AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-11-21, 03:49   Link #4561
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Not that you've opened the discussion on strategic victories, it appears as if Bal Masque strategically won every single fight they had with the Flame Haze in Misaki City.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 03:56   Link #4562
edgelesspigeon

Not necessarily. Bal Masque failed in their attempt to turn Misaki City into a pool of Power of Existence and failed with the Statue of Pride. Both of those were strategic victories for the Flame Haze, as they prevented the Snake of the Festival from returning.
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 04:03   Link #4563
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

However, even though they failed to transform the city into a massive source of Power of Existence, they were able to expand Yuji's capacity to match Hecate's. They later took advantage of this immense Power of Existence as a battery for the Statue of Pride. (Besides, they discover that there's a much better vessel for the Snake of the Festival than the emotionless Statue of Pride and the Silver.) Bel-Peol is a force to be reckoned with, devising plans that have alternatives that will still give the Bal Masque a strategic advantage.

I also think that the Trinity knows that the Snake of the Festival will come and they are very patient about this, waiting for millennia just to get this perfect chance for the Snake of the Festival to return.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 04:10   Link #4564
edgelesspigeon

Excellent points. But in both those cases, they had to utilize backup plans, backup plans that actually worked out better than their "Plan A's", but backup plans nonetheless. In the end, you're right. The Trinity had the advantage in the long run. They had the time, and they only had to succeed once, whereas for Flame Haze to win they have to succeed each and every single time.
Old 2011-11-21, 05:33   Link #4565
Tnurgwols
Man of a 1000 animes ^^

Waves Yoshida flag all happily in the corner XD [ just loved Chapter 7 of the anime cause she appeared :3 man gotta love a perfect girl =) ]

BTW all subs sucks or is it just me who dont gets what is happening? Cause I am smart and noticed many things...and I know second season sucked and made us lose track of many explanations needed to understand this last season...but still...I even got lost in many parts of the dialogues lol

Waves Yoshida flags again! (if only animators were less cruel or lazy they could make an alternate ending for her...do same in Toradora for Minorin...and I will become rich and give them all my money to compensate them some years after this one rofl)

Anyway...anime is following novel quite good....yeah :O? hope so :S

Last edited by Tnurgwols; 2011-11-21 at 05:34. Reason: miss-spelling
Tnurgwols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 10:45   Link #4566
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgelesspigeon View Post
What I'm interested in was who one the personal duel between Shana and Yuji, or was that a stalemate as well?
I would actually like to know this too. Does Shana and Yuji's battles remain 1 sided as novel 16 or do they manage to match each other equally?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 10:56   Link #4567
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Spoiler for Repeating from the last page:
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 11:16   Link #4568
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Oh? that last sentence caught my attention. Im assuming it had to do with the fact that the world was already starting to change?
Old 2011-11-21, 13:03   Link #4569
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnurgwols View Post
Waves Yoshida flag all happily in the corner XD [ just loved Chapter 7 of the anime cause she appeared :3 man gotta love a perfect girl =) ]

BTW all subs sucks or is it just me who dont gets what is happening? Cause I am smart and noticed many things...and I know second season sucked and made us lose track of many explanations needed to understand this last season...but still...I even got lost in many parts of the dialogues lol
The self-important and/or pseudo-scientific pseduo-babble is strong this season. Especially when unrestricted spells and love are involved (and the two are being linked here, to boot).

Quote:
Waves Yoshida flags again! (if only animators were less cruel or lazy they could make an alternate ending for her...
God no.

Quote:
do same in Toradora for Minorin...
Maybe this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Spoiler for Repeating from the last page:
I can already see that this will be the least favorite moment of the season for me, but I guess she has to vent somehow. Can't comment too much on it since I don't know the context but it doesn't sound like she's learned any lessons about being weak from her time in Seireiden
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 15:51   Link #4570
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Quote:
What I'm interested in was who one the personal duel between Shana and Yuji, or was that a stalemate as well?
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping:

Spoiler for SnS III:
Ec1ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 20:25   Link #4571
edgelesspigeon

Spoiler for Concering Teh_Ping's spoilers:

Spoiler tagged because anyone who wants to remain pure won't see the spoilers in my question.
Old 2011-11-23, 05:22   Link #4572
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Spoiler for Concering Teh_Ping's spoilers:

Spoiler tagged because anyone who wants to remain pure won't see the spoilers in my question.
Basically, the former. Reptiles need to hibernate, you know.
Old 2011-11-23, 15:42   Link #4573
Kaskodiona
Let's all love Shana-tan.

Location: Location? LOCATION YOU SAY?! ...I won't be a bot and say it like a bot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Basically, the former. Reptiles need to hibernate, you know.
I lol'd.

(So SnH is basically a snake that is interested in fashion and festivals. He can bite, but when you show him some pretty clothes or a festival, then he will be his awesome self. Gotta love that dude.)
Kaskodiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 10:27   Link #4574
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, I just worked on this. Need checkers, but I'm officially into the game.
Old 2011-11-24, 12:50   Link #4575
alvinkhorfire

@Teh_Ping
Thanks for translating the epilogue of Volume 22.

The word "he" confuses me, as it can mean either Snake of the Festival or Yuji. So, the ending is that Yuji and Shana are now parents of a cute son and daughter, right?
Old 2011-11-24, 13:40   Link #4576
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

What....thats not it I dont think.
As far as I see it looks like Yuji lives in the new world and likes to travel all over the place helping people (and being attacked sometimes too).
Snake is sleeping for the next couple hundreds of years....but yeah the last part about 2 others sleeping with him confused me a bit. Oh well I guess I can always wait for the anime
Old 2011-11-24, 14:03   Link #4577
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
@Teh_Ping
So, the ending is that Yuji and Shana are now parents of a cute son and daughter, right?
I nose bleeded!

Game8910, SnH hibernates? :P EDIT--» Anyway and now that I've read the epilogue, I think Snake is still inside Yuji, but sleeping.

Thanks Teh Ping, a lot!!

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!

Last edited by Senshigeia; 2011-11-24 at 20:33.
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 20:10   Link #4578
Elf song

Thanks for the translation of the epilogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
What....thats not it I dont think.
As far as I see it looks like Yuji lives in the new world and likes to travel all over the place helping people (and being attacked sometimes too).
Snake is sleeping for the next couple hundreds of years....but yeah the last part about 2 others sleeping with him confused me a bit. Oh well I guess I can always wait for the anime
Spoiler for the two kins:
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 20:51   Link #4579
lightbringer
M9000

I thought it would be about Pheles and Johann's kids. Maybe not...
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 21:24   Link #4580
alvinkhorfire

@Elf song
Thanks to you as well for the clarification.

So, the epilogue is entirely about Snake of the Festival, without mentioning Yuji and Shana, right?

Okay, what is about the following statement?

Quote:
Hearing the footsteps of the contractor beside him, who was contracted to the only god who could kill him.
Who is this contractor? Shana, I presume?

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen