AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-09-08, 14:08   Link #81
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalman View Post
Spoiler for chapter 27:
Spoiler for chap 27:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 15:49   Link #82
Man0warr

Nagi doesn't seem like a weak male lead to me, he's not a failure or a wimp. He's just in an awkward situation I bet most of us would dream to be in

edit - For the previous posts, this is done by the same author of Ai Yori Aoshi, you really thing anything as tragic as that would happen?
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 18:23   Link #83
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
Nagi doesn't seem like a weak male lead to me, he's not a failure or a wimp.
Sorry, I didn't mean to insinuate that he was a loser, I actually think quite highly of him as I said in this post. I was basically just saying that if it was the typical romance comedy, it would have that crappy setup, the loser guy with 2+ girls, like Maburaho or something.

Last edited by frubam; 2008-09-15 at 19:24.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 02:56   Link #84
Dark Mage

Just finished reading chapter 29, lol it was hilarious where Karin asked Sayogi and Shuzuki if they had kissed Nagi or not and they all remain quiet and she was the only one who didnt while worrying that it wouldnt b fair on the other two if she did while the other 2 were actually well ahead
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 11:51   Link #85
DanielSong39

Just when I thought Karin would set herself apart from the rest, she drags herself down to their level...

Maybe Nagi should just get himself off the island? This could turn out to be a real nightmare if he doesn't watch out.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 03:16   Link #86
Dark Mage

I like Karin she is different from the other two as Nagi has so far been kissed by Soyogi and Shuzuki but Karin wants to be kissed by him wonder what Nagi's response is gonna be
Old 2008-09-18, 08:31   Link #87
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

I still think we're still far from the climax of this series though. And I'm betting that whoever the one Nagi kisses someone (Way different than being kissed by someone) will be the eventual winner in the end. I also had that train of though when Ichigo 100% was still running and look where Manaka and Nishino is now
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 12:27   Link #88
Beo
where's the snow?

Three ring circus

Possible situations:

Father shows up and tries to take Nagi away for some reason

A new girl get thrown into the situation. There is a lot of past history in his background. Being in high school and say that there is nothing there for him to go home to makes it sound like something happened; must have had friends, what happened to them? ex-girl friend lurking in there?

Some type of incident happens resulting in a lot of attention to one of the three; other two have to do something to recover status

A dispute starts about him really being the Dragon God or someone else claims to be it.
Forced separation and sneaking about by the girls. Arguments, taking of sides, all kinds of absurdity .

There are so many ways to keep this going on for years. Remember that these series like to take you on a rollercoaster ride and the story has yet to make it the top of the first drop and as in any rollercoaster the first drop is the biggest.

Last edited by Beo; 2008-09-18 at 12:42.
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 13:03   Link #89
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Lol Beo, the first 2 are straight from the whole Ai Yori Aoshi plot.

Here's my predictions
Someone has to die.
The title of 'maiden of x' is more than an honrary title, the maidens have true POWERS.
The angry classmate dude is really in love with Shizuku.
Rinnie is the true Dragon god.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 19:41   Link #90
Dark Mage

Was Nishino kissed by Junpei? If yes, when? I know that the kisses between him and Aya have all been accidents. Anyways I was happy with that series as I kept rooting for Nishino as she had the most balanced personality out of the 3 girls and in Umi No Misaki its Shuzuku who is cheerful when she is alone and can be serious looking when needed. So all in all she has the most balanced personality of the 3. But I agree if Nagi kisses Karin she will be ahead by quite a lot and possibly end up with Nagi because if it was Shuzuku who wins it would be far too obvious as she is in the cover of the magazine and all so the author is defenitely not gonna walk down the obvious path. So no matter how much I am rooting for shuzuku, it seems she is not fated to be with Nagi
Old 2008-09-18, 22:27   Link #91
Jhono1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Was Nishino kissed by Junpei? If yes, when? I know that the kisses between him and Aya have all been accidents. Anyways I was happy with that series as I kept rooting for Nishino as she had the most balanced personality out of the 3 girls and in Umi No Misaki its Shuzuku who is cheerful when she is alone and can be serious looking when needed. So all in all she has the most balanced personality of the 3. But I agree if Nagi kisses Karin she will be ahead by quite a lot and possibly end up with Nagi because if it was Shuzuku who wins it would be far too obvious as she is in the cover of the magazine and all so the author is defenitely not gonna walk down the obvious path. So no matter how much I am rooting for shuzuku, it seems she is not fated to be with Nagi
You know, this is NOT the same author as Ichigo 100%, so the comparisons you make are really lacking, a lot. The fact that you are even comparing these two mangas are quite mind boggling imo. The only trait these two series share it that they are both "harem mangas" , and that is all.
Jhono1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 22:40   Link #92
Supah Em
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhono1 View Post
You know, this is NOT the same author as Ichigo 100%, so the comparisons you make are really lacking, a lot. The fact that you are even comparing these two mangas are quite mind boggling imo. The only trait these two series share it that they are both "harem mangas" , and that is all.
Dark Mage was just trying to make speculations on certain personalities of different characters of different series. What's mind boggling about that?. Although the similarities are not that obvious, one can take a better look at it and notice that there are subtle similarities here and there.

And yes, they're not the same authors... does it make a difference if we change the comparison from UNM and Ichigo 100% to UNM and Ai Yori Aoshi? There are so many differences in personalities between the characters in AYA and UNM as much as Ichigo 100% does. Many different series from different mangakas share similarities to the point where people can accuse a mangaka from plagiarizing another ( Ai Yori Aoshi? Love Hina? No need to explain that ).
Old 2008-09-18, 23:00   Link #93
passin'gass
Cropduster

Did the author of AYA and UNM have earlier works?

If yes, is it consistent in having the main characters accidentally meet beforehand (train station & street, respectively)?

If yes, then Shizuku is the likely choice.
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 08:47   Link #94
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

ok i will start off by saying soyogi is my favorite but..... i think shizuku is the most likely to win at this point, the very first chapter set him up with her in a private date sort of way and for fans of aya then they know that no matter what distractions come up the main character tends to focus in on one girl and be a lot less wishy washy than the average harem male lead, at least kaoru was, i will admit this is a different book but authors tend to do some things repetitively. drawing back some of the characters are pretty easy to compare, soyogi reminds me of miyagi strongly, and karin reminds me of tina, i am not sure who shizuku reminds me of except maybe a mix but she closer to aoi than any of the other characters.
Old 2008-09-19, 09:25   Link #95
Man0warr

The difference is in AYA there was never any doubt who Kaoru would end up with.
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 14:25   Link #96
Tiran86

I think we can pretty much count on Nagi not choosing Soyogi. It'll be either Karin or Shizuku, most likely Shizuku. Either way, I still like the set up and the story so far, so I'll keep reading.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 16:39   Link #97
Dark Mage

Anyone knows when the new chapter will be released coz its been a while
Old 2008-10-08, 19:52   Link #98
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Anyone knows when the new chapter will be released coz its been a while
Bad question. We don't ask subbers when.

but ask this question instead,

Are we caught up on chapters with the Japanese release? How far are we behind.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 20:44   Link #99
Supah Em
*Scanlator

about 5-8 chapters I think. There were discussions about chapters 30+ so I think we are lagging behind by a few weeks here.
Old 2008-10-08, 21:38   Link #100
iceyfw

A male character surrounded by girls who ain't an idiot or a wimp. Now to wait for more of the scanlations to come
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen