Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-18, 23:42   Link #41
Randumo24
Banned

Well, I liked it.
Old 2010-05-18, 23:48   Link #42
kamyu

so wait, ishida still had to use a hemostatic drug even though he never actually bleeds in this version?

sure were a few variations of the psychologically broken orihime face.

ulquiorra's "did you think that would startle me?" line being applied to just a boulder being thrown at him (as opposed to his arm)?...
that doesn't even make sense, especially after just being thrown through larger chunks of rock just beforehand...

@kniteowl: i don't think we are supposed to name where subs come from, but yes, they put the wrong file up and ninja edited it.
Old 2010-05-18, 23:53   Link #43
Randumo24
Banned

If you got thrown through a wall, wouldn't someone throwing a wall at you, startle you a bit?
Old 2010-05-18, 23:57   Link #44
X207
Gamyūsa

this was one of the best battles so far in a long time. ichigo and grimmjow still rank high uup for me but this is rather close to call atm for my favorite battle. i really like his hollow character design. it would be cool to see him call it up later on under his command but it would end up overused like the mask. orihime was annoyaing as before with kurosaki-kun but i think she learned a lesson from all of it. it may not be enough for her to push her potential as much as ichigo but its a good eye opener for her to ramp it up. i also like how some characters finally see how scary and unpredictable vizards can become.
Old 2010-05-18, 23:57   Link #45
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randumo24 View Post
If you got thrown through a wall, wouldn't someone throwing a wall at you, startle you a bit?
not if i already survived getting thrown through several bigger walls.
Old 2010-05-19, 00:09   Link #46
Jerseykid

I am guessing that since I have been reading bleach is all down hill after this posts for months that Ichigo doesn't do this again. The 1-3 fights sound good to me in theory.

The combat part was good, glad I didn't know about the arm to begin with. I thought for sure there would be some spare Ulquiorra and take the high ground usual bleachness but was so happy Ichigo in any form was able to be ruthless.

Hollowness without at least one Hichigo laugh is a crime.
Old 2010-05-19, 00:19   Link #47
Alchemist007
*Author

I was rewatching the ep, and Ishida's flailing limp arm is more disturbing than lack of one O_o
Old 2010-05-19, 00:31   Link #48
kamyu

hmm, doesn't really look like its flailing that much to me. at least not any more than an unbroken arm could anyway. if not for the fade to black cracking sound earlier, it wouldn't even be that clear that it was broken.

even still. bloody stump. spurting out blood everywhere as he runs.
Old 2010-05-19, 00:45   Link #49
Lordfujin

Hmmm, well that was pretty low budget for such a highly anticipated fight. Using recycled scenes and they might as well have put a slide show of the manga during the black and white scene with the stills of Orihime going mental... What a waste of such an epic part of the story. Could be the rough economy because that was definitely under par for such a highly viewed anime/manga.

Story- 8
Pace- 4 (seems like a lot was missing IMO)
Animation- Disappointing
Old 2010-05-19, 01:00   Link #50
Randumo24
Banned

What a whiner. What's the point of watching a show if your just waiting to find things to criticise?
Old 2010-05-19, 01:01   Link #51
Alchemist007
*Author

Randumo, are you bipolar? (redundant question?)
Old 2010-05-19, 01:08   Link #52
Lordfujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randumo24 View Post
What a whiner. What's the point of watching a show if your just waiting to find things to criticise?
Actually not whining at all. However as a viewer if such a popular anime/manga I have been spoiled just like everybody else who watches these shows. Whenever an epic battle comes along the production value goes up substantially (i.e. Gungrave final episodes, both Fullmetal Alchemists, Naruto v. Sasuke). What I'm pointing out is that for what was suppose to be one of those epic battles the production value was low when compared to other major fight sequences within the same anime (i.e. Ichigo v. Grimmjow first time he releases mask on him, first time Ichigo goes bankai, etc.). I'm pretty sure most people here can agree that this fight was suppose to be a major one seeing as there has been a major build up prior to this final fight.

Again just my opinion.
Old 2010-05-19, 01:12   Link #53
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordfujin View Post
Pace- 4 (seems like a lot was missing IMO)
well you can't blame the animators for the pace. they actually upped to 3 chapters this episode. the previous few since the return to manga have all been 2 chapters i believe.
Old 2010-05-19, 01:13   Link #54
Jerseykid

If you can't handle someone being critical of something you like you're going to have a tough time on this thing called the internet.
Old 2010-05-19, 01:25   Link #55
Voduar

I must say, I have actually enjoyed the last 3 episodes, whereas for most of the last year or so I've just been watching because Tuesday isn't exactly action night in these parts. Not to say there aren't valid complaints, but rather it has at least been entertaining. Also, for some reason, seeing it makes it seem WAY better than the manga portrayed it. Hell, Ichigo's crack power up seems at least slightly better with the clearer view of his hollowness. It is with some hope that I look towards the next episodes and great trepidation when they catch up to the manga, again.

P.S. It is with a very minor hope that a certain bat's regen powers allow him to reappear in a later part of the story.
Old 2010-05-19, 01:38   Link #56
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Hollowness without at least one Hichigo laugh is a crime.
If Ogichi had come out, he'd gloat all over Ulq as payback for aaaall the stuff he's said to everyone else
The episode was good, I've heard more K-K's before so they didn't bother me as much, the animation was satisfying, the music as dramatic as it can get in bleach...oh, I did mind Ishida not losing his hand. Inoue sees him with burns/scratches and he says "don't worry, I already used anesthetics and hemostatic drugs"!? :rollseyes:

P.S: Ulq's last line in the preview makes me suspect boys love between two hollows
Old 2010-05-19, 01:40   Link #57
Lordfujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voduar View Post
P.S. It is with a very minor hope that a certain bat's regen powers allow him to reappear in a later part of the story.
AGREED. He didn't even get a chance to show any type of potential in segunda etapa mode v. cracked-out-HollowIchi (although that just shows how powerful Ichigo's new form is even against an advanced release Espada... He may just have a chance against Aizen w/ this).

I also really liked that (I think) new song they played in the middle of their fight. Anybody know the name?
Old 2010-05-19, 01:44   Link #58
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ He owned Ishida long enough, me thinks...He also tossed his Lanza del Rampago and dealt substantial damage to his surroundings. Shichigo breaking it with his hands only goes to hype his new form.

No real pillars were cracked, broken, plowed through or otherwise damaged in the making of this series.
Old 2010-05-19, 02:37   Link #59
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

my god...Ichigo's rape face o_o
Old 2010-05-19, 02:44   Link #60
Randumo24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordfujin View Post
AGREED. He didn't even get a chance to show any type of potential in segunda etapa mode v. cracked-out-HollowIchi (although that just shows how powerful Ichigo's new form is even against an advanced release Espada... He may just have a chance against Aizen w/ this).

I also really liked that (I think) new song they played in the middle of their fight. Anybody know the name?
There's a big difference between the #4 espada & Aizen.
Closed Thread