AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 49 28.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-02, 01:29   Link #41
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Also I find that the episode is much better after reading the StrikerS prequel manga.

Goes to show you just how much closer Subaru and Teana have become since they met at the academy.
Old 2007-04-02, 01:34   Link #42
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Finally get to see the episode, albeit incomplete on streaming. And Yup, it IS awesome XD Subaru's mecha homages go so far as to her speech; someone give this girl a Super Robot now And Teana's invisibility and illusion spells are quite awesome to behold, and she doesn't lack with her Cross Fire Shoot XD

Nanoha, Fate and Hayate, it's nice to see you all doing well and still kicking ass. And yes, Raising Heart finally got that much needed English lesson

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-02, 01:39   Link #43
JediNight
キズランダム

You guys have any links to scanlations of the various in-between mangas that happen between A's and StrikerS? I think theres at least 2?
Old 2007-04-02, 01:42   Link #44
JediNight
キズランダム

I want to know what kind of enemy is going to have power great enough to stand up to the main characters now though... Fate and Nanoha based on their rankings, seem to be much more powerful than they were even in A's .... so having them + Hayate + Wolkenritter + Newbies .... seems overkill =\
Old 2007-04-02, 01:44   Link #45
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I want to know what kind of enemy is going to have power great enough to stand up to the main characters now though... Fate and Nanoha based on their rankings, seem to be much more powerful than they were even in A's .... so having them + Hayate + Wolkenritter + Newbies .... seems overkill =\
Most likely an SSS opponent (the highest known possible rank).

Or as heavily hinted on in the StrikerS manga, enemies with Anti-Magic Fields.
Old 2007-04-02, 01:45   Link #46
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
You guys have any links to scanlations of the various in-between mangas that happen between A's and StrikerS? I think theres at least 2?
Check the Nanoha Manga thread here - so far, three A's to Strikers Chapters and 2 StrikerS chapters have been scanlated (note that the StrikerS manga is simply a continuation of the A's to Strikers, basically pre-StrikerS).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-02, 01:46   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post

'AN' ?! Why stop with one?
Old 2007-04-02, 01:52   Link #48
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Gramatically, it's "A", not "An", but what the heck...

And yes, why stop with just one SSS Villain, when you can have a group of them with AMF?

Old 2007-04-02, 01:52   Link #49
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
I finally i got some time bewteen work to post my throughts on the Ep. It really has been so long a wait or StrikerS hasnt it.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-02, 02:07   Link #50
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I just blindly copy

Quote:
And yes, why stop with just one SSS Villain, when you can have a group of them with AMF?
I'm starting to think that the reason why mages don't use AMF is because it would nulify their own magic as well...

After all, if it's an AAA rank spell, there should be plenty (Okay, many not alot, but enough) of people using it.

It would be an understandable handicap.

BTW, judging from the end part of the OP, the cannon-folders that Nanoha and Fate wasted probably aren't AMF equipped, so it turns out not all Drones have them...

Round 1
Forward Star & Lightning vs Droid Army

(Yeah I know it's 'drone', but you get the joke...)
Old 2007-04-02, 02:14   Link #51
Meophist

Quote:
I believe that depends on the pronounciation. If you're pronounciating "SSS" as "triple-es", then it would be "a". If it's being pronounced "es-es-es", then it would be "an".
Old 2007-04-02, 02:16   Link #52
Petco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post

They could make it like that Yu Yu Hakusho, where at one point the characters surpass the S rank in powerlevels and then just start using numbers to estimate power levels, like DBZ.

Speaking of powerlevels and DBZ.... if they had the enemy be much stronger than the combined forces of Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, the Knights, and the rookies; then it'd be out of control like DBZ.

At first, they can destroy rocks, then they're able to destroy buildings and mountains, then planets, then more planets, then the universe, then many universes, and then everything.
Old 2007-04-02, 02:18   Link #53
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I just blindly copy

I'm starting to think that the reason why mages don't use AMF is because it would nulify their own magic as well...

After all, if it's an AAA rank spell, there should be plenty (Okay, many not alot, but enough) of people using it.

It would be an understandable handicap.

BTW, judging from the end part of the OP, the cannon-folders that Nanoha and Fate wasted probably aren't AMF equipped, so it turns out not all Drones have them...

Round 1
Forward Star & Lightning vs Droid Army

(Yeah I know it's 'drone', but you get the joke...)
Actually, that first part was for the both of you, but that's history.

Anyways, it is understandable that mages would avoid using AMF's on their own, since it'll also render their own spells useless.

Then again, It would be interesting to see a Mage that relied primarily on physical prowess, and uses an AMF just to even the playing field to make their enemies near useless...

@ Meophist: Point taken ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petco
They could make it like that Yu Yu Hakusho, where at one point the characters surpass the S rank in powerlevels and then just start using numbers to estimate power levels, like DBZ.
The ranks in Nanoha are just that: Ranks. They're not power levels per se in the usual sense, but simply assignments, and thus subject to change as the mage's potential is realized.

And I do not want "Over 9000" in Nanoha

Old 2007-04-02, 02:21   Link #54
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Anyways, it is understandable that mages would avoid using AMF's on their own, since it'll also render their own spells useless.

Then again, It would be interesting to see a Mage that relied primarily on physical prowess, and uses an AMF just to even the playing field to make their enemies near useless...

What do you call a 'mage' that doesn't use magic?

Hell, even a 'knight' uses magic ...

Then again, now that they introduce a 'rider', how many more classes are there ?
Old 2007-04-02, 02:24   Link #55
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Remember though that the team Fate and the others wanted to create would be using primarily physical attacks and whom would fight within an Anti-Magic Field.
Old 2007-04-02, 02:26   Link #56
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What do you call a 'mage' that doesn't use magic?

Hell, even a 'knight' uses magic ...

Then again, now that they introduce a 'rider', how many more classes are there ?
Well, he could be a Belka Type mage that normally uses magic, but against stronger opponents uses AMF to nullify his enemy's advantage in magic, making them victim to his skill

And god help us if this ever makes it as a homage...

Old 2007-04-02, 02:36   Link #57
Meophist

Well, if a mage has a AMF "spell", a problem occurs that the mage will have to overcome its own AMF in order to keep the spell running. This will make it an overly inefficient way of protecting oneself from spells.

Theoritically, a mage will only be able to keep an AMF field going that's half the mage's power, while using the other half of the mage's power to overcome the field itself. It would seem to be far more efficient to use barriers and shields as necessary as that would allow oneself to use additional magic.

One the other hand, AMF fields can be useful if activated by an external device. For this to be useful, the user needs to be proficient at non-magical combat. An advantage is that the user does not need to be a mage.

This is just starting to sound a lot like the game Saga Frontier 2.

…and I got hit by the redundant-acronym syndrome
Old 2007-04-02, 02:39   Link #58
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

We do know that machines can be made to cast magic spells - the Arc-en-Ciel and the AMF Drones are two good examples of machines that can cast spells, and the ID's and Armed Devices themselves are technically machines. It isn't implausible that with the proper technology, someone can create a device that can cast a steady AMF field.

Old 2007-04-02, 02:56   Link #59
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Well Nanoha have hinted that AMF can be overpowered via some High leveled spells, so i guess its not 100% magic null. heck Nanoha can get blast the surroundings with an AoE to destory everything in the AoE
Old 2007-04-02, 03:00   Link #60
Meophist

Quote:
We do know that machines can be made to cast magic spells - the Arc-en-Ciel and the AMF Drones are two good examples of machines that can cast spells, and the ID's and Armed Devices themselves are technically machines. It isn't implausible that with the proper technology, someone can create a device that can cast a steady AMF field.
If a such a thing is powerful enough, then it can be extremely effective against those who are unprepared. If a person can use a personal anti-magic AMF field effectively, they can possibly combat mages even without the use of magic. Of course, the problem then becomes range. If there were personal anti-magic AMF field generators, then I imagine mages will also use them as turning them on will amount to a good defense, and they can turn them off to do their own attacks. Since this is not the case, I imagine that there aren't any personal anti-magic AMF field generators, or if there are, they're extremely expensive and not worth it.
Closed Thread