the page in "english" but since a lot of text is in imagery, its only somewhat helpful.
Old 2007-08-19, 02:14   Link #133
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Gomen ne; you take it rather well, so I can't pass up an opportunity to point out whenever you make a slip-up. Of course I expect the same treatment - it's only fair.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 12:58   Link #134
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, did some research over breakfast... still no sign of a Lucky*Star OST at my usual web destinations. Just a Kona character CD and the theme song remixes.
Old 2007-08-24, 23:27   Link #135
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Hmmm, did some research over breakfast... still no sign of a Lucky*Star OST at my usual web destinations. Just a Kona character CD and the theme song remixes.
Thus far, the OST is being released in small bits spread out over CDs that are half Lucky Star BGM and half Lucky Channel radio show, which are named, appropriately enough, "Luck Star OST & Radio Bangumi". Two such CDs have been released so far (and *ahem* spread to the masses by Nipponsei).

This is the only part of the merchandizing blitz that's really bothered me. I wonder if I'd mind as much if I could understand more of what's going on in the corresponding LC segments.

Last edited by Kyuusai; 2007-08-26 at 13:23. Reason: I realize days later that I accidentally typed "suck" instead of "such".
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 09:47   Link #136
Mirificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Thus far, the OST is being released in small bits spread out over CDs that are half Lucky Star BGM and half Lucky Channel radio show, which are named, appropriately enough, "Luck Star OST & Radio Bangumi". Two suck CDs have been released so far (and *ahem* spread to the masses by Nipponsei).
Just to clarify, each DVD volume includes the corresponding OST CD. The Haruhi soundtrack was released in a similar fashion.
Old 2007-08-26, 02:17   Link #137
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I thought they'll make a minoru figure? Is it out already or still under development?... ???
Old 2007-08-26, 05:46   Link #138
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I thought they'll make a minoru figure? Is it out already or still under development?... ???
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=123

facepalm.jpg

It's even on the same page...
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 17:33   Link #139
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
I'm continuously listening to Gravity from the third BGM CD. The Initial D-esque nature is simply awesome. I'd be grateful if anyone can provide lyrics to the song.
QBnoYouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 19:28   Link #140
shiro83

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBnoYouko View Post
I'm continuously listening to Gravity from the third BGM CD. The Initial D-esque nature is simply awesome. I'd be grateful if anyone can provide lyrics to the song.
I had posted up lyrics to Gravity by m.o.e.v on my blog:
http://obliviousity.wordpress.com/20...ky-star-dvd-3/
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote