Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2022-10-10, 19:38   Link #921
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Do they teach about Nixon and Operation Giant Lance in US history schools anymore

It shows what happens someone threatens to use nuclear weapons to end a conflict on favorable turns

//
Welp. Reading up on that subject was bloody cheery. I suppose stupidity knows no borders or generation.

Though on the non-suicidal nuclear front. Maybe Russia should pay attention to operations Rolling Thunder and Operation Linebacker during Vietnam. The United States brought forth multiple strategic bombing campaign against North Vietnam that dwarfed what we did in World War 2, and makes Russia's latest missile barrage against Ukraine look literally microscopic. And it *still didn't work*. And Russia should know this kind of thing doesn't work since they had advisors and observers right there during Vietnam to report back home of the efficacy of an air campaign when you aren't achieving success on the ground.

I think all Russia has done is convince Europe and the US that more Air Defense systems should be sent to Ukraine.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-10, 20:10   Link #922
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
And Russia should know this kind of thing doesn't work since they had advisors and observers right there during Vietnam to report back home of the efficacy of an air campaign when you aren't achieving success on the ground
"Russia" (as in, people in the intelligence community of said country) undoubtedly knows, but putin does NOT want to know, as the autocrat he is he is surrounded by "yes" man that even if they get the sudden urge even for a moment urge to tell the truth, they are sent crashing to the window or get poisoned for daring to contradict the midget in chief (google the list of oligarchs that has been assassinated since the "special military operation" started).

Putin (as the assassin he is) thinks everything can be solved by killing and/or terrorizing people; he probably thinks logistics or strategy are for the weak.

The lesson to be learned by the west is that no matter how charismatic you think a politician is (I don't care what side of the political spectrum said person is), if his plan is concentrating money and political power in the hands of the few, that will sooner rather than later breed corruption and incompetence and your country will surely decline.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-10, 21:30   Link #923
AnimeFan188

This Is Russia’s Electronic Warfare Helicopter Jamming In Ukraine

"A rarely-seen Russian military helicopter is playing a discreet and potentially extremely
valuable role in the Kremlin’s war in Ukraine. Loitering deep inside Russian-controlled
territory to avoid being shot down and flying at an altitude of more than 10,000 feet, for
optimum effect, Mi-8MTPR-1 Rychag helicopters are waging electronic warfare against
Ukrainian air defense systems."

See:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ing-in-ukraine

==================================

Ukraine Situation Report: German IRIS-T SLM Air Defense System
Arriving In Days

"Reacting to the massive barrage of missiles and drones on Ukrainian cities, Germany's
defense minister said the first of four promised IRIS-T SLM surface-to-air missile
systems will arrive in Ukraine over “the next few days.”"

See:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...riving-in-days
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 01:36   Link #924
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status...99280808992770

A Russian (not Shahed 136) kamikaze drone taken intact by Ukrainian troops.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 04:56   Link #925
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Takes from this vid for those who dont understand French

- USA rate Ukraine's use of its forces 12/10. Why? A unseen level of thinking outside the box and repurpose of civilian resource (like McGyver-izing civilian drones or using uber delivery boys for artillery spotting)

- unseen level of drone warfare. It helped compensating UA's inferiority in air and sea.

- Western MIC rubbing their hands with glee, with all that captured hardware allowing them to come up with counters for years to come. Think Akutan's Zero in WWII. This also leave Modi and others very embarrassed, as Russian hardware is not as hot as they were hyped to be. THEIR public opinion will have in mind the images of tanks dragged by tractors, or tanks having their turrets blown up dozen of feets in the air. "Do we really want OUR boys to die like this?"

- Putin, and "doves" long assumed NATO overstayed its welcome and will eventually crumble. Instead, the invasion give it new life.

- Putin also realized that public opinion is the West's great weakness, thats why he used networks like RT to spread his poison since 2 decades. Youtuber says that we should treat them the same way we treated jihadi propaganda. Because, the damage it had done on people is visible to everyone on social networks, especially with bots and whataboutist speeches.

- China may be thinking twice before playing clay claiming on Taiwan.

It should be noted that this youtuber used to be anti NATO, anti UE, anti imperialist.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 11:31   Link #926
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Alexei Mordashov's yacht, Nord, is anchored in Hong Kong.

HK CEO John Lee that the SAR government won't act. The only thing he can do is follow UN sanctions.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2022-10-11, 12:45   Link #927
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
- USA rate Ukraine's use of its forces 12/10.
As we say here, it is not about the size of the fighting dog, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog! >_< Same rule applies to russia, it might be a bear, but being malnourished, inexperienced and unmotivated will therefore be cut down to size by a german shepherd* eventually.

Quote:
It should be noted that this youtuber used to be anti NATO, anti UE, anti imperialist.
He can still be labeled as anti.imperialist, he is merely acknowledging that the wanna be empire that is most likely to want to bomb Paris is not the USA. I suppose, my french is nonexistent >_<

*insert the one shown for sale in episode 14 of Spy x Family-
Old 2022-10-11, 17:52   Link #928
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Go back to the paranoic hideout you came from if you are so afraid.
The stupidity levels in this post are beyond 9000.
You just need to accept the reality that your country is being used to wage a proxy war that neither the military contractors (Record profits and all that jazz) nor Russian hawks want to end any time soon. The hundreds of billions of dollars that are being poured into your country on a monthly basis are complete blank checks with no accountability and they are just a massive waste of money.

What's even more important is that the world is now contemplating the very real prospect of a nuclear war. The US government has been holding emergency secret meetings all week with regards to the rapid war escalation.

There are now nuclear preparedness campaigns creeping all over the place as well. Lets look at the new ridiculous nuclear bomb commercial for the city of New York:

YouTube

Oh and the luxury bunker industry is booming! Orders are filled to capacity and millionaires and billionaires are queuing up building orders with wait times of at least year out.

YouTube

Moral of the story, continuing the war in Ukraine is absolutely retarded.
Old 2022-10-11, 18:18   Link #929
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Tell that to Russia, then. Oh wait, you want to just give them what they want. And then when they inevitably do the same thing again, I presume you'll just say to give them what they want again. And they will do the same thing again, since this is already the second or third time they've done this in recent history.

But you'll gloss over that in order to fear-monger some more, right?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 18:45   Link #930
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I kind of consider calling a currently beleaguered country's citizens stupid for refusing to capitulate under the heel of a nuclear boot under the paranoid fear of someone somewhere encountering the tiny chance of atomic MAD to be rather morally reprehensible, and I do really hope the majority of people agree with my sentiment.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-11, 19:10   Link #931
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

It is kind of refreshing that the only weapon left in putin's arsenal is a FUD (fear, uncertainity & doubt) campaign that is frightening no world leader, tbt what is more frightening is giving in to nuclear blackmail and living perpetually under the fear that his next demand will not be met and nuclear escalation will come next.

But as I have already said, RT should be banner from the google store and remotely uninstalled from all smartphones, once people stop getting their lady propaganda fix they will regain their senses.
Old 2022-10-11, 19:33   Link #932
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
So what, Ukraine is supposed to let Russia gobble up their land and wipe them out? You're telling an entire country to lay down their arms and give up their homeland because the other guy might be crazy enough to use nuclear weapons?

Here's the reality. The moment Russia launches any nuclear weapons, they are done as a country. They will be invaded, bombed, and their government will be completely dismantled. Russia cannot fight the world and the world is not on Russia's side.

Yes, we're hurtling toward big wars, possibly even a third World War, but it won't be because some pencil dick with an inferiority complex in Russia hits the big red button.

My advice is to go outside, take a breath, and touch some grass. You're spending way too much time in certain circles and it's obvious.
Old 2022-10-11, 22:08   Link #933
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post

But as I have already said, RT should be banner from the google store and remotely uninstalled from all smartphones, once people stop getting their lady propaganda fix they will regain their senses.
I'd add all Chinese/Venezuelan/Iranian pro-state media agencies too, but that's for another day I guess.

Old 2022-10-12, 00:07   Link #934
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is no justification. The first nation to use nuclear weapons offensively in the modern age loses. And they know it.

No one really wants to die, therefore no one is going to use nuclear weapons in any realistic scenario. Especially in the form of being a sore loser.
Old 2022-10-12, 00:13   Link #935
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Lmao imagine acting like NATO sit with their thumbs up their asses while begging Papa Putin to not push the big red button. Black and Baltic sea more than likely have a bunch of NATO subs ready. But ok lets give in the demands of a bully butthurt over the fall of the Iron Curtain.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-12, 00:18   Link #936
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Was informed that Ukrainian troops intercepted a cruise missile attack.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFoota...n_igla_manpads

Old 2022-10-12, 01:48   Link #937
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
So to be blunt here and squash everyone's idealistic view of this war; to answer the same question that everyone keeps asking: are we supposed to let a nuclear armed country illegally invade another and let them get away with it? Yes! You cannot stop the country by force alone, because in doing so you increase the chance of nuclear war, however small that chance might be it is still too high when all it takes is for one nuclear explosion to spark an unstoppable chain of events.
That stance is already cowardly in a world with only one nuclear power, but it is arguable. In a world with multiple nuclear powers, it goes past cowardly to become unconscionable and stupid. It sends a strong signal that to prosper, you not only need nukes, you need to put a madman in charge. Which ultimately increases the risk of nuclear war.

No, the only way to avert that is to make it obvious and unquestionable that a nuclear first strike is a terrible idea. Which makes your whole reasoning fall apart.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-12, 02:32   Link #938
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That stance is already cowardly in a world with only one nuclear power, but it is arguable. In a world with multiple nuclear powers, it goes past cowardly to become unconscionable and stupid. It sends a strong signal that to prosper, you not only need nukes, you need to put a madman in charge. Which ultimately increases the risk of nuclear war.

No, the only way to avert that is to make it obvious and unquestionable that a nuclear first strike is a terrible idea. Which makes your whole reasoning fall apart.
People easily espouse armchair idealism when they're not the ones getting shot at.

We live in a very very MAD world, a status that has been effective in preventing nuclear conflict for more than half a century. I would argue that the current situation isnt even close to what the Cuban missle crisis nearly brought us to.

There is no morally justifiable reason to sacrifice a nation and its people to satiate a tyrant's imperialist lust. Someone espousing the ideals of peace and prosperity built atop human corpses and burned cities his a hypocrite of the highest order. This is the same propaganda tack of Germany and Russia in the 1930s and we all know what happened after that.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-12, 03:33   Link #939
GDB

Quote:
The USA has been playing this game longer than Russia has and will also continue to get away with being the "world police" for a long time to come.
But you're about to say that you can't police the world.

Quote:
Russia invaded a country, and acted illegally. The sad part is that this won't be the last time a nuclear armed country will do this, and every time it happens there will be no recurse but to do a proxy war or work on a peace deal, because a direct assault is out of the question.
So why is THIS proxy war not okay, but future ones are?

Quote:
So to be blunt here and squash everyone's idealistic view of this war; to answer the same question that everyone keeps asking: are we supposed to let a nuclear armed country illegally invade another and let them get away with it? Yes!
This is, quite literally, the dumbest thing I've ever read. And I've read quotes from the GOP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
There is no morally justifiable reason to sacrifice a nation and its people to satiate a tyrant's imperialist lust.
One nation today. Again, he won't stop until, at minimum, he reunites the USSR.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-12, 04:33   Link #940
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Russian government pays pretty huge sums for propaganda in the Internet. I don't know if this guy being paid, influenced by all that paid bullshit or just another conspiacy theorist. Either way, it is not worth listening to their nonsence.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote